The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Red Herrings, Episode 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-28-04, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Red Herrings, Episode 5"
From the CBS.com website.

Next on The Amazing Race
Tuesday, August 3 10PM ET/PT

1. At the mercy of a foreign cab driver, Linda & Karen have trouble communicating where they need to go and miss a very critical flight. Can they catch up?

2. Stuck with a pack of Teams waiting for a flight, cousins Charla & Mirna make a stealthy move away in the middle of the night.

3. Trying to complete a task, one Team is hopelessly lost amongst the great pyramids on the Giza Plateau when they run into a rival Team. Will the rival Team bury the hatchet and help the lost duo, or leave them behind to lose?

4. Teams are forced to face their fears of dark, cramped spaces as they must descend the ancient shaft to a watery tomb.

1.So Linda and Karen miss the flight. a 'very critical' flight is really not the kind of flight you want to miss. They are now the favorite to lose (although I'm beginning to suspect it's gonna be non-elim)

2.I would be willing to speculate that Charla and Mirna get a lead in their 'stealthy getaway', because they get so much focus on the video preview in the Tunneling Roadblock and usually the focus of the previews of an event is on the first teams to arrive at the challenge (colin+christie at the caviar, c+m at hockey). Or maybe it's just amazing that the Dwarf is tunneling like a Dwarf!

3. hmm.. 'bury the hatchet'.. what teams really hate each other... Chips + Twins, Doughboys and Charla + Mirna...

4. Tomb raiding from the preview.

So it doesn't look good for bowling moms... and it looks to be another auspicious week for Charla and Mirna. Let's see what the web preview says once CBS gets its act together.

MM

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5 TARJUNKIE999 07-28-04 1
   RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5 hookem 07-28-04 3
 RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5 memacmur 07-28-04 2
   RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5 Gingerman28 07-28-04 4
       RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5 TeamJoisey 07-29-04 6
 RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5 ivoryElephant 07-28-04 5
   RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5 Gingerman28 07-29-04 7
       RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5 toddE 08-03-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TARJUNKIE999 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-28-04, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARJUNKIE999 Click to send private message to TARJUNKIE999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5"
FWIW, according to the Insider video on the CBS web site, Chip/Kim have no more money. They spent everything they had left on the cab ride to Pushkin. So the only money they have will be what they get at the start of leg 5. Might not matter, as it's probably a non-elim leg. *yawn*

hookem 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-28-04, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hookem Click to send private message to hookem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5"
If I am not mistaken, teams are allocated an emergency $200, right?

=====
I'm hittin' the road. Maybe I'll drop you a line some day from wherever I wind up in this crazy old world.
-Homer Simpson

Hook'em Horns!

Expect the unexpected.

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-28-04, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5"
Keeping the subject title of this thread and last week in mind...

Linda and Karen should be safe. The stupid brother was shown complaining about the dumb one's choice to walk to The Horseman statue in the previews, which teased that that might lead to their elimination. Alas, it was not to be.

My guess is L & K will end up on a flight not much different than others in the back of the pack. I'm not sure if TAR organizers ensure there are only one or two available seats on the earliest planes, or it's just working out that way. But it has made some of the airport drama a bit more watchable (although I'd still like more focus on actual roadblock/detours).

Either that or they're last, but it's non-elim. Yawn

MEmacmur

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5"
You have to remember also that it is just not seats for the two-person team that have to be available, but there must be an additional two seats for the crew that accompanies each team.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-29-04, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5"
For what it's worth: Normally, they are accompanied by one crew member. That's who is sitting in the front passenger seat when one of them drives, and who sits in the front passenger seat when both are in the back of a taxi.

And I suspect CBS books seats for crew members well in advance for all flights, so that teams can get on any flight they choose. That's why none of the teams ever ask for more than two seats.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-28-04, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5"
I noticed also that the people portrayed in the previews (minus allison/donny) have been safe.

Also there seems to be a pattern of one of the top teams getting eliminated.

Just on personal opinion I think chip and kim are toast next week if it is an elimination leg

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-04, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5"
If Chip and Kim are toast next week then our "solid" spoiler from New Zealand is not worth its weight in salt.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-03-04, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Red Herrings, Episode 5"
Chip and Kim aren't toast--I think that spoiler is totally solid. They are probably going to encounter the twins in the pyramids, and one team will help the other (no idea which team is hopelessly lost). The intrigue is whether the unseen team #1 is Mirna and some guy. Hope so. Maybe they can hang till the end. That would bring in some great ratings!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •