The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Time to speculate: the injury, what does it mean?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-27-01, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Time to speculate: the injury, what does it mean?"
Who gets hurt and is it relevant to the game?

We know that it happens in the Kucha camp.

We all know the Mike burned hands rumor, which I personally don't put much stock in.

My question is, how burned could he really get??? Would scalding water really warrant 2 months of treatment??? The way I figure it, unless the shelter caught on fire and fell on him, he would not have sufficient exposure to warrant the kinds of burns that are being alleged?

Also, would a burned hand result in the shocked reactions we see from Jeff and Liz?

I don't think the injury is relevant, but let's see if someone has a better idea on it. Also, don't want to sound insensitive to burn victims....I really don't know much about hte subject, just what common sense tells me.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 something I should add... shakes the clown 02-27-01 1
   RE: something I should add... Elwood 02-27-01 3
       Snakes and IC AyatollahKhomeini 02-27-01 6
 Speculation about what it's NOT weltek 02-27-01 2
   Evidence for the hand burn theory TS999 02-27-01 4
       RE: Evidence for the hand burn theo... Josiehart 02-28-01 14
 RE: Time to speculate: the injury,... ItzLisa 02-27-01 5
   Burn injuries AyatollahKhomeini 02-27-01 7
   RE: Time to speculate: the injury,... ACPS65 02-27-01 8
 Info wildcamper 02-27-01 9
   RE: Info shakes the clown 02-27-01 10
 RE: Time to speculate: the injury,... Minstrel 02-28-01 11
   MB : the story teller... Krautboy 02-28-01 12
       RE: MB : the story teller... DivaByTheSea 02-28-01 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-27-01, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "something I should add..."
according to the boot sheet, an Immunity Challenge called "Obstacle course" is SCHEDULED for e#6.

Scheduled does not necessarily mean that it actually takes place.

Also, we have seen ZERO advance footage of the IC...haven't we seen clips of all the other IC's in previews?

Elwood 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-27-01, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elwood Click to send private message to Elwood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: something I should add..."
A bit hard to guess on this, as the results of this "injury" mean a lot to what possibly happens afterwards.

I don't think the injured person is forced to leave. My gut tells me it LOOKS bad at first, or at least looks to be almost deadly, but turns out to be nothing much. With the chopper shown, I DO think the injured gets chopppered out to the Base Camp, but is soon sent back when the injury is found to be non-threatening. I DON'T think this is where Mike burns his hands.

What I think happens is someone gets bitten by a snake. Seeing as there are a lot of deadly snakes out there, there is some immediate concern over the health of the bitten. I mean, they could die, right? Either no one sees the snake, or it's seen but of a variety that COULD be deadly, or not. So they do the preliminary work, call for a chopper, and get the person out, only to discover after observation that it's not life-threatening (or, if it's possible - don't know my snakebites - it IS a deadly snake, but they get it under control/antidoted in time, and all is well - is this a possibility?). Since a note was dispatched to Ogakor, we have to assume that either a) MB and Co, at least at first, think it's serious enough to notify them, or b) MB just wants to mess with the Ogies (I kinda like that one).

Now I've been reading the boards, and I've noticed that some people are saying MB mentioned it's serious enough that tribe-members need to be relocated. This doesn't really fit my theory, though, unless it IS a deadly/dangerous snake, and they move them for their own safety.

My thoughts on who it is: Alicia. She was quoted (again, I wish I could provide links, though I just read them sometime today - this and the MB thing) that she did receive a minor injury, so this could be it. I think a snakebite could qualify as a minor injury (though if it were deadly, but antidoted, I'd still think it was major).

So my theory is Alicia is bitten by a snake, thought at first to be deadly, but ends up not so bad.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-27-01, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Snakes and IC"
I have no idea whatsoever what the injury is. I do believe Mike burns his hands, but I do not believe it happens in E6: it messes up the game strategy too much, and Michael is NOT returning to the game with a serious burn injury. A poisonous snake bite is a strong possibility; there was a gratuitous shot of a water snake in the middle of the last episode (someone else has also mentioned this), and a bite in camp would freak the survivors out.

Anyway, I don't believe the injury, whatever it is, causes anyone to leave the game. On the CBS site, the E6 preview asks whether the Ogres will win the precious immunity idol. Why ask that question if there IS no immunity challenge in E6? Remember, MB may want to screw with us, but he doesn't want to mislead the average viewer at the same time. So I predict a scary injury that may lead to a doctor being helicoptered in to treat the injury ... but that's all.

I think Jerri is crying about being rejected by Colby, not about anything having to do with the injury.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-01, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Speculation about what it's NOT"
I don't know more than anyone else what it is or isn't, but here's what logic tells me:

NOT a Gator attack: Jeff's reaction was one of a Homer Simpsonish "doh!", like he saw what happened. If a gator attacked, wouldn't you be in more of a panic as to "how do I help?" A gator attacked wouldn't necessarily be referred to as an "accident" in tree mail to Ogakor.
NOT a snake bite: Jeff looks like he plainly saw the incident and went "doh!". He would have had a look more of puzzlement. How would he have seen the snake bite someone if the person was in the water? Also, probably not termed as an "accident."
NOT a burn: Splash in the water has the person fully submerged. If my hands were burned, I'd drop in the shallow part of the water, not run clear out to the middle and splash. MB also made the comment that the upcoming event was certainly not the worst thing to happen to a survivor in the show. A critical burn would be pretty major. The burn though would account for Medivac and the "accident" term. But why couldn't Ogakor wait til RC/IC or TC to learn about one person's misfourtune.
NOT during an IC/RC: The Ogakkor tree mail wouldn't be needed then. Unless two incidents happend. Injury at IC/RC AND an accident at Kucha.

For Ogakor to get the tree mail it must be either HUGE news or game altering news. I am still just in bewilderment over this whole thing. I feel that whatever happens probably doesn't effect TC. Just a pure hunch there though.

TS999 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-27-01, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TS999 Click to send private message to TS999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Evidence for the hand burn theory"
I like the burn theory because:

All of the outback fire pics seem to be foreshadowing of something to come.

Jeff getting his woolys burned explains how this might happen, along with talk of moving the fire.

The pic of Michael with the burn gloves (maybe a plant, maybe not)

And finally...

Why would MB plant a rumor about the burned hands, going so far as to show a picture of Michael with burn gloves? It doesn't make sense. All of this burn stuff would be planted only if it served an end for MB, and I just don't see it.

Josiehart 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-28-01, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Josiehart Click to send private message to Josiehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Evidence for the hand burn theory"
I'm new here from the now defunct board..thanks for welcoming us newbies.

I don't know if you guys saw this but it was a frame capture from the E6 previews from the CBS website.

I am in the "Mike on Fire" crowd. I think his clothes or hat catch on fire and his hands are burnt before he jumps in the water because he is trying to first put the fire out with his hands. That doesn't work so he jumps in full force.

Thoughts?

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-01, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Time to speculate: the injury, what does it mean?"

>My question is, how burned could he really get??? Would scalding water really warrant 2 months of treatment???
***Yes - the niece of a woman I work with had this happen in a camping accident. She was scalded badly enough on 30% of her body (happened when she was a child) to have to be whisked off to a burn treatment center, skin grafts, plastic surgery - all that damage from a water scald, so yes, it can be quite serious. He's lucky it was just his hands, in other words.

>The way I figure it, unless the shelter caught on fire and fell on him, he would not have sufficient exposure to warrant the kinds of burns that are being alleged?
***Yup, he sure could.

>Also, would a burned hand result in the shocked reactions we see from Jeff and Liz?
***Again - sure could. If someone has been burned, and is possibly screaming, running for the water, in horrible pain - that would shock/scare me if I was there and saw it as it was happening.

> Also, don't want to sound insensitive to burn victims....I really don't know much about hte subject, just what common sense tells me.
***No, don't worry, you're not coming off as insensitive - I'm no expert either, but how were you to know till you hear it from someone who knew about it happening to another person? After hearing about my co-worker's niece, then everything that supposedly happened to Michael makes sense.

****************************** "I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas." (Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy)

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-27-01, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Burn injuries"
Burn injuries can be very severe in children. My ex-brother-in-law was with his not-quite-2-year-old son in a cafeteria, and Starbucks-temperature hot coffee spilled on the boy's chest. He needed SIX YEARS of surgery, grafts, special "sun shirts", etc. before the scarring went away, and another two years of treatment before he was completely done.

I would anticipate that Michael suffers a second-degree burn. Here is the description of second-degree burns from cooltheburn.com:

"Partial thickness burn"

"These burns involve the entire epidermis (top layer of the skin) and some portion of the dermis (second layer of the skin). Partial thickness burns are often broken down into two separate types: superficial partial-thickness burns or deep partial-thickness burns."

"Superficial partial-thickness burns cause blistering and are painful. Under the blister, they are red and moist. They heal within three weeks with minimal cosmetic defects (you wouldn't notice the scars with a casual look). There is usually only a change in the skin color, or pigmentation."

"Deep partial-thickness burns are dry and may appear ivory or pearly white. They require longer than three weeks to heal and usually produce severe hypertrophic scarring. A skin graft is usually recommended for deep second degree burns."

If Michael suffered third-degree burns in E6 (I did not post the description), it appears that he would not have fully healed by the time of the articles in mid-January (at least if avoiding visible scarring and loss of movement was his objective). But -- since the minimum healing time frame is three weeks -- it appears that he could have suffered second-degree burns anytime (even right after the end of the show), worn compression gloves at Christmas and in the Rhinosoft bio pic, and healed in time for the Survivor premiere party. In other words, Michael's burn is a POTENTIAL spoiler. Now will not be its time.

ACPS65 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-27-01, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ACPS65 Click to send private message to ACPS65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Time to speculate: the injury, what does it mean?"

>>The way I figure it, unless the shelter caught on fire and fell on him, he would not have sufficient exposure to warrant the kinds of burns that are being alleged?
>***Yup, he sure could.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hoo boy! Ha Ha! Do you have any IDEA how HILARIOUS that would be? I can just picture Michael in the shelter praying and it collapses on him in one swoop. That'd be so funny! Heh.....anyway....I think the injury will be as a result of some sort of fire, yes, and I think the burn will be minor....in addition, I feel the contestant (Rodger) will not be flown out of the Kucha camp but (Rodger) will be attended to by a doctor flown in to help the injured one (Rodger) . I don't think this will have any effect on the Immunity Challenge, which I predict Kucha will win.
That's all. Thanks for reading.

Final Four: Alicia Calaway, Jeff Varner, Elisabeth Filarski,
Michael Skupin.

wildcamper 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-27-01, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildcamper Click to send private message to wildcamper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Info"
Well just a little tidbit

I just saw the preview and it said

"and who on the kucha tribe will be attacked by a large croc?"

02-27-01, 07:56 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Info"
>Well just a little tidbit
>
>I just saw the preview and
>it said
>
>"and who on the kucha tribe
>will be attacked by a
>large croc?"

you are either:

A. Lying or
B. Joking

If you are joking, then maybe you ought to give it a rest cause it really wasn't funny.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-28-01, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Time to speculate: the injury, what does it mean?"
I don't discount the burn theory but I agree with Aya it probably has nothing to do with E6. I think the accident is realted to a storm where a tree or branch falls on someone. Perhaps lightning knocking down a branch suddenly. It has been raining hard and storms have appeared many times in the two weeks they have been there. It was raining again the night of TC5. That night or the next day, could produce an accident of this nature. It would support Elisabeth's statement "it just hit hard." No one dies.

I think the injury may cause the person to be transported to the hospital, but I don't think the stay is extended or affects TC6 in the form of missing it. It may affect the reward challenge such that IC6 and RC6 are combined, but that would make the obstacle challenge postponed to another episode, and the "Blind Leading the Blind" be for all the marbles.

The person injured, if "evacuated," is likely to return to the game if they even left it at all. Should Kucha be at TC6, this person votes, but people aren't voting for the injured person. The injured person is most likely a male but we have been fooled before. The previews tend to show just for that episode and don't bring past or extended future clips. That would be irrelevant. Therefore, we saw Alicia, Rodger, Elisabeth, and Jeff. Elisabeth twice so she appears safe from injury. Jeff was holding his head implying to me, that he is not it.

Rodger looks to be holding Elisabeth "awkwardly" and could be the victim as Elisabeth is very upset. But then, she could emit that emotion about anyone. It's her nature. Still, Rodger is a possibility. I just don't think so. Alicia is absent mostly, but we see concern on her face. Could be anything. But I tie her to the other three using the concept of "it's not who we showed you."

Nick or Mike. Either could be the scenario. Make up what you want. Crazy Mike out in the woods searching for more pig and wham! A branch falls on him. Nick lounging around or taking a walk, and bam! Mike cooking a meal and gets hit with a branch knocking him into the fire burning his hand. I like Mike the most because Nick seems to evade everything. Under the radar Nick. So, Nick is immune to things going on. It's not him.

Finally, two comments from MB. "It's not the worse thing that happens." "...causes major changes..." Sounds as if he had to rearrange things (challenges) or at least provide the helicopter to pick up the victim.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-28-01, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "MB : the story teller..."
MB went to an awful lot of trouble in EP% to foreshadow a "trial by fire". As I look back, almost every Kucha scene made reference to the fire...first being too close to it, followed by detailed close-up views of Roger and Mike moving the fire, PICKING UP FIRE PIT ROCKS WITH THEIR BARE HANDS, poking at it and re-lighting it. The next scene they talk about how cold they were after moving the fire away...What is MB foreshadowing? Maybe trying to move it back in EP6 and grabbing a HOT ROCK in the process? Even after they won the blankets MB chose to leave in additional footage of Alicia talking about the cold. Why waste precious air time unless the "storyteller" is setting us up for the "jaw-dropping" event he already knows is coming up? After which their "confidence is shaken" because they think they may lose a key member of the tribe...

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-28-01, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: MB : the story teller..."
I think that you're right on the storyteller angle. Something happens with FIRE. Someone gets burned, or maybe even something really catches on fire. (Jeff's wooly finally gets it?) I think that the shots from the water could be a boat. Maybe the "accident" is that the boats flips with Michaal and Rodger in it....Rodger is ok, but Mike is hurt. That would explain the shot of Elisabeth crying and hugging Rodger ("i'm just so glad it wasn't you that was hurt....i don't know what i'd a done w/out you.")

The accident involves Rodger and Michael both somehow. IMHO

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •