The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-04-09, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
As posted by Survivor Phoenix, the title for episode 12 is Damage Control.

Most likely a statement from RussHell when he has to deal with the wrath of the slighted and quite out of the loop, Shambo...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... emydi 12-04-09 1
 RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Georjanna 12-04-09 2
   RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... emydi 12-04-09 3
       RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Outfrontgirl 12-04-09 4
 RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Outfrontgirl 12-04-09 5
   RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... emydi 12-04-09 6
       RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Outfrontgirl 12-05-09 7
           RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Master B 12-05-09 8
           RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... JC222 12-05-09 9
               RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... JC222 12-05-09 10
                   RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... emydi 12-05-09 11
                       RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Outfrontgirl 12-06-09 12
                           RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Flowerpower 12-06-09 13
                               RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... michel 12-06-09 15
                                   RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Outfrontgirl 12-06-09 17
                               RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... kingfish 12-06-09 16
                                   RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Georjanna 12-07-09 24
                           RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... emydi 12-07-09 21
                           RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Tublecane 12-07-09 26
 RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Corvis 12-06-09 14
   RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Outfrontgirl 12-06-09 18
   RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Flowerpower 12-07-09 19
       RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... kingfish 12-07-09 20
           RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Tercel 12-07-09 22
               RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... CTgirl 12-07-09 23
                   RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... JC222 12-07-09 25
                       RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Tublecane 12-07-09 27
 RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... PhillyBrat 12-09-09 28
   RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... JC222 12-09-09 29
       RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... frisky 12-10-09 30
           RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Outfrontgirl 12-10-09 31
               RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... PhillyBrat 12-10-09 32
                   RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Outfrontgirl 12-10-09 33
                       RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... dabo 12-10-09 34
                           RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Outfrontgirl 12-10-09 35
                               RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... CTgirl 12-10-09 36
                                   RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Contr... Outfrontgirl 12-10-09 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-09, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-09 AT 10:30 AM (EST)

Really what can Shambo really do she has no strategy skills (other than dreaming!ha michel!)and she will not team up with Dave who she wants out. Dave and Monica will not want to risk a purple rock for whomever Shambo wants out like they did for Laura. Although Jaison is at least thinking of possible consequences. Actually Russhell et al could Christy her and have BDM vote with them but I think Russhell will smooth her over and either M or D will go, esp. bc he wants to use Shambo at F5 to get him and Natalie to the F2 and oust Mick/Jaison then

It seems the only one able to get anything done is Russhell the others seem to have good ideas but can't execute them. John, Monica etc. Oh and probably Dave see the secret scene at Jiffy's blog

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-04-09, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-09 AT 04:15 PM (EST)

Also from Survivor Phoenix:

PRESS RELEASE

THE CASTAWAYS ARE SHOCKED TO DISCOVER A TWIST THAT WILL ULTIMATELY SEND TWO OF THEM HOME, ON "SURVIVOR SAMOA"

Fearing that he is next on the chopping block, one castaway gives a shocking performance at Tribal Council.

12-04-09, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-09 AT 04:49 PM (EST)

wow a double boot this late...so D M are toast

I think Dave will be the shocking one...probably going to air Russhell's dirty laundry like he said he'd do in secret scene.

I wonder if Russhell has to play his HII and if it's good for both votes....ETA...it could be 2 separate TCs bc TDT is saying that John's ponderosa tapes show that next TC is only a day after he was booted, day 31 so they could have another TC on day 32 or 33

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-09, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
Yes, and Jeff said they gave up on double boots after the Russell S evac, and went for a new system to eliminate two people. If it's not simultaneous, must be sequential. Actually there is some leeway there, because Jeff said they would not be doing the tribal stage double eliminations where both tribes have to boot one no matter who wins the challenge, which a lot of viewers don't like.

Also a certain source person said no double boot, coming from the perspective of a player.

They could do something like play an immunity challenge at TC and go straight into a vote without strategizing. Or they could do two short cycles with no RC. The latter seems likely enough, but the teaser said it's a twist. I don't see two one day cycles as a twist.

Big Brother has done the immediate HOH & veto followed by second eviction numerous times, and Survivor has done the immunity at TC then immediate vote at F3, and once at F4 (Africa). Then there was the Jennie and Rebecca boot in the Cooks, where they did the first boot vote not knowing they would be doing a second right after.

12-04-09, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
JC222 pointed out Dave's secret scene on EW (blog topic) as probably tying in with Mick's snake speech. I agree, and I also think it's the answer to the teaser. Dave is already planning to call out Russell at TC; that will be the performance, I am betting.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/12/04/jeff-probst-blogs-survivor-samoa-episode-12/

He's been putting together a list of Russell's promises, lies, dealings, and he'll lay it out trying a last gasp at getting the other Foa Foa to turn on him.

I wonder if it could scare Russell into playing the idol. Normally I would not think this is a TC he would consider using it, but if he's in the hot seat, he might.

12-04-09, 09:56 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-09 AT 09:59 PM (EST)

i thought so too but the web promo seems to suggest it's Russhell who feels he's on the chopping block

looks like he may be playing idol again from his face at one of the 2 tcs (also 2 ics)

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C83730647E2F79CC

12-05-09, 06:14 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
Very interesting promo! I agree it sounds like Russell will be on stage at the TC (one of them). He sure has that sh*t eating grin on his face like he's sure of himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays the idol, but why the hype that it's the boldest move ever? He's already idoled Kelly out of the game.

Also, can we be sure the TC footage is new? There are a bunch of individual shots that could be from any TC, including Russell's smirk. Perhaps our buff placement and clothing analysts will have some answers.

Re the performance - it looks in the promo like Dave is striking a deal with Russell, and if he decides to roll with that, Dave wouldn't want to be attacking Russell.

Appears Pepe was right in the topic I started, and at least some of what we didn't see from last week's promo will be this week -- specifically Jaison saying Russell is Russell. I wonder if we'll see the scene with Russell getting down on Natalie, and the Monica "I'll owe you" Dave scene.

Will we see Shambo saying I'll pull the trigger right now to Dave?

Master B 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-05-09, 06:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Master%20B Click to send private message to Master%20B Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
i think that old footage... remmy kelly bootted he smiled

JC222 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-05-09, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JC222 Click to send private message to JC222 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
I agree, OFG -- why the "boldest TC move ever" if Russell just plays the HII which has been done in the past. Must be something new to it. Perhaps he gives it to someone else? Or could he entice people to vote for him with his TC performance only to play it?

With 2 TCs this episode, it seems strange that they'd use old TC footage in the promos, but you never know.

12-05-09, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JC222 Click to send private message to JC222 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-09 AT 11:19 AM (EST)

P.S. Regarding the smug shot of Russell at TC:

I'll go back and check, but I don't think it's an old shot from Kelly's boot. We hopefully can tell from the beard growth and also Mick (in red) is sitting to his left.

ETA: Master B, I think you're right! I just replayed the Kelly boot TC and Russell had the same buff on his head look going, and Mick was on his right. Also, the Shambo "weird look" shot they use in this promo seems to be the same too.

Kinda odd that they'd go back several episodes for TC footage. But as OFG mentioned in another thread, they really seem to be skipping around with time manipulation in the promos lately. I guess you could read into this that by going back for clips from that particular TC that the HII does indeed get played this episode.

12-05-09, 12:13 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
It could be old pic but the editors wanted us to see this for this ep so Russhell does do something at one of the TC. So it's Russhell not Dave that has the TC "moment"

Also if you read John's interview with Webby, he says he told MDB that Russhell had the HII. Jaison also says in a clip on CBS that he wanted to make sure he won the IN bc then they had IN and HII, so he knows too, so everyone knows except maybe for Shambo.

I'm thinking more and more that Shambo might get "Christied" at F8 and then MorD go at F7 If I were Dave and Monica that's one of the only things they can do to save themselves for a bit anyway. Going after Russhell is bold and it won't work and as OFG says we see dave making a deal with Russhell on the beach to save him for one more day Also Jaison and Mick should want her out before F5 so Russhell doesn't have her in his pocket then. I'm thinking Shambo stays mad and says something to Russhell that makes him decide he has to get her out now.

12-06-09, 02:02 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-09 AT 02:08 AM (EST)

The argument for Shambo going next is strong, but I'm still leaning towards her greater longevity.

All season there's been a spoiler on Shannon's shoulder and weight loss by Shion is Queen listed at TDT. I never went and read the original posts at Sucks, because I don't like Sucks, and I didn't realize there was more detail to be had. But I just did. Here is what she said.

I'm pretty sure Shannon is going to go far in this game. Apparently she was asked to do S20, but refused. No way they'd ask her if she was an early boot.

She's the sales rep for our restaurant. I saw her right after she got back from Samoa and she was noticably thinner. Not supermodel thin, but there was a real difference. I tried asking her how much weight she lost, but she wouldn't say.

Also, she ordered a tuna sandwich (check your jokes at the door, plz) and she completely destroyed it. Almost as if she'd never eaten before. I can't imagine someone that has been in loser lodge for a while acting like that.

The vibe I got was that it was just a plain miserable experience for her. You know the type, the Colleen/Elisabeth types that emerge from the game saying that they will NEVER go through that again. That's Shannon.

And when I say noticably thinner, I mean maybe 20 pounds or so (I'm bad at estimations). The bio pic of her on CBS is how she looked before she left. But now, you can really see a difference.

(talking about not doing back to back seasons)
The difference between Rupert and Sandra is that Sandra actually went the distance in the game, where Rupert had at least two weeks to recover BEFORE getting back home.

Grapevine has it that Shannon injured her shoulder about two weeks into the game.
(we now know it was at the sliding rocks reward)

She also thinks that this season is going to be really good. Her exact words: "I can't tell you anything but...oh my god...you will die when you see it."

scuttlebutt around the place says she lost 30 pounds.

She said that she dislocated her neck and goes into a full-on muscle spasm during the challenge and that's why she falls out.

Oh, and she apparently hates Survivor now. LOL

The weight loss math:
We can see she's lost a lot of weight. We also see how much they eat at Loser Lodge. Tons. If she goes out at F8 she has eight days in Loser Lodge, according to TDT's calendar, which he's already adjusted for the back to back TC's. If she goes at F6 she has three days in LL. Not only five less days to pig out, but five more days to lose more weight.

In the past, the people with 3 days or less recovery time have kept off significantly more weight. Early jurors even gain all their weight back. Look at how emaciated Coach was. F5 and F6 is the same amount of recovery time because this is F3.

Turning down S20 may or may not show her lack of time to recover psychologically. Knowing that she has to go to LL with Laura/Kelly/Monica and everyone but John is bitter so far, I don't know that LL is such a healing place. In Tocancins, Brendan and Tyson set the tone for a fun jury house, but this one is depressing.

Plus her neck and shoulder hurt now. However, if she got to eat and get medical treatment for over a week, she could have been more receptive than being basically unhealed from the game.

Back in S2, Tina gave an interview saying the first thing she did when she got home was tell her husband see ya, I'm taking a long bath. People spec'd that she never spent any time out of the game, and that turned out to be true. Tina also said she would never do Survivor again. (not that I think Shannon wins, but I'm arguing that she came back with the mentality of someone who made very late game.)

12-06-09, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-09 AT 10:35 AM (EST)

OFG makes some very valid arguments for Shambo to survive this episode. I think her powers of persuasion have worked on me. Let's not forget that the title of the show is indeed, damage control. Most likely damage control is uttered by RussHell and is directly in reference to keeping Shambo in the dark with the John boot. The damage control will be delegated to RussHell and, remember, what RussHell wants, he gets. It will most likely be successful, rather than not.

The promo, Fearing that he is next on the chopping block, one castaway gives a shocking performance at Tribal Council, does lead us to think that this will also be RussHell, with the boldest move ever. HMMMMM?

Sure sounds like Dave, but the promo points to RussHell. The promos have led us astray before.

Could RussHell give his HII to save one of his alliance mates, proving his loyalty...now, that would be a bold move, which would cement the vote toward either M or D? Thinking outloud here.....?

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-09, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
There's also a pattern to the boot selection:
FF first used Kelly and Laura to vote out Erik
The next 2 to go were Kelly and Laura.
The FF used John to vote out Laura
The next to go was John.
FF used Dave to vote out John
Dave should be the next to go.

Of course, this was partly by accident. John choosing to keep his apple pie could not have been foreseen and it worked against him. Shambo was the one that pointed to Kelly and Laura. But, if it is by design, attract someone to be the swing vote and then vote that person out as a fence sitter, then hats off to Russell.

Note that Shambo would be needed to vote out Dave so I'd expect her to go right after him. Weight loss spoiler are often useful but she could also have caught a flu (!) or something in Loser Lodge. That would account for the 3 days or so she couldn't have used to regain weight.

12-06-09, 06:14 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
She has seven or eight days to regain weight at F8 or F7. She grumbled about her shoulder and her neck; if she'd caught a flu she may well have moaned about that too.

I'm not saying weight loss is definitive, but she also had a huge edit in Ep 1.

That is a nice pattern, michel, but only John was a swing vote. Kelly was solely a Shambo choice (as you noted). Laura was a logical choice due to her challenge success and leadership, who had been on the block but saved herself winning immunity.

I think Dave's fate may well come down to whether he tries to build a coalition against Russell. He says in his secret scene that he plans to recruit Mick and Jaison, and we see Mick and Jaison considering a Russell boot, so I infer from that most likely Dave and Monica (and Brett) are trying to make a move. Maybe Shambo will be part of that move, but Dave and Monica are the brains of the opposition.

People who make moves against Russell instead of accepting a pawn position go home. That is a pattern too.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-09, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
Good thinking. Russ has shown to be (to my thinking) one of if not the wiliest Survivors in the history of the game, and it's always (almost) a bad move to give up the HI. The move that fits his MO is strategic reveals, strategic promises to give it to someone, but to always use it for himself.

Russ is a great intuitive player, and if anyone could figure out when giving it to someone else would be better than using it himself, it would be him. But I would bet against it.

The news that Shambo won't return is good and bad news. She is one of the worst and most irritating Survivors we've ever seen, but she does provide comic relief. I kind of feel sorry for her while at the same time wishing she gets her comeuppance.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-07-09, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-09 AT 01:16 PM (EST)

Russ is a great intuitive player, and if anyone could figure out when giving it to someone else would be better than using it himself, it would be him. But I would bet against it.

I would bet against it too. However, not only does Russell now have to mend his fences with Shambo, but the reaction shots of Mick make it pretty clear that it wasn't lost on the former Chief that Russell was gambling with his shot at $1,000,000 at the last Tribal Council. And, given Dave Ball's plan to launch an all-out campaign for Mick's - and Jaison's - votes (a plan that I don't think will be a clandestine one for long), if ever there was a time when Russell considered bartering his Idol (or Immunity), Final 8-7 may have been it.

And the devilish details of the maneuver could make for a very "shocking Tribal Council performance".

G

12-07-09, 10:45 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
I think you've convinced me OFG!! But at F6 she's go out at day 35-36 only about 3 days in LL

Tublecane 141 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-09, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tublecane Click to send private message to Tublecane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
"I'm pretty sure Shannon is going to go far in this game. Apparently she was asked to do S20, but refused. No way they'd ask her if she was an early boot."

Heck, Boston Rob didn't even make it to the jury firt time around, did he? But he was a character. Shambo is edited as if we should be real interested in her. I'm not always, but I have to admit, her personality is solidly built enough to be on a long-running sitcom, if only in a Newman from Seinfeld-type role.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-06-09, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-09 AT 11:15 AM (EST)

Never mind.

12-06-09, 06:16 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
I didn't see your thoughts before you edited, Corvis, but I just want to wave at you. I've been missing your presence in the spoiling discussions. Nice to see you.

12-07-09, 07:29 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
WAVES to Corvis as well! Happy to see you and definitely, we miss your 2 cents around here. Hope you will stay for a while...

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-09, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
I think he thought he was in a dirty limerick thread when he first posted.

But Hey, we could use a dirty limerick right about now.

Tercel 27 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-09, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tercel Click to send private message to Tercel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
It's not dirty, but here goes:

There once was a group who spoiled
While survivors themselves toiled
They both entertained
Surely not in vain
For fans such as us who are hard-boiled.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-09, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""

12-07-09, 02:32 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
LOL, thanks Tercel.

Re next boots: While I still think it's logically a slam dunk for FF to boot Dave/Monica next (or even Brett if he doesn't win IC), there are several signs that have me wondering about Shambo being a possibility this week:

-- Between Laura going and the big-goodbye to the chickens, it seems like Shambo's story is coming to a close. And even Jeff sort of seemed tired of her at the auction. Also, if Monica in particular were going this week, I would have thought she would have had a little more face time this past episode (or in the promos).

-- Given that there are 2 TCs this week, it's possible that Dave or Monica could win at least 1 of the ICs and screw up FF's intended boot order. Especially with the bowling, almost anyone could win, including Monica.

-- Jaison's whole speech to Mick about Shambo potentially flipping back because of FF doing to her what Galu originally did to her seemed to be a significant scene, like there will be a payoff with some sort of repercussions. And then there's the "Damage Control" title. Maybe it all just means that Russell has to really suck up to her and cajole her to get her back in line (in which case Dave/Monica are out for sure since she hates them both), but it seems like Shambo's becoming more emotional and irrational, and if she confronts Russell or doesn't go along with his plan, then he's the kind to change up his game plan and get her out asap.

-- Seems to me like Mick especially (but also Natalie) are socializing with Monica and thinking about the social game and jury votes. They might realize that booting Shambo over Monica would play well with the jury and win them some 90210 votes.

-- Mick and Jaison are smart and if they're thinking ahead (which admittedly they might not be), they should see that Russell and Shambo are too tight and should think about how Russell might be using Nat and Shambo to boot them at the end game.

-- If TDT's F4 and F5 boot spoilers are correct, then from a weight loss perspective there's not much difference between Shambo going at F7 or F6, esp. with the condensed time period this week.

I guess it all comes down to how Shambo reacts to John's boot. John seems to think that they were tight and Shambo might be upset....but with Shambo you never know. So while there's nothing concrete that Shambo goes this week, I'm just feeling like I wouldn't totally rule it out at this point, esp. with a double boot this week.

The one thing that is a huge argument for Shambo staying this week is that she's been a huge character this season and I would think that CBS would want to play it up and give her an entire episode. A double boot week seems more like a way to condense a boring Pagonging. As you can tell, I like to debate both sides of the argument .

Tublecane 141 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-09, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tublecane Click to send private message to Tublecane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
"Jaison's whole speech to Mick about Shambo potentially flipping back because of FF doing to her what Galu originally did to her seemed to be a significant scene, like there will be a payoff with some sort of repercussions."

Could be. Seemed to me it was meat to add a little suspense to the vote. Like maybe the other Foas wouldn't go along with Russ this time. Otherwise, the audience would have known for sure it was John, and that's bad storytelling.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-09, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
Just a thought...

I was checking out the SOTS and I realzied that there was a quip about how a player received tree mail and assumed that there would be a double tribal council or a double vote.. Lemme get the quote..

1. The castaways are shocked to discover a twist that will ultimately send two of them home, on Survivor Samoa.

This is a twist. So I am now wondering if the "two" immunity shots we have are not differnt challenges but in the same of a long run of obsticals that need to be completed for that 1 immunity.

You can see here in the bowling clip that there are two "blue" lines.

Could be the path the survivors must follow when running this course?

If this is true then that would mean the second immunity challenge would be AT tribal and after they voted someone out. (Which is why I think we don't have any images of the second challenge.)

And thoughts??

12-09-09, 11:07 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
Excellent idea PhillyBrat! Welcome to the Board - I'm new too.

I always felt like the bowling was kinda lame on its own for an IC...and I just noticed this morning that TDT says you can't see Brett under his tower in the bean bag toss so he thinks there's another phase to that challenge.

And you're right, we never really figured out what the "twist" was, other than there are 2 TCs/ICs. So I really like your idea of a 2nd IC at TC, although would that then qualify as 2 TCs per the promo hype?? I suppose so in CBS's mind. And there is precedent for this in past seasons. It would also more easily explain why they can cram it all in in 1 episode...it would also allow less time for scrambling and for me seals it that Monica (not Shambo) would go next this episode.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-09, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-09 AT 02:02 AM (EST)

Welcome, both.

If, as you speculate, there is an IC at TC, this would certainly help explain some of these clues. An on-the-spot IC and then vote could lead to spectacular performances and shocking moves.

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

12-10-09, 03:08 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
If you check my post #4 above, I had spec'd there'd be an IC held at TC, but that was right after the show aired. When they put up the web promo specifically saying 2 TC's, I gave up the idea.

The web promo says 2 IC's and while it says that flashes the stomping set up and the bowling as a 1-2. While they could be deceiving us, the promo does read that those are the two IC's.

That said, TDT thinks this episode might be 3 days, and I cannot think what is a twist about having 2 IC's in three days. The way the rest of the game goes, if this ep is 2 days, the F6 3 days, then the F5 would be have to be two days instead on the usual one.

Anyhow, no twist is in evidence other than that there won't be any rewards. I suppose that could shock the castaways. I think it was a Shambo insider, anyway one of them said the food rewards have been consistent, and that would get them through the game. No food and two I'Cs, two TC's - that will at least bum them out.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-09, 06:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
>< I didn't see your post there earlier an am sorry if I stepped on any toes, after reading the SOTS I thought about the one word given too us and that word was TWIST.

I have been thinking about how they can go with this idea of two IC's and two tribals without it already being part of the game. (We have seen before when castaways have only ONE day for an immunity challenge then tribal that same night.) That isn't a "Twist".. Something has to happen to make this "Twist" important to the players... I think having 2 challenges and 2 tribals in the same day could do this. (It could be at the end of a 2 day cycle, it would just have to happen at the same day.)

Another thing I thought about would be to have 2 immunity challenges during the days (making 2 people immune) and then at tribal vote out two people. (With two different votes.)

Then again if Jeff tells them at their first IC that there will be 2 rounds in the next 2 days there isn't anything really twist worthy just "Be prepaired for tribal tonight and tomorrow".

12-10-09, 03:31 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
No worries, it's good to read all the posts though before posting a "new" idea in case someone else already had the idea. That's how we collaborate, no?

You and I have been thinking along the same lines and I like your brainstorming. I agree there is something that doesn't agree with the teasers. We have to keep in mind though that this season CBS has put out some teasers that were totally bogus, and sometimes the reason the spec plus vidcaps doesn't fit with the teaser is that there's BS in the mix we're being fed.

Considering your new ideas:

They can't have two daytime IC's and two separate TC's in one day, because TC's are only filmed at night. They need the darkness and torchlight for atmosphere.

A TC with two separate votes is still ONE tribal council.

Like I said above, there is something unexpected about back to back TC days, and that is the castaways are expecting food and R&R rewards as a way to give them energy to get to the end. They know there won't be rewards in the last 3-4 days. Early on in the game they weren't getting food rewards and a short cycle wasn't unexpected. But now they feel entitled.

I read somewhere that they were talking about getting family letters or videos at the auction. That's another thing they expect to happen soon, plus a family visit. So I do think this will knock them off balance, It isn't what you or I may consider a super twist, but it probably surprises them and bums them out.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-09, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
They know there won't be rewards in the last 3-4 days.

I don't think they know this. There have been rewards during finale episodes in the past (not counting the gift champagne breakfast for the finalists).

The difference this time is production started with an extra-large cast and skipped one of their planned early dual boot episodes (because of the Russell Swan medical evacuation) so they ended up having to alter the endgame plan to meet the schedule. But they don't inform the players about anything in advance unless they absolutely have to.

So, I agree that there probably won't be any rewards in the finale this time(except last breakfast), I just disagree about whether the cast knows this.

12-10-09, 04:08 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
You are right, dabo. Let me amend that to say they don't know whether there will be rewards at the end. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. The final breakfast is after the last challenge. What I'm talking about is that they feel rewards give them strength to compete in challenges, as Brett said in his Insider clip about the auction. (btw, that makes me wonder if Brett won an item and they didn't show it, because he said he planned to bid for food, and we didn't see it happen.)

Rewards away also give them an opportunity to openly socialize and bond with people that are in opposite alliance camps.

At this point, Dave, Monica, and Brett are looking for time and opportunity to get into the Foa Foa heads and turn the game around. Then boom, F8/F7, time's up.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-09, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
Then boom, F8/F7, time's up.

Maybe that's all there is to the twist. CBS has been known to make more of less!

12-10-09, 07:59 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Episode 12 Title, "Damage Control""
I wonder if they'll get videos from home on the first IC, a combo. Maybe someone will give the chance to see them to Shambo to woo her vote.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •