The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jenn C's appearnce on the Tonight show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

MeTee 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-30-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeTee Click to send private message to MeTee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jenn C's appearnce on the Tonight show"
I caught bits of it when she explained her use of the term jew...but did anyone see the whole interview...if so..what did she say? How did she explain her psychotic behaviour?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jen C's appearance on the Tonig... TreeHugger51 09-30-04 1
   RE: Jen C's appearance on the Tonig... BriarRosie 09-30-04 2
   RE: Jen C's appearance on the Tonig... frodo2 09-30-04 5
   RE: Jen C's appearance on the Tonig... halleyg 09-30-04 6
 RE: Jenn C's appearnce on the Tonig... Tahj 09-30-04 3
   RE: Jen C's appearance on The Tonig... TreeHugger51 09-30-04 4
       RE: Jen C's appearance on The Tonig... freakusmaximus 09-30-04 9
           RE: Jen C's appearance on The Tonig... TreeHugger51 09-30-04 10
           RE: Jen C's appearance on The Tonig... amea_gari 10-02-04 14
   RE: Jenn C's appearnce on the Tonig... MeTee 09-30-04 7
       RE: Jenn C's appearnce on the Tonig... Angelfood 09-30-04 8
       RE: Jenn C's appearnce on the Tonig... Tahj 10-01-04 12
           RE: Jenn C's appearnce on the Tonig... banzai 10-01-04 13
   RE: Jenn C's appearnce on the Tonig... okaychatt 09-30-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TreeHugger51 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-30-04, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TreeHugger51 Click to send private message to TreeHugger51 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jen C's appearance on the Tonight show"
Do you mean her poorly-executed behavior which revealed that she is a religious bigot? (I do agree bigoted people are often psychotic.)

I also did not catch Jen C's Tonight Show appearance, so someone please step up and clue us in!

P.S.: I recently heard during a diversity discussion I took part in that Jews consider themselves a different race rather than being lumped in with "white" which seems *somewhat* reasonable to me.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-30-04, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jen C's appearance on the Tonight show"
Stepping in here as someone Jewish.

I've always considered myself caucasian. I'm pretty pasty
white, and I can't tan worth a darn. I don't know of any other Jewish person who believes we're a separate race.
And I think Jen C. looks more Jewish than I do. LOL!
If you go by the Fran Drescher "look", that is.

Anyway, I thought that Stacey was right to feel offended by
Jen's callous ignorance about those older ladies. I didn't
think they were Jewish, so I wonder what "Jewish radar" Jen
had.

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

frodo2 289 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-30-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodo2 Click to send private message to frodo2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jen C's appearance on the Tonight show"
I took the "step in someone else's shoes" test. If she'd said that "we lost because of those 2 black customers" I wouldn't have taken in to mean more than her identifying specific customers. In New York and the east, it seems trendy for whites to call themselves fancy ethnicities besides plain "white", so it doesn't seem unusual in that context.

So my ruling is that Stacy's anti-defamation radar was turned up way to high, but it didn't matter because Jenn was going to lose anyway, and so will Stacy in due time.

halleyg 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-30-04, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail halleyg Click to send private message to halleyg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jen C's appearance on the Tonight show"
I am Jewish and although I do not believe that there are other races besides the human race, I do not consider myself the same in terms of ethnicity as someone who considers themselves "white." This is not at all uncommon among Jews. I have trouble defining myself as white when there are people belonging to hate groups who call themselves "white supremists." But all in all I do not feel or define myself as "white."

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-30-04, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jenn C's appearnce on the Tonight show"
I saw Jen this morning on the Today Show. She is half Jewish and said she didn't mean anything offensive by describing the women that way. A lot of this gets blown way out of proportion, I think, primarily because of the editing.

09-30-04, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TreeHugger51 Click to send private message to TreeHugger51 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jen C's appearance on The Tonight/Today Show"
Yeah, I was pretty surprised by the *separate race* thing during that discussion I took part in last week. First time I'd heard of it.

As for Jen C's comments on A2 and the Tonight/Today shows, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on this one. Kinda like I've been told many times that only blacks feel that they can utilize the N word. Kinda like I have issues with my own race at times.

PLEASE NOTE: I do not want to start a discussion about Jews or the N word, nor any other word used to derogatize any race.

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-30-04, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jen C's appearance on The Tonight/Today Show"
FYI- the separate race concept was invented by Hitler- I am pretty sure. He classified the whites into the "arian race" and the "jewish race". In fact, Judiasm is not a race but a religion.

09-30-04, 08:13 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Jen C's appearance on The Tonight/Today Show"
"FYI- the separate race concept was invented by Hitler - I am pretty sure. He classified the whites into the "aryan race" and the "jewish race". In fact, Judaism is not a race but a religion." (sic) (spelling errors in original post corrected)

I KNEW this was going to come up! As a student of history I did in fact know that Hitler was the one who created that separate race thing.

But it's different when Jews themselves say it. I personally don't believe it's that widespread with Jews - unless they're not talking about it which is possible. It just happened to come up in that diversity discussion I was in, and again, I don't think it's that widespread.

I do not wish to continue this sidebar discussion!! I have no reason to doubt Jen C's assertion that she is half-Jewish. If someone wants to start a separate thread about it, be my guest. I'm not really interested (and not because of insensitivity), and this is not the thread or forum for it.

I'm more interested in the real reason we're all here - to engage in a GENERAL discussion of The Apprentice 2!!

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-02-04, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jen C's appearance on The Tonight/Today Show"
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-04 AT 02:42 AM (EST)

"FYI- the separate race concept was invented by Hitler- I am pretty sure. He classified the whites into the "arian race" and the "jewish race". In fact, Judiasm is not a race but a religion. "

I am assuming you don't mean, by this 'invented by Hitler' comment that 'Jewishness' is not a separate ethnicity. In that Hitler chose to perceive Jews and other 'Non-Arians' as less than human, and therefore of a different race, you might say he had a hand in the proliferation of the now common usage of the word 'race' to indicate different ethnicities. Then again, that was being done centuries before Hitler was born.

I am afraid, however, that what you mean is that Hitler was the first one to separate the Jews from caucasians, as a different race/ethnicity, and that prior to Hitler, to be a "Jew" was to practice a certain religion. That is grossly incorrect.

There are two meanings to the word Jew. Both stem from what the Jewish people originally were-- that is a group of people with a common ancestor who segregated themselves, whether by the will of God or their own choice I won't debate here, and who also followed a certain religion. This religion, uniquely monotheistic in a time when polytheism was the norm, bound them together up until the great dispersion, when the Jewish people were scattered. At this point, Jews settled all over the Western world, and it is a long and complicated history that need not be delved into here. Many married non-jews, the 'race' became very mixed, in many countries, while other Jewish descendants strove to keep their bloodlines pure, as had been dictated by their religion. They did, after all, consider themselves the chosen race of God. You may claim this is all biblical mumbo-jumbo and a false history-- actually, it is supported by secular sources, including ancient secular historians and archaeology.

The Jewish people were originally an Aramaic race, and therefore, originally, QUITE ethnically different than caucasian, or 'white' people. To be a Jew is currently to be able to lay claim to at least some small amount of Jewish blood, or, to be technical, genetic material passed down from a unique, segregated community of people. Many Jews also continue to practice the Jewish religion.

These are the facts of the matter, and something i would have thought, before reading these posts, was common knowledge. This is not esoteric or hard to find history-- it isn't hard to educate yourself on these matters, even if you have been denied the benefit of the material in school.

All that said, Jen C's comments don't necessarily make her a bigot. We are so quick to label people, as if we can stamp "trash" on their foreheads and then toss them in a bin and forget them. The labels "bigot", "sexist", and "Racist" are tossed around so much, and yet are still some of the most damaging words in out current society, leading everyone to tiptoe through mine-fields of political correctness. She certainly used the term "Jewish" in a way MEANT to be derogatory, but people only care because it's a hot topic, not PC. Evidently, you're not a bigot if you call someone a "Christian" or a "white" person and mean it in a derogatory fashion.

MeTee 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-30-04, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeTee Click to send private message to MeTee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jenn C's appearnce on the Tonight show"
Tahj
If you saw the show why dont you tell us everything. Was she asked anything about Stacy J....or Stacy R?

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-30-04, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jenn C's appearnce on the Tonight show"
Yes, someone please share!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-01-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jenn C's appearnce on the Tonight show"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-04 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

>Tahj
>If you saw the show why
>dont you tell us everything.
>Was she asked anything about
>Stacy J....or Stacy R?

I don't remember the whole interview. You can view it on the Today Show web site. I couldn't view it cause I have a Mac. Here's a link:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633/?ta=y
Go down to More Today Show Video and click the arrow to bring up Jen C's video.

Lookee, it's me!

banzai 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-01-04, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail banzai Click to send private message to banzai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jenn C's appearnce on the Tonight show"
For the Today show, I got this link instead:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6140403/

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-30-04, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jenn C's appearnce on the Tonight show"
"said she didn't mean anything offensive by describing the women that way."

I don't believe one word from Jen C. She's had time to think about what happened, plus she's seen the way she was edited.

She was genuinely ticked at those two women, and she used "Jewish" in a derogatory way. She could have just as easily described them as old biddies or persnickity older women or those two friends who gave us a hard time about the decor.

No, Jen C., half Jewish or not, was being a bigot.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •