The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-21-09, 05:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 "
Survivor 19: Samoa
State of the Spoiling – Episode 6

Welcome to the SOTS where we try to one-up EPMB and accurately predict the results of Survivor before it airs... sometimes we are right, and sometimes we are not. But, we will eternally try! If you are new to these boards, please take a look at our Community Guidelines. You will find them helpful in navigating your way around SurvivorBlows.

If you missed last week’s show, you can read dabo’s excellent rendition of the show here ”The Sea Was Angry”

This week will be another abbreviated version.
We really need writers. Pepe has next weeks SOTS.
After that it’s open.
If you need help with linking pictures or threads just ask or PM me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Episode 6: "This is the Man Test"

Brownroach brought us the title here

frisky brought us the Vidcaps for this week. Ep 6, “This is the Man Test”

This thread shows the true nature of a spoiler.
Frisky ask; “Does anyone have any ultra-zooming software so we can peek at the reflection in the doc's sunglasses?”

Pepe responds with:

Frisky responds with:

As I was drawing so crudely on this picture, I noticed another figure looming in the foreground of all the other figures, as if he was just out of camera shot when the camera was on the doc.

I tawt I taw a Mark Burnett!
It *is* his trademark hat, isn't it?

Yeah, we can't tell much from these shots, but I guess if it's Mark, it's a big deal. I think the only time we've seen Mark on the scene was during the Skupin evacuation.

Good catch if you did Frisky. Glad you’re with us.

These next set of pictures shows us Russell S’s collapse and fall:

At the beginning of the month SquidProQuo brought us EW/Dalton Ross's preview clip of a
future challenge called ''Roll With It.''
This was one of the first views we see of this weeks unfinished challenge.

Spoiler Threads that pertain to this week;

Outfrontgirl posted Medical evacuations tied to the weather. There is a very good discussion of dehydration.

CTgirl posted Press Release Clues

And finally we have Brownroach’s The Missyae Spoilers, Part 2
*ATTENTION* The first Subtopic of the thread discusses Russell S’s evacuation. There is also discussion of the final 3 and jury votes. Don’t go if you don’t want to know.

Other fun reads and on-going topics:

Jbug’s thread about Evil Russell

Squidproquo is keeping us up with two threads; Jiffy’s EW Blog.

Samoa Insider – Episode 5 This is a transcript by James Barber.

Georjanna’s thread Signs of Survival: Samoa
Check out Estee’s Survivor #19 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread for talk about the past weeks show.

Survivor Blows is famous for its the Players, the Game and Editing thread. Check it out! Just remember that this is a non-spoiler thread.

And lastly, don’t forget to vote in Dabo’s thread, SurvivorBlows Tribe, Time To Vote: S19 ep6, for the Survivor you think will get the boot this week!

Keep up with next seasons spoilers by reading Brownroach’s S20 Villains vs. Heroes – Outside Spoiler Thread

And sign up for a State of the Spoiling here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Summarize:

Reward Challenge: canceled
Immunity Challenge: canceled
Visiting Castaway: Mark Burnett?

Med Evac - Bootee: Russell S

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KIRCON’S RAMBLINGS

I’m having picture problems; I’ll try to fix it tomorrow.
Do people read this? Would you like to try your hand at writing a SOTS?
Have I missed anything?
Help me out so I can get to bed earlier!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 Outfrontgirl 10-21-09 1
   RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 suzzee 10-21-09 2
       RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 LFJ 10-21-09 3
 RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 emydi 10-21-09 4
 RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 goldenmike4393 10-21-09 5
   RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 LFJ 10-21-09 6
 RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 Brownroach 10-21-09 7
 RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 Max Headroom 10-21-09 8
 RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 CTgirl 10-22-09 9
 RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 michel 10-22-09 10
   RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 PepeLePew13 10-22-09 11
   RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 Brownroach 10-22-09 12
       RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 CTgirl 10-22-09 13
           Agree dabo 10-22-09 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-21-09, 05:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 "
aw, kircon, I appreciate the late hours you put in! Great job! No I could not do it. I can only appreciate you and the other SOTSers. .

My only question is what the heck will they do to fill up the 45 minutes. I feel bad for Russell, but as it is four months later and we know he is OK, I can only get caught up in the drama to a minor extent. Mostly I'm mad at SEG for pushing these guys to the brink.

Honestly, I'm annoyed with CBS for flat out releasing a clip of him falling. Why can't they restrain themselves and leave it for the show. It's like these movie trailers now that show every worthwhile moment of the movie, and then expect me to pay nine bucks to see it over again, only with filler thrown in.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-09, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 "
I'm guessing we might have the RussH show. He's been the only one playing so far anyway. Maybe we'll get enough footage of Galu so that I'll finally be able to tell the difference between Laura and Monica. In any case I'm expecting a lot of confessionals from the so far silent tribe members. I'm with OFG, I feel that I've already seen this weeks episode.

Agman S19 Samoa

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-21-09, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 "
Generally, a crisis tends to bring out the best and the worst in character. It might be interesting to see how the individuals respond to witnessing a traumatic event. That could take a lot of time. Maybe this episode will help us get a better idea of who these people really are?

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-09, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 "
thanks k you're the SOTS queen

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-09, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 "
Thanks for the digest. That's a lot of info for sure!

OFG: I am "sensing" that RussSWELL had a pre-existing medical condition (we may never know due to the confidential nature of medical records) that exacerbated his situation. We don't see anyone else keeling over. It could be hypoglycemia or something. No way do I think he is diabetic. He never would have made the show. This particular health condition coupled with dehydration = WOW! A hit to the head for a guy who makes his living using his brain (attorney). WOOOO!

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-09, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 "
The last photo in that series is not suggestive of a head injury or airway problem. His head is tilted slightly forward, resting on a backpack. That in itself is a no-no in an obstructed airway situation, as the head needs to be tilted slightly backward to straighten the airway and facilitate airflow. The backpack would have had to come from one of the crew and placed under his head, presumably at someone's direction. "Head injuries" are typically elevated, as much as 45 degrees, and during actual brain surgery, bolt upright in some cases. So while he does sustain a blow to the mandible, the care he is recieving in the picture appears to be concentrated on his lower body. They might be positioning him. If it were a heart attack, his shirt would have been ripped or cut off in a heartbeat, and paddles for the portable defibrillator would have been applied, at least to monitor his EKG activity.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-09, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 "
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-09 AT 12:50 PM (EST)

Good job with the SOTS, kircon.

I, too, feel like they've already shown us the whole episode so we needn't bother watching on Thursday.

TDT was apparently too bored to even finish updating the Survivometer for this episode, he stopped after the first three Foas.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-09, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 "
Nice job, kircon. Even with an easily-spoiled episode like this one, it still takes work to pull everything into an SOTS, and I appreciate it.

agman's helping me survive

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-09, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 "
Thanks for summing everything up for us Kircon. Great job!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-09, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 "
Great job Kircon.

I wonder what's left to put in a summary. I'll have to come up with something...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-09, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 "
Y'know... doing an episode summary is 50% reporting what happened in the episode and 50% making up stuff ... you should have a lot of fun making up stuff - at least, the other stuff before and after the seriousness of RussWell's situation. Enjoy!

Kircon -- great job in pulling this SOTS together on short notice considering you had to take this on without a writer available. CBS didn't give us much to work with this week.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-09, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 "
You could go for the minimalist approach and fit the summary into a single sentence.

Or at most a paragraph. I really think more than one (short) paragraph would be overkill this week.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-09, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SOTS – S19 Samoa: Episode #6 "
First of all, michel, you will do fine, you always do!

Secondly, BR, have you ever had an episode that you were looking forward to less?!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-09, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Agree"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-09 AT 07:47 PM (EST)

Other than getting to better know some of the invisible Galu, perhaps, tonight's game seems to have been called off on account of darkness.

Edited to add: Great job, kircon!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •