The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-16-09, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 5"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-09 AT 10:01 AM (EST)

Thanks to James Barber at Survivor Sucks:

Tribal Council Voting
Find out what each member of Foa Foa had to say as they cast their votes

Mick (Ashley): Please don't take this too personally. We're down to 6 people, we had to choose somebody. I think this is the consensus. Around camp, if you had a little more motivation, sort of self-motivated. I think the agreement at this point is you may be one of the weaker links physically. That's what this is based on, and nothing else. This is tough. Sorry to see you go. We'll talk soon.

Natalie (Ashley): Ashley, I'm voting for you because this is what my core alliance vote with. This is the hardest vote I think I'll make in the entire game. I'm sorry. Love you girl. You're awesome.

Jaison (Ashley): <says nothing>

Liz ("Ashlie"): Sorry, but everyone wants to put you out of your misery.

Russell (Ashley): You're lazy, you can't think for yourself, you can't do for yourself, and that's why you gotta go home. It's because of me you're going home. I'm out here playing for one million dollars. Never trust me.

Ashley (Liz): I trust you the least out of everyone.

Secret Scene: Ashley

Ashley tries to prove her worth to her tribemates, who see her as 'the typical dumb blonde'

(Day 13)

Ashley (to Shambo): We were just talking about what if we don't win. I was like, "Is my head on the chopping block?" and Russell's like, "Well, obviously it has to be one of you girls." That upset me a little bit.

Shambo: What are you talking about? Have you always been so weak, in your mind? (taps at Ashley's temple) Change your attitude. Come in over the top. Push people around. Take what you want. Not in Survivor but in life.

Ashley: Oh yeah.

Ashley (solo): I think people's first impression of me is that, "She's a typical dumb blonde." Through this experience I've learned how strong I actually am. I have this sense of independence now. (shot of her helping Liz fill a canteen, as Mick looks impressed) I can trust myself to take care of myself. I didn't have that before. (Ashley uses the machete to slice a piece of fruit which is being held by a nervous Russell) I think that I've grown up a lot. I've learned so much about myself. I'm a completely different person, and I feel like I'm a better person because of it. My parents are gonna see the difference right away when I see them. It's gonna be awesome to show people how strong I actually am.

Ashley's Final Words

Ashley reacts to having just been voted out of the game

"That was the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life, but it was the best experience. I've made lifelong friends. I'm very excited about that. I don't know, this was the best experience of my entire life, and I'll never forget it."

(cut)

"I wish my tribe would beat Galu and take some wins, and hopefully one of them can win a million dollars."

(cut)

"I've learned so much about myself. Honestly I'm such a high-maintenance girl at home, I never thought I'd go through the things I've gone through here. The last couple of days have been the hardest days I've ever experienced in my entire life. I'm so proud of myself."

Ashley the Day After

Ashley reflects on her time in the game and what she got out of it

"My strategy was to make a really strong alliance, and it didn't work."

(cut)

"I definitely appreciate everything. Even the small stuff like brushing your teeth. It's so weird. It's a very weird feeling when you leave the game, because you're deprived of everything. You have nothing out there except for the clothes on your back. It's the little stupid stuff you're gonna appreciate when you leave the game."

(cut)

"On our island it was the best experience but it was so difficult. I left at a point in the game where we had rain for 4 days straight. I've never experienced something like that. We didn't know when it was going to stop. We were all freezing. Even on the days when it wasn't raining it was hard. You've living off of hardly any food, hardly any water. You go back to what people had to go through before any of this. It was very surreal but it was a great experience."

(cut)

"My worst moment by far was the last day I was in the game. It was very hard on me. I had a feeling. I couldn't scramble because we were stuck in the shelter. I couldn't do anything to save myself, and that sucks. I couldn't change anyone's mind as we're all sitting there, and that was definitely the hardest day for me, and worst day for me."

(cut)

"I came out here 22, and I definitely say I'm now around the 25 mentality. Somewhere around there. I don't know how you feel at 25, but I definitely feel like I've grown up a lot."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... SquidProQuo 10-16-09 1
 RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... michel 10-21-09 2
   RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... SquidProQuo 10-21-09 3
       RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... michel 10-22-09 4
           RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... CTgirl 10-22-09 5
               RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... michel 10-22-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-16-09, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 5"
>"I wish my tribe would beat
>Galu and take some wins,
>and hopefully one of them
>can win a million dollars."

Usually this would be a throw-away comment, but it sure would be interesting if it turns out to be foreshadowing of a FaoFao comeback against the odds.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-21-09, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 5"
Thanks squid for that. There are other clips that James Barber transcribed. After writing in the eidting thread that John doesn't get a chance to tell us about his game plan, this one made me laugh:

Galu's Pecking Order

John assesses the power dynamics of his tribe after coming off of their first vote

"Last night's vote could be a major indicator of the power dynamics within this tribe. I think that based on Yasmin's quick departure, she was the first one to go from Galu, that it seems like the young guys have a majority of the votes going the way they want right now. That's not to say that isn't gonna change, there's some young people out here, they're gonna need to go pretty quickly. It's not gonna be a blowout. I think people like Kelly, and I think some other people like her are very keen on keeping the majority, and that makes them less likely to pull the trigger on some of the under-30s around here. Maybe the correct move yesterday was to axe Monica. I'm less averse to risk than some people like Kelly, maybe. I'm more into, especially at this level of the game, this stage of the game, keeping the team dynamic. If Russell is making team decisions, if he thinks she's the weakest link, I'm not gonna hesitate to get behind that, because I think she is weak. I think there's more than one weak person though, is the fact. What do you do with that, and what should the order be? The order should be what you can accomplish as subtly as possible out here, and that's the strategy I'm going to continue to stick to, at least during this phase of the game." /

What are you saying John? I guess we know why he doesn't get confessionals!!

10-21-09, 10:15 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 5"
Yes, he doesn't come across well, especially in writing. But I did watch all the clips and the takeaway for me was: a) John is a lot smarter/more strategic than people are giving him credit for, especially vs. his initial pretty but dumb boy edit; and b) Dave and John are both playing along that they are part of the yoga/young people alliance, but they could easily pull some moves (like flipping?) to outsmart the yoga crowd. I think they appeased their alliance for now by keeping Monica...but I definitely got the vibe that they're not going to allow the girls to keep calling the shots.

Did you notice the clip where RussSwell confides in Dave about how he didn't realize how much Survivor is a social game??!!! That one floored me....don't these people do their homework before coming on the show?

10-22-09, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 5"
I'll try to watch them but many of the CBS videos are not available in Canada. That's why I appreciate the transcripts.

About the Russell/Dave exchange, Dave reminded of Chris in that clip. Telling Russell to take care of the physical stuff and he'd take care of the strategy was just like Chris talking to Sarge.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-09, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 5"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-09 AT 08:31 AM (EST)

CBS has put all the insider videos on Youtube (without the ads! )

It's hard to get them to come up on a search so you have to be pretty specific. For instance, the video squid was referring to is 'Survivor Samoa - Russell gets a pep talk.' (Without Survivor Samoa or with Swan in there, it doesn't come up in the search.) Once you've found it, all the other videos are in the sidebar.

ETA: that video is priceless. RusSwell is clueless.

10-22-09, 05:46 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 5"
Thank you!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •