The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-16-09, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
With thanks to SurvivorFever.

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor, the storms continue to batter both tribes.

Kelly: The elements out here, it's gonna break you down.

Jaison: *crying*

Jeff Probst: And another castaway goes down.

Jeff <at Immunity Challenge>: Hold up, hold up, hold up! Everybody hold up, medical! Hold where you are.

-----------

I'm thinking it's a seizure. There's an element of "terror" in the faces of the onlookers for this to be a mere passing-out. It looks like MickDreamy is doing something on the ground (you can see his shirt) with Natalie looking on, and then medical descends on the scene.

Does anyone have any ultra-zooming software so we can peek at the reflection in the doc's sunglasses?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... SquidProQuo 10-16-09 1
   RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... vince3 10-16-09 2
 RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... PepeLePew13 10-16-09 3
   RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... frisky 10-16-09 10
       RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... PepeLePew13 10-16-09 22
       RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... VolcanicGlass 10-17-09 41
 RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... Flowerpower 10-16-09 4
   RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... frisky 10-16-09 5
       Jeff's quote on the med-evac from t... SquidProQuo 10-16-09 6
           RE: Jeff's quote on the med-evac fr... emydi 10-16-09 14
   RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... Snidget 10-16-09 11
       RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... frisky 10-16-09 16
           RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... Snidget 10-16-09 19
               RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... Flowerpower 10-16-09 23
                   RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... CTgirl 10-16-09 24
                       RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... PepeLePew13 10-16-09 25
                           RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... emydi 10-16-09 27
                           RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... Flowerpower 10-17-09 39
               RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... jbug 10-16-09 31
 RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... frisky 10-16-09 7
   RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... vince3 10-16-09 8
       RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... SquidProQuo 10-16-09 9
           RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... SquidProQuo 10-16-09 12
               RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... frisky 10-16-09 15
           RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... frisky 10-16-09 13
               RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... SquidProQuo 10-16-09 17
               RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... emydi 10-16-09 18
                   RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... Estee 10-16-09 20
                   RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" v... frisky 10-16-09 21
 Russell hits his head CTgirl 10-16-09 26
   RE: Russell hits his head Brownroach 10-16-09 28
   RE: Russell hits his head emydi 10-16-09 29
       RE: Russell hits his head CTgirl 10-16-09 30
           RE: Russell hits his head SquidProQuo 10-16-09 32
               RE: Russell hits his head Georjanna 10-16-09 33
               RE: Russell hits his head michel 10-16-09 34
               RE: Russell hits his head CTgirl 10-16-09 35
                   RE: Russell hits his head emydi 10-19-09 45
                       RE: Russell hits his head goldenmike4393 10-19-09 48
                           RE: Russell hits his head emydi 10-19-09 49
   RE: Russell hits his head Belle Book 10-16-09 36
   RE: Russell hits his head goldenmike4393 10-19-09 47
 Web Promo Vidcaps frisky 10-16-09 37
   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps frisky 10-17-09 38
       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 10-17-09 40
           RE: Web Promo Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 10-18-09 42
               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps ReefHopr 10-19-09 43
                   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps PepeLePew13 10-19-09 44
                       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps ReefHopr 10-20-09 54
               RE: Web Promo Vidcaps Brownroach 10-19-09 51
                   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps PepeLePew13 10-20-09 56
                   RE: Web Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 10-21-09 58
                       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 10-21-09 60
       RE: Web Promo Vidcaps goldenmike4393 10-20-09 57
 PRESS PHOTOS emydi 10-19-09 46
   RE: PRESS PHOTOS frisky 10-21-09 61
       RE: PRESS PHOTOS PepeLePew13 10-21-09 62
           RE: PRESS PHOTOS frisky 10-21-09 63
               RE: PRESS PHOTOS Brownroach 10-21-09 64
 Dehydration jbug 10-19-09 50
   RE: Dehydration Outfrontgirl 10-19-09 52
       RE: Dehydration emydi 10-19-09 53
           RE: Dehydration Outfrontgirl 10-20-09 55
 RE: Ep. 6 BEHIND THE SCENES goldenmike4393 10-21-09 59

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-16-09, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
Thanks Frisky for bringing these over so quickly! So it looks like they were already down to the end/puzzle phase of the challenge when the medical emergency happens.

Based on who we see on the sidelines, we can rule out Dave, Monica, Kelly, Erik, and John as the potential med-evac. That only leaves RussSwell, Brett, Laura and Shambo from Galu.

Given that all the medical attention seems to be focused on the purple/Galu side, it seems doubtful that the med-vac is anyone from FaoFao.

P.S. Who is the shirtless guy behind the woman doc in the last caps? Erik?

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-09, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
Has to be Erik. Erik's the only Galoot with a buzz cut.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-09, 06:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
>Does anyone have any ultra-zooming software
>so we can peek at the reflection in the doc's
>sunglasses?

The only thing that I could make out from the glasses is that it appears that Natalie is the one on the left side in the lens on the right.

Sorry I couldn't find more!

10-16-09, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
Thanks, Pepe!

Here's what I see:

As I was drawing so crudely on this picture, I noticed another figure looming in the foreground of all the other figures, as if he was just out of camera shot when the camera was on the doc.

I tawt I taw a Mark Burnett!

It *is* his trademark hat, isn't it?

Yeah, we can't tell much from these shots, but I guess if it's Mark, it's a big deal. I think the only time we've seen Mark on the scene was during the Skupin evacuation.

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

10-16-09, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-09 AT 01:14 PM (EST)

I'm impressed you got Mark Burnett from that figure with a white or very tan shirt ... I saw that as Natalie as she's very blonde, very light-skinned and wearing a yellow outfit that could blend as whitish from a reflection in the glasses.

Actually, now that I look at it again... I see a greenish blot besides what I call Natalie and you call MB -- Liz has a green tube top and her black hair would blend into the background, appearing invisible on a reflection.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-17-09, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
With a nod to Paratrooper... "Swirls!"

I see a shadowy figure rising in the center.
Who could that be? ;)

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-09, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
Yes, Frisky, it could indeed be a seizure...that certainly would be shocking and quite alarming to everyone there, and by the looks of things, the medical team descends quite rapidly. Eric hasn't even taken off his blindfold yet. I would love to see Mickdreamy jump into action. Really the only thing they can do is to protect his airway, and prevent further injury by the flailing...if it's a seizure. I'm sure they do not have anti-seizure meds at hand.

Would they let someone on Survivor with a history of any kind of seizure disorder? It certainly would qualify as a pre-existing condition, but doesn't necessarily have to have occured before.

10-16-09, 08:25 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
Seizure, I believe, is a byproduct of severe dehydration.

There was something about the hands of the castaways in episode five. I know that they would be suffering from exposure and this would be most evident in the extremeties, but there was a shriveling and stiffness about the hands that was alarming. OFG posted symptoms in another thread; I have a look.

Jeff said that the game and the elements took it's toll on two castaways who had to be evacuated. This makes me think that it's more to do with the elements than with a pre-existing medical condition.

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

10-16-09, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Jeff's quote on the med-evac from this week's blog"
From Jiffy's blog:

Next week’s episode features one of the scariest moments I’ve had in my entire run on Survivor. Check that – the scariest. I’m not trying to over hype. I’m just giving you a tease. I don’t want you to get your expectations so high that you’re let down, but I am going to be honest that for a few seconds during next week’s episode I was really worried we were in danger of losing a contestant… forever.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-09, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jeff's quote on the med-evac from this week's blog"
Ok, this may be the reason why there could be no "real" TC in Ep 6...maybe it was so scary they wanted to give them a break so EvilMarkBurnett said NO IC AND NO TC

They do a double boot later to work out the numbers.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-09, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
It isn't that uncommon with someone with no history of seizures to have one. I mean it doesn't happen every day, but it can happen, especially under conditions that are stressing the body.

A seizure, or passing out and not coming to right away, would both count as really scary and worrisome the person might not make it. Some people faint from vasovagal syncope (see me being all technical here) and I dunno how that rolling in the ball thing compares to a tilt test they do for that, but it could help push someone over the edge (and this is like what makes people drop in a faint when they stand with their knees locked too long and I could see that in that ball as well). The thing with that is people generally bounce back quickly once they are laying down and the blood gets back to the brain. If you go down and stay down that is generally a lot more scary and worrisome.

Haunted by Tribe!

10-16-09, 10:39 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
What about if the person wasn't in the ball, Snidge, but was blindfolded instead? Would they get spatially screwed up enough to have a seizure?

Would we be correct in assuming that the primary cause of a seizure could be dehydration, but the condition could be exacerbated by stuff like blindfolds, hampster balls, etc.?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-09, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
One time when my ex was out with the boy scouts one of the other leaders had a seizure for the first time on a camping trip (these things never seem to want to happen at home, at least Survivor has medics right there) and it wasn't extreme camping like they are doing on the show. So I think just the physical stress of being off schedule, off your feed, off your sleep, out in the weather can be enough by itself if you are near the edge for any reason.

Add in really cold, really wet, really dehydrated and you'd be that much closer to the edge. I would think the blindfolded thing may not help and in the ball would definitely be even more disorienting. A lot of little physical stresses that would be OK by themselves could definitely add up. Sometimes stuff like that adds up synergistically so you get a 1+1+1=12 kind of thing going on where one little thing causes everything to go blooey really fast (why combining sedatives with alcohol is so bad. 2 drinks + 2 pills doesn't equal 4 drinks or 4 pills but usually equal 8 drinks or 8 pills)

Went to look up the tilt test thing and found this

http://heartdisease.about.com/cs/generallinks/a/syncopeseizure.htm

8% had seizure-like activity when they lost consciousness during a tilt table study. so you can get what looks like a seizure with the vasovagal fainting thing. *learn something new every day!*

http://heartdisease.about.com/cs/syncope/a/tilttabltesting.htm has the tilt test. *learned more today, I've heard about it but never looked up how it was done*

I'd have to look at the set up of that ball thing, but I think being the one in the ball would be worse than the ones doing the pushing while blindfolded. Walking around tends to keep the blood coming back up better than other things. But if you were exhausted from pushing and locked your knees to stay standing during the next part of the challenge that could set it off too. In glee club they always did a bunch of talk to us about how to stand during the performances as they occasionally had someone drop from locking their knees.

Haunted by Tribe!

10-16-09, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
Mick's an aneshtesiologist so he is definately apt to react to the emergency and very qualified. He is quite handy for them to have around then. Regarding a vaso-vagal response, I do think that we have seen those before...Bobby Jon dropped with the long trek back, that was most likely a vasovagal, and also related to dehydration.

You know when folks are in those spinning rides, like they have at disney...they caution people that have a weaker cardiovascular system to not go, and even disclose that they have had a death that occured from folks not heeding their warning....it's on that space simulator ride that has spinning, which is what could have indeed happened here. I went on that ride as I am physically fit and exercise daily with lots of cardio, and that ride buried me. When the spinning occurs it's like the fluid in your intravascular space is forced out into your extravascular space leaving you severely hypovolemic...you feel dizzy, nauseated and generally go to ground. With the spinning of the ball, combined with a low blood pressure due to a low vascular volume from the dehydration...it's a sure thing. My bet is that RusSwell was the sighted one in the ball.

But, gosh, it's hard to imagine how it happened as we just saw them with fire and all that fresh water, and eating meat and vegetables. There definately could be some kind of pre-disposing, pre-existing condition. Snidget is correct though, there are things that can raise or lower your seizure threshold, severe dehydration being just one.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-09, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
I agree with you FP about the tilt-a-wheel but doesn't it seem off that they would choose Russell to go in the center? He's the largest one out there, and the oldest, you'd think they'd choose someone lighter and younger.

In the beginning Mick said he was going to hide the fact that he was a doctor. Did it come out during Mike's evac that he was one? I seem to remember someone in passing saying something to that affect. No hiding it for him this season!

10-16-09, 02:43 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
Actually, my thinking is that if RussWell is part of the team doing the pushing, the dehydration combined with being blindfolded could cause him to be really disoriented and make it worse for himself by exerting himself while pushing and running along with the ball.

10-16-09, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-09 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

never mind

10-17-09, 09:10 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
Actually, RusSwell is not in the ball, he clearly must have one of the corners of the maze at the time, as we see blindfolded Eric there next to him, and I think Brett and John can be seen as well in the blindfolded positions. So, that negates the dizzy one in the ball position...

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-09, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
occasionally had someone drop from locking their knees

been there done that; I was about 10

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

10-16-09, 09:57 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
I caught a glimpse of something purple between Eric's arms here, slightly hidden by SurvivorFever's watermark.

Granted, there's lots of purple on Galu, but it looks like RusSwell's shirt. I recapped a slightly better view, and superimposed Russ's pic so we can see a comparison:

A match?

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-09, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
Maybe, especially when you consider the mud on a couple of the other Survivors surrounding him.......

10-16-09, 10:13 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
Great catch Frisky. The purple spot seems to be "behind" where all the medical crew and Jeff are huddled...but I suppose they could have taken off his shirt and put it aside. I wonder if watching the video would help?

Interesting that Erik still has his blindfold on in this cap...seems to indicate this is an earlier shot...should help place the timing vs. some of the other shots.

10-16-09, 10:20 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
Over at Sucks, TDT is saying you can see Russell's knee below the medic's crotch in the shot sequence Frisky is referencing.

10-16-09, 10:34 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
LMAO! While I was watching, I was wishing that guy would move his butt so I could see what was behind it!

See, I was looking for a face there. It makes sense that it could be his knee. Again, it's pretty much impossible to pinpoint the orientation of "the body."

10-16-09, 10:30 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
When you watch the video, the scene goes so quickly that it's difficult to watch any detail in motion. I notice people rushing in different directions, which makes it really hard to figure out which way the person is oriented.

I had the same thought about Erik standing there with his blindfold on, but when you watch the video, again, it is so fast...it almost looks like Erik is frozen in place, like he got the "hold up!" call from Jeff but no further instruction. It might have taken ten or fifteen seconds for him to realize that the competition was essentially over before he removed his blindfold.

But then, what about my assumption (above) that Mick has sprung to action and is helping the fallen castaway with Natalie looking on? He was previously blindfolded. Perhaps when Jeff yelled "medical" he just sprung to action, as doctors do in these situations.

(On that topic, it was implied in another thread that Mick is not a "real" doctor because he's a resident/intern. This isn't true. Mick has completed medical school and has his MD degree. After med school, grads then go into training for the specialty they have chosen, in Mick's case, anaesthesiology. He has a license to practice medicine, and if he works in a teaching hospital he probably teaches medical students. He can use the prefix "Dr." with his name. Just thought I'd better point this out in case it is relevant to this episode.)

10-16-09, 10:44 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
Yes, it definitely makes sense for Mick to spring to action as a doctor...the only thing is that you can see the yellow ball/wheel in that shot of Mick's shirt....but it's nowhere to be seen in the other medical shots.

10-16-09, 10:49 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
I think Mick has a duty to help RusSwell imho, I'm sure that's second nature to drs...I hope. I think in Mike's case, there was no emergency and Survivor doc was already on scene. I'm sure there's a doc at the scene at RC so we'll see what Mick does and if he can back off when survivor doc comes to RusSwell's aid

Also Liz is the unblindfolded person in the ball so Mick would be blindfolded.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-09, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
And the first reaction from RussHell will be 'How dare he try to help someone other than me continue to exist!'

Wow. Echo.

10-16-09, 11:58 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Ep. 6, "This is the Man Test" vidcaps"
>I think Mick has a duty to help RusSwell

Yep, it's part of the Hippocratic Oath, which they have taken at some point during medical school. It used to be at graduation, but because clinical training has been extended in recent years, med students take the oath somewhere in the middle of their med school years before they start clinical training. This duty to help is also part of the ethical/legal training in some medical curricula. After all, it is pretty much expected that when the flight attendant says "is there a doctor on the plane?" that an MD will, without hesitation, stand.

(Anecdote: I was on a plane on the way back from a medical education conference and a passenger was in distress. The flight attendant asked the question, and over a third of the passengers stood up. It would have been funny had someone not been in distress. But the point is, every doc on that plane knew that there were many docs on the plane, yet each one still stood up when the request was made. So yes, there is no doubt that Mick would drop his blindfold when Jeff called for medical, if not just to assess the situation.)

10-16-09, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Russell hits his head"
New video just released on twitter:

http://tinyurl.com/yfzkejh

Russell is blindfolded and exhausted and then hits his head on the puzzle table and goes down. I gasped when I saw it.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-09, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Russell hits his head"
Wow. Looks like he really got knocked.OUT.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

10-16-09, 03:11 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Russell hits his head"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-09 AT 03:28 PM (EST)

never mind

GASP!!! i saw it He hits his head then up under his chin...all of the people sitting out are calling to him. John is holding on to him....

ALso...it looks like FoaF doesn't know what's happened yet...Mick is still at the quiz table when RusSwell is on the ground...it appears that the other drs get to him while Mick is still blindfolded.

Also, imho no other person will be voted out bc of the seriousness of this...I think EPMB gave them a break and reconfigured the game for a double boot later. Whether they show the "both team therapy TC" or not I'm not sure. I guess they can but TC is to vote out people imho. I know they had one for Skupin but it wasn't shown...I think they should just show more camp stuff before the RC and after, with focus on Galoot losing their leader.

10-16-09, 03:16 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Russell hits his head"
It came from CBS so I expect it will be posted on their website and youtube soon. My computer played it with windows media.

10-16-09, 05:20 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Russell hits his head"
Unbelievable -- it was like he was so tired that he was stumbling and just passed out and knocked his head. CBS is lucky to come out of this without a lawsuit. I'm suprised they're showing it already, but I guess they want to mentally prepare the audience?

Thanks CTGirl for bringing this over...I've been avoiding Twitter but maybe I need to start so I can get these special clips.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-16-09, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Russell hits his head"
It's on the CBS site now.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-09, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Russell hits his head"
Thanks for bringing this CTGirl. Hearing someone ask: "Russell, can you hear me?" is scary.

10-16-09, 06:30 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Russell hits his head"
Call me cynical, but I don't think they're trying to prepare the audience, just trying to get people to watch the show. Jeff's been talking about this since the season started.

Regarding Twitter. I use it as a newsfeed on my computer. I started during the Tour de France to follow the bikers and then I realized that it would be useful for Survivor and other things too.

10-19-09, 11:24 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Russell hits his head"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-09 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

You know what? maybe they shouldn't have made dehydrated starving people wander around blindfolded next to big wooden boards that could cause injury....and maybe Jiffy WHO WAS RIGHT NEXT TO HIM should have stepped in and pulled RusSwell
away from the dam wooden board.

I say RusSwell should sue, wonder what the waiver says, probably tries to protect EPMB even from his own negligence. Maybe they should pay him a few extra bucks for coming in 14th.

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-19-09, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Russell hits his head"
I know how Jiffy would answer you, something to the effect, that you signed up for it. If you want me to hand you $1 million, you going to go through some things.

Plus, CBS attorneys (all 10,000) make contestants sign a little agreement (hundred of pages long and both sides should have several firms reviewing it).

Anyway, this week is going to be tough to even watch!

10-19-09, 02:15 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Russell hits his head"
But they can't just do anything they want in the game...he said he was worried that RusSwell might not wake up. Why didn't he pull him back? I guess hindsight is 20/20 but this probably wasn't the best challenge to do after 4 straight days of rain.

I'm sure the release is pretty long and elaborate and this is a voluntary game, I just think it was bad judgment all the way around. and I think that after a certain time of no water, they should step in and provide it, even if they have to trade it for something like in S2

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-16-09, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Russell hits his head"
Yi-ikes! No wonder Jeff was so scared! I'd probably be scared too that RusSwell got a concussion and want him removed from the game right away for his own safety!

10-19-09, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Russell hits his head"
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-09 AT 05:52 PM (EST)

Catch of the Day! Woooo!

Do you think RussSWELL suffered more hits than shown in the promos?

The medical teams is "acting as if" there is a spinal or head injury...

10-16-09, 11:54 PM (EST)
37. "Web Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-09 AT 00:01 AM (EST)

Well, at least they saved us a few days of getting totally off track with the other caps. LOL

With thanks, again, to SurvivorFever:

ETA: transcript

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: This has been the toughest I've seen any group go through.

Natalie <in confessional>: We're starving to death. I think we're all wasting away.

Erik: I spent 22 hours in the bottom of a tree trunk.

Russell H. <in confessional>: This is really no big deal, in fact it just makes me stronger.

Jeff Probst <calling RC>: Russell is exhausted.

<Russell goes down during challenge>

Jeff: In 19 seasons it was the scariest moment I've ever had on this show.

Medic: Russell can you hear me?

-------------------

This had to be pretty scary for those who had to remain blindfolded.

10-17-09, 00:43 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-09 AT 00:47 AM (EST)

This looks like a really serious injury.

First, the head injury from the initial contact. Russell is passing out and it looks like the puzzle has upward momentum, compounding the impact to what looks like his jaw:

But then there is this series of caps:

His head goes up and the puzzle board goes under his chin, and then the corner is right in his throat. You see hockey injuries like this a lot, where the neck is injured at the front and the trachea are injured.

THEN, there's more, his head is snapped back by the upward momentum of the puzzle board and the downward momentum of his body. It's good, I suppose, that he is probably unconscious at this moment and didn't have any joints or muscles braced.

With the potential for neck injury, I was surprised to see his head propped up as he's laying down. ??? What's with that? Maybe they weren't concerned about neck injury because he was so limp when his head went back? And when you pass out, aren't you supposed to have your head level with your body to increase blood flow to the brain? Why have they propped him?

10-17-09, 09:32 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
We can speculate all we want about the severity of this accident/fall, but to me, the fall doesn't look that grave. He is clearly not getting enough bloodflow to his brain and thus staggering and falling....you are right though, the first thing they should do is immobilize his neck if there is ANY question regarding a neck injury. Even if they don't suspect, when someone faints, you need to put their head down, and their feet UP.

The head injury is secondary to the circulation problem, so you should treat this as any medical emergency with the ABC's...airway, breathing, then circulation, once circulation(HR, pulse, blood pressure) are stabilized, move on to the other injuries. If he does have compromised breathing, if he had a seizure his jaw could be clamped down, and his airway may be obstructed, but from these pictures, that doesn't appear to be the case.

Boy, he never gave up, right to the point of total collapse.

Doesn't look like MickDreamy got involved at all.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-09, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-09 AT 09:39 PM (EST)

Excellent points .. seems McDreamy was blindfolded and in challenge mode, and Medical was all over it so he was not needed to blow his cover.

That collision with the table makes me go ouch but I think FP must be right (I defer to her far superior knowledge to mine regarding anything medical), and his big problem is the condition that caused him to collapse - known factors being dehydration, heat, exertion, and the blindfolded ambulation - plus whatever pre-existing tendencies he may have had.

Russell is the second oldest player left out there too, probably less able to push it to the limit without consequences.

Now for something completely different, my big question is, why are the Galu men performing this peeing in a circle ritual? I know their feet are cold, but man, that wouldn't be my choice of a way to warm the toes.

And is that Shambo's hidey-hole they're standing in front of?

Could it be a clever way to lure that chicken, as Shambo seems to think that nothing says home to a chicken like ...

ReefHopr 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-19-09, 03:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ReefHopr Click to send private message to ReefHopr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
Not to make light of Russell getting k.o.'d but the next thing that caught my eye was the shot of Erik's non-blurred behind. I think the editing department was just as shook up?

10-19-09, 07:50 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
I've noticed they don't blur promos or vidcaps, but they do blur what you see on TV.

Case in point: Marisa's 'girls' were on full display in the promos before Episode 1, but were blurred out in the actual show when she was on all fours trying to navigate the wooden planks during the first challenge.

ReefHopr 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-20-09, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ReefHopr Click to send private message to ReefHopr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
>I've noticed they don't blur promos
>or vidcaps, but they do
>blur what you see on
>TV.

Ah ok. This is why I make a horrible spoiler!

10-19-09, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
why are the Galu men performing this peeing in a circle ritual?

Maybe that's the titular Man Test.

10-20-09, 06:14 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
Bingo. There's no way they would apply that title to what happened during the challenge with RussWell's incident as it was unfortunate, not a "test".

Heheheheh, BR said "titular".

10-21-09, 07:28 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
They must be doing the Man Test to decide who will be the new alpha dog....and get to wear the necklace...

10-21-09, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"
LMAO ...
A variation on the typical distance competition, due to lack of water in their systems.

Good point that they are now sans chief. Will they elect a new boss man or woman?

10-20-09, 02:58 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Web Promo Vidcaps"

I suspect the concern related to possible TBI, traumatic brain injury coupled with the fact that RusSWELL makes his living with his brain as an attorney.

Very serious stuff!

10-19-09, 12:41 PM (EST)
46. "PRESS PHOTOS"
From VG at Phoenix...All of Galoot in camp...nothing of real value...

10-21-09, 05:08 PM (EST)
61. "RE: PRESS PHOTOS"
Interesting. No Russ pics, it's sunny and they're ringing out their stuff. The day after? Notice Laura is looking at something in the sky (shielding her eyes).

10-21-09, 05:22 PM (EST)
62. "RE: PRESS PHOTOS"
... as if Jiffy might be flying in via helicopter to discuss with the tribe what they should do now that they're leaderless and/or to announce a change/twist in the game (i.e. go to tribal council for a therapy session?).

10-21-09, 05:33 PM (EST)
63. "RE: PRESS PHOTOS"
Found three more press images on Phoenix:

Notice challenge is still "frozen" in this pic:

Challenge definitely stopped now. And it looks like hat guy reflected in sunglasses is the Jeffinator, not Mark.

Another:

I really wish we could see the II in one of these pics. I'm still not convinced this is a combined challenge, especially when the EW article specified that the hampster ball challenge was an RC.

10-21-09, 06:20 PM (EST)
64. "RE: PRESS PHOTOS"
I remain unconvinced as well. I think it's just an RC. This doesn't strike me as the type of challenge they would use for an IC.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-09, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "Dehydration"
With all the rain, I don't understand why they are dehydrated.
I understand that they can't build a fire to boil water.
Can they not just catch rain water & drink it?
I think I could stand out in the rain under a leaf with my mouth open wide if I was thirsty enough.

10-19-09, 04:32 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Dehydration"
See the weather topic, jbug -

If you could get four liters a day rolling off a leaf, you would be good. That's minimum what they need for staying properly hydrated in that climate and doing those challenges,

10-19-09, 04:36 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Dehydration"
right, I think that they should provide water when it gets that bad and they can't make fire...food is one thing, you need water...

10-20-09, 03:19 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Dehydration"
I agree 100% emy.
We don't watch this show to see if people are going to die or almost die. That would be sick.
* I started a rant, but it doesn't belong in this topic.*

10-21-09, 04:25 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Ep. 6 BEHIND THE SCENES"
Behind the Scenes -

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/index.php

has four (4) great minutes on how the helicopter works.

Click on "Helicopter Shooting with the Cineflex Camera" to see!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •