The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR Patterns"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-23-04, 04:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR Patterns"
So in every episode...

there is
a Detour, where one person must complete a mission
a Roadblock, where the team gets to choose between two choices.

Ep. 3 Chocolate and Smooth Sailing/RoughRiding
Ep. 2 Cows + Perro/Tango
Ep. 1 Roulette/Ropes, no roadblock (but ep.1 is always weird)

On the website these are called 'Route Markers'.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race5/show/episode03/route_markers.shtml
I find it interesting that they say 'no one FOUND the yield on this leg of the race', meaning that those yields were out there, just a little out of the way and our brilliant racers didn't spot them.

Alright, but how this is relevant; everything else the racers do is mostly travel or easy clues, like going to the mayor's office or popping balloons at a disco.

SO - We can figure out what the challenges are for next week! It's like IC/RC on Survivor!

It seems that we have some clues as to next weeks challenges. We have the caviar eating, which we see only being done by one team member, so that is the Roadblock.
We have shots of Charla+Mirna doing a hockey challenge. Since they are all geared up, this has to be part of one of the big challenges of the week. So this is most probably half of the detour. (I posted elsewhere that the exposition of Charla and Mirna at the hockey rink lead me to believe they got there early, they don't do exposition of later teams)

So, any clues as to the other half of the detour?

MM

(I'm sorry if this is old news to some veterans, I'm new at spoiling this show... but I think that we could use some systems to help clear things up)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 TAR5.4 Online Previews Neobie 07-23-04 1
   RE: TAR5.4 Online Previews clemsonbeav 07-23-04 2
       RE: TAR5.4 Online Previews Gingerman28 07-23-04 3
           RE: TAR5.4 Online Previews clemsonbeav 07-23-04 6
   RE: TAR5.4 Online Previews VA Slim 07-23-04 4
       RE: TAR5.4 Online Previews Cleveland Guy 07-23-04 5
           RE: TAR5.4 Online Previews cerebralmbar 07-23-04 7
 Locations Neobie 07-23-04 8
   RE: Locations choochoo 07-24-04 9
       RE: Locations silverfalcon 07-26-04 10
           RE: Locations Gingerman28 07-27-04 11
               RE: Locations TARJUNKIE999 07-27-04 12
                   RE: Locations katethegreat 07-27-04 13
                       RE: Locations Gingerman28 07-27-04 14
                           RE: Locations choochoo 07-27-04 16
                       RE: Locations choochoo 07-27-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-23-04, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "TAR5.4 Online Previews"
Here's what I caught from the preview.

The Amazing Yellow Line hops from Buenos Aires to Paris to Saint Petersburg.
Charla & Mirna run up white staircase.
One Twin or The Other runs up a mound in her swimsuit. Wasn't seen in the Pitstop Swim in Episode 3 though.
Russian Dancing?! The other half of the Detour I suppose.
"TUESDAY"
Old footage of Chip & Kim.
Plane. The logo is a yellow pac-man facing right, on a blue background.
The Other or One Twin running into an airport.
Snow-covered building with onion domes, like the one in Red Square. Will do research.
Sailor ringing bell. From the Opening Sequence, this is on the Aurora.
Charla & Mirna suiting up for ice hockey.
Caviar eaters are Lance, Chip, Christie and Nicole.

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-23-04, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR5.4 Online Previews"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-04 AT 10:13 AM (EST)

I tried to find the airline you're searching for. I went to this site which has pretty much every airline's logo. The closest thing I could find was this:

ETA: If you want a picture of the plane, go here, as the pic is pretty big (but of bad quality).

But I'm having doubts as to whether this is the correct airline, as google keeps telling me it is a Swedish holiday charter airline.

Blog
President of the GAWKUR Alliance

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-23-04, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR5.4 Online Previews"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-04 AT 02:08 PM (EST)

The symbol on the tail is a bird in flight on a blue background. Its really pretty simple. LUFTHANSA is spelled out along the side of the plane. And the tail symbol is also LUFTHANSA.

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-23-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR5.4 Online Previews"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-04 AT 04:08 PM (EST)

Like this? The site said that this was used back in the 1950's, but I'm sure they'd still be around.

Sorry, I saw no vidcaps. Just goin' on what Neobie said.

ETA: It seems like the pic isn't working. Oh well. I get my drift. If you want to get productive, you can find the logo on the site I posted earlier.

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-23-04, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR5.4 Online Previews"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-04 AT 02:20 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-23-04 AT 02:19 PM (EST)

Edited for typo

Charla/Mirna are the only ones seen suiting up for hockey but, as you have pointed out - persons from 4 teams have been seen eating Caviar. I think that the hockey gig is the challenge to claim the Fast Forward. Only 2 are supposed to be available this race and we haven't seen one yet. Seems to me that it would be a good time to insert one for this leg after the long flight from BA to St. Petersburg.

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-23-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR5.4 Online Previews"
and Midget/Gidget might play Hockey for any of the following reasons

1. So Midget could prove to the world she can do it
2. Gidget thinks it would be "more fun"
3. Cause the other teams refused to help them
4. Cause there was no Blackjack available
5. Gidget thought maybe Phil would be there - and she was looking good.

Please feel free to add your own!

cerebralmbar 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-23-04, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cerebralmbar Click to send private message to cerebralmbar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR5.4 Online Previews"
if it was lufthansa on the plane, then im guessing it flew through frankfurt because that was the only German place i could find being a layover when i checked from Buenos Aires to St. Petersburg on travelocity.

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-23-04, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Locations"
I'll soon be back with more after my trip to the library, but so far we have...

Bus to Buenos Aires From the vidcaps. Thanks Choo Choo!
Buenos Aires Airport (Ezezia) Seriously, where else can they go to get to Russia?
The Aurora The boat that helped secure Bolshevik victory. Seen in the Opening Sequence.
Nevskiy Prospekt The main street of St. Petersburg, where Lance/Marshall seem to be lost. Thanks RealityBlues!
The Resurrection Church Famous landmark in St. Petersburg, built on the sight of Alexander II's assasination. Very close to the Nevskiy Prospekt. From the preview.
Ice Palace Where the professional SKA ice hockey team plays. Charla/Mirna were seen here. Thanks TARJunkie999!
Catherine Palace The Pitstop for this leg of the race, in Pushkin, just outside of St. Petersburg. Seen in the Opening Sequence.

We also have...

Russian Dancing It looks like Colin/Christie in the vidcaps.
Caviar-Eating Roadblock. Chip and Marshall seem to be in a rush. Last two teams perhaps?

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-04, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Locations"
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-04 AT 01:02 AM (EST)

For those of you who are playing at home, here's a nice little touristy map of St. Petersburg showing the central part of town and most of Neobie's spoiler locations. Enjoy.

silverfalcon 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-26-04, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silverfalcon Click to send private message to silverfalcon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Locations"
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I have noticed a lack of Fast Forwards so far; maybe it's just me.

07-27-04, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Locations"
You may have missed it, but they announced in the first program that there would only be TWO fast forwards during the entire 13 ep race! And that there would be only four non-elimination legs. This is going against everything that we had in previous races. Also that team arriving LAST in a non-elimination leg must give Phil ALL the money they have been accumulating during the race. So the later the non-elim leg is the more money the team will lose which will make it difficult to continue.

To summarize tonight's leg to St. Petersburg and then on to Pushkin (actually named Tsarskoe Selo) for the pit stop in front of the Cameron Gallery which is part of Catherine's Gardens in front of Catherine's Palace:

Four teams have been seen eating CaviarRoadblock since only one member of team is eating): Christie, Nichole, Chip and Lance.

One team is seen doing the sabre dance and drinking vodka off of the sword: Colin and Christie

One teams is seen suiting up and then facing the on-coming puck at the ice hockey rink: Charla and Mirna (Mirna actually kick-saves the puck.

A lot of screen time has been given to Chip and Kim.

But we have just seen one shot of the twins running through the Buenos Aires airport.

Missing entirely are shots of Bob and Joyce and Linda and Karen. Did they both miss the plane in BA and are stranded somewhere between here and there?

SO - if there is a FF tonight it is either the Sabre/Vodka bit, or the hockey bit. But it may make more sense if these two are the Detours: Drinks or Rinks>

And I guess that this will be a non-elimination leg since we have to spread out the next three eliminations so that we end up with five teams going into New Zealand on leg 10

TARJUNKIE999 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-27-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARJUNKIE999 Click to send private message to TARJUNKIE999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Locations"
Update: Latest CBS TAR promos also shows Charla at table eating caviar. That makes 5 teams seen at roadblock.

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-27-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Locations"
I thought I saw a twin eating something - she was chewing hard on the right side of her face?? But it didn't look like caviar, more like something hard (crackers?) or chewy (meat?). Haven't seen that figured out in the above discussion.

07-27-04, 04:31 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Locations"
Right there was an early shot of what looks like a twin in a blue wool cap (obviously not in Argentina) and she is chewing something. Maybe you can mix crackers with caviar (and a little chopped egg on top) and vodka to wash it all down. So perhaps that makes six of the eight teams at the Roadblock. But still no Bob or Joyce and no Karen and Linda anywhere.

07-27-04, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Locations"

..."and vodka to wash it all down"...

He-he-he-he......what's the odds that one of the teams will open one of the vodka bottles chilling in the wine buckets upon finishing the roadblock. My bet is on the Pizza Boyz... LOL
(they don't look like the type to pass up on some premium booze)

Also, might make things interesting trying to find the pit stop with a buzz on. he-he-he.... You think JB added a lot of booze in the tasks (caviar task, sword dance, etc.) to make things interesting?

07-27-04, 04:33 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Locations"
Yep, saw that too. But in Russia, wouldn't they serve caviar with "blini" (tiny pancakes) and chopped onions? Maybe that's what twin is chewing.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •