The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Samoa Insider - Episode 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-02-09, 06:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Samoa Insider - Episode 3"
Thanks, once again, to James Barber for coming up with this transcript.

Tribal Council Voting

Find out what each member of Foa Foa had to say as they cast their votes at Tribal Council

Mick (Ben): You know what, you and I have grown closer over the past few days, but man, you are way too abrasive and and have way, way too many enemies in that other camp to be nothing but a liability on any kind of merge or swap. I'm sorry, man, but that's the consensus. Gotta go.

Ashley (Ben): I just think you really need to grow up. That's all I have to say to you.

Russell (Ben): I didn't want to have to do this, man, but I have no choice now. See you in Hollywood.

Liz (Ben): I'm sorry, you're just too inflammatory for the tribe.

Ben (Ashley): You knew it was coming.

Natalie (Ben): I am voting for Ben because this is what my alliance wants.

Jaison (Ben): <says nothing>

Secret Scene: Ben

Ben catches and kills a bird at his camp, hoping to prove his worthiness to the tribe

Ashley: I don't either.

Liz: I just want to make sure we make the right decision.

(Ben walks up to them, boasting of a bird he has in his hand; Ashley repeatedly says she doesn't want to see the bird die)

Ben (solo): Today I actually caught a bird. Looks look a small chicken or a small turkey. I think the girls would probably give up if I wasn't around. They're not gonna eat as well. As far as the camp goes, I'm the camp leader. Mick's the leader for challenges, he was elected. When it comes down to it, I'm the only one that knows what I'm doing in the woods. As soon as I'm gone, that just kills this tribe.

(after Ben has killed and prepared the bird)

Ben: I'm so happy with myself. You have no idea.

Mick: You should be, man. That's pretty impressive.

Ben: You want a feather pillow? (Ashley or Liz yell, "No!")

Mick (laughing): A down comforter?

Ashley (as Ben eats): Alright, let's let everyone else have some. (he continues to eat) You just devoured that whole leg.

(random shots of Jaison tossing and turning in the shelter)

Ben: Wow. That's my favorite thing I've eaten since I've been here.

Liz: Throw that far, far away! It's going to get maggots.

Jaison (solo): Ben caught a bird today, and that's why he should stay, I guess, is what he's thinking. At the end of the day, if we don't win immunity, we're all going home anyway. So thanks for your bird, Ben. I didn't really want to eat it. Nobody else ate it. He ate the entire thing himself. He didn't really let anybody else have any of it. What good are your bird-catching skills if none of us get to eat the bird?

Ashley: I'm really hungry.

Liz: Do you want coconut?

Ashley: Not really.

Ben: Protein will fill your belly better than fruit will.

(Ashley glares/looks impassive)

Ben's Final Words

Ben takes a bitter stance towards his tribemates after being unanimously voted out

"Well, I think it's pretty funny that I'm going home. I think everybody's going to starve, I don't think you guys will be able to get the fire started, which I think is funny. I think it's even funnier that it's raining, you guys are going to be wet, and you guys need to take a lesson and learn how to be assertive, directly come at people, because I think you're all kind of a bunch of sissies."

(cut)

"I don't have any regrets. I had a good time. I was the hardest working guy at camp. Everybody knew that. They'll miss me when I'm gone. It'll be one of those things. Hindsight's 20/20. I'm not worried about it. I'm glad I'm getting a nice, dry sleep tonight."

(cut)

"I think the tribe's a bunch of sissies. Everybody except Russell."

Ben the Day After

Ben reflects on his eight days in the game, and defends his abrasive attitude

"Yeah, I'm proud of myself. I think I was the hardest worker in camp, for the time I was there. I knew what I was doing outdoors. I never felt like I was struggling by any means. I did hurt my knee in the second challenge, I didn't ##### about it or let anybody know about it. I was proud of myself. I don't think I'm the little junior high girl who plays the social game like that. I think that was my downfall. As far as what I came out here, I had a good time."

(cut)

"The social aspect was harder because everybody here is so sensitive, they're not themselves. I was very brutally honest with everybody. People can't handle that. They don't want to hear about themselves. They don't want to hear the truth, because the truth hurts. I'm here to hurt you because I'm gonna tell you the truth. (laughs)"

(cut)

"My tribe was a bunch of sissies. I got along with Russell, Russell was cool. He was playing the game, he was playing the social thing. He was actually a hard worker. A lot of people were lazy. Jaison was lazy. Ashley was lazy. It got to the point where everybody was playing a junior high school like backstabbing game."

(cut)

"If I saw Jaison I probably wouldn't say much to him. He's lazy. He's not somebody I'd be friends with outside of Survivor. I wasn't friends with him here. I have no use for Jaison. He should go be a lawyer or do whatever he does. I don't think he'd be a very good one because his arguments don't hold any water."

(cut)

"I think I'm a little misinterpreted. I think the people out here are way too sensitive. They're not ready for somebody as raw as me. That's fine. I'm not worried. I really don't care what people think about me. That's the way I live my life and it works for me."

(cut)

"I think if I played the game again, I wouldn't bust my ##### like I did the first time. That basically set everybody else up. I would definitely relax while I'm out there, take it easy, let everybody else do some work for once. I worked really hard, harder than anybody out there on my tribe, and I set them up to have a nice shelter that they got to stay in for a few more days."

(cut)

"I actually thought it was kind of funny when I got my torch snuffed. It made me laugh because I knew they were going to suffer without me. Their firemaking skills, their water. They took me for granted and it made me laugh on the inside, like ha ha, now you people get to see what it's like without me."

(cut)

"I think a lot of these people don't like themselves and don't know themselves. They're like, 'Oh, I learned so much about myself!,' and I'm like what, you learned you're a little whiny baby and you can't handle things? To me I never struggled out there at all. In the challenges, a few little mess-ups, but in the survival part of the game, absolutely not. That was my strong point. The social thing, I've got enough friends. (laughs)"

Yasmin Returns to Galu

In the dead of night, Yasmin rejoins her tribe and reveals Foa Foa's weaknesses

(Yasmin wanders back to the tribe as most of them are sleeping; she bumps into the place Erik is sleeping, and asks who it is)

Erik: We've been waiting for you all night. (reaches out to hold her hand)

Yasmin: Hey, Erik.

Erik: Wassup, girl? Gimme a hug. (he hugs her as she asks if everyone is asleep)

(Dave wanders over and says something I couldn't understand; Yasmin says she's glad to be back)

Dave: What about that little notey-note?

Yasmin: What about it?

Dave: That was an open-ended question.

Yasmin: It told me to find it basically in the sand. But so much sand, with that clue, there's no way on earth I could find it.

Yasmin (solo): I told them the private note spoke about the hidden immunity idol, and I told them it basically said it's in the sand. They were like, "Damn, anything can be in the sand, look how long the sand stretches." So I misled my tribe a little bit.

Yasmin: Oh my God, I'm glad to be back.

Dave: What happened?

Yasmin: Ben is crazy. Everyone is scared of him.

Dave: So Ben's really the one running the show?

Yasmin: Listen, this fool said I was ignorant, I was an idiot, I was dumb, and that I need to go back to the ghetto where I came from.

(Erik's mouth drops open)

Dave: What a drag.

Yasmin: This dude sucked, completely.

Erik (solo): We thought Ben might have been a little bit of a hothead and was kind of pulling the reigns, but apparently we didn't realize how much.

Erik: It's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Yasmin: I'm sure.

Erik (solo): Now, if Ben wasn't blindsided tonight, it's going to be completely dysfunctional, which is kind of right where we like them.

Yasmin: What I saw over there was a bunch of people living in fear. They don't have a strategy. It's like taking candy from a baby.

Dave: That is crazy, bro.

Erik Assesses Russell's Leadership

After Russell's decision to choose comfort over function after the immunity challenge, Erik becomes skeptical of his ability to lead Galu in the right direction

"The biggest problem that thwarts winning, victory, is complacency. We're winning, we're up 10-6. and when you get complacent, you forget the little things that got you to where you became a dominant force. We're winning, we're up 10-6, we're dominating the game, but we're not living well. We're hardly surviving. The amount of food and protein I put in my body is nothing. 8 days. We're going on 8 days. Not an ounce of fish. That's ridiculous. We've been fishing for 3 days and we still haven't been able to make it happen. How can we concentrate on fishing when we can't even keep our fire lit? Then when I go to light the fire I realize there's hardly any flint left. Now it's taking a ridiculous amount of time to make fire because we have no flint, which, if you're in control of the fire, and the water, you should know how much flint we have, because you're the leader. We don't have flint, which we could have got yesterday, we don't have protection against the rain, which could come any day, which we could have got yesterday, we don't have a breathing apparatus for our snorkel gear, which we could have gotten yesterday. We passed all those things up for what? So the girls can be happy, so he can win some brownie points? As if he doesn't try to get enough brownie points with his daily, hourly, half-hourly speeches that he gives to the entire tribe? There are a lot of things that need to be done that aren't being done. A lot of focus that has been drifting away."

Controlling Natalie

Russell takes a strong stance towards Natalie's decision against voting out Ashley

"I just talked to Natalie and she told me she's not putting Ashley's name down. I knew she wasn't putting Ashley's name down, I wasn't even going to go up to her all day today. But she told me I'm not putting Ashley's name down cause she knows I want Ashley down. You can't do that. You can't tell me what you're not gonna do if you want me to take you all the way. Once this is all over, once Ashley's gone, then I'm gonna sit her down and say the arguing's done, stop putting your heart into it, it's finished, you listen to me, I'll take you where yo uneed to go. You don't listen to me, you're going home. I can't help you if you're not helping me. So we'll see. It's gonna be interesting after this is all done. The little conversation I'm gonna have with here. I'm gonna shut her little blonde butt up real quick, and she's gonna be hanging onto my butt the whole time, staying right behind me, like she needs to be doing."

The Galu Day Spa

John lounges around on the tribe's hammock, pondering how long Galu's winning streak will last

"The Galu Day Spa idea is really coming together. We have a hot tub working, we clearly have a hammock working, which is infinitely more comfortable than the bamboo we're sleeping on. Got some pillows, got a massage parlor working. We got a yoga studio. We got some nice hibiscus tea to drink when we're all done. Life is good around here. At least for today. Can't wait for a massage."

(cut)

"We have everything but the last touch is fire, and then water and breakfast, but I'm pretty confident Dave and Brett will get that going. They seemed to have no problem the first time, so...taking them a touch longer today, but they took the responsibility, and they're in charge. I'm sure in 20 minutes we'll have fire. I'm not too worried about it."

(cut)

"We are on a roll. As far as losing. I couldn't quite fit that into my schedule this week. Hopefully there won't be room for it next week either. Yeah, everything's good. Everyone's really...I think we're a team comprised of a bunch of different competitors, and everyone knows what to do to get themselves ready for the competitions. Individually, everyone prepares, and then collectively, we come together as a team and it works out. The synergy's there. Everyone performs, everyone helps everybody else. We just keep rolling. It's nice, it's a great feeling to be able to step onto the field every time against your opponent and know you can beat 'em. When they step on the field against us, they're gonna be like, 'I don't know, can we beat 'em today? Maybe, maybe not.' Every single time we step on the field we know we can beat them. They've probably forgotten what it's like to beat us. The beauty of this game is it's the same team you're playing every time. You start to beat 'em a few times it just gets easier and easier and easier. There's no mixups about it. It's good. We're rolling. With that said, we continue to prepare for each and every challenge, because life is very pretty around here without going to Tribal Council, but one loss can change everything."

The Yoga Studio

Erik describes how on the surface, doing yoga on Survivor can seem like a waste of time, but in reality, it can be a beneficial bonding experience

"It's pretty cool to have your own yoga studio. Brett woke up this morning and said, 'Hey, wanna do some yoga?' Absolutely. It's good for the mind, it's good with the stretching (?). I guess Laura's a Pilates instructor and Kelly's into that stuff, so the four of us went out there and laid out the mats. We had a pretty good session. Laura started kicking it up a notch, and I was like, 'Whoa! This is supposed to be mellow yoga, not like Bikram or anything.' It was still fun to do that. Not just to do yoga, but to actually have a yoga studio. We have a yoga studio at our camp. (laughs)"

(cut)

"I think in Galu, because you have 10 people, you have to start finding things to do. Yoga, even though it may not seem like the most important thing compared to fishing or getting food, on the surface level, but with the types of minds and the collaborative effort we have psychologically here at the group, we realize something like yoga might actually be beneficial for us. And any time we get a chance to bond out here, I've been pushing for it. Even the chair I made the other day. I made a giant Lazy-Boy chair the other day, just so 4 people could always sit down on a chair together. It's the type of bonding that absolutely deters the type of dysfunction that's happening on Foa Foa. We need to keep Galu as happy as we can and the more bonded they are, the more loyal they become, and the more loyal they become, the more I can trust them once we get to a merge."

The Learning Curve

Russell of Galu finds an advantage in being able to focus more on the learning curves of surviving in the wild instead of on constantly having to vote a tribe member out

"We've been winning these challenges, and we haven't had to focus on who gets voted out. THat's huge, because we can dedicate a lot of time to dealing with these learning curve issues. You have learning curve issues with how to spear fish. You have learning curve issues with the whole ecosystem itself. The whole coral reef. For the first time, and we've been hear 7-8 days, for the first time we realized the coral does end and there's deep ocean out there. It's huge to be able to focus on your habitat. Humans are adaptable but you're only as adaptable if you understand the environment around you. It's been a huge advantage not having to strategize to figure out who's gonna be voted off next as opposed to getting up on the learning curve in terms of going out there, trying to find the fish, going after the fish, and actually catching them. That's huge. At the end of the day, there's always the inevitable time when we have to go and start doing exactly what Foa Foa's doing, but we won't be so back behind the learning curve, in terms of OK, we're back, somebody's gone, but let's go get some fish. As opposed to Foa Foa, yeah, they'd be feeling pretty good about themselves, but they're just beginning. I doubt they've even been out there yet, because let's face it, why go out there if you don't have any fishing gear?"

Sitting Out of the Challenge

Russell of Foa Foa regrets the decision to sit out of the immunity challenge after seeing how physical it was

"When we got to the challenge, the way we all thought of it was OK, you're gonna swim to this block, two people. The reason two people are gonna swim is one of these people is gonna do the blocking. These guys are probably better swimmers than me, maybe, I don't know for sure. We thought you had to swim out all the way, one of that two is gonna do the blocking, and the rest of 'em are gonna do the puzzle. If I'd known you got to tackle somebody in the middle of it and you've got a separate person and that's all they do...that's right up my alley! There's no way in hell they'd have got loose from me for 30 minutes. I don't care if 3 of 'em are down there. I would've been locked down on 'em so tight we would've had a block across and I still would've been holding on. I think it was a huge mistake for me. We still would've lost, because they're so dumb they can't figure out how to put the right colors together. We still would've lost, but at least it would have looked good for me. (laughs)"

Shambo Connects With Foa Foa

After joining the Foa Foa tribe for a brief time, Shambo finds that she is understood and appreciated by her opponents

"I'm both an observer and a little bit involved. It's funny here, these people are closer to my own age. They get me, I get them on a level. I feel like I'm really locked in with everybody, even Ben, because we have a lot of similarities as far as loving being out here and making fires and building shelters and blah blah blah. Everybody out here I feel like I have more in common with than the people on my tribe, who I have very little in common with, other than maybe music. These guys wanna know what needs to be done. They're inquiring. Hey Shambo, how do I? How do I? How do I? And that's great for me, because I like to be helpful. It's a win-win."

(cut)

"Galu is probably living high on the hog today, other than the fact that nobody there is maintaining the fire, since that's what I've done for the last 7 days. I collect all the firewood during the day, and Russ collects all the firewood in the afternoon and late at night. I think they're up a tree without a paddle a little bit, because I can't imagine somebody probably actually stepped up and kept to the regimen, the structured routine of being the 'fire one'. I think they're at a little bit of a loss having me gone today. But there's enough people there that have personal initiative. A few of them have none. They want to do Pilates and yoga and lay on the beach and look pretty on the rocks. It drives me crazy. As far as blankets, pillows, mats, I can't imagine they're not taking full advantage of that, and that they didn't get a great night's sleep last night. I'm looking forward to going back and grabbing one of those pillows."

Jaison Before Tribal Council

Jaison becomes fearful that his tribemates are leaning towards voting out Ashley over Ben, who, in his eyes, is a drain on the tribe

"Now I'm not even sure everybody wants to get rid of Ben, which I also don't understand, because the guy is nothing but a drain on the team. Mentally, physically, everything. The guy hasn't performed well in a single challenge. Not one has he helped us win anything. Or even get close to winning. If anything he's hurt us in a challenge. On top of that, the mental energy it takes to defend him at Tribal Council and the mental energy it takes to deal with him at camp is tremendous. I think I spend 75% of my energy trying to deflect or defend Ben, and it's just not worth it. It's not worth it not just for the team or the tribe or the strategy of Survivor, it's not worth it from a personal sense too. I don't agree with anything he has said, at all. Frankly if this wasn't Survivor and I wasn't trying to get votes and play this game, he and I would have had words a long time ago in the real world. Like real serious words. I don't know where anybody's head is anymore. If anybody can actually look at Ben and not see him as a drain on this team and actually see him as a positive for this team, I'm shocked. I frankly don't really want to be in an alliance with these people because they're clearly not seeing the world in a clear light."

Liz on the Previous Tribal Council

Liz comments on the last Tribal Council, where Ben laid out harsh remarks towards Yasmin

"Tribal Council was rough. For the most part we all figured Betsy was the next person to go. Logically we're only as strong as our weakest link, and considering how we lost the last challenge that was really physical, and we lost Mike through a medical condition, we really were put up against a wall. When it came down to it, it looked like it was between Ben and Betsy, and a 20 year old bartender against a 47 year old cop, it's no physical equivalent. Pretty much everyone understood rationally, as much as we liked Betsy, it made sense for her to go and save Ben for today's challenge."

(cut)

"Returning to camp after Tribal was somber. Going to Tribal Council is not fun, it's emotionally draining. Even if the group decides who's going, it's still draining. When we got back, there was very little chit-chat. Most of us went straight to bed. I think a lot of us had the best sleep possible within the environment, just because we were emotionally drained."

(cut)

"I thought Ben's comments about Yasmin were totally unnecessary. He's an instigator. That's what he is. Sometimes he takes it too far. There's a right way to play this game, and a not-so-right way, and I just don't like his approach. It's embarrassing, it's not appropriate, it's humiliating on some level. He is our tribemate. As much as we like him and feel compelled to defend him because he's one of our own. At the same time he's gotta learn to keep his mouth shut. I think we all in our own individual ways tried to impress that upon him during our Council meeting."

McDreamy

Mick reacts to having been nicknamed 'McDreamy' by his tribe's visitor, Shambo

"I mean it could be a hell of a lot worse. The nickname from Galu, McDreamy, could be a lot worse. I'll take that. It's flattering, but I don't take it too seriously. It's sweet."

(cut)

"On the other hand, it could have been something totally degrading, and where they're totally making fun. Which they are a little bit, there's a little bit of a jab there, but like I said, it could be a hell of a lot worse. To an extent I guess I'm somewhat flattered. It's nicer than what they could have come up with. I've been called much worse things."

(cut)

"There's some irony there. The guy, McDreamy, is apparently a character on a TV show. He's a physician on that show. I am in real life. I assume nobody knows, but it's a little weird. I kind of bite my lip, laugh a little bit on the inside. It's so funny because I have associations there. I try to play off like it's fake. 'I'd love to be a physician, I'd love to be a doctor.' 'Why don't you? You'd be good at it.' 'Ah, I'm too old, it would take too much time.' (laughs, looks embarrassed)"

Galu's Winning Streak

John is elated that his tribe is on a roll with immunity challenge wins, but is careful not to jinx his tribemates' lucky streak

"Galu is on a bit of a roll. It feels good. Everyone's in a good mood. We put ourselves in a position of being happy when presents come in the form of bathing suits. Morale is high. At the same time, we got here by only winning 2 challenges. They've won 1. It may seem like we're totally blowing them away at this point, but we've only won 1 more challenge than they have. That's something that makes me a bit nervous, because I'm still not totally sure of the level of competitors, the remainder of the makeup of our tribe. To win consistently is a lot harder than to wi na couple here, win a couple there. To consistently emerge victorious day after day, challenge after challenge, is very hard to do, and not a lot of people know how to do it. It does make me a little nervous, that if this keeps going and we're in such a good mood, we're gonna lose one of 'em. I don't know how to necessarily prepare all these people I just met 7 days ago to compete at a level we as a team need compete at . I can prepare myself, some of the other people I can help prepare, but I can't prepare everybody because I don't know what they need or what it takes for them. Hopefully we continue and hopefully everyone continues to prepare and hopefully we continue to have successes."

In the Lap of Luxury

Erik worries that his tribemates have the wrong idea when it comes to what is necessary to survive and win

(Laura and Kelly are resting on the beach)

Laura: It's so funny because we would rather have the luxury than the necessity.

Kelly: Well, okay, I feel like everything in the survival kit, minus the tarp, we don't really need.

(Erik goes spear fishing)

Erik (solo): I do not think the tribe is gonna lose soon, but I'm frustrated because we're not eating. People seem to be on vacation, or they have different agendas. I don't understand. If we don't get food in the next 24-48 hours, it's gonna get really ugly. I don't think there's a sense of urgency going through the rest of the members of this camp. It's like these people aren't gonna notice the train until it hits them in the face.

(Laura puts sand on Kelly's back and then washes it off; Kelly wonders what Foa Foa is doing)

Dave Prepares for Battle

In the moments prior to the immunity challenge, Dave is determined to win, and performs a series of stretching exercises

Dave (solo): Galu is going pretty well. We feel real good, we've got all our original people, morale is super high.

(Yasmin fixes Monica's hair)

Dave: Safe and comfy. Come on tarp, come on rain shelter. Wouldn't that be bitching if we didn't have to sleep in the rain?

(I think he does an impression of the Bill Murray character in Caddyshack)

Dave (solo): We're gonna whoop some ##### today. It's gonna be good fun. Foa Foa looks like they're in big trouble, man. They're down to 7 people, they have a little Napoleon running the joint. We're gonna be in the water today, swimming. I'm looking forward to it. I've been training for 3 months. I've been doing 4,000 yards a week. I'm ready to kick #####. I want to win.

(various shots of Dave doing stretches)

Dave (solo): Yeah! (pumps fist) Watch out for the skinny dudes. They're mean, baby, mean!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Ben's words. Estee 10-02-09 1
   RE: Ben's words. PepeLePew13 10-02-09 2
       "See you in Hollywood" SquidProQuo 10-02-09 3
       RE: Ben's words. vince3 10-02-09 4
           RE: Ben's words. SquidProQuo 10-02-09 5
               RE: Ben's words. vince3 10-02-09 6
               RE: Ben's words. Brownroach 10-02-09 8
                   RE: Ben's words. dabo 10-02-09 9
                       RE: Ben's words. Georjanna 10-02-09 11
                           RE: Ben's words. dabo 10-02-09 12
                               RE: Ben's words. Georjanna 10-02-09 13
                   RE: Ben's words. SquidProQuo 10-02-09 10
       RE: Ben's words. SquidProQuo 10-02-09 7
           RE: Ben's words. Georjanna 10-02-09 14
           RE: Ben's words. Outfrontgirl 10-03-09 15
 RE: Samoa Insider - Episode 3 Outfrontgirl 10-03-09 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-09, 06:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Ben's words."
Makes you wonder what was in those cuts, doesn't it?

*turns away*

Sounds like RusSwelledHead is going to be the right name -- and Dave knows the show well enough to spot a tarp coming at Challenge #3, plus he's pinned down RussHell as the real leader. Someone to watch.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-09, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ben's words."
Yeah, wish we saw more of Dave as all the action was over in Fooga Fooga.

I don't doubt there was a lot more left on the cutting room floor during Tribal Council as well. For Liz and Jaison to get so incensed at his behaviour and for RussHell to back off on keeping Ben during the vote, there had to be a lot more than what we were shown.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-02-09, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. ""See you in Hollywood""
Russell's "see you in Hollywood" remark as he voted for Ben says it all... I wish casting would focus more on interesting characters who want to play the game and win, vs. Bozos who are just there to be outrageous and try to make it in Hollywood.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-09, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ben's words."
I'm wondering if they got some kind of notice about Mike's medivac, becuase when Dave was talking about Fugga Fugga going into the challenge, he said that there were 7 members, not 8.......

10-02-09, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ben's words."
Vince, I would think that Yasmin told everyone at Galu about Mike when she came back to camp after TC. (i.e. at the end of ep. 2...Dave is talking about them being down to 7 before the challenge for ep. 3).

It's interesting that everyone at Galu thought that BEN (not RussHell, Jaison or Mick) was the leader "pulling the reigns" at FaoFao, and that they're going to be even more dysfunctional after he gets booted.

Of course, that's all based on what Yasmin told them after her visit to FF....Shambo will most likely have a different story to tell. This says to me that a) Yasmin obviously can't read situations correctly but also b) Russell is playing it smart and not making it as obvious that he's pulling all the strings.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-09, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ben's words."
True, I forgot about the target of Ben's tirades staying with them and seeing Mike off last episode. Maybe that's because other than the fact that she sat out that challenge, she really wasn't seen.........

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-09, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ben's words."
a) Yasmin obviously can't read situations correctly but also b) Russell is playing it smart and not making it as obvious that he's pulling all the strings.

But Yasmin observed TC, where RussMole was rather vocal (he also dissed Yasmin, among other things). And Dave observes that "they have a little Napoleon running the joint" -- RussMole. So Yasmin did get a sense of RussMole's influence.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-09, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ben's words."
Notably, though, Evil Russ took exception to how Yasmin, a visitor in someone else's home, treated the whole Foa Foa tribe. And she was somewhat bizarre and condescending during her visit. Evil Russ didn't go anywhere potentially racist or mysoginist, even if he has some of those attitudes he didn't go there. Crude Ben went for every cheap shot his peabrain could generate.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-02-09, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ben's words."
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-09 AT 02:32 PM (EST)

The first Confessional following Yasmin's off-the-wall announcement of her superiority to the assembled Foa-Foa Tribe was Jaison's. His assessment of the "lady's" inspirational message: "It's like, s-crew you."

In Russell H.'s Confessional, he accused Yasmin of being "full of c-rap" and declared his intention of treating her with "nothing but disrespect" from that time forward.

In the exchange between Yasmin and Ben, Yasmin began the conversation by accusing Ben of taking a "cheap shot". Ben subsequently called Yasmin "grammar school". Yasmin countered with "ignorant", followed by "big fool", "big sissy", and "big jerk". Ben retaliated with a reference to Yasmin's "bad grammar".

In Confessional (not in his conversation with Yasmin), Ben said that Yasmin had a "big mouth', smelled "bad", used "poor grammar" and was "very close to being a hooker".

In a later conversation with Russell H., (presumably overheard by other Foa-Foa members), Ben said that Yasmin was "ghetto trash" and that she "needed to go back there" and resume "eating catsup sandwiches and drinking Kool-Aid". It does not appear that he said those things either directly to Yasmin or within her hearing.

And it may be worth noting (for future reference) that, despite his solemn declaration (to various tribemates) that he would leave the Game before he would any longer share a camp with Ben, Jaison told the viewing audience and the show's producers (in Confessional) that he had absolutely no intention of honoring that vow.

ETA: Highlighted content.

G

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-09, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ben's words."
True, Jaison made it clear (in confessional) he was making a power ploy and he had no real intention of quitting the game. Still, he was fed up with Ben and decided to target him, it was vote Ben or vote Jaison, one way or the other he wasn't going to live with it anymore.

Not smart in Survivor game terms maybe, but he forced the issue, took a stand, it was grand.

10-02-09, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ben's words."
dabo,

I didn't 'see' it that way.

To me, it seemed that the 'choice' that Jaison framed was one between voting Ben out or losing him (Jaison) via a dramatic exit. And given that he was wagering Ashley's future in the Game and not his own - as Ashley astutely observed during Tribal Council, Ben vs Ashley was the voting question of the day - I thought that Jaison's grand stand was ... brilliant. It worked. Russell H. is no longer the only go-to guy at Foa-Foa.

However, had that not worked, I haven't the least doubt that Jaison's well-rehearsed acquiescence to his Tribe's (less Ashley) pleas that he remain with them would have been even grander. And just as effective. Who knows, in that case, even Ben (Russell H.'s most stalwart ally and Foa-Foa's least 'aware' member) may have recognized the shift of power for what it was.

G

10-02-09, 01:05 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ben's words."
Sorry, I missed Dave's little Napolean comment, but the thing that really stood out to me was Eric's solo comment that Ben was an even bigger influence/leader than they realized. My main point is that Galu might not realize just what a huge influence Russell is and might target Mick or Jaison as a leader first after the merge. (Of course if things get mixed up it's a moot point.)

From the little we've heard from Galu so far, it seems to me that Eric is one of the smartest on their tribe(looking ahead, worried about the food and fire situation, etc.) and is definitely playing the game (he even explains why he's doing the yoga, for the social aspect). So I put more stock in what he says. Also, the fact that Shambo chose him as the one to confide in for the hidden immunity idol says something.

Interesting too that both tribes are running out of flint. Definite foreshadowing for the big rains coming.

10-02-09, 11:45 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Ben's words."
I like the fact that Natalie finally showed some backbone and told Russell she wouldn't write down Ashley's name. His reaction is pure cocky Russell, but in reality he can't be feeling too overconfident at this point, with Ben gone and his dumb blond alliance (as he calls it) no longer in his back pocket.

It will be very interesting to see how Mick and Liz react next --i.e. will they side with Jaison or Russell next time. I recall Jeff saying that Mick can't be trusted, and that was definitely the vibe I got yesterday from Mick.

10-02-09, 03:44 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Ben's words."
Exactly! ...

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-09, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ben's words."
well, the tribe can avoid polarizing like that and just vote out Ashley if they go back to TC. Which I don't expect for now.

It's absolutely possible that FoaFoa never goes back to TC until post merge. It's been made clear that Galu won't handle adversity well, once the SPA days are over.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-09, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Samoa Insider - Episode 3"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-09 AT 06:33 PM (EST)

This was the comment that floored me. Maybe because I live on a Pacific island it seems extra dumb, but I'm fairly sure it's dumb even if you've never seen an ocean that wasn't on TV.

The Learning Curve

Russell of Galu finds an advantage in being able to focus more on the learning curves of surviving in the wild instead of on constantly having to vote a tribe member out

" ... we can dedicate a lot of time to dealing with these learning curve issues. You have learning curve issues with how to spear fish. You have learning curve issues with the whole ecosystem itself. The whole coral reef. For the first time, and we've been hear 7-8 days, for the first time we realized the coral does end and there's deep ocean out there.

Really, after a week, Galu has figured out there is deep ocean around them? What exactly does Russell think an island is? Does he not get that he's sitting on top of a submerged mountain in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, and yes there is deep water all around the island, thousands of feet deep most likely, with a little fringe of coral reef.

He thought the coral didn't end ... what, like it stretches all the way to Tahiti, or maybe Australia or Hawai'i? An extended snorkel away from Waikiki are they, how about Venice beach boardwalk?
<shakes head>

Yes, Russell, that learning curve thing just doesn't quit, does it? First you learn that fish don't hold still while you spear them. Then you learn there is deep water in the ocean. Next you will be tripping on how the curve taught you that rain water can get through the holes in your elevated raft ceiling. Who knew rain could do that?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •