The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

TARJUNKIE999 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-21-04, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TARJUNKIE999 Click to send private message to TARJUNKIE999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview vidcaps"

Not many clues in TAR5 preview vidcaps for Episode 4

#1 - Waiting for something?#2 - ...still waiting
#3 - ...smiling helps the wait...#4 - St. Petersburg
#5 - The Americans are coming!#6 - ...run away, run away!
#7 - ...are we lost?#8 - O.D. on caviar!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview... realityblues 07-21-04 1
   RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview... TARJUNKIE999 07-21-04 5
       RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview... Serendipity 07-21-04 9
           RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview... 1derfool 07-21-04 10
           RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview... TARJUNKIE999 07-22-04 11
 RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview... aquariaqueen 07-21-04 2
   RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview... Pensha26 07-21-04 4
       RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview... memacmur 07-21-04 7
           RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview... gatortod 07-21-04 8
 RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview... choochoo 07-21-04 3
   RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview... clemsonbeav 07-21-04 6
 RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview... wendyp 07-23-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realityblues 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-21-04, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityblues Click to send private message to realityblues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview vidcaps"
I was in St Petersburg in end January 04. Looks like they are along walking and asking for directions along Nevsky Prospect. (in Feb, temp is 0 to -5C)). Since they did not feature the famous Hermitage or Pushkin. And from the opening video clips, there is a shot of Pavlovsk Palace and park located 27 kilometers away from St Petersburg. This may be a roadblock or Detour destination.
There is an opening time for this grand palace from 10am to 6pm.
Pavlovsk can be reached by suburban train from Vitebsk Station or from Kupchino subway station. But it can be in Episode 4 or 5.

07-21-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TARJUNKIE999 Click to send private message to TARJUNKIE999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-04 AT 01:21 PM (EST)

Welcome to the board, realityblues. Always better to have insights from people who have actually traveled to the TAR locations. Am I mistaken, or is the Russian leg the first TAR episode to be run at night? Freezing cold, dark streets, "useless foreigners" who don't speak English (just kidding), makes for great TV.

Edited to add:
Here's some links to Nevskiy Prospect and Pushkin pitstop.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-21-04, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview vidcaps"
This may not be "at night". Think how far north you are and not all that far from the shortest day of the year. May be late afternoon or even early morning.

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-21-04, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview vidcaps"
There's barely 8 hours daylight in St Petes in early February so there definitely wasn't much choice but to do the race in the dark.
Sunrise and sunset in Saint-Peterburg

Also, could the player who's not sure she can continue be suffering from the cold? The caviar eating would make me want to quit, but I don't think it's that repulsive. However, anyone who's from the southern states and not used to any 'real' winter weather would feel the effects more than someone from the northern US. Getting lost, and possibly not having proper winter woolies might do it though.

07-22-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview vidcaps"

"This may not be "at night". Think how far north you are..."

Point taken. Looks like St.Pete at 59° N latitude gets slightly more daylight than Anchorage, AK in the winter. (he he he). How gloomy, but ideal for "getting lost" as reported in the previews. Good catch.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-21-04, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview vidcaps"
Did anyone else catch that they must have to do something with hockey? I think I was Charla in a goalie outfit in the net.

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-21-04, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview vidcaps"
I did catch that blip on the screen. Although it looked liked that Mirna was with her in the goal. Might be a roadblock.

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-21-04, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview vidcaps"
Perhaps a re-imagining of the soccer challenge from last year where they had to score a goal on a teenage soccer team?

Make a save and/or score a goal against a Russian hockey player?

And then there is the caviar challenge. Looks like they have to eat their way through that one...

Apologies if this has been posted already (just back from vacation, getting back to the boards)

MEmacmur

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-21-04, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gatortod Click to send private message to gatortod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview vidcaps"
The video preview on the CBS web site shows both Mirna and Schmirna (Charla) in the hockey goal. So hockey is not the Roadblock. I suspect that caviar is the Roadblock.

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-21-04, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview vidcaps"
Vidcaps #1-3 look like there is bunching while waiting for a bus from Bariloche back to Buenos Aires. The dialog suggests that there is limited seating (on each bus), ergo the fighting to be first in line.

Patagonia to BA means lots of backtracking, boring travel, then on to Russia to arrive sleep deprived. Cool, can't wait till next week.

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-21-04, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview vidcaps"
Yeah, it's definitely a bus back to BA. (Semi Cama, Cama, are all types of busses.) That's gonna be a loooong haul, probably more than 17 hours (as I've taken a bus from Santiago to about that far south). Bus rides SUCK! No a/c, screaming babies, crappy food...

Blog
President of the GAWKUR Alliance

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-23-04, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 4 preview vidcaps"
Something that struck me as strange ~ ususally we have the next boot featured in one of the preview shots for the next week....but last week Jim and marsha were not featured at all. Were they not good TV or is CBS changing their style a little?

This week show C/M, C/C, N/B and L/M ~ does this mean they are safe?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •