The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-09, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-09 AT 09:18 PM (EST)

Welcome to the SOTS, State of the Spoiling, where we try and one up EPMB and accurately predict the results of his show before it airs...sometimes we are right, and sometimes we are not. But, we will eternally try! Please check out our Community Guidelines. They keep Blows running smoothly and in the eternal words of Colleen Haskel, "Be nice and play fair"...!

Now, on with Survivor: Tocantins...

Last time on Survivor: Coach was seriously P.O.'d with Taj and Erinn for not playing the game half as honest and half as bold as him, he cares about his integrity, honesty, and changing this game from start to finish...he doesn't care about the million dollars...cue, death music here, as in DAY IS DONE!

Taj wins the big prize at the auction, and Eddie gets his 1 minute on Survivor...Deb schemes, and Coach is delusional, but it really doesn't matter as JT and Stephen can pick them off one by one...Deb is voted out and along with Coach, is the only one surprised by the vote. Boy is Coach going to be hurt and angry now, as the writing is clearly on the wall, as Deb was the only one to write his name down...the one person he trusted to have the same integrity as himself...

This week the title of the show is...

The Martyr Approach

Brownroach brings us the title of the show, here, where it does indeed seem obvious that it is a reference to the almighty Coach...Mr. Roach also brings us the misdirection clues as well in the same thread...let's take a crack at them...

ONLY FIVE CASTAWAYS REMAIN IN THE QUEST FOR THE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE AND TITLE OF SOLE SURVIVOR, ON "SURVIVOR TOCANTINS"

This is a no brainer...Stephen, JT, Taj, Erinn, and Coach...

1. In the aftermath of Tribal Council, a shocking betrayal is revealed, leaving one castaway reeling.

Well, clearly, this is all about Coach...the shocking betrayal that will leave him reeling is that Debbie is the only one that voted against him. JT reveals how he will capitalize on this outcome in the insider clip, noted by Brownroach, here.

"It's gonna be tough for Coach for him and Debbie to split ways, or Debbie to go home. Debbie has already thrown Coach under the bus. Debbie thinks Coach is going home tonight and she likes it. What's gonna really help is the only person that writes Coach down is gonna be Debbie. If Coach realizes that I'm gonna be his savior, not his betrayer. I'm gonna say, 'Yeah, them girls had you picked out, Coach, me and Stephen stepped in, turned it around on Debbie, got rid of the bad apple. You're still here with us, old buddy.'"

2. Meanwhile, another castaway takes a bizarre approach to Exile Island, which has a polarizing effect on the rest of the tribe.

This clue can be answered by noting the following vidcaps that came in the first preview promo...

Coach with his new-found dragon cane and exile sanddune is seen in the background...

And here is Coach meditating on top of exile sanddune...
>

So, to sum up the clues...they are all about Coach. Going to exile will polarize him from the rest of the group...surprise, surprise!

VIDCAPS

There is alot of nice discussion in our Vidcap Thread this week. Did Coach get injured before or after the exile, did he injure himself while getting down at the IC, did he fake the injury to save face, as an injury is a better reason to get targeted than your own shortcomings...so many questions!

The preview vidcaps went something like this...

Jeff Probst: Erinn loses ground with her new alliance.

Stephen <in confessional>: Erinn really can't control what she says.
Stephen: I just thought it was just like so tasteless.

Erinn <talking to Taj>: I'd hate for anything I said to make me go home before Coach.

Coach: DragonSlayer gets a dragon cane.

Coach: Hit me with your best shot Pat Benatar.

Jeff Probst: And Coach digs deep to stay in the game.
Coach <in endurance challenge>: Owwwwwwwwwwwww."

Then, later, we get press images and the full promo...

he's going to take the martyred approach...

That's a little harsh...

Kind of how I feel...

They talk way too much.

But, when the Dragon Slayer goes down...

is he faking an injury?

This guy is such a drama queen...

Any 37 year old man that thinks he's a Dragon Slayer belongs in a mental institution...

THE CHALLENGES

We have evidence of both challenges in the vidcaps this week. The first challenge is the "Blind to Reason" Reward Challenge that is labeled, as per the press images. While the contestants are not exactly blindfolded, we do see them with different colored head bands on...if you look at the following images, it looks as though JT is throwing off that board...do they have to disassemble the Survivor maize?

Here is the maize:

...and the Survivors going through it...

So, who wins? TDT seems to think that if it involves speed, then surely JT will win...but still not clear if it does. Regardless, I'd say since there is no math problem at the end of this challenge, that perhaps JT will win. We know it's not Coach as he is going to exile. However, some folks are indeed speculating just that, that perhaps Coach could win and exile himself...afterall, he hates to be around cowards, and he's a martyr...

The Immunity Challenge

Well, we have plenty of evidence that the IC is indeed the endurance challenge,

Here is the same challenge in Fiji, where Yau-man won...

But, then something goes terribly wrong...Drama, with a capital "D"...

Survivor Phoenix has a lovely labeled shot for us, that our own FRISKY was able to decipher, herself...she speculates here that clearly when Coach falls, Erinn - who already has been out so long that she's had time to put on her shoes, JT and Stephen - who both come rushing with their water bottles and take prominent positions on either side of Coach, all must be out of the challenge when he falls. Speculating that that leaves Taj to win the reward, and the only place that she can go is to the front of him, as all other positions are already occupied.

WOW, Frisky, you need to get in here more often...great job!

Here is the Survivor Phoenix labeled shot...

So, I am with Frisky at this point. I say that Taj wins the IC...

THE RESULTS

Reward Challenge winner: JT...clearly, it's a guess!???

Exile: Coach

Immunity Challenge: TAJ

Boot: Well, in the post exit interviews by Estee, Sierra tells us that Stephen and JT told her specifically that the next 2 boots would be Debbie and Coach. Last week was Debbie.

With the preview promo, we know that Erinn is coming into the radar and she is the other questionable boot candidate for the episode. In fact, others across the boards are betting on Erinn. But, here at Blows, michel notes that he thinks Erinn is poised to win it...and he predicted it as early as Episode 4, in the brilliant editing thread by Veruca Salt and friends.

So, who will the power alliance choose to serve up as the boot this week...at long last...

Farewell, Renaissance man and Samarai Warrier...at least you are one of a kind...

Thanks to Scarlett O'Hara for the photoshop pics...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... Scarlett O Hara 05-12-09 1
 RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... michel 05-12-09 2
   RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... Flowerpower 05-12-09 3
 RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... emydi 05-13-09 4
 RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... goldenmike4393 05-13-09 5
   RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... kingfish 05-13-09 6
       RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... jobgirl 05-13-09 7
           RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... kingfish 05-13-09 10
       RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... Brownroach 05-13-09 9
 RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... samboohoo 05-13-09 8
 RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... ajglitch 05-14-09 11
   RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... Flowerpower 05-14-09 12
   RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... EmeraldBrooch 05-14-09 13
       RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... PepeLePew13 05-14-09 14
           RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... EmeraldBrooch 05-16-09 17
 RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... whoami 05-14-09 15
 RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "t... Outfrontgirl 05-14-09 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-12-09, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
Great SOTS, FP and especially great Photochops! Ahem!

Too bad Coach has to go. He was the life of the party!

FISH by agman

Read me.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
Brilliant job, FP. You almost put the show on screen with your sequence of events.

This made me laugh:

Please tell me you threw away the key!

Thank you for the shout-out regarding the editing thread. It does put me under more pressure but I can handle it!

As far as the IC is concerned, I think along the same lines as TDT: Jeff stops the challenge to help Coach. Everyone comes down and once Coach is on the bench the challenge resumes. Frisky's scenario would be nice to see but I'm not sure.

your link to the editing thread goes to episode 3 instead of 4

05-12-09, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
Sorry, michel...but let's face it...you are amazing. I find myself almost rooting for Erinn, just because it would be incredible if you were able to detect it from so far back!

Not intended to put pressure on...you could be right about the IC, but I loved that Frisky had it all figured out, so I'm rooting for her! One thing is for certain...Erinn will not win, as she had her sneaks on!

Well, let's face it, you almost nailed it at Ep. 3!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-09, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
great SOTS

and congrats Frisky you got a shout out from TDT

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-13-09, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
Wonderful job!

Now, I can place my bets

Everyone (except one and there's always one) has Roach leaving town before dark.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-09, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
Either there's a BR related inside joke I don't get, or you really mean Coach?

Eitherway, fabulous job FP, you still gots chops.

Gut instincts tell me that Taj can't possibly win the endurance, but I agree that a good case has been made.

And Coach winning RC but committing himself to Exile? Again, Lex's gut rebels at the possibility. He is weird enough to do something like that, but....Nahh!. I wouldn't put a money bet on that.

Also, shout out to Scar for the Ye Olde Photoshoppe-ing.

jobgirl 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-13-09, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jobgirl Click to send private message to jobgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
Perhaps Taj's visit with Eddie gave her renewed energy and endurance to win this challenge

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-09, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
It's possible. I don't see it, but it is possible, and it would be kinda cool.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-09, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
I do plan on leaving Manhattan (which some NYers refer to as "town" or "the city") before dark to go home to Brooklyn. But I think it was a typo.

Brilliant SOTS, FloPo.

This episode should be a veritable laugh riot.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-09, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
Oh my. Great Job. Love the photoshops. Thanks FloPo.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

ajglitch 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-14-09, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ajglitch Click to send private message to ajglitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
Great SOTS FP!

I would like to pick out one "fly" in the ointment on Frisky's awesome break down of events. And it has to do with who wins IC.

Waterbottles seem to be the qualifier that JT and Stephen had to be on the loser bench when Coach falls but if you look in the first photo you should note there are no water bottles to be seen.

It is only in the second photo we see the bottles.

Now I could be wrong and perhaps the bottles are out of sight on the ground but I don't think so. My thoughts are that at some point someone goes over to the bench and grabs the water bottles while Coach is writhing in agony.

Having said that I believe it will be Stephen who wins the IC based on his physique. He and Erinn are best suited to endure this challenge but Erinn's shoes indicates her early departure from the IC.

I could be wrong and if so I'll lose points in my pool this week but I honestly don't see Taj winning this challenge.

05-14-09, 11:53 AM (EST)
12. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
Yes, you raise some good points. But, I'm still thrilled with Frisky for nailing Erinning with her shoes on...clearly, Erinn is out of the challenge when Coach falls. At this point I am leaning toward a JT win...we'll see soon.

EmeraldBrooch 95 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EmeraldBrooch Click to send private message to EmeraldBrooch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-09 AT 03:36 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-14-09 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

Look at the outside edge of Taj's foot ... is it normally that color, or is that from standing on the little edge in the endurance box? Because it is incredibly prominent versus J.T.'s feet, which I would expect to be a brighter red on the outside.

The thing is, from the way the survivors are arranged around Coach, it doesn't look like Taj wins. Because of the direction J.T. approaches from, and why Taj moved around from her challenge spot ... I just don't see it yet. I want to say Coach wins immunity and gives it to someone.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-09 AT 03:37 PM (EST)

Are you referring to the lighter skin colour? That's normal for African-Americans - their palms are typically much lighter.

I did notice the little marks dug into the inside of Taj's right foot, which are also present on the left feet of both JT and Stephen. They look fresh, as if it wasn't very long since they hopped off the platform. Erinn has her shoes on in that scene with the other three all sporting marks from standing on the platform.

Edit to pass along my compliments to FloPo for another typically excellent SOTS!

EmeraldBrooch 95 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-09, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EmeraldBrooch Click to send private message to EmeraldBrooch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
I know we''re past the episode but I wanted to respond so I don't sound ignorant...

I realize that the bottoms of her feet would be naturally lighter, but I thought the the edges ran up higher and indicated she'd been applying pressure for a long amount of time which added to the different coloring. That's all. I can see now (and after the epsiode) JT's edges of his feet are fairly red in comparison to the rest of him.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-14-09, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
Great job Flowerpower on the SOTS.

I am not sure if it makes Any difference but coach is on the end in this challenge, so everyone still in the challenge would have to come in from the left as we see it.

JT shorts do not look the same as above.
Taj shorts look different also.
Could be from the shadows.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: SOTS, State of the Spoiling, "the Martyr Approach""
Wonderful SOTS by the QUEEN of SOTS and you are the queen of chops, Scarlett!

Loved that frisky noticed the shoes!

AFTER she pointed them out, MissRabbit at MESS pointed out that Erinn has only slipped her feet into the shoes, squashing down the heels, something you do when in a hurry. So probably she didn't have her shoes on when Coach fell. Whether she was still up there or on the bench is another question.

MESS posts:
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/51001?page=7

And Bjorkrazy at MESS pointed out that Taj ought to be visible in the station next to Coach if she were still in the challenge.

I think Erinn, Stephen, or JT could win it. Erinn is last to the huddle, but she took the time to slip her feet into her shoes, plus if she were in the challenge she had to get to the bench. She could have been on the perch still, or she could have been on the bench with shoes off. She's not being sympathetic so I think it's fair to say she didn't hurry over to Coach.

I think it's not conclusive, but I do think Erinn will try her best to win this, as she knows she's in hot water. JT will try his best so that he can control the boot, and Stephen would like to as well. Taj is safe and not motivated to torture herself. She is better off not winning, as that would draw attention to her.

I think the challenge is down to Coach and one other, and that is why as soon as Coach is down the winner is free to come down, because it is done. JP is so quick at those calls I think he would say Coach is falling ... X wins immunity in two seconds, before it becomes apparent that Coach isn't getting up.

I don't see JP allowing a re-do on the challenge. Stephen is likely sitting next to Coach on the bench afterwards because Coach is not up for walking back to camp, not if he's claiming disc problems.

Speaking of which, the new Fallon clip with Probst shows Coach saying that his back is toast (disc issues), before Exile, so now we know why he would fashion a stick. A fall like that would aggravate disc pain. Sneezing is enough to cause excruciating disc pain when you're on the edge. Not that I buy into Coach's spiel entirely, but I know how it goes with bad backs as I've been married to the problem for many years!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •