The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"red jackets??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-25-01, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
"red jackets??"
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,97856~3~~,FF.html

This pic is on the EW website. Nick and Mike in red jackets. They are clean shaven which leads me to believe it was early on, but I don't remember seeing any one wear a red jacket early on, yet alone two...???

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: red jackets?? dangerkitty 02-25-01 1
 RE: red jackets?? Dreamingofcolleen 02-25-01 2
 RE: red jackets?? SurvivorBlows 02-26-01 3
 RE: red jackets?? rameses 02-26-01 4
   RE: red jackets?? Minstrel 02-26-01 5
 RE: red jackets?? GWhiz3 02-26-01 6
   RE: red jackets?? cowboyroo 02-27-01 7
       RE: red jackets?? GWhiz3 02-27-01 8
           RE: red jackets?? ItzLisa 02-27-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-25-01, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: red jackets??"
I don't remember seeing any red jackets either, although that doesn't necessarily mean anything. But the implication that these three are in it for awhile longer, I do think so.

Specifically in reference to Nick, there seems to be a general assumption that he is considered lazy and not connected to anyone, but really, it has only been Jeff and Alicia who have actually said that - and they hate everybody! Nick did talk about "busy work"...but who says he really isn't contributing? There has been a lot of work to do since that comment. I can't remember anyone else saying anything bad about him - please tell me if I am mistaken. And, he did vote for Kimmi along with everyone else - we don't know whether he did that specifically as part of an alliance or not. Every other tribe member was shown in a discussion about the vote except Nick. (Again, I am sure someone can point out if I am mistaken about that).

I am looking forward to finding out more about Nick in upcoming episodes.

Dreamingofcolleen 73 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-25-01, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dreamingofcolleen Click to send private message to Dreamingofcolleen Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: red jackets??"
This is just a thought, but there was some speculation that the kayak picture the person was wearing some sort of red jacket. Although I think that the kayak pic the red object looks more like a backpack, I thought it was coincidence enough and decided to post this idea.

DoC

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-26-01, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: red jackets??"
I also don't remember any jackets -- and they scream Target reward prize to me.

Could they have been from a previous challenge? ...or from an upcoming one?

rameses 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-26-01, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rameses Click to send private message to rameses Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: red jackets??"
Just a though here, but seems we are in agreement that no one has seen the red jackets before. With that premise, can we assume that this picture may be post merger? Notice the caption under the picture says they are "singing for their supper"? Notice Nick's eyes are looking downward, as if he's looking at a SONGBOOK! I am assuming that Mitchell left behind the songbook he brought as a luxury item when he exited Camp Ogawhore. And the only way the Kuchas could be singing from it would be to have it after the merger. The red jackets could possibly be from a reward challenge this week, as this will be the last time it will not be won by an individual. I'm not sure this would help us much other than identifying Michael, Nick and Elisabeth as contestants who make it into the merger.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-26-01, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: red jackets??"
I don't remember red jackets either. I don't remember yellow rain jackets (as in Tina). The supply chest didn't mention them. But Mitch did bring a songbook and Maralyn said the tribe always sang songs at night (we just never saw it)! Plus, I think people booted off probably left the luxury item the brought. Funny, Kel's razor doesn't seem to be used by Keith though. But Amber, Tina, and Jerri's legs look as if they might be shaven. So why do Elisabeth and Alicia's look the same?

GWhiz3 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-26-01, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GWhiz3 Click to send private message to GWhiz3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: red jackets??"
This pic was taken from the very first episode, at the time Kucha learns of the details concerning the first immunity challange. Actually, it is right at the part when they realize that they will receive matches if they win.

GW

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-27-01, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: red jackets??"
Hmmmmm....I don't recall that, but I thought they may be a prize in Episode 7. Don't they skip a reward challenge the merge episode and just give everyone something....I just found it odd that Nick and Michael would have the same color, red jacket...

GWhiz3 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-27-01, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GWhiz3 Click to send private message to GWhiz3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: red jackets??"
I was hoping to not to have to admit to taping the episode, but I did tape it.

I've been kinda lurking around on the boards for awhile, and haven't felt confident enough about my thoughts to post until now.

The pic is taken right at the moment when Elizabeth says "Oooh, we get matches!" and right after Alicia's not-so-flattering below the waist shot.

Can anyone else back me up?

Cheers!
GW

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-27-01, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: red jackets??"

>The pic is taken right at
>the moment when Elizabeth says
>"Oooh, we get matches!"
>and right after Alicia's not-so-flattering
>below the waist shot.
>
>Can anyone else back me up?

***Hi! Welcome to the boards! I can't back you up, as I don't have the episode on tape, but I will back you up on this much...

They look way too clean shaven, so unless they got razors in a luxury win further on down the line, this looks like a very early episode. Nick's hair looks like he just came from a barber!

I also wouldn't put too much stock in the "singing for their supper" caption into meaning that they must have Mitchell's songbook and it's post merger. Judging by the looks on their faces, it could very well be an excited cheer of some sort when they realize they might win matches. The person thinking up captions could just have put that in because it LOOKS like they're singing, regardless of if they are or aren't.

Another thing to remember - yes, probably Mitchell left his songbook behind after he was booted. When the tribes merge, the tribe who has to move has five minutes to decide what essential item to bring along with them to the new camp. Assuming that maybe Ogakor moves to Kucha's camp, why would they bring along something as useless as Mitchell's songbook when they have to throw themselves together in five minutes and decide on something they really need, like Keith's pan or Colby's flag to use as shelter? A songbook ain't good for nuthin' when they're merging!

****************************** "I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas." (Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •