The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SB's State Of The Spoiling -- Episode 7: "The Dragon Slayer""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-07-09, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SB's State Of The Spoiling -- Episode 7: "The Dragon Slayer""
State Of The Spoiling

Sponsored by RTVW's Community Guidelines and Dabo's Vote Thread.
Letter from the editor:
While my knowledge of middle-ages lingo (despite my seemingly chronological-advantage) is extremely sparse, I will none-the-less attempt to fulfill my duties as weekly SOTS messenger, with a tinge of the old "bloated toad" thrown in to cover the fact that I have no idea what I'm talking about.
So, with scabbard in hand I began my sojourn of medieval fokelore. Wouldn't you know it, I becamest upon a bountiful cornucopia of glossarial nuggets.
Ahhh...the internet.
Whenceforth all participants were renamed and the theme is... the dark ages!

To get us started on our weekly process of elimination, let us take pause at the Medieval Name Generator and establish just who the frick is who...
Presenting, your host... Jeff Probst: a.k.a. Eric the Tall
On Jalapao, now called Cyniburg resides
JT: Otho Smith
Taj: Agnes MacLeod
Stephen: Little Tom and
Joe: David of Baskerville

Meanwhile, on Timbira, a.k.a. Gertrude-the-Silly resides
Erinn: Decima
Brendan: Magnus Sigurdsson
Debbie: Sloane of the Shannon
Sierra: Finnabhair Ingen Neill
Coach: Crimthann the Boneless and
Tyson: Crimthann the Boneless...?

No typos here folks...It seems that Tyson and Coach are BOTH Crimthann the Boneless.
Yes. Crimthann the Boneless...
If ever a name sounded dragonish?
Or is that slayerish?
Anywhose...

Gather 'round and let us first ruminate over the events from ages past...

Gertrude-the-Silly and Cyniburg met up and battled on the highlands of Brazilington.
Par usual, Eric the Tall presented the immunity standard and both tribes salivated.
Eventually, the tribal immunity standard was won by Gertrude-the-Silly, sending Cyniburg to tribal couseling once anew.
Amongst the diminished members of Gertrude-the-Silly, the male members debated over Agnes McLeod or Dawnetta of Pennington for bootation.
Despite his immunity *cough*cough*, David of Baskerville's attempt to save Dawnetta of Pennington from being banished to Ponderosingham, was met with... a blown torch.
No, not the good kind.

Alas, the past is the past. Art we to learn a nugget from it?

Estee the Great seems to think so. The founder of the Post-Ouster Interviews.
Always a good source for the take on tribal dynamics from survivors who are all venegful and bitter.
Firmly held within, a straight-from-the-horse's-mouth highlight of Dawnetta of Pennington's lack of game (and surplus of gaydar).

Amongst the musings, Dawnetta of Pennington believes that she's cute, flirtatious and underestimated.
Oh and that David of Baskerville is in danger?
Alas, she is but a loser, doth we take her for her word?

A trusted ally to survivorists might be Eric the Tall.
What doth he say regarding all the fuss?
Dame Suzzee Sockpuppet presents
Jiffy's Blog just so we can hear the wise sage's words for ourselves.
Direct from JP's nimble fingers: "Brendan is now my pick as the smartest player left in the game. Brendan is one smart dude. Brendan could win. Brendan's fate will come down to how he fares with Coach 'cause Coach wants him gone. Beware granola boy…the Dragon Slayer lurks…."
Would this imply that Dawnetta of Pennington used to be the smartest?

Okay, dragon slaying. Hmmm... To shed some light on that, here comes the Shire Bailiff, michel, with the news of the knolls...
Headline: The Dragon Slayer

Aha! Would you look at that?! Eric the Tall was correct, A good olde thyme Dragon theme!
Get inside the slayer of dragons.
Who'd be the dragon and who'd be the slayer?
More impressingly, will it really matter?

Next comes the Sorceress, Lady Flowerpower, regaling us with the visual proof...
that there will be a merge, complete with merge notice (for those still unbelieving)......

"no-knights of the non-round table"

"when Otho Smith reads..."

that there will be an individual immunity challenge, complete with Individual Standard...

"hug the maypole, sukkahz"

"fair-feathered friend"

and that David of Baskerville finally has his wound looked at...

"the jester's lame leg"

"close-up, just for the gross-out"

OH...and that someone cuts the cheese and someone else likes it...

"looks to be male?"

"num-num-num"

add to that the misdirectional clues. Via wax-drop seal-points...

A feast brings a welcome surprise for one tribe and foreboding news for the other as the unequal tribes are merged at last!

The newly merged tribe begins to scheme immediately as old alliances crumble and new ones begin to form.

Who will emerge as the leader of the new tribe?

A power player decides to come into the merge fighting, but his plan may be thwarted before it can be carried out.

Meanwhile, an exiled pair makes a shocking discovery.

Foreboding news, while bad in intent, can indeed still pass over without incident.
Alliances crumbling and new ones forming will be the appetizer, while old alliances rebonding will be the entree. Dessert will be passed on.
New leaders will be old leaders, for due to the thwarting of fighting power players, they will have to put-aside their ambitions for now.
AND The Exiled pair?
That's still up for debate.
But how funny would it be if Crimthann the Boneless were sent there.

Wait! Before we make any rash and immediate decisions about these misdirections let's harken the sage words of some of our trusted advisors.

Sir Byofferalot's Post Merge Discussion
Sir Corvisahad's Weight Loss Spoiler
Queen VerucaSalt's Players Game Editing
Lady Flowerpower's Future Challenges

Huzzah! That's a lot to feast on.
Scrumpet and Ham, Cheese and Nuts, Dragonslaying and Final Eights. BUT What does it all mean?
Well, all you need to remember for this episode is... That Decima, Little Tom, Magnus Sigurdsson and Finnabhair Ingen Neill are ONES to watch.
Yet only Otho Smith and Agnes McLeod are safe till F8.
That Sloane of the Shannon and David of Baskerville are most in need of being jurored before Final 8.
And that Crimthann the Boneless will somehow devour itself.

In closing...

RC: Merger Cheese!

Don't they look happy?

IC: Individual Standard
Who needs it most?
Won't matter. But I'll wager a guess on either...

Targets: Magnus Sigurdsson~or~ Otho Smith

Bootee: David of Baskerville

Why? Because faux idols never work, neither do mere flesh wounds.
AND Most importantly, Dawnetta of Pennington WAS the smartest player out there.

Thanks to SurvivorFever, SurvivorPhoenix, SurvivorBlows and RTVW, Byoffer, Veruca Salt, michel, suzzee, Corvis, Flowerpower, Estee, Dabo, Adobe, Worldwide Renaissance Faires, Monty Python and Starbucks.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- E... Belle Book 04-07-09 1
   Thanks Belle! tribephyl 04-07-09 4
 RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- E... michel 04-07-09 2
   RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- E... tribephyl 04-07-09 3
 RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- E... CTgirl 04-07-09 5
 RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- E... Flowerpower 04-08-09 6
 RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- E... emydi 04-08-09 7
 RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- E... suzzee 04-08-09 8
 RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- E... byoffer 04-08-09 9
 Salutations, My Liege Brownroach 04-08-09 10
 RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- E... ajglitch 04-08-09 11
   RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- E... tribephyl 04-08-09 13
 RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- E... Outfrontgirl 04-08-09 12
 RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- E... kingfish 04-08-09 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-07-09, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- Episode 7: "The Dragon Slayer""
Glad to see you're back, Tribephyl!

Belle Book

04-07-09, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Thanks Belle!"
While It's not certain that I'm back for good, it sure is great being back for the time being. Thanks for the good vibes!

Oh and here's a little something I've been meaning to give ya'.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-09, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- Episode 7: "The Dragon Slayer""
The Shire bailiff congratulates you on a job well done. Great SOTS even if I had to learn a whole new bunch of names.

I just want to point out that women have done particularly well when dancing on poles... I mean hanging on them. Twila won in Vanuatu and it took Ozzy to outlast Candice, Becky and Parvati in CI.

Brendan and JT may be too heavy to stay up long enough to win. I think Tyson or one of the Timbira women have the best shot.

04-07-09, 07:35 PM (EST)
3. "RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- Episode 7: "The Dragon Slayer""
I do agree with you.
In truth I figure Erinn or Sierra to have the "leg-up" of hanging on an erect pole the longest.

The only real reason I proposed JT or Brendan was because it would "fit" with the thwarted plans tease.
But Joe being Medi-vacced could be the thwarting as could Crimthann the Boneless being stuck on Exile during Tribal Council. Either way, the dragon slaying will have to wait for another day...if ever.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-09, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- Episode 7: "The Dragon Slayer""
Kudos to Sir Tribe-the-SOTS-Slayer!

Another Tribe Epic and an awesome SOTS! (And the little kid in me giggled at the "someone cuts the cheese" and Erinn liking it bit. )

Hope all is going well with you. Good to see you around here!

Cheers to Tribe!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-09, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- Episode 7: "The Dragon Slayer""

AHHHH, Sir Tribesalot, what a spectacular act this will be to follow. Well done, Sire! Your creativity knows no bounds and I think you have presented at least the final act for the poor David of Baskerville...and what a final portrait of him you have painted, indeed!

Forever grateful, Sire,

Lady Flowerpower

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-09, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- Episode 7: "The Dragon Slayer""
Ok, I just asked Smidge to marry me over in AI forum, but let's make it a menage....Will you marry me? I love you!

Great SOTS!

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-09, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- Episode 7: "The Dragon Slayer""
Sir Scribe of Tribe! Wonderful to see you

Loved the nod to Monty Python's Black Knight. I just saw the play in February and of course it's just a flesh wound.

Dame Suzzee Sockpuppet

Grrrr It's best to play dead when sock puppets attack

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-09, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- Episode 7: "The Dragon Slayer""
Oh.My.Cod. That story is hilarious and those pictures beyond hilarious. Love that last one especially (yes, I am a Monty Python fan). I can just see Joe losing his leg and uttering "It's just a flesh wound!"

Thanks Tribe!

It's Bachelor Love, which is like Monopoly Money in that it has no actual value outside the game. - frodis

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-09, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Salutations, My Liege"
I've no doubt this splendid SOTS is MMDLXXXIV times more entertaining than the episode will be, my dear Thane Tribephyl-Upon-Thames.

Ever your ally,
Brunroche, Vicomte du Vermin

ajglitch 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-08-09, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ajglitch Click to send private message to ajglitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- Episode 7: "The Dragon Slayer""
Absolutely brilliant!

One thing I am wondering though. Any chance there could be a "double" elimination due to the medevac of Joe? It's happened in the past but with bigger casts so I assume not.

I think its a coin toss between Sierra and Tyson to win immunity as I don't think that Debra has the intestinal fortitude to hang on regardless of her lack of rack fat.

04-08-09, 07:45 PM (EST)
13. "RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- Episode 7: "The Dragon Slayer""
While it certainly is possible to have an actual "voted-out" bootation AFTER a medi-vac, as you stated it usually happens with bigger casts.
With bigger casts they also include one or two double boots per season par usual.
However, with the smaller cast, I'd wager that a medi-vac of a survivor would end up resulting in a "night-off" from TC.
OR They hold a TC wherein Joe gets medi-vac'd. Or Joe gets the most votes even after claiming he'll be okay.

Ultimately, I don't know.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-09, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- Episode 7: "The Dragon Slayer""
Loveth it!
Medieval geek here ...

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-09, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SB's State Of The Spoiling -- Episode 7: "The Dragon Slayer""
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-09 AT 08:21 AM (EST)

Yo Yo Yo Yo, Dawg, checkitout checkitout...You brought it all tonight, Dawg! Dude! Dude! Dude!Dude!

You tore it up! You're blazing hot! You took a standard we all know and made it your own! Dawg! Checkitout!

Tribe, that was crazy good...Tight, Dude!

Ok, maybe a little pitchy in the middle, but it doesn't matter, you burnt the place down...

I think you even shut Paula up for the moment...No, she was just flapping her arms and I couldn't hear her lip blabber over the flab slapping her tatas.

You get a four 'Yo' and a four 'Dude' rating from Randy.

Glad to see you back. BTW, Emy has been torturing us, and it hurts so good.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •