The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and Myrna to Win? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-15-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and Myrna to Win? "
Watch the editing of this couple... it is unlike all of the other 9 remaining couples. They continue to show them as the underdogs, having so many obstacles to overcome, and always leave you, the viewer, with a hunger to see them succeed. They do this with no other couple, or at least not to the extent that they do with these two. I am convinced that they are setting us up for something.

The only other two couples that fall into the "underdog" category are the Internet Dating couple (IDC) and the Father/Daughter team. The IDC having only been mentioned once or twice about proving to the others that age doesn't matter, and the Father/Daughter's big set back was the hurt knee, which was unscripted, so I'm not paying that much attention to the editing there.

I cast my vote... CHARLA AND MYRNA WILL WIN!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and ... seahorse 07-15-04 1
 RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and ... I_AM_HE 07-15-04 2
   RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and ... gatortod 07-16-04 4
 RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and ... ManilaESQ 07-16-04 3
   RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and ... toddE 07-16-04 5
       RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and ... plimtuna 07-16-04 6
           RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and ... Loree 07-20-04 13
 RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and ... Rothschild 07-16-04 7
 RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and ... RealityRyan 07-18-04 8
   RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and ... MrRambo04 07-19-04 9
 RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and ... dabo 07-19-04 10
 my 2 cents moonbaby 07-19-04 11
 RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and ... TeamJoisey 07-19-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-15-04, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and Myrna to Win? "
Interesting observation, but I doubt you are correct.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

07-15-04, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and Myrna to Win? "
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-04 AT 05:29 PM (EST)

...or CBS is just trying to get all the mileage out of its gimmick while it can, with an early exit to come...

and you can add the bowling moms to your list of underdogs (interesting that at 4-5, up from 4-7, the underdogs aren't such underdogs any longer). i guess you could also say the twins are sort of underdogs - all-female teams have a much harder go at this race than all-male or mixed teams do. but given the huge # of underdogs still in it, they seem less like underdogs than they really are

edit to make clear "they" = CBS

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-16-04, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gatortod Click to send private message to gatortod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and Myrna to Win? "
>LAST EDITED ON 07-15-04
>AT 05:29 PM (EST)

>
>...or CBS is just trying to
>get all the mileage out
>of its gimmick while it
>can, with an early exit
>to come...
>

I agree that CBS is getting the most mileage out of them. They are quote machines and that makes for interesting TV.

ManilaESQ 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-16-04, 04:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ManilaESQ Click to send private message to ManilaESQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and Myrna to Win? "
But the underdogs don't win in Amazing Race. That's why I don't think the cousins will win.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-16-04, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and Myrna to Win? "
Unfortunately, I agree that underdogs NEVER win on TAR, which is a major reason I don't really like this show compared to other reality shows--Fear Factor, no less, is much more unpredictable and even-handed than this show. I love both Charla and Mirna, and it seems the are the clear fan favorites, but they won't be around that long.

plimtuna 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-16-04, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail plimtuna Click to send private message to plimtuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and Myrna to Win? "
I have to say that it is very unlikely that Charla and Myrna will win. My reasoning:

1. Way too much attention in the beginning. Their story arch will come to an end in a few episodes.

2. Running is a skill that makes a difference in this contest. Meeting trains, planes and automobiles and not being one of the first ones there does make a difference. This team has been lucky and will not always be lucky.

Also, I have moved from nuetral to less than positive on them. They are not this fan's favorite. Something about their constant ranting about not being taken seriously. they just don't sit well with me.

I am rooting for the Dad and daughter.

PlimTuna
"Now that reality has been redefined, can I start living my dreams?"

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-04, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and Myrna to Win? "
>
>2. Running is a skill
>that makes a difference in
>this contest. Meeting trains,
>planes and automobiles and not
>being one of the first
>ones there does make a
>difference. This team has
>been lucky and will not
>always be lucky.
>
>Also, I have moved from nuetral
>to less than positive on
>them. They are not
>this fan's favorite. Something
>about their constant ranting about
>not being taken seriously.
>they just don't sit well
>with me.
>

I agree that the running will eventually hurt them. There always seems to be alot of running at the very end for the winners.

I don't like their ranting either. They keep saying they want to prove they don't need help they can do it all. Then they complain nobody is helping them and get the man on the street to carry stuff for them.

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-16-04, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and Myrna to Win? "
Colin and Christie have had zero air time --- a very good
sign for them ..... They are in the middle --- a good position
to use the yield, especially on a South America
to Europe/Russia segment ....

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-18-04, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and Myrna to Win? "
CBS is trying milk them for all they're worth before they exit... and since they've been so heavily featured in the previews, I expect them to go out either this week or next week

MrRambo04 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-19-04, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MrRambo04 Click to send private message to MrRambo04 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and Myrna to Win? "
I agree with the most of ya. But we all know that there is no way a little person can win this race. They want to gain a massive amount of respect? uh-huh, that's total bs, they want to be regarded as equals, when they go running around yelling "small lady" in spanish, and begging to get on a ferry that they are late for because they can't navigate. They are nothing but a pair of bitter biggots, that deserve the eventual elimenation that awaits them a few episodes down the road. plus i agree with the prospect of christie and collin doing well in the race. But my personal want is that brandon and nicole come across the line first since they are friends of our family and all. But i think the twins or collin and christie are leaving with the gold.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-04, 03:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and Myrna to Win? "
Personally, from what I have observed, Charla and Mirna fall into the Clowns profile for this series. Much as I like their chances, I expect their penchant for having fun along the way may blow it for them before the end.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "my 2 cents"
The least likeable team will win. There seems to be some unwritten rule about that.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-19-04, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SPOILER SPEC ONLY! Charla and Myrna to Win? "
I'm with Dabo. Gidget and the Midget are being edited as the team that finishes fourth or fifth.

Recall the Festers, Oswald and Danny, and the Clowns. All likeable. All got a lot of air time, paticularly early on, when there are a lot of teams to sort out. All had particular quirks that made them memorable, and none of them won.

My prediction: Charla and Mirna will be leaving in Episode 11.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •