The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Our First Impressions...People, Alliances,Strengths, Weaknesses"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-09, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Our First Impressions...People, Alliances,Strengths, Weaknesses"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-09 AT 07:19 PM (EST)

I thought it would be fun to start a thread regarding our first impressions...regarding the players, alliances, strengths, weaknesses, whatever!

Jalapao: To me, they are appearing to be the inferior tribe...even though I know that it's early in the game and they have some really strong players, and did indeed win the physical part of the challenge, the early vibe I get is that this will be the inferior tribe...they are the kind of tribe that high fives each other, even when they lose...

JT will be the leader, whether we wants to be or not. He is the strongest and the most comfortable with really hard outdoor labor. According the Caroline's exit interview by webby, he and Stephen may be aligned, despite Stephen noticing that the Southern boys may not mesh with the "anxious NY Jew"...could he be one of the tribe narrators?

Spencer appears to be aligning with Sydney, to me. He seemed to direct the boot away from Sandy, toward Carolina. Seems vocal, could possibly be a narrator.

Joe: Strong, but didn't get much of a feel for him at all.

Taj: perhaps will be the maternal one, is Sandy drawn to her as Carolina was? Looks strong. Possible narrator?

Sandy: Drama....while her saving grace in the entire episode was in the challenge, that is all I found positive about her. She seems definately "crazy", and sorry to say, dumb. I think her social graces may be lacking as well, I don't think she will be long for the show, but I could be wrong, look at Bob, he didn't decide to play the game until after the Marcus boot...?

Possible Alliances: Stephen + JT, Joe + Spencer + Sydney(according to Carolina in her post boot interview with Webby)

Timbira: Definately, worked well together in the challenge, and Brendan and Erinn clearly won it for them. Coach clearly is an interesting character that wants to "change" the game...he has included Brendan in his plan, and Brendan, very wisely, noted that this raised a red flag...and that it was a game to win a million dollars and he didn't need a coach to do it...

I think that Coach is going to emerge as the leader of this tribe, he is probably the most outdoorsy and seems extremely confident. He seems to be able to coach the girls, but will he be able to coach the men as well?

Erinn: Did well in the challenge, could possibly be a narrator for this tribe.

James: More physically fit than some are judging him to be or not to be...seems pleasant and helpful. Brendan was impressed with him.

Sierra: I must say that I have a completely different opinion of her than I got in her pre-game interview...I like her much more than I did. I thought she did better on the step portion of the challenge than Erinn did....Worked hard to gain favor with her tribe, hopefully she kept the clue to the HII and will go for it later. Don't know if this will save her, however, when they go to TC. I like her though...

Tyson: He definately will be a physical force to reckon with, he could be a narrator of sorts, too. Can't wait to see his "maniacal" side...

Debbie: Hidden in first show?

Candace: Not really seen that much...

Alliances: Coach + Brendan? Brendan + Jerry

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Our First Impressions...People,... sol 02-14-09 1
   RE: Our First Impressions...People,... Belle Book 02-14-09 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-14-09, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Our First Impressions...People, Alliances,Strengths, Weaknesses"
Thanks FP for starting this thread, it's something I have thought about a couple times over the last couple days.

Jalapao: - gotta agree they seem to be the weaker tribe. JT, Joe and Spencer, with some good help from Sydney will lead. Sandy will help in the physical part of challenges, but will be a liability where mental skills are required. Stephen may help, perhaps more mentally, but isn't a strong, outdoorsy kind of guy. They'll see JP again, soon.

JT - the leader. He lead the way on the trek, and asked Joe if he was headed in the right direction, so he's not an arrogant leader, more reluctant and a team player.

Spencer is the youngest, but he understands the game. His immaturity will be his weakness, he said they would be okay without the food and water; but there's no coconut trees around, let alone in abundance. Six days without food will render this tribe too weak to perform well in challenges. On the other hand, he did seem to lead the keep Sandy consideration, and may come to her and expect her support in an important vote.

Taj also struck me as the maternal one ... her private advice to Carolina showed wisdom on many levels.

Sandy - it won't be long before she has frayed even my most tolerable nerves. I don't see her in any kind of alliance, and will be a loose cannon when others approach her to try and get her vote to control the game. I just hopes she wins enough money to buy a top plate that actually fits.

Carolina - although she was the first voted off I don't think it was all because of her bossiness, although that played a major role. Her voice is very nasal, and that makes it sound like she is always whining. Whining = complaining, and she complained as well. She thought she was blind-sided, JP thought she was blind-sided, but I thought she was an obvious choice as the person least wanted around - not a blindside at all.

Didn't JP say she would be too cute to vote off early. Oops, just another statement that JP made that shows why I don't believe anything he says.

Stephen doesn't look like he fits in, but there's not enough to go on.

Joe and Sydney didn't get enough air time to form a first impression.

Timbera - better organized ... and it showed when they got the food and the water off the truck, and again they didn't panic during the IC and eventually won it handily.

However, one thing bothers me. Jalapoa arrived at camp with considerable daylight left, while Timbera arrived in full darkness ... they may have needed help from the production crew to arrive at all. Coach was manning the compass, and this may have been a significant failure that may have his tribe-mates see that the personality he projects isn't what he actually delivers.

Coach - clearly getting lots of airtime, and clearly taking the lead. Taking the lead is not usually a good idea this early in the game.

The spoiler said that he had lost considerable weight and used a walking stick post Survivor, but I am not automatically buying that this is a sign he went deep into the game. He may have gotten an infection - ingested, or from an injury - that took a long time to heal. However, he may have been around long enough to burn down the camp, but his bossiness probably won't win him the million.

Brendan - the quiet leader perhaps. He recognizes that Coach wants to be the lead dog, and he will let him be the target. But his red flag recognition indicates he's no fool. He was also the one carrying a load with Sarge, and knew that Sarge had a lot of strength and endurance. I wouldn't be surprised to see this pair as an alliance.

Sarge - UTR right now, but his strengths will be apparent to the observant soon enough ... Brendan shows the powers of observation so far. Carrying a hundred pound load on your back for 4 hours is something Sarge has done before breakfast on many occasions in his life ...Survivor won't be the challenge to him that it will be to others.

Tyson - not as wingy as Sandy, but still not someone to fit in. As long as his physical strength is an asset he'll be around, but I don't see him in a strong alliance. I knew some Mormon missionaries back in the '70s and they were, lets say, more modest that Tyson. If he still is active in his church he'll have some 'splainin' to do when he gets home. He's not the second coming of heleN backwards.

Sierra - got a lot of airtime, and not all of it was bad. The blurring made me wonder if she took underwear lessons from Britteny Spears. Since I believe that Jalapoa goes to TC again next ep, she will have enough time to made a solid second impression that will carry her deep into the game. Coach may have his opinions, but he's not going to do the thinking for everyone else. She will be a hard worker around camp .... already shown ... and she be a benefit in challenges. I've formed a second opinion of her too.

Erinn - didn't dominate in the IC, possibly was weak on the trek, but seems to have some intelligence. First impression is that she will make it to the jury.

Let's see, there were 2 more ... ummm ... gotta go look this up, they just didn't get much airtime. Nothing to go on for Debbie and Candace. Not a good sign for longevity when the editors don't give a reason for the audience to form a connection. Debbie should last longer, but Coaches edict of eliminating the weak will probably cost her eventually.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-14-09, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Our First Impressions...People, Alliances,Strengths, Weaknesses"
I think Sandy's the most logical boot for Jalapao when they next see Probst, while Timbira has Candace and Sierra. Sierra's sick with strep throat but she really worked hard on the shelter and proved herself in the Immunity Challenge, while I haven't seen that much of Candace. I think Coach will consider that Sierra is working hard at least and go with Candace as the first boot choice when Timbira heads to Tribal Council.

Belle Book

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •