The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-01-04, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"
Last night was what I would think of the classic example of when to use the Yield -- you are in second to last place w/out much of a lead on the last place team. Either they explicitly knew that only 1 team was still doing the roadblock, or they had a pretty good idea that they and the last place team were pretty far behind the other teams. So, why not use the roadblock to ensure that there's a good chance you don't finish last? Of course, it all worked out for them in the end, but if the other 2 teams had some more luck with the bales, they could have very easily been last.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I can't believe that the wrestl... RocketAudy 12-01-04 1
   RE: I can't believe that the wrestl... Cathy the Canadian 12-01-04 2
       RE: I can't believe that the wrestl... seahorse 12-02-04 3
           RE: I can't believe that the wrestl... Spider 12-02-04 4
 RE: I can't believe that the wrestl... udg 12-02-04 5
 RE: I can't believe that the wrestl... PagongRatEater 12-02-04 6
   RE: I can't believe that the wrestl... Tahj 12-02-04 8
       RE: I can't believe that the wrestl... PagongRatEater 12-02-04 9
           RE: I can't believe that the wrestl... samboohoo 12-02-04 10
           RE: I can't believe that the wrestl... Tahj 12-02-04 12
   RE: I can't believe that the wrestl... louislam 12-02-04 14
 RE: I can't believe that the wrestl... Ontario TAR Fan 12-02-04 7
   RE: I can't believe that the wrestl... Jims02 12-02-04 11
 RE: I can't believe that the wrestl... Smiles Davis 12-02-04 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RocketAudy 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-01-04, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RocketAudy Click to send private message to RocketAudy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"
I thought for sure that they would.

I guess they were thinking that it would look a little foolish for a couple of hulking wrestlers to yield a team of AARP members.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-01-04, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"
I think, as usual, they weren't thinking at all.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-04, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"
I think you are closer to being correct.

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-02-04, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"
hahaha, did you hear what they wrestlers said. It was something like:

"We have not been yielded by anyone and no one has yielded us!"

(difference?)

Then walked off.

Love these two. Comic relief for the race.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-02-04, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"
I think they thought there was no way in heck that the old folks would beat them to the finish line. It was a physical task followed by another 2 mile bike ride, and the old folks had already shown that they were physically exhausted. I think the odds were in the wrestlers' favor this time, and they may very well NEED that yield in the future.

I did, however, think it was hilarious that Bolo got a CRAMP from COUNTING!

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-04, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"
The racers HATE the Yield and would only use it in the most dire situation when there is no possible repurcussions. Team Steriod had to think that they would beat the OPs in any footrace or bike race and would want to be careful not to incur the wrath of the other teams cause once YOU use the Yield then anyone can and will turn around and drop one on you. That's why we didn't see it until the last leg.

But let me take this visit to Bashers as an opportunity to bash the Yield. It sucks. It is useless pointless and really frickin annoying. The racers don't like it, it adds nothing to the show (except opportunities for bad grammar) and is not even a consistent part of the race. More fast forwards, less yields (i.e. none) - capiche?

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-02-04, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"
Agree with you that it was not the best time to use the yield.

I disagree about the yield. I think it can be very effective when used appropriately. It's why Chip and Kim ultimately won. |

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-04, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"
Chip and Kim won because they were the last ones to get to the airport, so they found out about the delay that the other leading teams missed and they got the best flight into Dallas. Colin and Christie had moved back into the lead despite the yield and it did not get them eliminated, which would have been the only time it really would have made a difference.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"
Exactly, PRE.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-02-04, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-04 AT 05:22 PM (EST)

Chip and Kim won because they were the last ones to get to the airport, so they found out about the delay that the other leading teams missed and they got the best flight into Dallas. Colin and Christie had moved back into the lead despite the yield and it did not get them eliminated, which would have been the only time it really would have made a difference.

I disagree once again. When Colin and Christie got the Yield, it really threw them off of their game, which is why Colin failed to double check times. He even admitted this. Chip and Kim couldn't have chosen a better time to use the Yield, and it worked, even though it didn't result directly in an elimination.

louislam 475 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-02-04, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail louislam Click to send private message to louislam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"
I think if the team using the yield does not need to show that they have yielded somebody, it will be better. So the team being yielded will never know who yielded them until the show air.

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

Ontario TAR Fan 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-02-04, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to send private message to Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"
Just to be the devil's advocate, the Yield WAS at the hayfield. The wrestlers could, if they used their eyes, see another team still there. So figuring that the Don/MaryJean would be slower on a physical task, why use it?

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"
That's what I was thinking. It's not like they *did* end up in last place in this leg anyway. Clearly, they made the right decision.

If they had used it, they would have just wasted their Yield.

Check out Jims' Random Thoughts. Some pretty deep stuff.

Smiles Davis 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-02-04, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smiles%20Davis Click to send private message to Smiles%20Davis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I can't believe that the wrestlers didn't use the Yield"

I know, that's crazy.

Brian Treat
www.happy-hour.com

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •