The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bowling Mums spoiler"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Goober 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-15-04, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goober Click to send private message to Goober Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bowling Mums spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-04 AT 10:07 PM (EST)

Looks like the bowling chicks are in for the long haul along with Team Blue Lagoon (Brandon's religious belief comments foreshadows their lasting endurance in the race, as with past TAR examples, finalists Kelly/Jon and Will/Tara comments on Karma. This plus reports of sightings of a Flo/Zach like team in Denver)

http://www.elitestv.com/NewsPub/2004/Jul/ETV40f57fcd46dba.html

Elites TV spoke with Allison Irwin the morning after her and partner Donald Patrick became the second couple to be eliminated from the race. Donny was unable to join Allison for the interview because of “class.” Or, according to Allison, his complete lack of it.

Elites TV – Hi Allison, thanks so much for talking with Elites TV. According to the CBS website, you and Donny decided to do Amazing Race to see if you could date after your experiences on Big Brother. So the big question is, are you two still together?

Allison – We dated for a while . I actually moved in with him and his family, and then I couldn’t really take the way he treated me any longer so I decided to get up and leave him.

Elites TV – Yeah, it seemed like you guys had some rough patches on the show.

Allison – Yeah!

Elites TV – But you guys also said that that was normal for your relationship. Do you think the way The Amazing Race was cut focused on your bickering rather than good points between you guys?

Allison – No, we do bicker a lot, but we have really good times too which is probably why we stayed together for so long. I mean, did show us fighting but we do fight a lot. So, I can’t really complain about the show.

Elites TV – what was the biggest lesson that you learned from competing?

Allison- I can’t say that I learned a lesson by competing in AR, because I kind of learned my lessons from competing in Big Brother, which I did by myself. But during Amazing Race I learned to think more about me…respect myself more and not let others downsize or talk to me the way that Donny did. It’s bad to say, but I had to see it on TV to for me to realize that this is not what people deserve.

Elites TV - Interesting. So do you think that this is your last reality show or are you going to try for more?

Allison – I don’t think I’m going to be trying out for any more reality shows! But, um, you never know. Survivor is still going on, right?

Elites TV – Ok, now about last night’s show. When you showed up at the Pit Stop, did you know that you came in last?

Allison – I knew. I knew from the second Donny said, “We’re taking a bus.” I knew that that was like our fatal move.

Elites TV –That leads me to my next question: If you could change one thing about the final leg in the show last night, would it be to choose “Tango” over “Perro” or taking a taxi instead of a bus to La Estancia La Invernada?

Allison – Um, well, since both of those were Donny’s decisions, I would not let him think . I would do the race like I did the first leg. We would have done the Tango, we would have been in the taxi, and we probably would have been in second place.

Elites TV - Interesting…It has been said that this is the most cutthroat season of AR. Would you agree?

Allison - Yeah, definitely. Everybody was really competitive. Everybody was still really nice, but it was just more…driven this year.

Elites TV – Were certain teams more competitive than others?

Allison – Yeah, definitely.

Elites TV – Who was the most cutthroat?

Allison – The most cutthroat? Hmmm…let me think. I’m going to have to say the Bowling Moms. I think the reason they seemed most cutthroat was because it took me by surprise how cutthroat, conniving and competitive they really were.

Elites TV—Yeah, on last’s night broadcast they told Jim and Marsha to exchange their money at the airport. That was pretty surprising.

Allison – Yeah.

Elites TV – Who did you guys get along with most on the show? Did you have time to really bond with certain teams?

Allison – I really liked every single person on that show. There was only one person I didn’t really care for.

Elites TV – Who?

Allison – I didn’t really care for Marsha, from the father daughter team. I though she was really mean and nasty. Not only to us but her teammate. Everybody else I really did like like, even if, you know, they didn’t care for us. I thought everybody was really cool.

Elites TV – What went on behind the scenes that we didn’t see? Like when you guys were having dinner, were those really fun times? Were there any juicy stories?

Allison – No, I wouldn’t say that there were any really juicy stories. But, yeah we all did get along. We all had dinner together and everybody forgot about the race and got to know each other.

Elites TV – Were people really able to shed their race personas and just hang out and drink wine together?

Allison – Yeah, a lot of people were able to just bond and talk about their real lives instead of just our reality life.

Elites TV – Were there any moments that weren’t broadcast that you wish made the final cut?

Allison – No…I don’t know. There were all kinds of things that went on . All kinds of fighting and…you know what I mean. It got a little bit worse than what we all saw so I’m kind of glad that weren’t shown.

Elite TV (salivating) – Can you give a tidbit?

Allison – On the bus ride to the roadblock Donny and got into it pretty bad and he started making remarks like I was ugly, I was fat…I was everything that had nothing to do with the race. I think he was just taking out his frustration on me because he knew that he had made a mistake. Twice. And I think that he knew that we were in last place at that point and was very insecure because he knew that… We had a game plan going into this race: I was going to be the brains and he was going to do all the physical aspects of the race. And we didn’t stick to our plan. I think he realized that he couldn’t do my half of the bargain and I couldn’t do his, and he crossed the line. So we got into it really, really bad on the bus. I’m kind of glad I didn’t see that because that probably would have put me in tears.

Elites TV – I’m sorry. So where did you watch the show? With a big group of friends?

Allison - The first one I watched with hundreds of people. We had a huge party and rented out a bar and that was awesome. But last night I just watched it with a couple of close friends.

Elites TV – Did you find it really hard to keep the secret?

Allison – No, not really.

Elites TV – Which detour did you think was scarier, “Zips”or “Perro.”

Allison – I knew that no matter what, once you get on that zip line you’re going. And I knew that with the dogs you could stop at any time and get lost and we were in a foreign city with nobody around us, with Donny navigating…so I was a bit more scared about , that it was going to really hurt us.

Elites TV - Any big culture shocks or language barriers?

Allison - Of course there were language barriers. Just the way people live, the way they perceive Americans—it was all really weird and really new for us. It was uncomfortable but at the same time exciting. It was hard because when you’re running the race you don’t have time to check it all out and meet the people and talk about their cultures. You’re just like: “How do I get there.” It comes across as very rude, but you kind of have to because you’re on a mission. You’re out for a million dollars and if you don’t then that could put you in last place.

Elites TV – What team has most surprised you by their performance?

Allison – Probably the Moms. The Bowling moms

Elites TV – And Charla and Mirna? They were last night’s big surprise.

Allison – Yeah…but she’s strong, man. That girl’s got a lot going for her. She’ really strong, really determined, and I thought she was a huge threat. And obviously they are still there. We’re not, and they are.

Elites TV - What are your future plans?

Allison - I’m working in South Carolina until December and then I’m planning on moving back to Pennsylvania, to Pittsburg, away from Donny.

Elites TV – What’s Donny up to now?

Allison - I think he’s trying to go back to school

Elites TV - Good for him.

Allison - Yahhh…I really want to get into pharmaceutical sales and then in the future go to law school. But not in the near future. I need some time and breathing space.

Elites TV - Well good for you, great job on the show and it was a pleasure talking to you.

Allison - You too! Bye.

Laura Kenney

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bowling Mums spoiler RuffNeck 07-16-04 1
   RE: Bowling Mums spoiler PepeLePew13 07-16-04 2
 RE: Bowling Mums spoiler PrincessJ 07-16-04 3
   RE: Bowling Mums spoiler FlamingCactusIT 07-16-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RuffNeck 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-16-04, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RuffNeck Click to send private message to RuffNeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bowling Mums spoiler"

>Elites TV – What team has
>most surprised you by their
>performance?
>
>Allison – Probably the Moms. The
>Bowling moms
>

This could go either way in that they surprised her during the time she was in the race or that they surprised her that they didn't join her and the other loser teams until later in the race.

>Elites TV – And Charla and
>Mirna? They were last night’s
>big surprise.
>
>Allison – Yeah…but she’s strong, man.
>That girl’s got a lot
>going for her. She’ really
>strong, really determined, and I
>thought she was a huge
>threat. And obviously they are
>still there. We’re not, and
>they are.

Just the way she phrased this led me to believe they weren't around for long.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-16-04, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bowling Mums spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 07-16-04 AT 10:28 AM (EST)

I'm in agreement. It definitely sounds like the Bowling Moms go a lot further than the cousins -- the key phrase to me was "And obviously they are still there. We're not, and they are."

No such comment about the Bowling Moms, just that they really surprised her - I think she'd have said something similar about the Moms if they went out early instead of saying they surprised her. Look at them, on the surface they don't seem very threatening or cunning.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention." Tom Peters

PrincessJ 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-16-04, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PrincessJ Click to send private message to PrincessJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bowling Mums spoiler"
Allison's 15 mins should have ended on Big Brother. Get off the TV, out of the magazines, and out of the reality TV world. You annoy me!!!!!!!!!!!

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-16-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bowling Mums spoiler"
Oh Know, Aliho's going to move to Pittsburgh. I hope I don't run into her someday.
FlamingCactusIT

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •