The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S17 SOTS Season Finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-13-08, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S17 SOTS Season Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-08 AT 05:22 PM (EST)

Welcome friends to another SOTS at Reality TV World where we collectively try and spoil EPMB’s Survivor series, one episode at a time! Please feel free to join in on the never-ending quest with your insights, observations, and speculation. It’s our collective opinions, right or wrong, that we like to put to the test each week. Please take the time to stop by and read our guidelines. They keep this site running smoothly and make it a great place to hang out! Now, let's get on with the show...Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you our Survivor: Gabon, Earth's Last Eden, Season Finale...

Where one of 18 castaways will finally be crowned winner of the million dollar prize and sole survivor of Gabon...

Last week Crystal was blindsided when Sugar gave the HII to Matty to play. She did leave with some grace, only to be received by the cruelest, most immature and vindictive jury members in survivor history. For a glimpse of their behavior check out the CBS site and you decide how this vengeful bunch will vote...

So, that leaves us with our final five...

Kenny Hoang, Video Gamer

Robert "Bob" Crowley, High School Physics Teacher

Susie Smith, Hair Stylist

Jessica "Sugar" Kiper, Pin-Up Model

Matty Whitmore, Physical Trainer

...and the question of the hour, WHO WILL BE OUR SOLE SURVIVOR???

CBS Misdirection Clues

This week CBS gives us the misdirection clues as noted here.

1. Two castaways are sent packing, leaving three to plead their case for the one million dollar prize and the title of sole survivor.
Well, this seems to tell us that it will be a Final 3 headed to face the jury...or does it?

2. A shocking turn of events causes the castaways to scramble for new strategies in the moments before Tribal Council.
Two ideas are discussed regarding this clue. The first theory is that perhaps the shocking turn of events is that they receive via treemail that say, may accompany their standard issued champagne brunch, that says they are to first burn down their camp, and second they are to report to the TC set immediately where their final challenge will determine the Final 2 who will appear before the jury.

The second theory is that something that someone does at F5/F4 may totally shock the remaining survivors that they are left scrambling for new strategies/alliances. Perhaps Bob gives his IN to someone else, say Sugar or Kenny?

3. The fate of the final four rests in the hands of one castaway who reveals an outrageous decision at the most surprising Tribal Council yet. Most likely this the fate of the four rest in the hands of the one castaway that wins the IN. The outrageous decision, could be as spec'd above, that the one wearing the IN takes it off and gives it to another, leading to someone elses boot, which in turn could leave some of them scrambling for a plan B. Most likely Bob, if he wins the IN, may decide to give it to one who is in danger, Kenny or even perhaps Sugar. But, last week he did say that he was "playing for ALL the marbles"?

4. The jury is faced with a million dollar decision after they question the last three castaways at the final Tribal Council. Again, this seems to point to a Final 3 that go before the jury, but let's face it, the misdirection clues have led us down the path before, so, who knows?! KOBrienFan notes that the press release, TIVO guide noted this: Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden
(New) 8:00 PM, 2 hrs
Sun 12/14/2008
CBS
Reality/Other
TVPG, English, 2008

Following weeks of intense competitions, scheming, backstabbing and voting, the final three castaways prepare for the tribal council that will narrow the contest down to the two who will face the judgment of their former tribe mates.

So, with all of the mixed communication, it's anyone's guess...and, by the way, good luck with this jury!

VIDCAPS

All season long Survivor Fever and Survivor Phoenix post for all of us that like to play the game of Survivor the video captures from everything that is played on the air. WE deeply appreciate all of your efforts and thank you for the great service you provide. This week, we were left with slim pickems! From the preview we get this...

VO:Transcript:

Announcer: Sunday, on the Survivor Season Finale, they're the final five Survivors. Kenny, the video gamer.

Kenny: I have been calling the shots.

Announcer: Bob, the challenge king.

Bob: I'm the luckiest man in the world.

Announcer: Susie, who flew under the radar.

Susie: Yes!

Announcer: Sugar, the sweet strategist.

Sugar: I think I'm the lady of the hour.

Announcer: And Matty, always the physical threat.

Matty: Good will prevail.

Announcer: Who will be the ultimate Survivor? Don't miss the two hour season finale and the live reunion show, CBS, Sunday.

Interesting that the entire collection of vidcaps just bounce back from one daw to the next, seemingly in no particular order...like so...

I have listed most of them because there is no new footage, and there is really no apparent rhyme or reason to these. Going through them, Kenny, Sugar, Susie, and Matty are featured 6 times each, wehre as Bob is featured 8 times??? Could he be our winner?

The announcer announces them in this order...Kenny, the video gamer, then Bob, the challenge king and luckiest man, then Susie, who flew under the radar, then Sugar, the sweet strategist, and finally Matty, the physical threat who notes that good will prevail. Could one find something of interest in the sequence of their presentation? F5 = Kenny, F4 = Bob, F3 = Susie, F2 = Sugar, and F1 = Matty

If good prevails will Matty be our winner in a season that's been tooted as Good vs. Evil?

BUT, the final vidcap has them all in squares, with Kenny's picture placed on top? The sequence has Kenny mentioned first and then the last vidcap places his picture on top of the others...hmmm, will "evil" prevail and Kenny win?

Then we have the vidcaps for the promo for the finale, where, btw, we see Bob sporting his red bikini!

VO:Transcript:

Jeff Probst: What else can happen in a season filled with blindsides, fake idols...

Bob: That would fool me.

Jeff Probst: ...switches...

Jeff (at first tribal switch): Drop your buffs.

Jeff Probst: ...and more surprises than ever before.

Randy (reading note at second tribal switch): New tribes.

Jeff Probst: Find out in a special two hour season finale where one of these five people will become the sole survivor.

I suppose you could note the sequence the daws are in as well, in these vidcaps...Susie, Bob, Sugar, Matty, Kenny. Is it significant??

These vidcaps certainly don't give away ANYTHING, and kudos to the CBS editors this season, who have done a phenomenal job mixing it up and keeping us all in SUSPENSE! Kudos to Volcanic Glass at Survivor Phoenix as well for nailing the last couple of episode challenges and boots. Specifically, the F6 challenge sans the booted Corrine, as well as the infamous F5 walk at the F5 challenge...YOU ROCK!!!!!!

I couldn't go on any further with the little amount of information we have for the finale without consulting our resident experts in Veruca Salt's, The Players, the Game, the Editing Thread. The editing does tell a story each season and this season Jiffy has hit us over the head with it. The theme is good vs. evil and it is set in Earth's last Eden. There has been one character in particular that has alluded to good vs. evil the entire season long, and that is Matty. He pointed out to Sugar his assessments, and finally last episode, Sugar agreed. With the scene where Matty went to Sugar and told her that Ace was never gunning for her and had her back, she realized that Kenny had duped her. The star of David shined bright over head at the time with the sun shot, a scene we were meant to remember, perhaps. Placed in a tribe with terrible karma and misery, Matty constantly seemed to avoid the negativity with the editing. Is this positive light a good sign for Matty?

Bob, is another that has been deemed as one of the good ones, both by Matty and by Sugar. However, he was almost hidden in the pre-merge portion of the season. Since the merge his actions have come front and center, from his production of 2 false idols to his African safari, and finally to his challenge prowess. Could he be the winner? He notes that he is the luckiest man alive and he and his wife note that he is indeed a man of his word and he is there for the adventure of a lifetime, but is he there to win the million?

Kenny, on the other hand has weaseled his way to the F5. His story began with lies and deceipt when he duped Sugar to vote out Ace. It began with lies and it seems that is his main story. The "mastermind" and "best strategist" of all time, at least in his own mind. He has been edited as arrogant, controlling, petty, jealous, and immature. Evil personified? But, can he win?

Susie has really been disregarded in the editing with one exception. She was used as a pawn by Kenny and particularly Crystal to vote out Marcus, and thus start the demise of the onions. She told us frankly, that she JUST wanted to get to the F3...will she?

Sugar, the cupie pin-up doll, has been the most under-rated player in this game. By the players on her own tribe as well as the opposing tribe. She has dictated many of the boots and has hid behind the safety of the HII. She is "the player" of the season, I think, BUT, has she burned too many bridges? Clearly, Randy, Corrine, Charlie, Marcus will not vote for her, and what about Crystal? While deserving of the win, has she neglected to foster the feelings of the jurors?

Conclusions

Frankly, as Jiffy notes here, in his blog that all of them still have a shot to win and none are discounted. I, personally, think that Crystal may be right when she noted in her post-boot interviews that a male will win this season, either Bob, Kenny, or Matty. I think Susie and Sugar don't stand a chance with the vindictive jury. IF I am wrong, Sugar could possibly win, perhaps even deserves the win.

Here are my guesses:

F5 IC winner:

Now here is where it gets tricky for me. If Bob keeps the IN, then F5 is:

Kenny

But, if Bob gives his IN to another, say Sugar or Kenny, then our likely F5 is...

Bob

I think that our F4 is likely to be either Kenny or Bob, whichever one of them advances.

I think our F3 is:

Susie

Our F2 is likely...

Sugar

Leaving our sole Survivor as...

Matty, the real King of Gabon and Sole Survivor

*If Bob does give his IN away, Matty could indeed be toast at F4, but at this point I am leaning toward a Matty win...fwiw!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone, and enjoy the show!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale dabo 12-13-08 1
 RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale sylvester 12-13-08 2
 RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale billsmith_1972 12-14-08 3
 RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale bkkpom 12-14-08 4
 RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale chillicrab2 12-14-08 5
   RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale ginger0226 12-14-08 6
   RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale Scarlett O Hara 12-14-08 8
 Thank you all for the wonderful spo... DedilyFlea 12-14-08 7
   RE: Thank you all for the wonderful... suzzee 12-14-08 10
 RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale CTgirl 12-14-08 9
 RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale suzzee 12-14-08 11
 RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale Scarlett O Hara 12-14-08 12
   RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale michel 12-14-08 14
   RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale Flowerpower 12-14-08 15
 RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale michel 12-14-08 13
 RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale Brownroach 12-14-08 16
 RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale whoami 12-14-08 17
 RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale emydi 12-14-08 18
 RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale Outfrontgirl 12-14-08 19
   RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale EmeraldBrooch 12-14-08 20
       RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale Outfrontgirl 12-14-08 21
           RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale Outfrontgirl 12-14-08 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-08, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
Excellent job, FP, on the most difficult SOTS of a difficult season. I still don't see how no-story Matty beats out no-story Susie in the end, but it's been a wild ride, thanks for tackling the tough one.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-13-08, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
Great job as always FP!

Thank you so much, this is the toughest week of a really tough season!

I can't remember there ever being a season of Survivor when none of us really had a clue what was going to happen in the finale.

I would be happy with a Matty win, but I don't think it's going to happen. I'd be happy with a Sugar win, but I don't think it's going to happen. I do love me some Bob, so that would be great too. Please, just don't let it be Kenny!

-Cat

billsmith_1972 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-14-08, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail billsmith_1972 Click to send private message to billsmith_1972 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
I think Bob or Matty will be gone next whoever doesn't win immunity.

kenny is perceived as damaged goods right now.

The only way Sugar has a chance is to bring Kenny and Susie.
Although I still think Kenny has a chance against Sugar because she has made a lot of enemies in the jury.

They are all smart enough not to bring Bob to the final three because he will win it all if it happens although it seems Sugar is playing more on emotion.

I think Susie is guaranteed a spot in the final three because she is not a threat to win.

bkkpom 10 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-08, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bkkpom Click to send private message to bkkpom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
Great SOTS! Thank you so much Flowerpower and everyone who did the SOTS and contributed to other threads throughout the season. You guys are awesome. Surely not an easy job with all the surprising turns of events happened in the game. I love it when we the spoilers are wrong though. All in all, it's a very fun and satisfying season for me.

chillicrab2 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-14-08, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chillicrab2 Click to send private message to chillicrab2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
Fine analysis FlowerPower.

Have been lurking and enjoying the analysis from all of you (often enjoy that more than the actual show). Gave up posting after Tina won, came back to post during the season when wanted K O'brien to win but V won instead.

Not sure where to post this and hope that maybe one of you can find it and see if the clip is significant. There was a "unseen" video on "popwatch" that had Matty saying that he heard some wild animal the night before, and Sugar was inside the hut sleeping and he was outside. He also said that the camp had become so quiet after the others have left.
Have been trying to find that clip again but was unable to locate it. Wanted to rewatch it to see if it was taken or shown earlier. It did seem insinuate that there were only the two of them, Adam(Matty) & Eve(Sugar) left in Eden on the final night.

Was hoping for a Bob win, but looks like will be disappointed.

ginger0226 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-14-08, 03:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger0226 Click to send private message to ginger0226 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-08 AT 03:18 AM (EST)

that is the "secret scene video" from the entertainment weekly website. I think this happens when Bob, Kenny, and Crystal are on the reward and Susie is at Exile non-island. That left just Matty and Sugar alone in the camp overnight.

you can find it at www.ew.com after both Jiffy's blog post, or Dalton Ross' column

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-14-08, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-08 AT 08:36 AM (EST)

Welcome back, chillicrab! What you said about Adam (Matty) and Eve (Sugar) would certainly go along with what Marcus told us earlier about there not being two Adams in Eden.

DedilyFlea 15 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-08, 05:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DedilyFlea Click to send private message to DedilyFlea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Thank you all for the wonderful spoiling"
All of you truly make Survivor so interesting. I tried to go spoiler free last year and didn't enjoy the show nearly as much!!

You all are the best!!

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-08, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Thank you all for the wonderful spoiling"
Hi & welcome DedilyFlea! I think we all went spoiler free and it did make it interesting to have speculation untainted if you will. Although I've been wrong more then right on everything it has been fun to guess and try to figure things out.

Agman camouflaged me for S17

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-08, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
Great job FloPo on this week's SOTS. I agree with you on how you think it will go down. I would love to see Bob win, but he is too much of a threat and would have to win and keep immunity from here until the finals. Sugar probably deserves to win because she has kept those Survivors on their toes and mixed things up, but her immature behavior has kept her from making points with the jury. Matty on the other hand might not have many friends on the jury, but he doesn't have any enemies there either.

Dash Away by Agman - bobbled by Tribe

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-08, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
FloPo, great job on this I enjoyed reading.

From you sots,

Could one find something of interest in the sequence of their presentation? F5 = Kenny, F4 = Bob, F3 = Susie, F2 = Sugar, and F1 = Matty

Oh oh, you might as well eliminate this order, that's how I think it will be (my track record has been awful on guessing).

I want it to be is Bob winning though. I think Bob will get the fan favorite this season so I think he will win in a sense. He is the luckiest man in Gabon.

Certifiable Guest at Tribe’s Lodge

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-14-08, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
Great SOTS FloPo in a short timeframe with not a lot to go on.

I agree that Matty is indeed our winner. Someone in this thread noted that he was not "shown" to be playing much of a game. I would have to respectfully disagree with that. On the contrary, Matty was featured front and center each week in a positive light. Let's take a trip down Memory Lane ...

Remember in Episode one when they started out with the race to the top of the hill. Jiffy asked us then "What will there strategy be? To act selfishly and sprint to the top for themselves (Marcus) or act selflessly and help their whole tribe make it to the top (Matty). Matty stayed behind in that race to help Crystal up the hill ...

Matty ended up on the Fang tribe. Unlike the Onions, a well-oiled group who worked together to achieve victory, the Fangs were a rag tag group of individuals who couldn't get along and were'nt able to work together. They seemed destined for failure and a pagonging...

In the episode 3 vidcaps, we are shown this series of pictures together. First, we see ...

Followed by ...

This is particularly telling to me. I wonder if this is our Final 3?

In Episode 4, the Survivors had to rate each other from most valuable tribe member to least valuable tribe member. Who was the MVP for the Fang tribe?

It was Matty ...

In Episode 5, it was Matty who first saw the elephant across the river and alerted his tribe ...

In Episode 6, Matty was featured front and center in the challenges ...

Episode 7 showed Matty making his promise to Ace ...

It was in Episode 8 where we first saw the lone bird, followed by Matty in cofessional confiding to us about his relief over the Ace boot and that he was able to keep his promise of not voting him out.

Matty was also shown with the Star of David as he broke the news to Sugar that Ace was never out to get her, but rather her greatest ally.

When Episode 8 showed Randy as the "King of Gabon", it showed Matty front and center with the Survivor men ...

and, finally, when he was most vulnerable, Matty finally won an Immunity challenge ...

... and stayed in the game.

In Episode 9, we are shown Corrine AND Matty's reaction to the Marcus boot ...

... and Matty shushing Randy at the challenge ...

In Ep. 10 we see the lone bird in flight ...

and Matty ...

In Ep. 11, Matty has come to realize what is most important in his life and offers a ..

to his girlfriend.

In Ep. 12, Matty is shown pleading his case to Sugar and pointing out that Kenny and Crystal are the "evil" ones ...

Next, we are shown Matty blindfolded trying to find his way in the challenge ...

This to me is symbolic -- he must put blind faith in Sugar to help him find his way in the game ... will it pan out?

Of course it will and the vidcaps tell us this ...

In our last commercial pre-Finale, we hear about the F-5. First we are shown Kenny, the video-gamer. Next we see Bob, the Immunity Challenge-hog. Then it's Susie, flying under the radar. Next, it's Sugar, the strategist. And finally it's Matty, the physical threat ...

with his words ... "Good will prevail"

As Jeff has told us in his blog, they have shown us the winner all season long and if you take note of who has been front and center in each and every episode promo throughout the season, you will see that it is none other than Matty who was featured each week.

For the good v. evil theme to play out, I'm thinking that Kenny has to make it to F - 3. Therefore, I predict the boot order to be:

F-5: Bob (he gives his Immunity Necklace to Kenny because he is a man of his word and he knows that Kenny is the target)

F-4: Sugar

F-3: Susie ~ Matty ~ Kenny

Susie will have achieved her goal. Remember when Randy told us that the Jury will vote for the one that they hate the least?

Sole Survivor: Matty because Good will prevail!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-08, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
Very well done, Scarlett. This should have been in the editing thread.
All I'll add is that we heard Jeff tell Fang when they were at their lowest that they would have to "dig deep."
Matty won the last tribal immunity, saving himself, by digging deep to earn his miracle.
In episode #11, Matty told us that "if we dig deep inside, we'll find gold.
Then, last Thursday, Matt wondered if he could dig and find the power to finish. It all seemed to go together.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-08, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
Well done, Scarlett, and what a phenomenal job you have done with this pictorial vantage point of Matty. Like, and in edition to the editing of the show, the promos certainly tell the story as well. Having chosen Matty as winner, I tend to agree with this take. Maybe next season we should have a thread on the story told via the vidcaps and see who is the shining thread throughout...

Matty has indeed stayed positive amidst a very down and out group and has always seemed to have the inspirational confessionals. He has made reference to "good and bad" the entire season and far and above any of the others.

I like the spec as Kenny in with the F3 as it does signify that he made it to the end and indeed came a long, long way from the shy, quiet observer in the beginning. Also, symbolic of the "rat" or evil end of the spectrum.

Great job!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-08, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
Thank you for doing the final SOTS, FP. Great job and I agree with you on everything except Bob giving immunity to either Kenny or Sugar:
- Sugar really opened Bob's eyes about Kenny when she told our professor that the rat wanted to "Erik" him.
- Sugar wouldn't need immunity.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-08, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
Great SOTS, FP! Thanks to all the SOTS writers this season.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-14-08, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
Thanks for the SOTS flower. It has been a very hard season to spoil.
I remember reading in a good book the "Bible" about the garden of Edan and it seemed to me that evil won that battle because they (good) were cast out (because of evil) of Eden. I hope this does not mean Kenny will win.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-08, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
Thanks twins!! You two have spoiling in your blood!!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-08, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
Thank you so much Flowerpower for a great SOTS ... I dunno whether good will prevail but you certainly have kept the standard high for Survivor Blows!

Another shoutout to Scarlett for the super SOTS last week (which I read and had had to run off and failed to praise) and this fabulous Matty compilation.

I do think Bob cannot be the winner because even though he was important in Ep 1, he just never narrated or told us what was in his head for most of the pre-merge. His story began when he started to have to play. Ditto only less for Susie.

Sugar, Matty, and Kenny have been followed from Ep 1. For example, we were shown Kenny and Michelle even though it never went anywhere, same with Kenny and Kelly.

While I have felt for a couple weeks that Matty/Sugar/Susie would make F3, and there is no reason for a Susie boot, it is possible that Kenny/Sugar/Matty could face off at the final TC, which would be interesting.

I think Bob is the guy to win the F5 maze challenge, though, and Kenny should go, because Matty and Susie will vote together against him, surely. It would be very interesting though if Sugar decided Susie is unworthy and offered her vote to Bob/Kenny, but I kind of doubt it.

At F4, another shock would be if either Matty or Bob survived without immunity.
But what if neither of them has immunity? Then the swing vote to avoid a tie might be Sugar, having to choose between Bob and Matty, both threats.

Well, I dunno ... but I think Matty WhiteBird Whitmore will win, because the Angry 4 have nothing specific against him. Like Danni, Matty was never in power calling the shots; he was always just trying not to be eliminated.

Lastly, it's pretty clear that Jeff's blog comments say that of the 5, he is happy if either of three win, who must I think be Matty, Bob, or Sugar, and two that he'll pretend to be happy, which are Susie or Kenny. What I wonder is if it was even a worry to him by the end. For that to be so, I think it would have to be Sugar, Susie, Kenny -- the only scenario where one of his non-favorites could win.

EmeraldBrooch 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-14-08, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EmeraldBrooch Click to send private message to EmeraldBrooch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-08 AT 05:32 PM (EST)

Because I have a feeling things won't go as we may hope or plan ...

Kenny's story has always had him alongside a girl. Wouldn't a Sugar vs Kenny F2 be a way to end his story and provide an interesting tribal council? Both have found a way to control their spot in the game, and I'm unsure how the jury would vote with Bob able to provide a little influence at Ponderosa.

I guess I'm just different ... I don't want Matty to win. That would be too boring to me. His character was blah, and I think I would have reacted like Crystal to his whining about writing down names.

12-14-08, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
You aren't alone. I don't care about Matty either; he bores me. However, Probst has made it clear he really likes Matty, and the editors have tried to make me like him, so if I don't care it's not because they haven't tried to work me.

I think the editing has been negative towards Kenny, and very positive towards Sugar.

PS. Someone IRL just told me that if The Possum wins he'll never watch the show again. (i.e. Susie). LOL

12-14-08, 06:02 PM (EST)
22. "RE: S17 SOTS Season Finale"
Things that make me go hmmm ... Kenny in front alone.

"Better to reign in Hell with the kool kids than to make nice in Heaven with mutants." I think Corinne said that.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •