The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-08, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
Thanks SFever...

Promo Transcript

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor, there's a new leader in Africa...

Randy: <hippo call>

Jeff: ...and they call him, Randy.

Randy: I am king of Gabon. I'm sorry, but I rule. This ocean, it's mine. All those Fang and Kota members, they know the power is shifting. I'm king. Cheers. Whewwwwww! (as he goes skinny dipping).

**Early note: If I were to pick a boot clearly with the OFG Theory it sure would be Dandy Randy at this point...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... michel 10-31-08 1
   RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... Outfrontgirl 10-31-08 2
       RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... Outfrontgirl 10-31-08 4
 RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... Outfrontgirl 10-31-08 3
 RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... dabo 10-31-08 5
 RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... Bebo 10-31-08 6
   RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... dabo 10-31-08 7
       RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... Bebo 10-31-08 8
           RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... KLicK 11-01-08 9
 RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... suzzee 11-01-08 10
   RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... vince3 11-01-08 11
   RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... Outfrontgirl 11-01-08 12
 RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... Flowerpower 11-02-08 13
   RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... suzzee 11-02-08 14
   RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... michel 11-02-08 15
   RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... suzzee 11-02-08 16
       RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... michel 11-02-08 17
           RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... suzzee 11-02-08 18
   Randy at newnuFang Flowerpower 11-02-08 19
       RE: Randy at newnuFang michel 11-02-08 20
           RE: Randy at newnuFang Flowerpower 11-03-08 21
               RE: Randy at newnuFang michel 11-03-08 29
           RE: Randy at newnuFang Brownroach 11-03-08 24
               RE: Randy at newnuFang television 11-03-08 34
       RE: Randy at newnuFang Outfrontgirl 11-03-08 26
           RE: Randy at newnuFang Brownroach 11-03-08 27
               RE: Randy at newnuFang Outfrontgirl 11-03-08 28
                   RE: Randy at newnuFang Brownroach 11-03-08 30
                       RE: Randy at newnuFang Outfrontgirl 11-03-08 31
                       RE: Randy at newnuFang michel 11-03-08 32
                           RE: Randy at newnuFang Outfrontgirl 11-03-08 33
                           RE: Randy at newnuFang CTgirl 11-03-08 35
                               RE: Randy at newnuFang Bebo 11-03-08 36
                                   RE: Randy at newnuFang Outfrontgirl 11-04-08 37
                                       RE: Randy at newnuFang michel 11-04-08 38
                                           RE: Randy at newnuFang Brownroach 11-04-08 43
           this week's bootie b1whois 11-04-08 40
   RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... byoffer 11-03-08 22
       RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... b1whois 11-03-08 25
 Latest promo Flowerpower 11-03-08 23
   RE: Latest promo - slight change Bebo 11-04-08 42
 RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... Outfrontgirl 11-04-08 39
   RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... suzzee 11-04-08 41
 RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps... dabo 11-04-08 44
 Quick promo Bebo 11-04-08 45
   completely unexpected? b1whois 11-04-08 46
       RE: completely unexpected? Outfrontgirl 11-05-08 48
 Another promo... Flowerpower 11-05-08 47
   RE: Another promo... Outfrontgirl 11-05-08 49
       RE: Another promo... Flowerpower 11-05-08 50

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-08, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
Well, there will be more promos so other players will have a chance to be featured. If it was a merge, Crystal could target Randy or Sugar's idol could get him but we see the old buffs.

So, without a merge, why would Marcus, Corinne and Charlie want to vote him out? Granted, Randy could do a "Shii Ann" and get caught while having alliance talks with Matty. Or Kenny could tell Marcus that Randy talked to Matty! But Fang would still have to win IC and look at the tribe they have left!

At this point, I still think Randy's edit spells end game so the editors could simply be using him for amusement.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-08, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
Re michel's comment, I found this vidcap from last week interesting and was going to point it out but got sidetracked ...

The only way I see Marcus making it to the end is some serious immunity or HII action. Unlike Aras, he has no Terry to shield him.

Still, if the theme is good vs evil, there should be someone at the end who isn't a cutthroat bitch or a Hatch redux. Actually, Hatch was never mean and nasty. He was condescending and conceited, but I never thought he was evil - very entertaining really, more so than Randy who seems pretty crude.

10-31-08, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
PS. I should stop thinking of Marcus and Charlie as the good. Clearly Jiffy doesn't like them, and Dan didn't think Marcus was good at all, rather young, immature and tainted by associating with Corinne. (reminds me of Aras a bit)

10-31-08, 06:39 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
Given that the vidcaps just prior to this show Randy skinnydipping,
I'm hoping for Kenny's sake that's not the reason they cut this shot off where they did ...

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-08, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."

Yellow and red buffs.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-08, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
Looking at those vidcaps, I think it's Suzie's time to go. It looks like Corrine is pushing her to the middle for a farewell toast from Randy, the way the caps are ordered.

She'd also be a logical target. Her story's done, and she's the outsider in her tribe who doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut. Corrine wants her gone. Randy was talking about getting rid of her last time, and so he could get his way without upsetting his alliance or making them think he was rocking the boat. Suzie's the most likely nuKota to go back to Fang, so there would be little complaint from the other Kota in sending her away.

We've also got episode 9's title, which reeks of Randy to me.

10-31-08, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
If it is a Thailand nonmerge then New Fang still has to beat New Kota for immunity in order to send New Kota to TC.

10-31-08, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
With a 2 person advantage, would Kota throw a challenge to get rid of the person of which the group is least certain? Take advantage of the opportunity to get rid of her before she could jump ship? Given how well they played the last vote, using her as insurance if Dan did have the idol, it is definitely possible.

Getting rid of Suzie is as good as getting rid of a Fang at this point. They're still up one, and even if the tribes stayed unmerged for another round, they still have a target in Bob. Plus, if Randy still thinks he has some ins with the Fang tribe, then he'll want to get rid of the person definitely not on his side - Suzie - and leave his possibilities open.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kota threw the IC if it turns out not to be a merge.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-01-08, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
It appears we either have a serious buff-o-matic color changer in editing, or there's another switch.

Corinne w/red buff on arm

Ken with Kota yellow.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-08, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-08 AT 06:05 PM (EST)

Survivor Fever has some press images all captioned Episode 8, Mayan Sun over at Sucks says this on another tribal switch:

Fang: Sugar, Charlie, Corinne, Matty + Randy or Crystal

Kota: Kenny, Marcus, Susie, Bob + Randy or Crystal

Corrine & Charlie

Matty, red buff on his left arm (I think anyway)

If it's true and it looks like Corrine & Kenny have new buffs,(see KLicK's post#9) Charlie seen in a picture with Corrine in her red buff that looks like back at camp shots so Charlie & Marcus are going to be separated for a bit. If Kota 3.0 loses Marcus could be in some trouble if he's with this new incarnation. They've never switched tribes more then once in a season have they?

from Jeff's blog "Next week we finally pull one over on this group of Survivors. A small victory, but it felt so good that I want to brag about it early. I think you'll love it and you will shake your head in amazement at the "never happened before" moment that occurs as a result.

Certifiable Guest at Tribe’s Lodge

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-08, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
Maybe this is a cross between the Fiji and Thailand twists at the 10 point.......

In Thailand, they had them both go to one camp, but they competed as tribes for a couple more cycles.

In Fiji, they went to Exile and merged, then when they went to the IC, they had to draw for teams, and the losing team instantly went to TC.

This time: They bring them to a neutral coastal area, give them booze so they'll think it's the merge, but provide them no new buffs. When asked about it, Jiffy goes something like: "I'm glad you asked, this year we've had schoolyard picks, the second of which had a ranking beforehand, this time you're gonna draw for tribes. The IC will be for Tribal Immunity again! Also, you will return to your appropriate camps afterwards......"

11-01-08, 07:51 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
In ASS, there was a swap the episode prior to merge. Remember even though it was random draw, Amber was the only one who got switched.

That was the second swaplike twist, as they had already had a redistribution in the game when they dissolved the yellow tribe after it lost the challenge, the tribe that had Ethan, Jerri, Jenna, Rupert divvied up in the pick em.

11-02-08, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
New promo, thanks to SFever...

Promo Transcript:

Announcer: The Survivors think it's a merge. They think they know the game but what's in this box will shock everyone.

Now, thanks to SFever, here is the PIP promo, note no voiceover...

As, KLick noted, yes, indeed there is a big twist, swap. It is spelled out for us in these promos.

The tribes probably receive tree mail and are led to believe that there will indeed be a merger, as Corrine and Marcus celebrate with the tree mail at camp Kota and the announcer tells us so...Announcer: The Survivors think it's a merge. They think they know the game but what's in this box will shock everyone.

Next, there is a feast, where they all gather and indeed celebrate with lots of food and spirits, and they all skinny dip and have a wonderful time, Randy is feeling like king of Gabon, blah, blah, blah and then BAM....at the end of the feast, when they open the mysterious box, there is a swap, and NO merger. They all draw new buffs out of the bag....

We see that nunuFang is: Corrine, Charlie, Matty, Sugar
We see that nunuKota is: Marcus, Crystal, Ken, Bob, Susie

Frankly, I can not see where Randy is. I would guess that he is at nunuKota, as they previously had 6 and Fang only had 4. Now, Matty and Sugar and Charlie are sure focused in on ALOT, as is Crystal and Marcus.

We see glimpses of the IC, surely an ENDURANCE challenge, with focus on Marcus, Charlie, Crystal, and Charlie...probably one of these is the WINNER of the challenge, or rather the last man/woman standing. The challenge sure looks individual to me. Is this individual or group? Could it be the last tribe member standing for the tribe wins it for the tribe? With the tribal colors behind these competitors, my guess that it is group.

But, what is this...

...BLUE in the pic, here? Isn't blue supposed to be the merge color?

Corrine, Marcus, Charlie, Crystal, Matty and Sugar are highlighted in these promos...no sighting of the highlighted Randy from the first preview promo, here. Early thoughts, one of Marcus, Charlie, Crystal, Matty, or Sugar.

Most likely if Kota goes it will be Marcus...I think Susie would reattach to Crystal and Ken in a second....but WHERE is Randy? I think Randy will stick with Marcus and Bob and target Crystal. Susie becomes the ever valuable swing vote....will she be swayed by Randy and Marcus, or Ken and Crystal?

If Fang goes to TC, will they target Sugar to force her to play the idol? Matty is pivotal here. Or, Sugar could go with her old Kota tribe members and easily vote out Matty, OR, Matty, Charlie, and Corrine could all vote for her, and if she does'nt play her idol, she would be out.

11-02-08, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
We've been seeing a blue pendant between the yellow & red ones at many of the challenges all season. It very well may be the merge color but seeing it again isn't necessarily the merge challenge. IMO they may let things play out for a bit with these newly formed tribes. What fun!

Agman camouflaged me for S17

11-02-08, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
Thanks for bringing us these FP. It does all depend on where Randy is, doesn't it? And isn't this Randy's shirt that we see to the right of Corinne in the following cap?

The challenge could be tribal if it is the cumulative time of each player that counts as in Thailand. For that, you'd need equal number of participants. Why divide the tribes 6 and 4 and have two players sit out instead of 5 and 5 and having everyone play? Especially since, like in A$$, this new division is probably only for this episode.

11-02-08, 04:55 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
SPhoenix has the new tribes like this:

Newest Kota: Bob, Crystal, Ken, Marcus, Susie

Newest Fang: Charlie, Corinne, Matty, Randy, Sugar

The words that pop up when you hover over the picture:

Coming on strong with a great big smile and with teeth as sharp as a crocodile.

Randy came to mind first when I read that, he's more croc than hippo I'm thinking.

11-02-08, 06:06 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-08 AT 06:13 PM (EST)

"Coming on strong with a great big smile and with teeth as sharp as a crocodile."

Where did you get that quote? I'm thinking that it applies to Corinne or sugar much more than Randy.

11-02-08, 06:41 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-08 AT 06:59 PM (EST)

The quote was on the picture (of the new nu teams) when you held the cursor over it. Oh it could apply to the girls, especially with Corrine's toothy smile now that you said that.

11-02-08, 09:44 PM (EST)
19. "Randy at newnuFang"
So, VG at Survivor Phoenix has the tribes:

newnuFang: Sugar, Charlie, Corrine, Matty, and Randy
newnuKota: Marcus, Crystal, Kenny, Bob, and Susie

The vidcaps seem to highlight Randy in the premiere promo, then Charlie, Sugar, Corrine, Crystal, and Marcus

If the new Fangs go to TC, Sugar could realign with old Kota and get Matty out, BUT, if Randy is over at Fang, I wander if he will try and save Matty...?? Could they try and pull a fast one over on Sugar and get her to feel secure enough not to use the idol, and then all vote for her?

I could see Charlie and Corrine wanting to save Marcus by throwing a challenge, but I don't know about Randy/Sugar/Matty?

If newnuKota goes to TC, I could indeed see Marcus or Bob as the boot...interesting!

11-02-08, 10:21 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
Susie is suddenly the swing vote at Kota. Ken and Bob are probably safe since the bigger players would be targeted first. Susie herself could be "Dollied" if she hesitates.

It was a bad time to do a Plan Voodoo and use Susie as bait for the idol! Marcus and Bob will have convincing to do but remember Bob shared his plate of food with Susie and they sat next to each other in the chopper.

If Fang goes to TC, Corinne and Charlie appear safe since they have either Randy or Sugar to use. I think Corinne and Randy are much closer than we've been shown since she went to him first with news about Susie.

Could Randy or Matty fall victim to Sugar's idol? She finds Randy mean so she could vote against him but who knows what will Matty say to her once they return to camp. He could really lay into her since he knows Ace saved Sugar.

11-03-08, 09:51 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
Great thoughts there, michel. Clearly, Susie is the swing vote, but that's what is so scarry...she really does seem to be very flighty and who knows which way she could go. I would think as she and Bob are the older ones that they would relate more to each other....they are also the only parents over there....

Interesting thoughts regarding Randy. He certainly is the highlight of the preview video. I could see his demise this week. Clearly, Matty is at serious risk as well.

So, with vidcap clues, while I know we should'nt cross any of them off the list completely, not after the season we have had! But, of those daws featured in the promos...Randy, Matty, Sugar, Corrine, Charlie, Marcus, Crystal, you seem to put Charlie, Corrine, and Crystal on the back burner.

Boot candidates: Randy, Matty, Sugar, Marcus

Being the loyalist that I am, I would personally love to see Sugar get the ax...after rewatching last weeks episode, she really deserves it, imo. While she kept referring to him as the biggest snake in the game, I never felt he was disloyal to her...

11-03-08, 07:13 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
FP, I didn't put Crystal on the back-burner at all. She is seen in the second promo and in KotaV3.0 she'd be Marcus and Bob's target if they can get Susie on board.
My top 3 boot candidates are Crystal, Randy, Marcus but Matty, Sugar and Susie could also go! And I have the SOTS to write. Yikes!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-08, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
It was a bad time to do a Plan Voodoo and use Susie as bait for the idol!

I thought so too. They only needed one vote (Dan's) to go to Susie, so I couldn't see why they would split them 4/3 unless there really was a faction that wanted Susie gone first. I thought perhaps Charlie talked Corinne into voting for Dan at the last minute.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

television 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-03-08, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
No, I think they explained in the show. They were worried that, if Dan had the idol, he'd tell Susie and get her on his side to vote, say, Marcus. Then, the votes would be 6 Dan, 2 Marcus, Marcus goes. So they split them 4 Dan, 2 Susie, so even if there were 2 votes Marcus (or whoever), it'd still be a tie and the revote would see Susie gone. I think they were a bit paranoid to think Dan would even possibly have the idol, but it makes sense to take the step they did.

11-03-08, 05:51 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
newnuFang: Sugar, Charlie, Corrine, Matty, and Randy
newnuKota: Marcus, Crystal, Kenny, Bob, and Susie

I think web teaser #3
-One castaway takes the game into his own hands and lets the power go to his head

clearly applies to Randy given Jeff's huge focus on King Randy in the preview.
Now what we've been shown is Randy going to town at the fake merge feast,
BUT
this is the last teaser, which typically covers the end of episode boot strategizing (or chaos, depending on the episode).

To me, this teaser tells us RANDY goes to TC, either because he took the game into his own hands and threw the challenge so he would have the power to control who is leaving ... which could be, or he could have enlisted Corrinne and Charlie to help so that Marcus won't be toast.

Because Marcus is very much a target if nuKota goes. Without individual immunity, Marcus toast. And we do see Marcus sweating it, but that is probably post swap and pre-IC if indeed Randy is on nuFang as VG says and clue 3 is about Randy and end of episode.

Then of the possible boots with Randy running the show, at least in his own mind --

Sugar, Charlie, Corrine, Matty, and Randy

we can eliminate Corrinne, who is Randy's new evil twin
While he could turn on Charlie, it would just alienate Marcus and it's a little soon to turn on allies when everyone is split up.

While Randy could decide to abandon the Onion alliance, I don't see it because he likes Corrinne and doesn't like Sugar, and he and Matty wouldn't have the numbers even if he wanted to switch up and go with Matty, which I doubt.

More likely, Randy keeps his numbers and directs Corrine and Charlie how to vote

SUGAR or MATTY?

Sugar - Randy has no use for, other than looks, and she has the idol. Otherwise harmless, no real allies now.

Matty - clear immunity threat, needs to go.

Ideal outcome that would require some strategizing - flush out the idol AND boot Matty.

As it would be very simple to boot Matty in a 3-2 vote, not sure this fits the clue, although it might if the clue refers to throwing the challenge.

A trickier strategy would be to arrange for Sugar to hear that she's the target, making her nervous enough to play the idol, and then vote Matty. Sometimes with flushing out the idol, the goal is to get that person out of the game - as it would have been with Yul if they could have done it, as it was with James. That applies when a powerful person holds the idol.

In this case, a weak player holds the idol, so the only important thing is to make her play the idol. Whether she goes home is irrelevant. However, there has to be some plan to counteract her vote, or get her to vote against the alternate target. And what if she and Matty vote together?

Wouldn't Sugar almost certainly vote against Randy of the 3 Onions? I think so, so Randy is at risk if he targets Sugar.

Randy only controls three votes and Sugar will most likely target Randy, and it will take at least 2 votes to send anyone home without a tie, and 2 votes to neutralize Sugar's vote, 3 votes to neutralize if Sugar and Matty vote together.

Even though the Onion's could unite in a re-vote in event of a tie, the most obvious thing to do is for them ALL to vote against Matty and hope Sugar plays the idol.

11-03-08, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
One castaway takes the game into his own hands and lets the power go to his head

This clue has a definite negative spin to it; there is no question mark about *if* the power goes to the person's head, it *does* go to the person's head. Between that and the previews I am wondering if Randy may get the "showcase" treatment and then get voted out at the end.

Is it conceivable that Corinne and Charlie would vote for Randy? Randy is still on the fringe of the Onion Alliance and they might prefer to pull in Sugar instead (this is good time to be on the HII holder's side). And Randy may start his plotting while they are at the feast, before they find out there is no merge.

Storyline-wise Randy would be my pick to leave from the people on that tribe (although the editing has been so clumsy in general I hesitate to trust it). I don't think Matty is done yet, though it's possible he is getting a variation of the Rory/Anthony edit -- the hapless person who never quite lucks into a solid situation and leaves midway through.

11-03-08, 06:50 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
The thing is, I think Corinne and Randy are tight. We saw that in their conversation about Susie. Corinne knows she is a beeyotch, according to Jeff, and it would be a natural for her to gravitate towards someone who has the bluntness to alienate people.

She never did like Sugar, IIRC.
Anyhow, I don't see her and Charlie reaching out to Sugar to replace Randy in the Onion alliance, unless somehow she agrees to give them the idol.

The thing about Matty is, he's a perfect target. He's the classic potential immunity hog that everyone wants to get rid of before the merge. What could Randy have done to supersede that?

Randy doesn't like Crystal or Kenny, or Susie, or Bob, so what would Corinne and Charlie be afraid he would do if he got on the merged tribe? And Charlie knows this game. He knows that Randy makes a good goat if you do end up with him.

"goes to his head" might refer to nothing more than the decision to throw a challenge, which is almost always edited as hubris in recent Survivors (although it was edited as funny and smart back when Silas was booted after a swap).

Either that or Randy makes the mistake of thinking he can control Sugar/Matty's votes and that bounces back on him.

Hatch let a lot of stuff go to his head in S1, but in spite of his uber-cockiness he still won.

11-03-08, 07:50 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
Corinne knows she is a beeyotch, according to Jeff, and it would be a natural for her to gravitate towards someone who has the bluntness to alienate people.

Well, Susie was pretty blunt and alienating and Corinne was none too happy with her. I don't recall Corinne disliking Sugar though.

But next week's Ep title suggests Randy may still be there so we'll see. On the other hand Matty is the only person who, to me, is getting a "good" edit so if he leaves, Jeff's "theme" goes down the tubes. Not that I think it was really there to begin with...

11-03-08, 08:31 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
I think next week's title suggests either Randy or Kenny, if the episode is a self-titled description.

If it's a comment made by someone saying so-and-so is the brains behind it all, the object of the title could have more candidates. Marcus, for one.

Another context for the title could be "he (or she) THINKS he's the brains behind it all." This could be Randy or Kenny, or possibly Marcus, or even Corinne or Charlie, from the roles we've seen taken so far.

I agree that Matty shows promise of sticking around from Jeff's comments and the theme. Although I don't particularly see Matty as "good." Like Dan, he is earnestly trying to win challenges. He is a victim of bad tribe placement. Hi is not shown as a particularly skillful player. But if "good" is defined as hearkening back to S1, then good was epitomized by Gretchen, the merge victim. After that, I don't think anyone was sympathetic as "good" except maybe Colleen, and she was pretty sarcastic even though she was a "sweetheart."

The bit about Gretchen's demise as the definitive moment of evil triumphing over good comes from the Survivor book written by Burnett about S1.

11-03-08, 08:36 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
BR, there was something between Corinne and Sugar in week 2. Remember that Bob wasn't to sure about Ace wanting to keep Sugar so he talked with Corinne who told him: "It will definitely be Paloma then Sugar..."

Regarding the "Good People" I think that, besides Matty, we also have Sugar, Bob, Chalrie and Marcus so Matty could go.

11-03-08, 09:12 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
thank you MIchel, I was just reading that playing catchup in the editing topic and took note of it, and then this comment in Ep 3 by VS:

Corrine (conf) “Getting rid of Paloma, whatever, that can be done later; you wanna get rid of Ace earlier before he gains momentum before the merge, that’s more important…it’s hard to say. I dislike so many people on this damn tribe (Ace, Sugar are shown) it’s a toss up”

Whether Corinne dislikes Sugar as much without Ace around to manipulate her, is to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if Corinne is one of those women who doesn't care much for sisterhood, nor would she mind if all the other women in the game were voted out.

Also from the editing thread, michel wrote after Ep 1:

With the introductions over, one has to consider that Dan, Sugar, Susie, Paloma, Kelly, Jacquie, Gillian and Michelle didn’t have a confessional. As the main character, the winner is usually introduced in the first chapter. By the way there’s 7 women in that group, two of which are already snuffed!

I have not caught up beyond Ep 3 on the editing thread, so don't know if he's come back to that, but in hindsight we see how well that observation held up:

Sugar and Susie the only one left on that list!
I remember well from Fiji that everyone who did not get confessionals in the into period of Ep 1 did not make jury. GC and Ace as characters did get confessional spots even though pre-jury, but this is something to remember about Sugar and Susie perhaps.

Sugar COULD go this week if Randy is overconfident enough to test the idol holder and she thinks he won't.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-08, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
Regarding the good versus evil story line, we should remember that you often say that Survivor is a story in two acts: pre and post merge.

The premerge good versus evil story is Ace and Sugar. It would be apropos if Sugar went this week! (Jeff also hinted during his narrating the IC that Sugar started off well but then she had nothing. She boots Ace and then has no game?) I'm not saying that Sugar is the definate boot this week, but it would wrap up her story and the big premerge story at the same time.

The post-merge good versus evil story is only just getting started. Corinne and Randy are "evil," but the other key players aren't as defined yet. I'd also put Kenny in the possible good side. Even though he lied to Sugar, Sugar was the snake.

11-03-08, 10:55 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
Another point about Sugar having no game - she pointed out in one of her many exile stays that she has not had the chance to build relationships since she spends so much time alone there. We have only been shown one alliance for her, and she just voted that guy out. I doubt she's long for this game.

11-04-08, 00:00 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
Quite possibly her end is near. OTOH she would only have been building relationships with a tribe doomed to extinction ... and Crystal was never going to like her anyway.

it seems to me a better game to avoid being booted (having a form of immunity), and go into the post-merge as a physically weak player not allied to a big target like Ace. Gives her a chance to build relationships with her old Kota tribe.

Would she have been better off if they merged this week, and Ace and she were joined at the hip, and Ace had played her idol? Not so sure.

If she does go this week, it's under one condition only, because she thinks she can get by without playing the idol. She needs to play it. Her fate this week is entirely under her own control. If she doesn't protect herself, another jumbo sized blunder. No hype on that so far ...

If she plays the idol and they merge, Sugar should be all right for a bit. Without the idol or Ace, she isn't an important target, is she?

11-04-08, 00:44 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-08 AT 00:45 AM (EST)

"Gives her a chance to build relationships with her old Kota tribe."

You mean like this?

Doesn't this look like a wedding picture? Adam and Eve living happily in Eden until... Maybe she "left" Ace for Marcus! That would give Sugar a bit more story!

You're right OFG, there isn't any mention of an idol blunder or an idol bounce so it must not come into play this week but it will have to soon if we are going to see people make mistakes.

11-04-08, 01:23 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Randy at newnuFang"
Marcus gave Sugar the second immunity last week so this may be her "thank you for saving me" kiss (trying to pretend she doesn't have the idol?).

I don't really sense Sugar as a boot candidate this week. (But I haven't gotten any boots right since Paloma, so that doesn't mean much )

b1whois 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-04-08, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail b1whois Click to send private message to b1whois Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "this week's bootie"
i think several of our players may start thinking about the jury, as this looks like the last chance to keep someone off of it. this thinking should drive the choices of marcus, charlie, randy, corrine and possibly ken.

the thinking that could send crystal home: marcus feels that he would not get her vote in many scenarios so he drives the vote on his tribe against her.

these new tribal makeups really make me more confident in my results from the insider analysis since my runner up for going home was randy with other possibilities being bob, corrine and suzzee. i dont see randy being targeted by any of charlie, corrine or matty. bob and suzzee are looking very safe over at their new tribe and corrine should not be in any danger in her tribe either.
the ones that could be in trouble on their new tribes are marcus and ken, or sugar (several insider clips have featured the idea that randy can deliver matty's vote, so there is no reason for charlie and corrine to target him.) all three of these fell into the least-likely-to-go-home category from the insider analysis....although sugar was kind of a judgement call....

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-08, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
I think that it is a team challenge. When they go to individual challenges, each competitor usually gets their own colour. In this case we still just see the yellow and red. I think each individual competitor has to hold up the aparatus as long as possible, but that it is total team time that will decide the winning tribe.

I will use the tribes as nunuFang is: Corrine, Charlie, Matty, Sugar, Randy
nunuKota is: Marcus, Crystal, Ken, Bob, Susie

nunuFang would seem much stronger for an endurance challenge than nunuKota, since Corrine, Charlie, Sugar and Randy have all been eating regularly.

I agree that Suzie is the swing vote, but think that she will Dolly-waffle and get voted out 4-1.

11-03-08, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail b1whois Click to send private message to b1whois Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
could it be that each team has one immunity necklace that the players of that tribe compete for? that would mean two tribals again, which does not sound likely....

11-03-08, 10:54 AM (EST)
23. "Latest promo"
Thanks to SFever!

Announcer: The Survivors think it's a merge. They think they know the game but what's in this box will shock everyone.

Marcus: This is me crumbling up my playbook and throwing it out the window.

*I'd say this is looking pretty ominous for Matty...

11-04-08, 12:19 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Latest promo - slight change"
Just saw a slight variation on this during The Price is Right. At the beginning of the promo, Matty is shown saying, "You don't want to be thrown out of the Garden of Eden".

Sounds like that's exactly what happens to him.

11-04-08, 01:04 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-08 AT 01:06 AM (EST)

Bringing this down to the bottom of the topic.

I didn't see anyone quote the source of VG's hint:

The song is Why Trust You by Alice Cooper
Album: Trash (1989)

You come on strong with a great big smile
But your teeth are as sharp as a crocodile
You promise me the moon and the stars and the sun
But you never did nothin'for anyone

Can't look me in the face or straight in the eye
I'd buy the movie rights for your alibi
I wonder how low you will go
I wonder how high your head will blow

You're psychopathic liar
Your soul is on fire
You're bluffin'with nothin'
While the stakes are gettin'higher

Why trust you
You never made a dream come true
Why trust you
Give me one good reason, one good reason why

You come to me all teary-eyed
With your big tall tale way up to the sky
Begging on your knees for another chance
But everybody knows that's a song and a dance

There used to be a time when you were the best
You had the fastest tongue in the west
Ya gave a look and a line like nobody else
You'd try to sell the Bible to the devil, Himself

You sadistic little liar
You're walking on the wire
you're bluffin'up with nothin'
And the bills are gettin'higher

Why trust you
Why trust you
Give me one good reason, one good reason why
Trust you

The noose is getting tighter
Your face is turning whiter
You can stuff it up your muffin and go stick it in the fire

Why trust you
Why trust you, give me one good reason, one good reason
Why trust you, you never made a dream come true
Why trust you, give me one good reason, one good reason
Why trust you, why trust you
Why trust you, why trust you
Why trust you

Thoughts?

Someone is making promises they have no intention of keeping

The person singing the song imagines this Bible seller to the devil being caught in a noose and hanging, near the end of the song.

I wonder if this refers to Randy being hoisted by his own petard.

Either that or he backstabs someone.
Depends on whether the full theme of the song which includes a nasty fate for the liar applies to what happens, or whether the message from VG is generally about someone who is untrustworthy.

This part sounds like Sugar to me, but most of it sounds like Randy:

You come to me all teary-eyed
With your big tall tale way up to the sky
Begging on your knees for another chance
But everybody knows that's a song and a dance

11-04-08, 08:57 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
I'm thinking Randy as well, although Corrine with her big "crocodile smile" comes to mind. We haven't seen much of her wheeling & dealing but she has referred to the "plan" as being her plan. As for the Onion alliance, don't onions make you cry when they're cut apart, as they will be this week.

I wonder if we're going to see more of her this coming episode and how the AC lyrics fit.

BTW I saw Alice Cooper a couple months ago (took my son >snort<)he was still one of the best acts I'd ever seen. Pretty good for an old guy"!

11-04-08, 02:20 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Ep 8 Vidcaps..."
Just tacking this on, the graphic analysis from SPhoenix:

11-04-08, 05:31 PM (EST)
45. "Quick promo"
Just saw this short promo:

Announcer: Merge, or something completely unexpected? New Survivor, Thursday.

After showing the food with the word "MERGE", there was a shot or Corinne dancing, then a closeup of Ken, and a shot of Sugar.

11-04-08, 06:16 PM (EST)
46. "completely unexpected?"
i had these wild thoughts last night that i was not going to mention, but they do fall in the category of completely unexpected.

a fake "fake merge". after their feast they are divided into the new "teams" and told to go to their respective camps. the next day they show up for the IC and find out is for II and that the two "teams" will come together in one tribal council to vote together. jeff would say "what, i told you yesterday that it was a merge, just cause you are divided into separate camps does not change that." he loves to do that kinda stuff. after the vote the one tribe would return to their assigned camps. the buffs just determine which camp the player is at, but they are indeed merged. CRAZY, i know!

11-05-08, 04:37 PM (EST)
48. "RE: completely unexpected?"
I love that you're thinking out of the box.

The thing about the buffs though, is they show tribal identity. They are very symbolic. Tribal identity is huge in this game. For people to wear tribal buffs of old tribes when actually they are merged, would be a huge surprise but for me it would rank as another jump the shark milestone in Survivor.

When they merge, they get new buffs, and so it should continue!

They do know this, but the presence of the box probably makes them believe buffs and flag are waiting there.

Let us not then suspect our happy state left so imperfect by the Maker wise, as not secure to single or combined.
Frail is our happiness if this be so, and Eden were no Eden thus exposed." ~ John Milton, Paradise Lost, IX

11-05-08, 03:55 PM (EST)
47. "Another promo..."
Thanks Survivor Fever:

Promo Transcript:

Matty: Nobody wants to be thrown out of Eden.

Announcer: They think it's a merge. They think they know the game.

Randy: I am the new king of Gabon. But nothing is what it appears to be.

Matty: Ace was covering you the whole time, he never was gunning for you.

Sugar: I know. I feel awful that I got rid of Ace.

Announcer: And what's in this box...

Randy: It says, "Do not open..."

Announcer: Will shock everyone.

Marcus: This is me crumpling up my playbook and throwing it out the window.

11-05-08, 04:45 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Another promo..."
Thank you! FP ..

We see Marcus, Charlie, Corinne doing a happy dance in their own camp ...

so presumably whatever tree mail told them they interpreted as great news, most likely they do take it as merge. Instructions to go somewhere?
If a choice is posed here, they seem to think it's a no-brainer, at least they don't look conflicted at all.

Let us not then suspect our happy state left so imperfect by the Maker wise, as not secure to single or combined.
Frail is our happiness if this be so, and Eden were no Eden thus exposed." ~ John Milton, Paradise Lost, IX

11-05-08, 07:01 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Another promo..."
No doubt about it, OFG. They get tree mail and probably conclude that the merge is imminent and there will be FOOD!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •