The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-29-08, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-08 AT 09:22 AM (EST)

It all depends on the Pin-up Girl

Welcome friends to another SOTS at Reality TV World. We are here to collectively try and spoil EPMB’s Survivor series, one episode at a time! Please feel free to join
in on the never ending quest with your insights, your observations, and especially with your speculation. It’s our collective opinions, right or wrong, that we like to put to
the test. Please take the time to stop by and read our guidelines, they have kept this site running smoothly and make it such a great place to hang out!

Before starting I just want to defend this post noting that it is a very last minute assignment...take it for what it is, keeping the SOTS afloat with no volunteers....now go here and volunteer for a turn at the SOTS, WE NEED YOU! Last week, we were able to definitively narrow down the boot to Sugar or Kelly. Scarlett made a great case for a Sugar boot, but we were fooled by the treacherous, EPMB, with his use of bold print over Sugar, "Biggest Blunder", as well as the use of "trust me" as Ace's face flashed before us on the screen...clearly, the editors are desparate to make him the biggest villain EVER. I thought last weeks promos were the biggest red herring in Survivor promo history...regardless, Kelly was a prime boot candidate and was definately on our radar the entire time.

So, let's get down to what we inevitably need to uncover...who will it be this week?

CBS Misdirection Clues

This week Brownroach gives us the
CBS Misdirection clues.

1. Tensions rise at Fang when one castaway is careless with the tribe's rice supply. As the OFG2 theory notes, that the first clue is likely to occur earlier in the show. This could be drama at the FANG camp leading up to their dire straights prior to the RC...build up that they indeed need a win! ETA I also wanted to add that I think this must be Crystal. Who knows this clue could lead to a boot story. Ken, Ace, Matty have all commented on the dire rice straits at Fang, Crystal has not really. I don't think Sugar would be playing around the rice...Most likely this is Crystal.

2. The tribes compete in a cutthroat round of a childhood game in an effort to win a lavish reward. Well, here is the RC. We know that the childhood game in question is keep away or monkey in the middle...

See Dan in the middle, and then Bob is in the middle.

3. Surprise letters from home bring even the toughest castaways to tears.

As this clue comes after the RC clue, we can deduce that the letters are part of the "lavish" reward. We all KNOW who will win the RC, the KOTA tribe. We know this because we have this picture from the press release:

Why it's Sugar from the FANG tribe, back on EI...in order for her to get there this week she must have been picked by the winning tribe of the RC, the KOTA tribe.

4. A shocking twist is revealed that gives one castaway the chance to change the game for the opposing tribe.

First of all, we have to take any and all expletives that CBS throws at us with a large grain of salt...clearly, this will not be a shocking twist. But, it will indeed be a twist. One that gives one a chance to change the game for the opposing tribe. The consensus at Blows is that this is a recycled twist from Vanuatu when there is an individual immunity challenge that gives immunity at their own TC, but also enables them to attend the TC of the other tribe and before the vote, get to bestow the IN on one there. Thus, 2 will get immunity, one will earn it, and then later get to give it to another.

5. A nail-biting challenge ensues when the tribes learn that they'll be battling for individual immunity and will both vote out one of their own at two separate Tribal Councils. When they show up for the IC, Jiffy tells them that the challenge is individual and here's what you are playing for...

Then, he tells them that each tribe will be going to TC, and each tribe will indeed lose one of their own members...here's how they react...

Here is the nail biting challenge, it's another recycled challenge from the first A$$, the ole log rolling challenge. Here are some of the pairs...

Susie vs. Randy

Marcus vs. Charlie

Sugar vs. Kenny

Ace vs. Marcus

So, who is most likely to win? CTGirl speculates that the vidcaps of the challenge show that first the tribes must have an inter-tribal competition leading to one winner for both tribes, who must then go on to challenge each other. Thus, we see Ace vs. Marcus, which could be the final competition. This leads us to speculate that either Ace or Marcus will be the IC winner.

Many are thinking that Matty, the surfer-boy, will handily win this challenge on the log roll. In the preview promo his name is never mentioned as a target, nor is Randy or Charlie's. We can speculate that the one of the daws whose name is not mentioned as a target on the preview vidcaps is likely to include the IC winner...

Vidcaps

This week the vidcaps were brought to us by Brownroach. Interesting that the preview vidcaps show NO Crystal whatsoever...

Brownroach speculates here that these vidcaps of Sugar and Ken in the preview vidcaps seen discussing blindsinding Ace...

Ken <talking to Sugar>: Blindside Ace?
Sugar: Blindside Ace.

...could have been footage from last week when they discussed the very same prospect...regardless, there is ALOT of scrambling and prospects at both camps.

With the next press release, we see the RC with the "Keep Away", as well as Sugar at EI. We also get our first glimpse of the IC and the log roll challenge.

With the next promos we get script in bold lettering

2 will be going home.

Personally, here's how I see this week panning out...

RC: Kota
IC: Most likely Matty, could be Marcus or Ace
Boot: Crystal from Fang, and Dan from Kota...

here is the proof...the number "2" stamped over the picture, 2 are going home...

ADIOS, Crystal and Dan!

***Of course it "all depends on the pin-up girl, but if Dan is somehow awarded the IN, then clearly it will be Susie. I don't see how anyone but Crystal could possibly be going home at Fang.

Don't forget to check out these INCREDIBLE threads by Veruca Salt and Georgianna. The Editing Thread and the incredible Signs of Survival Thread are real highlights on our boards.

Lastly, don't forget to visit dabo and go and VOTE.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... Scarlett O Hara 10-29-08 1
 RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... Brownroach 10-29-08 2
   RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... Flowerpower 10-29-08 3
       RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... Brownroach 10-29-08 4
 RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... CTgirl 10-29-08 5
 RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... b1whois 10-29-08 6
   RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... b1whois 10-29-08 8
 RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... michel 10-29-08 7
 RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... whoami 10-29-08 9
 RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... kingfish 10-30-08 10
 RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... redbeard103152 10-30-08 11
 RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... Outfrontgirl 10-30-08 12
   RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... Outfrontgirl 10-30-08 13
       RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... michel 10-30-08 14
           RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... RudyRules 10-30-08 15
           RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... Flowerpower 10-30-08 16
               RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pi... Outfrontgirl 10-30-08 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-29-08, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
Nice job, FloPo!! Nice pinch-hitting for us in an 11th hour SOTS presentation! Thanks for picking up our slack and keeping the SOTS afloat for one more week.

I think your final picture says it all! Goodbye Crystal + Dan -- two more original Fangs will bite the dust this week!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-08, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
Great SOTS, FloPo! Though I disagree with some of your conclusions.

I want to point out there is an item that for some reason was missing from some of the clue postings, including where I took them from. I can't seem to access the clues on CBS, but both Bebo and VolcanicGlass at Phoenix posted this one in addition to the other five:

Paranoia prompts one castaway to scramble for an alliance, alienating his tribe in the process.

Seems to be referring to Dan at Kota.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

10-29-08, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
OMG! BR, thanks so much...totally forgot about that one! I agree, Dan is the scrambler...

Just curious regarding what points that you disagree with, who knows, I could be swayed!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-08, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
I don't think Matty can be the immunity winner, I think the final round is the one between Ace and Marcus.

I'm also skeptical about Dan leaving. He certainly could, but I feel like he's being pushed on us too much.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-08, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
Flo Po what a nice surprise to find a SOTS for this week. Thanks for pinch-hitting.

A great job as always!

I think Ace or Marcus wins immunity (leaning towards Ace) but I agree that time is up for Crystal and Dan.

Creeped out by Tribe with help from Icecat

b1whois 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-29-08, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail b1whois Click to send private message to b1whois Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
can anybody guess why three fang members are shown in the first keep-away scene against dan?

it is also interesting how the "ring" is set up. it looks like there are two posts roped together in the middle with the rope extending on a diagonal to the outer edge of a large rectangular roped off area. notice that in the second keep away shot there is a rope between matty and ken/bob. i am going to have to go back and look at all of these vidcaps again...

b1whois 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-29-08, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail b1whois Click to send private message to b1whois Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
okay, so i looked some more. there are two rings, one is red and one is yellow. all the action we see is in the red ring. in one scene we see crytal, sugar and ace keeping the ball away from dan with suzie sitting out. in the second scene we see ken and matty keeping the ball away from bob. this is also a different match-up since we see crystal sitting out. finally we see a jump ball situation between bob and matty with charley sitting out. we dont see anything about kota keeping the ball away from fang...

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-08, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
Great SOTS, FloPo, you're the best!

Shocking twist indeed! There's been a double boot in almost every season since Vanuatu so how shocked could they have been. (Do you supposed they were told to act surprised?!!)

Dan and Crystal are the best bets but Ace and Susie wouldn't surprise me either. Fang SHOULD get rid of Ace but his edit has huge merge implications.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-29-08, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""

Great SOTS there Flower. You always seem to put it all together for us.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-08, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-08 AT 08:32 AM (EST)

THAT was last minute? FP, that was great. Very few would do as well with all the time in the world at their disposal.

Well done! You do your thong proud.

Am in awe.

Boo! I am the MOLE! I am here to taunt you! Boo!

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-30-08, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
Fantastic job again as usual FloPo. Your insight is always valued by me.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-08, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
Wow, I agree with all the rest of your fans, there is NOTHING that says last minute. You are a PRO at the SOTS and make it seem effortless. You are so good I think for your own sake you should not volunteer, as I can see why fewer would volunteer knowing you (and often the oh so talented Scarlett) are there to pinch hit.

But from a selfish perspective, I'm happy you step up!

This is so great and had me LMAO

>>>First of all, we have to take any and all expletives that CBS throws at us with a large grain of salt...clearly, this will not be a shocking twist. But, it will indeed be a twist.
Love the "recycled twist"!

Think of all the spoiling arguments we could have been saved over the years just abiding by this simple rule:
An acronym for this rule might be

Dismiss the Usual Hype or DUH !!!

Conclusions:
Well, I LOVE the photo of the 2 over Crystal and Dan, and think their time is come.
Those who count numbers and strategize (Randy, Charlie, Corinne, Marcus, for sure) must be thinking it's time for Dan to go before merge arrives, and his scramble to make a play against Marcus would seal it.

Kota has no need to boot Suzee for being weak. They win everything anyhow and she works hard, kind of like Lydia or Denise. I think Randy's comment on Suzee is misdirection, and Randy's thoughts are probably more like "Suzee has been floating along and doesn't deserve to stay, but Dan is a threat and needs to go."

As for the theory that Dan gets immunity, we have spent a lot of time thinking about who Ace or Matty would save. But a very simple solution would be that no Fang member gets the chance to save anyone, because Marcus wins.

That scramble from Dan COULD occur earlier in the episode, before IC, because Dan is just dumb enough about the game to get paranoid and talk strategy before it's necessary. Last week, we saw him talking post-merge strategy in front of everybody, which was dumb.

So if Marcus wins, who would he save?

And WHY is this episode titled as if it's all up to Sugar? Are there any numbers to support an idol flush out at this point? Isn't Crystal the obvious toast? Still not clear on this, but I think someone must have a "plan" on Fang that hinges on what Sugar does or doesn't do with the idol.

10-30-08, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-08 AT 03:43 PM (EST)

OK, went to SurvivorPhoenix looking for the deleted clue's position in the sequence

and may I say Survivor Phoenix layout is even more user-friendly and as elegant as ever this season, thank you VG!!

Here is the teaser list VG got from CBS before they deleted them:

Tensions rise at Fang when one castaway is careless with the tribe’s rice supply.
Paranoia prompts one castaway to scramble for an alliance, alienating his tribe in the process.
The tribes compete in a cutthroat round of a childhood game in an effort to win a lavish reward.
Surprise letters from home bring even the toughest castaways to tears.
A shocking twist is revealed that gives one castaway the chance to change the game for the opposing tribe.
A nail-biting challenge ensues when the tribes learn that they’ll be battling for individual immunity and will both vote out one of their own at two separate Tribal Councils.

See, the clue that screams DAN is prior to the RC. Which means that his mentioning Marcus as a target has ZIP to do with whether Marcus is vulnerable, because it's before the individual immunity is awarded.

Likewise, I think all conversations at Fang on who is vulnerable do not reflect the immunity, because they won't know who has it until they get to TC, if Marcus wins it.
Ed to bold the clues from Phoenix

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-08, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
"the clue that screams DAN is prior to the RC. Which means that his mentioning Marcus as a target has ZIP to do with whether Marcus is vulnerable, because it's before the individual immunity is awarded."

OFG, Did I ever tell you that you are brilliant?!! If I haven't before, I have now.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-08, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
That goes double for moi!

And FP... GREAT SOTS! You rock!

TP made this one!
"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

10-30-08, 07:15 PM (EST)
16. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-08 AT 07:16 PM (EST)

OFG, Did I ever tell you that you are brilliant?!! If I haven't before, I have now.

...ditto, I agree Michel! *WAVES* to Rudy!!!!!

10-30-08, 07:51 PM (EST)
17. "RE: SOTS: "It all depends on the Pin-up Girl""
*blushes*
OK, you guys are WAY too nice to me! (but how could I not enjoy it?)

Now watch the opposite happen.

I still can't get my brain around the relevance of the title quote.
It implies that Sugar's actions or non-actions are essential to the outcome, which wouldn't be the case with a straight 4-1 against Crystal.

We see Sugar tell Ace that's what's going down, but the only way her role in this becomes consequential that I can see is if

a) Sugar is duping Ace to blindside him (per preview with Kenny), and Kenny and Crystal are in the not great position of relying on her to pull through -- or worse, give Ace back the idol

or

b) Sugar was duped by, say, Matty and Kenny and the real plan in play is:

"Matty <in canoe talking to Ace>: Kenny, Crystal and I vote for Sugar."

which is an odd thing for Matty to tell Ace unless there's more to the plan, like that Ace and Sugar are to vote for Crystal, and unbeknownst to Sugar they are piling three votes on her to take the HII out of play one way or another.

Although why Ace would wish for that is unclear to me, there must be some reason Matty thinks he should talk to Ace about this. Matty pitches it as 3 votes for Sugar, NOT "let's blindside Sugar" -- which suggest that the other two votes are part of the plan and Ace needs to make sure they go as planned - presumably to Crystal.

I'm quite confused because of this title ... which maybe I should ignore (see DUH rule)

but if it's not complete BS, it should mean that there's a plan afoot to blindside Ace or Sugar -- although I think it goes wrong and Crystal exits.

Another possibility is that the whole plan is set up to flush out the idol, but Sugar gets immunity from, say, Marcus, and they have no idea what to do, so they vote Crystal.

The thing is that Kota has stated they want Sugar to play the idol, so it wouldn't make sense to give her immunity. Anyhow, Ace might have the immunity, as the blindside Ace scene could easily have been before the IC.

So what depends on Sugar? Guess we'll soon see!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •