The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 6 Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-17-08, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 6 Vidcaps"
Thanks to SFever

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...
Ace <confessional>: I just don't know who would be my potential Benedict Arnold.
Ace <to Matty>: Until the merge, you are on your word that you aren't going to stab me in the back?
Matty <confessional>: I've made a pact with Ace.
Ace: Deal?
Matty: Deal.
Sugar: Should I give you the idol?
Ace: If you want to give me the Idol that's up to you.
Ace <confessional>: This is going to be the start of a great run for me. I have complete supremacy.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Brownroach 10-17-08 1
   RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps michel 10-17-08 2
 RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Scarlett O Hara 10-17-08 3
   RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps emydi 10-17-08 4
       RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Scarlett O Hara 10-18-08 5
           RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps emydi 10-18-08 6
 New Promo michel 10-18-08 7
   RE: New Promo Flowerpower 10-19-08 8
 New Promo... Flowerpower 10-19-08 9
 RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Scarlett O Hara 10-19-08 10
   RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Bebo 10-19-08 11
       RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Flowerpower 10-19-08 12
           RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps emydi 10-19-08 13
               RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Brownroach 10-20-08 16
                   RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps emydi 10-20-08 17
                       RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Brownroach 10-20-08 19
                           RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps emydi 10-20-08 21
                               RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Brownroach 10-20-08 24
                       RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps michel 10-20-08 25
                           RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps emydi 10-20-08 27
                           RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Brownroach 10-21-08 35
                   RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Bebo 10-20-08 18
                       RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Brownroach 10-20-08 20
                           RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Bebo 10-20-08 22
                               RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Brownroach 10-20-08 23
                                   RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps emydi 10-20-08 26
                                       RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps michel 10-20-08 28
                                           RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps emydi 10-21-08 34
                                       RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Georjanna 10-20-08 29
                                           RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps michel 10-20-08 30
                                               RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Georjanna 10-20-08 31
                       RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps television 10-21-08 32
                           RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps CTgirl 10-21-08 33
                               RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Brownroach 10-21-08 36
                                   RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps dabo 10-21-08 37
                                       RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps byoffer 10-21-08 38
                                           RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Brownroach 10-21-08 39
                                               RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps dabo 10-21-08 45
                                   RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Flowerpower 10-22-08 46
                                       RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Brownroach 10-22-08 48
                                           RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps Flowerpower 10-22-08 49
 New promo from SurvivorFever SpotTheDifference 10-20-08 14
   RE: New promo from SurvivorFever michel 10-20-08 15
 15 Second Promo CTgirl 10-21-08 40
   RE: 15 Second Promo Brownroach 10-21-08 41
       Monday night promo Flowerpower 10-21-08 44
 Another Promo!! michel 10-21-08 42
   RE: Another Promo!! Scarlett O Hara 10-21-08 43
   RE: Another Promo!! Flowerpower 10-22-08 47

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-17-08, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
Sugar: Should I give you the idol?

Ace: If you want to give me the idol it's up to you, isn't it?

Sugar: So do you want me to give you the idol?

Ace: Do you want me to say I think you should give me the idol?

Sugar: If you want the idol, why don't you just say you want it?

Ace: I want the idol if you want to give it to me, but I don't want the idol if you don't want to give it to me. So do you want to give me the idol?

Sugar: If you think I should give you the idol, I don't want you to ask me if I want to give you the idol, just say you think I should give you the idol -- unless you think I don't want to give you the idol, then you shouldn't ask me anything.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-08, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
That's what you call Idle talk!

It isn't hard to see who is our OFG theory candidate!
It seems that Ace will reign supreme in Loser Lodge.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-17-08, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
The first thing I noticed in these vidcaps is the image of the snake shown just before Crystal (with Kelly). Crystal is in trouble this week.

Second thing I noticed was the elephant seen behind Ace. It is still busy working across the lake!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-08, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
ahem...I'm the animal imagery guru

10-18-08, 06:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
... looks up at Emydi ... waves

Where's your Animal Imagery Thread?!

10-18-08, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
I'm going to do it right now in VS thread

10-18-08, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "New Promo"
I don't have the vidcaps but the new Promo is sure to fuel the speculation:

Jeff: "Is it the biggest blunder Yet?"

Sugar to Ken: "I gave Ace the idol"

Ken: "What???"

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-08, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: New Promo"
Wow...this will definately shoot Sugar up a notch or two on the radar.

10-19-08, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "New Promo..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-08 AT 08:48 AM (EST)

Thanks to SFever:

Sugar <talking to Ken>: I gave Ace the idol.

Ken: What?

Announcer: Is this the biggest blunder in Survivor history?

Ace <talking to Sugar>: Trust me.

Announcer: Two extreme challenges test the castaways

Sugar telling Ken that she gave the idol to Ace? Perhaps it is his plan to draw the votes to Sugar and then he will give the idol back to her at reveal time? Will this plan backfire on HIM? Will it backfire on Sugar? Very interesting!

ETA: One thing is important to note here...in these vidcaps there is NO SIGN of CRYSTAL....very unlike CBS to hide their boot! So, perhaps she is not the boot

10-19-08, 08:44 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
We've got a puzzle to solve this week. SeeBS is telling us outright that Ace and Sugar will make the "Biggest Blunder" this week. This inspired me to go back and look at what they've written over previous vidcaps and this is what I found last week:

These vidcaps were in sequence with Crystal over Ace. Last week I wondered why the word "Do" was written over Crystal. She and the Fangs clearly lost the challenge last week. It was apparent that Ace did poorly in that challenge, so he got the "Die."

So why would CBS write "Do" over Crystal's picture, immediately followed by Ace with a "Die." I'm wondering if this is foreshadowing the events that will occur THIS WEEK?

Perhaps this is Ace's last episode? We clearly have seen a lot more of him this week and last and the vidcaps this week are featuring him prominently. We also hear him say "I will reign supreme..." This tells me that he most certainly will not.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-08, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-08 AT 09:22 AM (EST)

The biggest blunder could be Ace not playing the Idol to save himself. And how ironic that Sugar - the girl that has appeared to be in the palm of his hand - is the one who spells his doom.

- Sugar gives Ace the Idol.
- Sugar tells Ken she gave Ace the Idol. Why? So that they won't vote for her in trying to flush out the Idol.
- Ace makes deal with Matty.
- Emotional Crystal, after yet another challenge, leads Ace to believe that someone else (probably useless Kelly) is the target. After all, she had been quite vocal in granting GC's wish to leave, even though he was part of her alliance. And she's sick and tired of losing challenges...why would she get rid of the strongest guy they have left?
- Ace doesn't play the Idol and gets voted out. Or there's a 3-3 tie with Crystal, and when it comes down to the challenge, she is the one to Do...and he is the one to Die.

10-19-08, 10:09 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
Beebs: I like the way you are thinking. Try as I may, I just can not see how they don't have a tie this week. If Matty sticks with Ace/Sugar, it would be their three votes against the three votes of Crystal/Ken/Kelly. If Matty is Ace's "Benedict Arnold" and he votes with Crystal/Ken/Kelly, I think they would split their votes perhaps, 2 to Sugar, 2 to Ace? Then Ace/Sugar throw 2 votes somewhere and there is a tie between the one that doesn't play the idol of Ace and Sugar and say Cyrstal.

Either Ace takes the idol and Sugar opens her big mouth about it when she SHOULDN'T, or she is advertising that she gave the idol away on purpose. If she blabs it unbeknownst to Ace, then I think this could spell her demise. If she blabs it unbeknownst to Ace, and then Ace decides not to play it, it could somehow lead to his demise and Sugar becomes his "Benedict Arnold"...that would be ironic!

Should be a fun episode. Matty could be the Benedict Arnold and betray the plot to the old Fang's as well. This episode has the potential to be the pinnacle of the season!

10-19-08, 06:16 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
I can't remember his exact quote, but I thought Ace was asking who was going to be the Benedict Arnold to OldThong which would be good for him, not who would betray him. I think Ace is misdirection and Crystal is going this week, either by a tie with Ace playing the HI or even Kenny coming over to vote for her too...he sees the writing on the wall. Jiffy thinks a lot of Kenny and I have not seen a reason yet, so he may be more influential in part 2 of the game. I also think Matty's downfall will be Ace not the other way around, from editing anyway.

10-20-08, 03:31 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-08 AT 12:21 PM (EST)

I thought Ace was asking who was going to be the Benedict Arnold to OldThong which would be good for him, not who would betray him.

That's how I interpret it. Edited rest of paragraph: I think this is before Ace makes the pact with Matty; Matty is the one who turns into Ace's "Benedict Arnold."

I think Ace's plan may backfire, though. My guess right now is that Ken isn't going to play into it.

10-20-08, 04:30 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-08 AT 04:38 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-20-08 AT 04:34 PM (EST)

Then it could be poor Sugar. Could Ace try to get the HI from Sugar for later use and try to oust Sugar now. All the talk over in VS thread seems to point to Ace's betrayal of Sugar. Could it be this soon? If he's going to do it he has to do it before she's on the jury.

Sugar gives Ace the idol and Sugar tells Kenny this. Why? Presumably at Ace's request. This could be to help and protect Ace not Sugar.

Ace has to think Kenny is going to immediately tell Crystal and Kelly that Ace, and not Sugar, now has the HI.

Ace secretly hopes CKK vote for Sugar instead of him AND he actually won't play the HI, i.e., in the Fiji Edgardo boot, Ace'd be Alex but ACE WOULDN'T PLAY THE HI like Alex did.

However, he's relying on some people that aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. CKK (with GC see his exit interview) didn't try to out the idol last week by saying they'd vote for Sugar when they had the perfect time to do so with GC as a backup boot if Sugar actually played the HI.

But to ensure there is not a 3/3 tie btw Sugar and Crystal or Kelly, Ace would have to vote for Sugar himself. This would be a huge gamble on Ace's part bc CKK could vote for him then the vote would be 3 Ace, 2 Crystal or Kelly and 1 Sugar. How will he really know what CKK will do?

But if he stays with Matty and Sugar and votes Crystal or Kelly then it becomes a tie btw Sugar and Crystal or Kelly. Again what happens, revote or fire?

But it could backfire on Ace is if CKK actually votes Ace and he doesn't use the idol, but then it's a 3-3 tie btw Ace and Crystal or Kelly.

Again, what happens revote or fire? If it's a revote, couldn't Ace then play the HI? If not, wouldn't Ace be confident enough in his abilities to win this challenge?

And without a real promise from Kenny that he'll vote with MAS, then why would Sugar ever agree to give Ace the idol. It's protection in case of a tie. We keep getting bombarded with "I trust you" from Sugar to Ace. Foreshadowing's a biyotch.

I don't know if this post really makes any sense, but I'm thinking more and more that it may be SUGAR that goes this week. If Ace could pull that off and get the HI in the bargain, he'd definitely be the EVIL one.

10-20-08, 04:47 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-08 AT 04:49 PM (EST)

I do think Ace may be setting Sugar up to take a dive. So maybe this doesn't backfire on Ace.

Matty says he has a pact with Ace, but nothing about a three-way alliance that includes Sugar. So Ace may be telling Sugar and Matty different things. Suppose after Sugar tells Ken that she gave Ace the idol, Ken tells Matty. If Matty is unaware of that he may get suspicious of Ace. Matty and Ken may swing back to old Fang and vote Sugar out.

That seems most logical to me, actually. I don't think there is going to be a tie. Probst in his blog says how very dumb it was for Sugar to leave the idol in her bag for the others to find. In his earlier quote that FloPo posted in the Clues thread, he said “This (the idol) is the one thing that can keep you safe in the game and yet – if you're not careful – it’s the thing that will get you voted out the fastest.”

10-20-08, 05:05 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
Matty says he has a pact with Ace, but nothing about a three-way alliance that includes Sugar. So Ace may be telling Sugar and Matty different things. Suppose after Sugar tells Ken that she gave Ace the idol, Ken tells Matty. If Matty is unaware of that he may get suspicious of Ace. Matty and Ken may swing back to old Fang and vote Sugar out.

But if Bebo is on the right track, wouldn't it be better for Matty and Kenny to vote Ace along with Crystal and Kelly. If Kenny lies to Ace and says he'll go along with a Crystal boot then Ace would not play the HI. It would be a 4-2 Ace/Crystal vote and Ace is gone along with Sugar's HI in his bag.

I just don't think Matty has that kind of game and editing doesn't bear that out (btw, I think Matty's demise will also come at the hands of Ace). I'm leaning towards Sugar being screwed over now and possibly later Kenny the gamer being Ace's downfall post merge. I don't see Ace's story as being over yet.

10-20-08, 05:51 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
But if Matty votes for Ace and Ace uses the idol, Matty's pact with Ace is screwed. I don't think Matty would vote for Ace right after making a pact with him. Sugar may appear a less risky target to the others for this episode, imo.

But it's hard to figure out how these people think.

10-20-08, 06:21 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
"Again, what happens revote or fire? If it's a revote, couldn't Ace then play the HI? If not, wouldn't Ace be confident enough in his abilities to win this challenge?"

There isn't a fire challenge when there is a tie with 6 voters. The 4 players not involved in the tie have to revote. If the tie remains, those 4, and only those 4, pull a rock. The purple rock is still the best way to avoid ties.

The idol has to be played before the votes are read so, if the player with the idol is involved in the tie, I'm pretty sure he couldn't use it for the second vote: Votes have been read.

10-20-08, 07:41 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
Thanks michel I wasn't sure about ties. So there won't be one. So is Ace actually using Sugar to get Ken's ire up and start something?

10-21-08, 10:41 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
I don't know for sure, but I think a person holding the HII would be able to play it on a revote if they hadn't played it on the first vote. It would make sense to me, anyway.

10-20-08, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
My guess right now is that Ken isn't going to go for it.

Pulling from FloPo's Jiffy idol quote in the clues thread:

This is the one thing that can keep you safe in the game and yet – if you're not careful – it’s the thing that will get you voted out the fastest.

And here are reminders of the Jiffy player quotes:

Ace - You would expect him to be like a villain in a Bond movie who dies a horrible death at the end. It's almost like a blind arrogance, and he's really fun to watch.

Ken - Ken the gamer is one of my favorite people who has been on the show in a long time. He is convinced his gaming expertise is absolutely in line with what it takes to win

Jiffy talks about the Idol getting you voted out the fastest, which did not happen to Sugar - they didn't target her at their first chance - so I think it could happen to Ace. He would be dying the horrible death, and Ken making this sort of move could make him one of Jeff's favorites.

Benedict Arnold could have multiple meanings - Ace trying to get Matty (and Ken) to turn Benedict Arnold, and Ken betraying Ace by leading Ace to believe he's safe when he's not so he won't use the idol.

10-20-08, 04:54 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
Like minds -- I just pulled that quote from Jeff but I was zeroing in on if you're not careful -- Sugar was not careful to hide the idol and Jeff has also pointed that out in his blog.

10-20-08, 05:22 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
And we've heard Sugar say how her time at the Sugar Shack has kept her from building relationships. Is her conversation with Ken an attempt to start building, or just her running her mouth per Jiffy's statement on her? As far as the others are concerned (including Ace), she's just Ace's puppet.

I just keep going back to Ken being one of Jiffy's favorite people. So far, we haven't seen anything to justify it - on the contrary, Ken picked Kelly over Bob, which Jiffy questioned. How much time does Ken have left to make a positive move? His original tribe is outnumbered in the game, and the quitter leaving has neutralized the numerical advantage they have in their current tribe. The opposing alliance has the hidden immunity idol. Is this a case of Ken being yet another nice guy who thinks he's cut out for this game but isn't, or is he actually going to make something happen?

10-20-08, 05:41 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
I do think Ken is going to influence the outcome of this week's TC, whether it's Ace or Sugar who leaves. Ken is the person whose suspicions are aroused by the idol changing hands (at least to me, from the previews). I can't figure out exactly why Sugar would tell Ken that Ace has the HII, but I would assume that it is part of a plan and that she feels that Ken won't be voting for her.

We know that Matty makes a pact with Ace. If he voted against Ace and Ace bounced the vote by playing the HII, then Ace would know he can't trust Matty. I don't really see Matty making a move like that. But he would have no reason not to vote for Sugar, which would deprive Ace of his "puppet." So it may just be that Ken rallies everyone to get rid of Sugar this week since they didn't do it last time.

10-20-08, 07:38 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
I don't think Matty would make a move to oust Ace now either. If Matty tells Ace about Ken's push to get Sugar and Ace really has the HI now...he knows he can hold onto it and get rid of Sugar pre jury. Can you imagine the look on Sugar's face when Jiffy says "If anyone has the idol now's the time to play it" and Ace doesn't move! Can Sugar say "Play it!" This could be an interesting TC!

I also think Ken will be more of a "playa" post merge. Jiffy doesn't give that kind of praise to non players.

I was thinking about Sugar's edit and it reminds me of Jessica/Flicka's, a naive good person that is expendable by others.

10-20-08, 08:33 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-08 AT 08:52 PM (EST)

VERY interesting observation! There are some points in common BUT:
I saw Flica as a tourist, a happy camper that admitted not knowing how to play the game. There wasn't any growth in her story.

Sugar started off being afraid to go in the lake with her tribe now she indulges alone on EI. She said she didn't know how to play the game but was learning. She said she surprised herself by being stronger than she and others thought. Sugar isn't a tourist, an insignificant player, she's a sweetheart and they usually last a while. Has Sugar already reached the end of her story arc? I'm not sure.

Edited to answer: Can Sugar say "Play it!"
From players posting, I understand that they are under very strict orders to shut up the minute Jeff says: "Time to vote" and they can't talk until they return to camp.

That's why Rupert didn't yell at JFP until they got back to the beach. That was why Jeff was so surprised when Jason spoke up during Airai's TC where Michael was voted out.

10-21-08, 09:11 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
Ok then, Sugar could KICK Ace! That would be even better!

Sometimes I try to make the votes more complicated than they ever become. So, I don't know, I've been thinking about it and Kelly could be the EMOTIONAL one. That's focused on in the Press Release and we see her all over the latest vidcaps and she could be saying she wants to quit (cbs clue 3). So with OFG theories 1 and 2 and now b1 insider info about her being focused on negatively?

I don't think Ace's arc is done, and probably not Sugar's either (thanks michel). Crystal I think may be the misdirection. I just don't know how Kenny will figure into this week's game and vote, that's what is bothering me. He's going to have his most prominent role in the voting to date.

I still think Ace will be the downfall of Sugar and Matty.

So now I think I have it narrowed down to Kelly or Sugar.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-20-08, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-08 AT 09:47 PM (EST)

Sugar and Ace - the story - reminds me of Jennifer and Gregg - the story.

10-20-08, 09:52 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
Can you explain how?

From what I saw, Jennifer was practically ignored for most of the season so that we could fall in love with that season's sweetheart, Steph, despite the fact that poor Jenn kept getting her a$$ kicked.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-20-08, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-08 AT 11:41 PM (EST)

You are quick!

So I'll begin by pointing out that (with you in mind) I hastily edited my post to emphasize story ...

You are, of course, absolutely right about the dissimilarity of Jennifer's and Sugar's edits. But what I had in mind was the similarity of the portrayals of the exclusionary, two-against-the-world partnerships and of the relationship of those partnerships to the two Seasons' core Alliances.

Jennifer and Gregg (the partnership) lasted far into the Game. I think that Sugar and Ace (the partnership) will, too.

There is another glaring similarity: Two Blondes - Two Reptiles.

G

Edited, one last time (at 11:40 PM), to attempt to finally explain my impression ... coherently.

television 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-21-08, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
One thing that hasn't been mentioned... a lot of Jeff's talk about the idol being played this season focuses on paranoia, as the idol spreading fear. We already saw this with the Jacquie boot. There is also the talk of it being your downfall if you don't use it wisely.

What if Ace gets Sugar to give him the idol and then gets her to tell Ken that she gave it to him, thinking that if he's not flipped over, at least Sugar will be the target and he'll still have the idol? And then, Kenny and the others won't believe Sugar is telling the truth, and after a bout of paranoia, vote out Ace because they think Sugar's trying to get them to vote for her? This would send both Ace and the idol home, which I'm thinking should happen soon because Jeff also makes reference to players going to exile and stupidly taking comfort when they could be looking for the idol. Of course, this hasn't happened yet, since people suspect Sugar has it. So it wouldn't be a relevant comment until the idol was back in play, which needs to happen soon.

Of course, If the above situation happened, it would probably be a better idea to vote out Kelly, but who knows how these people think?

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-08, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
Good point about Jeff's reference that people going to exile take comfort instead of looking for the idol so we can assume that the idol does go back into play.

Too many people know that Sugar has the idol. What if they target Sugar, but Ace and Sugar think Ace is being targeted. Ace plays the idol in vain but Sugar goes home. (I'm not sure Fang is smart enough to pull this off though, lol!)

surfkitty sig shop 2007

10-21-08, 03:01 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
Something occurred to me --

In the past they've had an HII for each tribe. Suppose they already put another HII on Exile Island with a new set of clues right after Sugar found the first one. It hasn't occurred to Sugar to re-check the clues, she always just heads straight for the Sugar Shack...but maybe she could and should be looking for a second HII.

Could that be what Jeff is referring to? They wouldn't do something like that to the contestants, would they?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-08, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
Actually, given the amount of time she had at Exile the second time, she wouldn't need the clues unless it were buried or well concealed. She could easily have explored the entire place by now and know it like the back of her hand.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-08, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
I disagree with that. Even the first time she had to go around a lake, through a jungle, and then across a field to get to the quarry. And that just got her the first clue. Just because she has spent so much time at Exile doesn't mean she would have stumbled.

I do wonder if there could be another idol. I am thinking if I was her and sent back AGAIN, I might gamble to see if there was another. Although we know that having 2 HIIs isn't a guarantee of success!

10-21-08, 04:43 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-08 AT 05:02 PM (EST)

Yes, and even if she's wandering around the island she's not keeping an eye out for a second HII, and in all likelihood it *would* be concealed if there were one there.

But if she went back and looked at the clue one time, just to see if it had changed...if it did, that would tip her off.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-08, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
Given all that, Exile Island this time isn't actually an island. It is a relatively small region of space which the exilee isn't allowed to wander off of once he/she arrives there, until the time comes for the exilee to return to the game.

The second time Sugar was sent there it was for the duration of the episode cycle, she would then join whatever tribe lost that episode; she was basically there for three straight days alone, plenty of time to explore the whole area.

10-22-08, 08:13 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
In the past they've had an HII for each tribe.

Hi BR! I just don't know about this statement. Whenever they have had a "exile island" type of scenario they have only had one idol buried, each person, whether they are from either tribe, is given the successive clues in order. When Yul found the idol, that was it. If the idol is used, then a new idol is buried/hidden and a set of new clues are given.

There has only been an idol at BOTH camps for Fiji and for China. When the idols are hidden at camp, there are two in play at one time. But, when the idols are hidden at the remote area they like to call, Exile Island, then there is only one. Granted when the idol goes out of play, a new one is hidden.

...at least that's how I have understood it...

10-22-08, 10:54 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"
But they try to change it everytime, so I think it's possible, if unlikely. The reason I thought of it is because we see Sugar doing what Jeff described as "bad": going to EI and opting for the comfort instead of the clue. *We* think that makes sense because she already found the HII, but what if...

10-22-08, 03:26 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Ep 6 Vidcaps"

But they try to change it everytime, so I think it's possible

You are right, BR...I'm slow, but I eventually get there!

SpotTheDifference 949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-20-08, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "New promo from SurvivorFever"
Announcer: Thursday on Survivor, could two of the most difficult challenges ever cause someone to quit?

10-20-08, 07:08 AM (EST)
15. "RE: New promo from SurvivorFever"
It starts and ends with Kelly so she should be that "someone". Maybe they want her to quit!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-08, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "15 Second Promo"
There is now an expanded 15 second promo (to the promo in Post 9):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpvpyIba7EM&eurl=http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/index.php

It adds a voice-over, "Will the most losing tribe finally break their streak?" (No because...)

Then we see Crystal wiping a tear away and saying, "Don't mistake my tears for a sign of weakness."

And lastly a close-up of Kelly.

No vidcaps are posted yet on Survivor Fever or Survivor Phoenix.

So now we have Ace, Sugar, Crystal and Kelly all featured in one promo!

10-21-08, 06:00 PM (EST)
41. "RE: 15 Second Promo"
So I think this, from the other promo

Announcer: Thursday on Survivor, could two of the most difficult challenges ever cause someone to quit?

must be referring to Crystal who maybe in her emotional outburst says something like "I just can't take this anymore!" But then here she says "Don't mistake my tears for a sign of weakness."

I think the "quitting" is all hype, no one is going to say they want to quit this week.

10-21-08, 08:40 PM (EST)
44. "Monday night promo"
Over at SFever there is another promo,here is the vo:

Sugar: I gave Ace the Idol.

Announcer: Is this the biggest blunder in Survivor history?

Ace (to Sugar): Trust me.

Announcer: And will the most losing Survivor tribe ever finally break their streak?

Crystal: Don't mistake my tears as a sign of weakness...

...and then 2 shots of...

10-21-08, 08:29 PM (EST)
42. "Another Promo!!"
It shows Sugar saying the title quote about Ace and it shows Dan vbeing the one that overindulges with the food rations. Corinned is pissed! Do we add Dan to the list of suspects?

10-21-08, 08:34 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Another Promo!!"
Do we add Dan to the list of suspects?

No, but SeeBS is certainly building the case for his boot. We see why he will be chosen as the first NuKota Boot from Kota when and if they ever go back to Tribal Council. From this footage, I'm wondering if we can expect this to happen next week? We've already been shown why they'll keep Randy and Susie over Dan.

10-22-08, 10:00 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Another Promo!!"
Here is the exact VO:

Sugar: I gave Ace the Idol.

Announcer: Perfect strategy?...

Sugar: Ace is kind of a snake but he's my snake.

Announcer: ...or biggest blunder in Survivor history?

Ace (to Sugar): Trust me.

Announcer: And will the most losing Survivor tribe ever finally break their streak?

Crystal: Don't mistake my tears as a sign of weakness.

See the vidcaps at surivorfever

Here is Sugar as she is saying, He's a snake, but he's my snake....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •