The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S17 EP1: "Want to See the Elephant Dung?""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-08, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S17 EP1: "Want to See the Elephant Dung?""
Title according to anywho at sucks.
Episode Detail according to TVGuide.

CBS ~ 120 min. ~ 8pm
Survivor: Gabon ~ Earth's Last Eden
The 17th season begins with 18 castaways marooned in Gabon, Africa, and divided into two tribes. The first person is voted out at tribal council. Jeff Probst is the host.

Hmmm, still two hours but ... only one boot?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S17 EP1: "Want to See the Eleph... Brownroach 09-18-08 1
   RE: S17 EP1: "Want to See the Eleph... tribephyl 09-18-08 2
       RE: S17 EP1: "Want to See the Eleph... Brownroach 09-19-08 3
           RE: S17 EP1: "Want to See the Eleph... PepeLePew13 09-19-08 4
 Spoiler Alert! Scarlett O Hara 09-19-08 5
 RE: S17 EP1: "Want to See the Eleph... kircon 09-22-08 6
 Dalton Ross Article Flowerpower 09-24-08 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-08, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S17 EP1: "Want to See the Elephant Dung?""
The press release made it seem like they jammed the first two episodes together when they moved back the premiere date, since originally the premiere was supposed to be one hour:

CBS is moving the season premiere of SURVIVOR: GABON - EARTH'S LAST EDEN to Thursday, Sept. 25 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), marking the first-ever two-hour premiere for any edition of the long-running hit series.

The premiere of SURVIVOR: GABON - EARTH'S LAST EDEN was originally announced for Thursday, Sept. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

And in this thread flystorms also said we'd get Eps 1 and 2 on the first night:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7002.shtml

So there should be two boots. TV Guide may be using an outdated blurb.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-08, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S17 EP1: "Want to See the Elephant Dung?""
It would certainly seem more approriate to have two boots in that first episode and you are right, TVGuide isn't the "best above all others" for having correct info.
BUT tvguide has indeed been right before and flystorms, even though a valued poster, has no confirmation other than "heard from a friend in the know".
I have been checking other boards to keep up on this, researching various tv-listings to see if there's any difference, and so far... it still leaves me questioning whether the move was needed (I see CSI now has the open slot NOT BigBrother.) and whether it is truly going to be something the fans have been hoping for, for many seasons, a two hour "getting to know the contestants better" episode.

I feel like holding onto the dream that MB would extend the first three days is...after many seasons...futile, but I still hope.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-08, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S17 EP1: "Want to See the Elephant Dung?""
Did they have a 90-minute first ep once, or am I dreaming? I seem to remember the Amazon premiere as having been longer than usual.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-08, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S17 EP1: "Want to See the Elephant Dung?""
You remember correctly - not sure if it was the Amazon season or another one, but there indeed was a 90-minute opening. I also liked how they did it the first couple of seasons when there was a hour-long look at each of the contestants before launching into the season.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-19-08, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Spoiler Alert!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-08 AT 08:32 AM (EST)

Survivor Fever has uncovered some interesting vidcaps. First we see the season's Immunity Idol:

Next, we see it over at the Kota Camp:

Looks like Kota wins the first Immunity Challenge

Here is Tribal Council:

This means that the Fang (red) tribe will be the first to visit Jiffy at Tribal Council. One of these DAWS will be the first to be sent packing:

Crystal (black Olympic athelete from NC); It won't be her -- she's too much of a physical asset at this stage of the game, where it's important to win team challenges in the early game. But they do need to boot her pre-merge or early merge as she could be a real Challenge Hog in the end game. I think she will be a strong "alpha" woman a la Jolanda -- she did not get to be an Olmpic champion by flying under the radar and she may even challenge Dan for the Fang leadership position.

Dan (young lawyer from MA); ditto what I said about Crystal. Also, he's a lawyer so his tribe may not trust him but I think they will look to him to make the Leadership decisions in their tribe in the early game.

Danny "GC" (young black maintenance Super from OR); May make it to the merge -- he's athletic and a somewhat quiet personality. I think he'll get along and fly under the radar right thru to the merge.

Gillian (old nurse from SA); No way will she make it to the merge. She has to be an early boot as she will clearly be a physical liability for the physical team challenges. Her only chance is to make a strong alliance and be purposely carried to the end game by others.

Ken (very young Asian Pro video gamer from CA); I think he'll go far in this game. Although he is scrawny, he's also scrappy! Like GC, I think he'll get along and go far.

Matty (Young personal trainer from CA); he's got a sincere personality and his physical ability will carry him thru to the merge. I think he'll at least make it to the jury.

Michelle (Young Music Production Asst from CA); ditto what I said about Gillian -- she is physically, a weak link. She is this season's Courtney, but her "Todd" is on the other tribe. If she can't make an instant alliance, she will be out very early.

Randy (Middle-aged Videographer from MO); this guy's got a sassy mouth plus he's older -- two things that could add up to an early boot!

Susie (Middle-aged Hairdresser from IA). This mom is a talker -- she may end up like Lumber Tina and be the first boot if she's not careful. I predict her to go pre-merge.

All told, my money is on one of these four to be first boot: Gillian, Randy, Michelle or Susie. Am leaning toward Gillian Michelle.

Just my two cents.

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-22-08, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S17 EP1: "Want to See the Elephant Dung?""
I've been working on the SOTS and thinking about the title.

Don't they use dried elephant dung for "firewood".

Could it be that they are given flint but need to find dry dung for the fire?

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-08, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Dalton Ross Article"
Didn't know where to put this, so bringing it here...thanks to Survivor Fever...

Survivor: Gabon Promo Video Captures

Entertainment Weekly - Marooning and Exile

Airdate: 9.23.08

Video Captures >>

Dalton Ross: We are getting ready for the marooning of Survivor: Gabon. This is where it's all going to begin for Season 17. The contestants are going to start right down here. Probst is going to meet them and they're going to do a schoolyard pick 'em.

Jeff Probst: Okay, we're going to choose tribes. Each time you make a selection, you can choose a man or a woman, it doesn't matter but because we have 9 men and 9 women there are going to be uneven numbers of men and women on both tribes.

Dalton: Then, the challenge. They're going to have to run up this hill all the way through those flags. What's going to happen is the first tribe that makes it up is going to get this, big sack of rice. But, the first person from each tribe that makes it up is going to get that and that is immunity from the first Tribal Council. One for the Kota tribe and one for the Fang tribe. Personally if I were playing this game I'd want to be Fang tribe, all the way, much more of a badass name. What's going to be interesting to see is, does one person race up just by themselves to get that individual immunity or do they help their teammates to get up as a tribe to win that rice and maybe anything else that might be available to them. Could be a costly, costly decision if you make the wrong one.

Dalton: Hey here I am standing out at Exile, not Exile Island mind you but simply Exile. Now the twist this season is this: Contestants when they come to Exile have a choice. They can go and take part what is going to be called Earth's Last Eden, out there, in that hut on the water. If they do that they're going to get some special treats. I'm not exactly sure yet, they're still working it out, maybe some fruit, maybe some juice but if they do that then they can't search for the hidden immunity idol. The hidden immunity idol can be pretty damn easy to find so they have to make a choice. Go out there and enjoy the high living or look for the idol. Let's go check it out a little bit. This is day one of the game right now but they still have not finished the little Earth's last Eden out here. These guys are working furiously. A little crooked bridge here. Hope I don't fall in. Apparently there are some nice leeches in this water here. I'm at Exile and I'm a little excited. I don't want to jump to any conclusions but I think I've found the first hidden immunity idol. It was sitting right on the ground and if you look really closely you can see a little smiley face on it. So I'm pretty excited. Don't know if I'm going to use it or pass it off to someone but I think this really going to come in handy.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •