The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-01, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
Alright, people, here's the plan: We gotta pick the dangdumbest play out of each episode, at the end of the season we'll line all the dangdumbest moves from each episode up and decide which of those was the most dangdumbest of all! Yeah, I should have started this before ep 1, I just thought of it though:

So, we got some catching up to make here. Episodes 1 and 2, what do you think were the dangdumbest plays in each of those episodes?

My personal picks would be:
1. Boran dumping their water out on the way to camp.
2. Jessie taking such a whiney long dang time to drink the water she knew she dangwell needed to drink.

Your suggestions are wanted, we'll figure out how to determine which is the actual dangdumbest play in each ep by board consensus somehow.

SMILES ARE FREE.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All ... George Tirebiter 10-24-01 1
 RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All ... Jizzy 10-24-01 2
 RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All ... ItzLisa 10-24-01 3
   RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All ... NightScribe 10-24-01 4
       RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All ... Thrill Seeker 10-25-01 5
 State of the Gufu dabo 10-25-01 6
   RE: State of the Gufu JFK3674 10-25-01 7
       RE: State of the Gufu SkyRaider 10-26-01 10
           RE: State of the Gufu Dalton 10-26-01 15
 RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All ... Survivorerist 10-25-01 8
 RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All ... AddieRacer 10-26-01 9
   RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All ... SkyRaider 10-26-01 11
       RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All ... Bobbystareyes 10-26-01 13
           RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All ... Dalton 10-26-01 16
 RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All ... Wyld_Lynx 10-26-01 12
   RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All ... Lightmage81 10-26-01 14
 RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All ... Dalton 10-26-01 17
   RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All ... Dakota 10-26-01 18
 State of the Gufu II dabo 10-31-01 19
   RE: State of the Gufu II JFK3674 10-31-01 20
   So many stupid people, so few votes... anotherkim 10-31-01 21
       RE: So many stupid people, so few v... Dakota 10-31-01 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-24-01, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
GREAT idea, coonhead! But my first vote has to go to Clarence, for being so incredibly stupid that he thought he could really get away with stealing the extra food (if they hadn't called him on it, how ridiculous do you suppose he would've gotten about it?) Honestly, did he learn NOTHING from the Kel incident?

(And if Webster's hasn't added "gufu" to the dictionary--citing YOU as its originator--something is very wrong, indeed. Thank you for perpetuating what may be my favorite word of all time! )

GT

Jizzy 2053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-24-01, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jizzy Click to send private message to Jizzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
I think it was Clarence stealing the food. I mean, he actually looked around at the others when he double-dipped from the cherry can.....like they weren't going to notice. DUH! Perhaps he should have just pointed the opposite direction and yelled, "Hey..look at that over there!"

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-24-01, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
Dabs, awesome idea!!!

Ep. 1 - Clarence and BOTH food steals - duh!!!!
Ep. 2 - Frank and his BIIIIIG MOUTH!!!! Frank, alliances are supposed to be...a....SECRET!!!!!

HI, SILAS!!!

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-24-01, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
Great idea!

ep.1 -- Boran pouring out water on the way to their camp. Dehydration obviously has played a part in how they have performed. Or haven't performed, I should say.

ep.2 -- Frank letting Lindsey overhear him talking about the alliance. This will definitely come back on him later when the tribes merge and Lindsey, Kim P. or possible Brandon jump ship and help Boran pick off the geriatric alliance.

Fighting illiteracy by day
and writer's block by night

Thrill Seeker 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-25-01, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thrill%20Seeker Click to send private message to Thrill%20Seeker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
Since the obvious choices have already been stated, I'll come up with some new ones.

Episode 1: The Boran tribe for being so dumb as not to look in the emergency kit and see the telescope with a lens they could make a fire with (thereby wiping out Jessie with dehydration). Why didn't they take an inventory of all their equiptment immediately?

Episode 2: How about Lindsey saying that she thought it was going to be like a camping trip with friends? Not the smartest thing to say around a group of hungry, dehydrated, dirty strangers that could care less about you and just want to win a million dollars.

10-25-01, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "State of the Gufu"
Okay, for episode one the contendors so far are:
1. Boran dumping out water (and apparently they left their garden behind as well, idiots!)
2. Clarence stealing food
3. Boran not taking inventory

I'm tempted to just give it to "Clarence stealing food" but let's see if anyone else has anything to add. I've pretty much decided that the Gufu should go to individual rather than collective stupidity, or maybe we should have two Gufus; let me know what you think.

For episode two the contendors so far are:
1. Jessie not drinking water
2. Frank's big mouth
3. Lindsey on trip with friends

This is gonna be a tough call. Anyway, if anyone has anything else they'd like included for consideration, jump in and let us in on it already.

SMILES ARE FREE.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

JFK3674 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-25-01, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JFK3674 Click to send private message to JFK3674 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Gufu"
Ep 1:
Having Diane lead the tribe to their home.
someone should have snatched that map from her.

Ep 2:
Brandon & "the girls" sitting around chatting while others are working. If your Silas Who are you going to choose to go with, the hard working older team, or the Macy's makeup counter squad?

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-26-01, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Gufu"
<If your Silas Who are you going to choose to go with, the hard working older team, or the Macy's makeup counter squad? >

Looks like Silas picked Door #2.....Macy's. Of course he has his reasons. He could possibly get callouses on his hands carrying water and might scratch his face which could queer his "acting career."

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-01, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: State of the Gufu"
SkyRaider, ole buddy.....

> Looks like Silas picked
>Door #2.....Macy's. Of course
>he has his reasons.
>He could possibly get callouses
>on his hands carrying water
>and might scratch his face
>which could queer his "acting
>career."

And let me ADD....Silas possibly figured he could get "more action" from Lindy Lou and Kimmi Poo; heck, maybe even Brandy Boy!!! After all he is a wantabe "actor" and they all go where the "action" is, ifyaknowwhatimean!!!

Dalton
PS. Itzy...don't have a fit but ya know Silas is a "hound dog"!!

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-25-01, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-01 AT 02:11 AM (EST)

Here are my picks:

Episode 1: Boran dumping out their water.

Episode 2: Lindsey saying "I thought I was on a camping trip..."

Episode 3: Carl for admitting what car he drives. Regardless of whether it's right or wrong, there's no easier way to get voted off than to show that you don't need the money.

Edited to include episode 3.

"Aren't instruments fun?"
-Alyson Hannigan, American Pie 2

AddieRacer 160 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-26-01, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AddieRacer Click to send private message to AddieRacer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
For Ep. 3: Carl missing two medical-related questions.

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-01, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
<For Ep. 3: Carl missing two medical-related questions. >

Absolutely! he didn't even need to be in the medical profession to think: "Let's see now, if I were biting someone and someone poured real hot water on me, would I stop, or contineu biting them?"

Bobbystareyes 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-26-01, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobbystareyes Click to send private message to Bobbystareyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
I agree with Addieracer & SkyRaider that Carl has blown it. He was so busy making all that money as a dentist, he apparently didn't have the time to read his "survivor guide booklet" and totally blew it, not only for himself, but for the others on his geezer's tribe. They will now be picked off one-by-one. What kind of a "doctor" wouldn't know how a tick would react to heat? Aren't you a survivor?! Did you not go to medical school? It must be embarrassing to have all that education, money, Porsche's & Mercedes'to be defeated by a dehydrated gen-x-er girl. Your arrogance (and stupidity) has killed your mates.

10-26-01, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
PS to BobbyStarEyes.

Carl is a DENTIST!!

Probably not too many patients have ticks in their mouths!

But you'll are right everybody should know the way to get a tick to "retract" (ie. stop sucking your blood) is to hold a lit match or lit cigarette to them. I never tried scalding water which is stoopid because the idea is to burn the tick not the tick and your own skin.

Dalton

Wyld_Lynx 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-26-01, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wyld_Lynx Click to send private message to Wyld_Lynx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
For episode 1: It has to be that idiot Clarence with BOTH instances of stealing food. Did he think they were not going to notice?

Episode 2: Frank not keeping his bith mouth shut! That man is so annoying almost as annoying as Linda.

Episode 3: I would have to say Carl missing the questions. At that point I really thought Lindsey was a goner.

WyldLynx

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-26-01, 04:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
I'll try.....

Ep1: the Morons dumping water..
Ep2: Frank spilling his guts on the alliance
Ep3: Tom sticking a feather in his arse and (do i need to carry on?)

10-26-01, 03:24 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
Episode 1 ---

The Boran tribe pouring out fresh water because it made the gourds to heavy to carry; PLUS the fact that they didn't make a ceremony out of drinking all the water they possibly could before they dumped it out. GUFU!!

Episode 2 ---

Frank and the older alliance even going to Silas in the first place. They had a solid four; giving Silas an "option" gave him too much power over the tribal factions. GUFU!!

Episode 3 ---

Samburu rolling their "dung ball" all over creation and back to the point that Jiffy had to scream at them twice that they had missed going through the final flags to the finish place. GUFU!!

Dalton

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-01, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Announcing the Gufu Award (All PLay)"
I'm glad Dalton pointed out that Dr. Loathe is a DDS. He probably never had a dog that he played with in the great outdoors, or he'd know SOMETHING about ticks. That tells me he's an ass -- no pets, you're getting my vote, even if you weren't a dumbass.
As for rolling the ball to Tanzania and back, it occurred to me that the Xers might be tanking so they could get rid of one of the Boomers, although it was a risk cause they knew it would be a tie but may have counted on the younger, more alert and rested Xers to come through in the tiebreak--which they did. I just couldn't figure out how they got so far off track. They were so good with the blood.

Go Ethan, Go Ethan, Go Ethan

10-31-01, 10:52 AM (EST)
19. "State of the Gufu II"
The two top contendors for the week 1 gufu are
Boran dumping out fresh water
Clarence swiping food
These are the two to choose from, if no one has anything more to say on it it will go to Boran dumping fresh water which is leading in top picks.

The two top contendors for the week 2 gufu are
Frank's big mouth
Lindsey on camping trip
These are the two to choose from, if no one has anything more to say on it it will go to Frank's big mouth which is leading in top picks.

The week 3 suggestions so far are
Carl talking about his cars
Carl misses medical questions (leading suggestion at this point)
Tom's feather
Samburu not keeping control of their ball
My own personal suggestion for week 3 is
Samburu sitting out two Mall Rats on RC (which I will combine with Dalton's Samburu not controlling ball suggestion as it amounts to the same thing, now that I look at it)
Week 3 is still open for more suggestions.

SMILES ARE FREE.

JFK3674 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-31-01, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JFK3674 Click to send private message to JFK3674 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: State of the Gufu II"
I would have to say Carl & the medical questions. If I was going to Africa I would have studied up on the suvival guide. Plus I know he is a dentist, but there has to be some medical training involved.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-01, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "So many stupid people, so few votes........"
Ep. 1--dumping the water. Not a thing that they do the rest of this season will top that dumb move. And, as someone pointed out above, they should have at least drank it instead of just pouring it out. Sheesh.

Ep. 2--Frank's big mouth--should NEVER have alienated the Mallies so early on---telling Silas a was a HUGE mistake, as was talking so loud. There was no need to mention alliances until the threat of TC was upon them--much less time for people to reorganize.

Ep. 3--the rock roll--why did one the Samburu men just whale the hell out of the thing and let it fly down the hill with little or no control---did they think the flags were for decoration? I am sure they must have been frustrated with being in second, but until they rolled it into the back of beyond, they could have at least had a CHANCE if the Borans messed up. Cockiness to the extreme, IMO. Plus, they wouldn't have had Kim P. sit out if they could have made decisions instead of fighting about who would or wouldn't sit out. Their idiotic, sophmoric behavior will be the death of them all, I think.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-01, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: So many stupid people, so few votes........"
My Tied for First Place GUFUs:

1. Dumping the water.
2. Samburu Boomers acting like their dung don't stink and splitting the tribe.

Boo!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •