The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Today Was a Really Good Episode!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

faithnj 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-05, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail faithnj Click to send private message to faithnj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Today Was a Really Good Episode!"
Today's episode was pretty good! Anyone out there agree with me? I think Iyanla pulled together a lot of her season's lessons with the "Learn to Ride a Bike" exercise and the "Lock and Key" exercise she did with Christina. And that discussion about excellence, and how you'd have to practice, plateau and then move forward, over and over again until you reached a point of excellence was really good. I'm going to use that the next time I want to give up at a plateau. Based on last season and this season, it seems that Iyanla has a lot of exercises that don't seem to lead far until the end-- and then she does a few exercises that really tie up some loose ends and make the whole kit and kiboodle make sense. But that's my take on things.

Also, I really couldn't see where things were going with Christina until today-- and today it seemed Iyanla put a lot of concepts together in such a way that Christina really will have some tools to take into her real life. It seemed to give Christina hope that she could still use the life skills she came to the SO house with-- but in a more positive (and legal) manner. And where in the past, I thought Iyanla didn't really like Christina much, today I could see she really liked her and had hope for her. I think Christina can make it. But Lisa??? I dunno. I wonder what Iyanla would have done if she was Lisa's LC. Not that Rhonda hasn't done all that she could, short of kicking Lisa's stupid a$$ out. But it just would be interesting to see if Iyanla could have done anything better or different with that idiot.

Faithnj

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode... Baxtera 12-12-05 1
   RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode... Redbud 12-14-05 7
   RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode... faithnj 12-16-05 9
 RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode... Fixalife 12-12-05 2
   RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode... MariJ 12-12-05 4
 RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode... kelleymac1 12-12-05 3
   RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode... Baxtera 12-13-05 5
 RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode... Stormy Sky 12-14-05 6
   RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode... mhb0125 12-15-05 8
       RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode... teacherst 01-23-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-12-05, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode!"
See I think IV uses too many props and not enough real exercises to get through to Christina, no I don't think she gets the lock and key exercise. I think she was relieved that she could fake her way through it to please IV and performed as a trained dog was and got her doggie treat from IV and was relieved not to get a punishment. I really believe IV doesn't reach most of these women with her lessons, they do them and they say a prayer to the universe they guess right and IV is pleased but as a result they don't work at the exercise they work at pleasing IV which then means they don't internalize the lesson they just work very hard to please IV. Another reason Allison doesn't get it either. They work to please IV not to get it because they get huge praise when they guess right and like Jill with the flashlight the other day the rath of IV when God help them they guess wrong.

Christina needs practical advise. I realize as a life coach IV can dress in what ever style she wants, Christina can't and needs instruction. She needs etiquette and business behavior lessons on how to conduct herself as a professional. Her current professional behavior is only appropriate for the bedroom.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-14-05, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode!"
>
>Christina needs practical advise. I
>realize as a life coach
>IV can dress in what
>ever style she wants, Christina
>can't and needs instruction.
>She needs etiquette and business
>behavior lessons on how to
>conduct herself as a professional.

Hmmmm, I guess you didn't see where Christina told us in the confessional that she knows people perceive her as "professional and knowledgeable". I kid you not...

faithnj 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-16-05, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail faithnj Click to send private message to faithnj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode!"
".......I really
>believe IV doesn't reach most
>of these women with her
>lessons, they do them and
>they say a prayer to
>the universe they guess right
>and IV is pleased but
>as a result they don't
>work at the exercise they
>work at pleasing IV which
>then means they don't internalize
>the lesson they just work
>very hard to please IV."

Well Bax, I'm glad that at least I'M getting something out of IV's exercises, even if you think the ladies on t.v. aren't. Heaven knows you can do everything in your power to get a message across to someone-- and some people will NEVER get anything out of it-- Like Lisa. I mean, tell me-- do you have any ideas about what in the world could help somebody like Lisa??? But I digress.

Perhaps IV's lessons aren't useful for everyone. But at least she's useful for some.

Faithnj

Fixalife 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-12-05, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fixalife Click to send private message to Fixalife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode!"
I liked today's episode too. I think bringing Bethany into the house really lightened things up. I could really feel her support allison. The other housemates just have not grasped how to support each other. I am hoping the example will help.
I really think IV is trying to get christina finished.
She is taking the GED on Friday. She has been set on a career path and she has a job set up at home. Not a whole lot else they can do with her. It like graduating from rehab if you use the tools they give you, you can be sucessful. I really think she has the desire to stay on track.
I think jessica is close also. SHe has this last meeting with her father and fiance. All she will need is her future life plan. Not too much more left for her.
Lisa and TJ I really think could benefit from having some new people in the house. I see them as having much more time there.
I am not sure about Jill yet. They have backed away from her for a while.

MariJ 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-12-05, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MariJ Click to send private message to MariJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode!"
The only thing I have to say is how is Christina prepared to work in the purchasing department and doing accounts receivable. I sure hope she doesn't mess up her father's records.

She has no work experience in this area. I, honestly, think this is a big understanding for someone that probably hasn't even worked in an office.

kelleymac1 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-12-05, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelleymac1 Click to send private message to kelleymac1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode!"
I agree. But here is what I have been noticing. From this year and last. The people that Rhonda coach don't get it as deeply as if LV had coached them. I really like IV as a coach. Not sure about Rhonda.

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-13-05, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode!"
I think the people IV coaches are good at parroting that they get it, I'm not sure they internalize that they get it. I don't think Allison gets it. I think she knows the lingo and says exactly what IV wants to hear but I think the reason she's terrified to leave is that without IV she's lost because she doesn't really get it she's just a see and say doll.

Christina doesn't get it at all and is just good at playing what ever game IV gives her so she can stay and play.

Jill I feel bad for because she really seems to want to be able to decode and comprehend IV but you can see it just does not compute in the way IV is delivering it and yet Jill really works at trying to make the most of what she's hearing and to apply it but just when she thinks she has it IV turns on her like a rabid dog.

I realize IV likes her flowing language and her universal spiritual being speech but sometimes these ladies could use some good old fashioned plain English hard talk. You can see Jill just wanting to scream what the h**** are you talking about woman.

Stormy Sky 129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-14-05, 01:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stormy%20Sky Click to send private message to Stormy%20Sky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode!"
Yes, loved today's show. Especially seeing Bethany again! Enjoy her way of talking, what a refreshing person to have around the house. You could see she "lighened up the mood", great idea to have her come in for the day.

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-15-05, 02:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode!"
I think this whole week's worth of episodes have been great! It seems like it's becoming more and more of the SO that we love to watch and I'm glad because I was about to give up on the show!!

teacherst 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-23-06, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail teacherst Click to send private message to teacherst Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Today Was a Really Good Episode!"
I hope we have better Episodes this week. With really good excercises

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •