The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-08, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Thanks to Survivor Fever:

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... byoffer 04-04-08 1
   RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... suzzee 04-05-08 6
 RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... Scarlett O Hara 04-04-08 2
   RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... NedraSue 04-04-08 3
 RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... citywitch 04-05-08 4
   RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... UNCLERICH1 04-05-08 5
 RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... Scarlett O Hara 04-06-08 7
   RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... Georgianna 04-06-08 8
       RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... UNCLERICH1 04-06-08 9
           RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... Georgianna 04-07-08 11
           RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... vince3 04-07-08 12
   RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... Modesty 04-06-08 10
       RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... Flowerpower 04-07-08 13
           RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... Modesty 04-07-08 14
               RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... Georgianna 04-07-08 15
                   RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... Modesty 04-08-08 25
                       RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... Georgianna 04-08-08 31
                           RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... vince3 04-08-08 33
                               RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... Georgianna 04-08-08 34
           RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... byoffer 04-07-08 16
 RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... whoami 04-07-08 17
   Necklaces byoffer 04-07-08 18
       RE: Necklaces whoami 04-07-08 19
           RE: Necklaces sugarbooger62 04-07-08 20
   RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... sugarbooger62 04-07-08 21
       RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... sugarbooger62 04-07-08 22
           RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... Flowerpower 04-08-08 23
               RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... Modesty 04-08-08 24
               RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... CattyChat 04-08-08 26
                   RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... Georgianna 04-08-08 27
                       RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... NedraSue 04-08-08 28
                           RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... michel 04-08-08 32
   RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... suzzee 04-08-08 29
       RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... yodawg22 04-08-08 30
 RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps.... sugarbooger62 04-10-08 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-08, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
"Because it's just a stick."

This might turn out to be one of my favourite lines ever.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-08, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Oh I hear that. It's such a versatile all purpose line.

Use 1: An associate at work excitedly comes to you with a completely worthless idea, you say "Dude, it's just a stick".

A Tribal Sig

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-04-08, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
In these Merge pics, Amanda, Parvati and Erik are all wearing necklaces. Were they given special jewelry for the Merge or did they already have them?

NedraSue 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-04-08, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NedraSue Click to send private message to NedraSue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Yes, I repeated: 'It is just a stick' several times last night. That was way funny.

She should have said...'wow that is pretty cool...' and then tell the others.

Apparently, huge misdirection...with Amandas comments...about Alexis.

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-05-08, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Amanda wants Alexis to go...But Parvati just made an alliance with Natalie for Parvati, Natalie, Amanda & Alexis to be final 4...muahahahah, fun stuff indeed!

now that it's II, it's the time to get rid of Ozzy & James if you can. will Amanda actually be able to turn on Ozzy?

thanks to Scarlett O Hara & CattyChat

UNCLERICH1 115 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-08, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail UNCLERICH1 Click to send private message to UNCLERICH1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Thanks FlowerPower for the vidcaps and here is the 20 second video of episode 9
thanks to YouTube video and Survivor Phoenix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0eXErERufk

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-08, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
More vidcaps are out. It looks like bat is on the menu this week; a new rivalry is emerging between Jason and Ozzy; and the Immunity Challenge will be held in cages at the surface of the water with the tide coming in. Who can hold their breath the longest. Cirie's going to love that one!

Here's the website narrative from Survivor Fever ...

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-06-08, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Ah! The conception of Exile is revisited.

I wonder if Janu will be watching ...

UNCLERICH1 115 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-08, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail UNCLERICH1 Click to send private message to UNCLERICH1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
and here is the promo of the immunity challenge,James eating a bat,and the yellow buff for episode 9
thanks to YouTube videos and Survivor Phoenix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfVrvpgUU5s

04-07-08, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Thank you for the links. I've come to rely on them.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-08, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
The merge buff looks more like a lime/neon/pastel green to me..........

Modesty 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-06-08, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Modesty Click to send private message to Modesty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Hi Scarlett and everyone. You're so right - Cirie will be absolutely skipping when she sees this challenge - can't say I blame her. I reckon I'd be standing there going "ICK!" too.

I know we get a shot of Jason pumping his fists in apparent victory but then I caught this shot of Ozzy at Survivor fever also. What's the thing around his neck?

Could be an island made necklace but seems coincidental that the shot comes in when Jason is talking about how great it's going to be to dominate Ozzy (that boy is a little odd).

04-07-08, 07:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Well, if this is a breath holding competition, Ozzy has it before it even begins...

04-07-08, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Modesty Click to send private message to Modesty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Well you would think so - but I think I must retract my earlier idea. I'm now thinking that's not the immunity necklace that Ozzy is wearing. Survivor Phoenix have a pic up of the IN and it's a gigantic thing with huge fronds hanging off it. Ick.

I may have to go with the fist pumping shot and back Jason for the immunity challenge then. Ouch - I think it may pain me to see him win anything. He got smug over catching a darn rat!

04-07-08, 12:52 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
I may have to go with the fist pumping shot and back Jason for the immunity challenge then.

It looks like the good folks at Survivor Fever are thinking along the same line. And Jason's 'funnel' technique is a reenactment of Tom's winning strategy in Palau.

So, whatever else Jason may be, perhaps he is also truly a fan of the show.

Note: In Palau the first dropout from the IC (Janu) was, for a night, exiled to another island: the initial instance of that 'twist' to the Game.

04-08-08, 09:11 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
>I may have to go with
>the fist pumping shot and
>back Jason for the immunity
>challenge then.

>
>It looks like the good folks
>at Survivor Fever are thinking
>along the same line.
>And Jason's 'funnel' technique is
>a reenactment of Tom's winning
>strategy in Palau.

Just as an update here, someone suggested to me that the 'fist pumping' animation we saw from Jason in the preview was actually from the ep 4 coconuts under water challenge. I went back and had a look and sure enough - it was.

So I guess that leaves us back where with started as far as the winner of the challenge. My necklace theory is out the window and so to is Jason's 'celebration'. This deliberate misdirection is killing me! Sneaky buggers.

04-08-08, 05:11 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Sneaky buggers.

Agreed!

When I saw the beginning of this Challenge during Palau I thought 'Finally! A Challenge that even I would have a decent shot of winning'. For some reason, I float effortlessly (I can stretch out on my back and, if the sea or pool is calm/quiet, fall very soundly asleep). And I can hold my breath for a very long time. So, I reasoned, anyone who floated well on her back could simply relax, turn it against the incoming tide and form a pillow/breakfront behind her head with her arms: channeling the rising water to either side of a pocket for her mouth and nose until she absolutely had to take that one last deep breath.

But, if I remember correctly, the cage apparatus held the Survivors in a semi-seated and face-front position that eventually forced them to use their arms (and the cage's bars) to keep their heads above water. And it was, as byoffer has said, a very long Challenge.

As you said: Sneaky buggers ...

But, the picture of the Challenge in Micronesia (below) seems to show at least some of the F10 ... floating. Either that, or a number of them are in the process of dropping out ... almost simultaneously.

One last (totally useless) thought:

A water-resistant leather (or heavy canvas) shoe, turned upside-down and its 'mouth' clamped firmly over the mouth and nose of a Survivor at the very last possible moment would, much like a miniature oxygen tank, provide several inches, and moments, of breathable air.

And I don't see how using something allowed in the Challenge to survive it could be called 'cheating'.

Could it?

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-08, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
While the air may be breathable, I suspect it might also be very stinky

04-08-08, 07:52 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
While the air may be breathable, I suspect it might also be very stinky

I didn't think so. But my husband says that I can't take my running shoes and a pitcher of Pina Coladas into our bathroom ever again.

04-07-08, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
I don't think it is just a breath-holding competition. This is a long challenge, not just holding breath.

Rather, I think there will be several elements. #1 will be relaxing in the water. Even with a snorkle I don't think Cirie could win this. #2 is finding a way to breath above the bars will help. Maybe someone with a big nose, or someone who learns to breath between the wave swells.

I think Jason is comfortable in the water (almost as much as Ozzy) and if his face or "hand-snorkle" allows him to breath longer, then he will win.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-07-08, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-08 AT 03:55 PM (EST)

Looks like quite a feast.

Strange that Cirie is not shown except in a group shot.

04-07-08, 04:11 PM (EST)
18. "Necklaces"
There has been a bunch of discussion about the shell necklaces.

From post 1 we see that Eric, Amanda and Parvati have theirs during the merge. Others shown wearing are Jason (post 10), Ozzy (post 17). Eliza has a black strap necklace, but no shells on it.

Note that Amanda is not wearing a necklace in post 17.

Anyone see a pattern?

I am inclined to think that they all got them at some point, and that some have chosen not to wear them all the time.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-07-08, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Necklaces"
I noticed there are a lot of them but where did they get them? I do not remember a time where they got or made them. RC at some time?

Here is another necklace

sugarbooger62 100 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-08, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sugarbooger62 Click to send private message to sugarbooger62 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Necklaces"
If you see in the pic, the person to the left of Cirie looks like they're giving up. They look like they're pulling themselves out of the cage heading towards the green dock by the boat.

04-07-08, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sugarbooger62 Click to send private message to sugarbooger62 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
I wonder if they compete for reward this episode or do they get this feast to get to know one another and feel each other out instead. The "Holding Your Breath" challenge is definitely the IC.

Tv Guide put this out for Episode #10 which airs 4/17: http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx?tvobjectid=292131&more=ucepisodelist&episodeid=7729280
"In the reward challenge, the castaways compete to indulge in a feast and see a show on Yap Island. At tribal council, another castaway is voted out of the game. Jeff Probst is the host." They didn't have a title for it yet. Sounds like a repeat of China's episode #7 in which Frosti won immunity bc he answered the most questions regarding what they just seen from the native show while they were eating.

Could the pix above actually be showing us the feast from episode #10 or is it the get to know your tribemate meal? If you notice it looks like some just tossed their old buffs aside. (See the purple Malakal buff at Erik's feet.) If it's the epi #10 native feast would they be serving corn-on-the-cob and beer/wine? The bats and all the fruits I can see as native.

04-07-08, 08:27 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Well, I've just cleared up some of my own speculations.
Here's a video from YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGlhgo4JJlY&eurl=http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/29452/master/1/?page=2

04-08-08, 07:33 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
It seems as though Alexis is going to make her play for Ozzy...she will snuggle right up to him at night and Amanda is jealous. Jeff's favorite moment is most likely when Eliza tells Jason, "because, it's just a stick!"

04-08-08, 09:07 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
haha Yeah how is that for some moves?

She hits the beach, gets drunk and snuggles straight up to Ozzy. I have to admit to being just a little bit impressed.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-08, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Wow, I can't believe Alexis is going to be so blatant in coming on to Ozzy. She HAS to know that Ozzmanda are hot & heavy. Alexis is either a nitwit or has huge balls & thinks she'll be able to steal Ozzy's affections from Amanda.

Can't wait to see the claws come out. We may finally see Amanda show a personality this season.

So, Alexis is one of those steal-a-gal's-boyfriend kind of girls??? Never would have guessed it.

04-08-08, 10:40 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Well, whether Alexis' interest in Ozzy is a plan or a passion, it should make the odds of Amanda betraying Ozzy a bit more evident to every other woman in camp.

NedraSue 109 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-08, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NedraSue Click to send private message to NedraSue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
They didn't show us what all happened between Ozzy & Alexis on Exile Island, so maybe they did talk more than what was shown. Maybe he said something 'like it wasn't any big deal' trying to downplay the showmance and get her on his side.

Then, when Amanda confronts Alexis...Alexis comes up with 'well he made these promises to me...' or something to that effect and then Amanda must pay him back by not lobbying to keep him, once the time comes for the Ozzy boot.

I'm sure Amanda thinks she can win against Alexis, but of course not against Ozzy...during the final challenges.

Honestly, they would have probably not have edited out any notable conversation between Ozzy & Alexis...unless it does assist with really good editing...?

Just a thought.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-08, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
There was that episode #3 line from Ozzy after the "rugby" challenge: "That nice girl asked me if I had a girlfriend". What if Ozzy said no!!!

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-08, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
Yikes, it drives me crazy to say it but he rooks maaavelous for being out in the wild for 4 weeks, Tyra would be proud.

Spring outfit thanks to Sharnina

yodawg22 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-08-08, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yodawg22 Click to send private message to yodawg22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
>Yikes, it drives me crazy to
>say it but he rooks
>maaavelous for being out in
>the wild for 4 weeks,
>Tyra would be proud.
>
>
>
>
>Spring outfit thanks to
>Sharnina

Even as a guy, I really can't blame Alexis for snuggling w/Ozzy when she potentially is aware of Ozzmanda. lol

04-10-08, 03:40 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Ep 9 Vidcaps...."
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-08 AT 04:33 PM (EST)

kdog at SurvivorSkills turned me on to this 30 second Web Promo that expands on the video FP did the vidcaps on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Syf05-v90I
It shows Ozzy in a confessional saying, "It's poetry in the making," and shows Eliza unwrapping the FHII and saying, "This isn't it." It also shows Ozzy in the red cage during the IC and he looks like he using the same hand-funnel technique as Jason. Why would Ozzy go through all that when he's got the foursome alliance AND the HII for a backup. Plus he's got his boytoy, Erik, and probably picked up another alliance with Alexis. teehee. That's six votes for the majority. UNLESS, Alexis spill the beans while she was under the influence and hugging up to Ozzy, of the alliance Natalie told her about that PARVATI suggested, while trying to bring him in with "their" alliance. Whoops. That would make him suspicious of "his" alliances and that is why he needs to win this IC. He can no longer trust Amanda and Parvati. Just a thought. Of course, he is a very competitive person.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •