The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-08, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Thanks to Survivor Fever:

Ami and Cirie go on the warpath, and what? start looking for something??? What the heck are they looking for? Are they looking for the hidden II? Just don't know what they could possibly be looking for.

Parvati, making another alliance to fall back on...she's getting good at this!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps CattyChat 03-20-08 1
 RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps Scarlett O Hara 03-20-08 2
   RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps Bebo 03-20-08 3
       RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps 4aRide 03-22-08 12
   RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps PepeLePew13 03-24-08 14
 RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps Scarlett O Hara 03-20-08 4
   RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps ohmyheck 03-20-08 5
   RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps CattyChat 03-20-08 6
       RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps PepeLePew13 03-21-08 7
           RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps Scarlett O Hara 03-21-08 8
               RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps Flowerpower 03-21-08 9
                   RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps redbeard103152 03-21-08 10
                   RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps suzzee 03-22-08 11
                       RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps PepeLePew13 03-24-08 15
 RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps kingfish 03-22-08 13
 RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps sugarbooger62 03-27-08 16
   RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps vince3 03-27-08 18
       RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps michel 03-27-08 19
           RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps sugarbooger62 03-27-08 21
           RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps sugarbooger62 03-27-08 22
 Commercial during the NCAA Tourney vince3 03-27-08 17
   RE: Commercial during the NCAA Tour... sugarbooger62 03-27-08 20
       RE: Commercial during the NCAA Tour... michel 03-28-08 23
           RE: Commercial during the NCAA Tour... sol 03-31-08 30
   RE: Commercial during the NCAA Tour... UNCLERICH1 03-31-08 28
 RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps Flowerpower 03-29-08 24
   RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps michel 03-29-08 25
       RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps Scarlett O Hara 03-30-08 26
           RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps Flowerpower 03-30-08 27
           RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps sol 03-31-08 29
       RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps sugarbooger62 04-01-08 31
           RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps NedraSue 04-01-08 32
               RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps Flowerpower 04-01-08 33
               RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps ginger0226 04-01-08 34
                   RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps Flowerpower 04-02-08 37
                       RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps ginger0226 04-02-08 38
               RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps suzzee 04-01-08 35
               RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps dabo 04-01-08 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-20-08, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Thanks for bringing these over, FloPo.

I got the impression that Cirie & Ami were hunting something and stabbing it with a stick. Maybe to prove that they don't need Ozzy to feed their tribe??

When I saw Erik fall on the preview last night, I felt it a little. OUCH!!

On the rare times Parvati gets any serious camera time, she sure seems to be plotting hard. Her chances look really good to make it far, if not win, IMO.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-08, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Ami and Cirie go on the warpath, and what? start looking for something??? What the heck are they looking for? Are they looking for the hidden II? Just don't know what they could possibly be looking for.

Could it be the deadly Coconut Crabs they are stalking?

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-08, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
It's got to be either food or some critter that keeps invading their camp. It wouldn't be the II, since they wouldn't go to EI together.

4aRide 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-22-08, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 4aRide Click to send private message to 4aRide Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Maybe they're going after Chet's spine?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-08, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
I wouldn't be surprised if this was tied in with some kind of discussion about tribal dynamics - i.e. Erik spills the beans upon returning to camp, then Cirie takes Ami out for a little talk when a critter comes along and they go on a chase.

03-20-08, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"

It looks like this is the Immunity Challenge as we see the Immunity Idol on the stand next to Jiffy

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-20-08, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
To me this challenge looks very similar to the one in Palau, where two people on each tribe swung sandbags at the other tribes people to knock them off the course. It was one of the only challenges that Ulong won.

lost by tribe

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-08, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Great catch, Scar! And I think OhMyHeck is right about the challenge w/sandbags. I'll bet James' bag will pack a serious punch.

03-21-08, 03:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-08 AT 03:53 AM (EST)

Who needs James' sandbags when George Erik of the Jungle is doing just fine knocking himself out?

I just don't see NuMalakai doing well with this challenge with only Ozzy/Amanda being particularly nimble on that tribe while Erik is crushing himself and Cirie & Ami are rounding out the rest of the tribe. James will make it a personal goal of it to knock Ozzy off while NuMalakai has, umm, Cirie to knock people off?

By comparison, NuAirai has James throwing bombs while Jason, Alexis, Parvati, Eliza and Natalie are all reasonably nimble.

ETF: tribe names as I had both tribes listed as NuMalakai.

03-21-08, 07:38 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
With Robfadda and Ozzy as the exception, women usually have a better sense of balance than men because of the lower center of gravity. Why on earth didn't they let Erik be the one to knock the nu-Airai's off?

03-21-08, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Why on earth didn't they let Erik be the one to knock the nu-Airai's off?

That's easy...because they are trying to lose the IC's...I am convinced that the nuMalakals want to lose these challenges....while Ozzy did amazingly well in the last IC, Cirie and Amanda were terrible, and I think they are doing it on purpose....I am sure that they will not win this challenge on purpose as well. They know that James and Parv would be in trouble were nuAirai to go to TC...imho

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-21-08, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-08 AT 09:25 AM (EST)

I agree with you FP. The end of the Malakai Tribe is near as they continue to lose IC challenges one after another. Ozzy continues to lobby for Erik and I feel that Erik's injury is a misdirection toward him being the bootee this week. The girls will give in to Ozzys desires and Erik will be safe as he spills the beans to Ozzy about Ami's plan to boot Ozzy last week.This will give Ami the opportunity to be the last non-jury bootee. Amy makes the same mistake as she made last time she failed to take out a male tribe member when the majority of her tribe members were female.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-08, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Am I correct in assuming that the Favs decided to lose immunity challenges until they have voted enough of the Fans off on the way to a post merge majority?

03-24-08, 10:02 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
It would make sense to me if this was the plan... look at the tribal makeups:

NuAirai
James (Fave)
Jason (Fan)
Alexis (Fan)
Parvati (Fave)
Eliza (Fave)
Natalie (Fan)

Would you trust Eliza to stay on the side of James/Parvati if she knows there's the possibility of a tie coming up? I wouldn't, either.

Meanwhile, NuMal has four Faves (Ozzy, Amanda, Cirie, Ami) and one Fan (Erik of the Jungle).

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-08, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Thanks for the pics and transcript, FP.

But even though the pictures are there, it's tough to put Cirie on a hunt, unless it's to protect herself from the charge of the wild leaf pile.

That was a pretty decent lick Parvati took a while back, still showing a decent bruise. Tough girl.

sugarbooger62 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-27-08, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sugarbooger62 Click to send private message to sugarbooger62 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Here is an aerial view of the IC this episode I just found:

Looks like there are three sets of swinging bags they have to run passed. In other preview shots Cirie, James, and Ami are shown swinging the bags. Jason, Erik, Eliza, and Parvati are shown on the starting platform of the run with Parvati sitting out the challenge. Another shot shows Jason and Amanda on the run. There has to be three members from each tribe swinging bags. So Ami, Cirie, and Ozzy has to be the ones from Malakal swinging the bags. So it has to be James, Alexis, and Natalie swinging the bags for Airai. If Cirie and Ozzy are going to throw this challenge they're going to have to miss the runners. Amanda looks like she may have been knocked into the water at least once. Here's the link to that picture of her:
http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S16E08Press/S16E08CBSPreAir06
It wouldn't let me upload the pic.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-08, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
apparently the picture's too big, there's a 75KB limit...... I don't know how to knock it down fron the 110KB that it is.... sorry.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-08, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Here is that picture:

03-27-08, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sugarbooger62 Click to send private message to sugarbooger62 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Thank you, michel, for reducing the pic and posting it.

03-27-08, 10:05 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"

When comparing this pic with the one above it may look like the players on the bags may change places. The first Malakal bag has Cirie swinging it in one shot and then Ami swinging it in another shot. If the runners has to go through the Gauntlet more than once maybe it's their strategy to change places?

But it still looks like the beginning of the challenge. I wonder if someone had to take Erik's place, but then that would put Airai with two extra people. Of course the Ozzinator will probably run through the Gauntlet and have enough time to go swing the bags at the Airai runner.

Also James is on the first Airai bag in the shot with Cirie then in the shot with Ami there isn't anyone swinging Airai's bag.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-08, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Commercial during the NCAA Tourney"
An old Island Delicasy makes its return!

(I think it's) Jason: Nobody has eaten a rat since the first Survivor, and it's time to bring it back.

Plus, the injuries keep piling up! (another set of replays of Erik of the Jungle's platform crash)

Next Thusday an all new Survivor!

I imagine the vidclips for this commercial will pop up on the web soon..........

03-27-08, 09:38 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Commercial during the NCAA Tourney"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-08 AT 09:41 PM (EST)

Could that mean an RC afterall this episode or could it be a preview of a future episode? Surely someone will have it up on YouTube before long. The previews shown so far are from the IC. I was hoping they would have two challenges.

03-28-08, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Commercial during the NCAA Tourney"
I heard this in a promo during basketball:

"Two castaways get immunity."

It's strange to have individual immunities at this point. The quitters have messed up the schedule! It could mean that the 2 sent to exile island don't attend TC. Didn't we spot everyone competing for the RC?

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-31-08, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Commercial during the NCAA Tourney"
"Two castaways get immunity."

Is it possible that one castaway from each tribe gets an II, and both tribes go to TC?

Could it be that JP will say there's a twist before the RC, and then announce 2 people exiled will each be immune when both tribes go to TC?

UNCLERICH1 115 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-08, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UNCLERICH1 Click to send private message to UNCLERICH1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Commercial during the NCAA Tourney"
Hi Vince & FloPow: here is the 20 sec. video of Jason with the rat!! thanks to YouTube & Survivor Phoenix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOjLpPvcEmk

03-29-08, 07:24 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
thanks to survivor fever...

03-29-08, 12:01 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
I was just too curious about those two castways getting immunity so I went snooping around. Trixiego brought to Sucks this picture from VG of Survivor Phoenix:

It looks like Ozzy and Alexis are stepping off the mat, probably on their way to exile Island. And immunity?

03-30-08, 09:55 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
... good find, my friend! And Alexis will finally get her wish ... to be alone on an island with Ozzy!!!

03-30-08, 08:57 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
... to be alone on an island with Ozzy!!!

Now, if I could get my wish to be alone on an island with Ozzy...

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-31-08, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Alexis and Ozzy to EI ... Wonder what Amanda will think of this ??

04-01-08, 11:34 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-08 AT 09:33 PM (EST)

Great find, michel! That would explain the change-up of people swinging the bags bc there are three sections to this race and there's only two people from each team on the bags not three like I speculated above. Ozzy and Alexis gets sent to Exile before the challenge starts. There's going to be a lot of running into each other if they don't have a system planned out. That would also explain why Parvati is shown in the alliance conversation with Natalie alone--Alexis is on EI with Ozzy and of course, Amanda is on the other tribe. Parv apparently already had a talk with Alexis or is she assuming that Alexis will align with her because she has the numbers?
I like that sideways glance from Parvati. She has a very stoic look about her. Kinda like the cat watching the mouse from on top of the counter. Waiting......waiting......waiting.....POUNCE.....GOTCHA YA'. Amanda's kinda got that look too!

NedraSue 109 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NedraSue Click to send private message to NedraSue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
I found this quote over on FEVER...No one has mentioned this yet...or I'm just missing it all. Sorry. I'm not very good at spoiling...just reading all your guys spoiling!

"Airai wins IC and chose Alexis to attend Malakal's TC where she is immune and is allowed to give someone from Malakal immunity. She chooses Erik to have immunity (Spec credit to Jessiek)"

With further discussion on how this along with Ozzy having immunity, that is why Ami gets booted this week.

Thanks.

04-01-08, 02:15 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Great find, Sue! Well done! That explains an awful lot. Lots of folks have speculated that Ozzy and Alexis go to EI and miss both challenges, as well as TC...if that had been the case though, how would Eric possibly survive without Ozzy? This makes much more sense to me...he is spared by gaining immunity from Alexis...

So, Ozzy and Alexis must go to EI together and miss the RC and then come back, as always, to participate in the IC?...or perhaps they just watch the IC play out? I don't know about this part as the shot of them stepping off of their respective mats looks to be in the same spot that the one challenge we have is occuring, and we know by the presence of the II that it's for immunity...

ginger0226 32 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger0226 Click to send private message to ginger0226 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Airai wins IC and chose Alexis
>to attend Malakal's TC where
>she is immune and is
>allowed to give someone from
>Malakal immunity. She chooses Erik
>to have immunity (Spec credit
>to Jessiek)"

I also saw that quote on SF, but for some reason, it has been pulled off the site...not sure why....

04-02-08, 06:33 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
I also saw that quote on SF, but for some reason, it has been pulled off the site...not sure why....

Well, that certainly gives me pause....why would it be pulled if it had been spoiled? Could it be speculation that she couldn't verify? I am still having a problem with Alexis and Ozzy leaving BEFORE the IC...is there an RC at all? If there was, were there exilees? Them leaving before the IC doesn't make much sense unless they were to miss the IC and the TC altogether...perplexing...

ginger0226 32 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger0226 Click to send private message to ginger0226 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
>I also saw that quote on
>SF, but for some reason,
>it has been pulled off
>the site...not sure why....

>
>Well, that certainly gives me pause....why
>would it be pulled if
>it had been spoiled?
>Could it be speculation that
>she couldn't verify? I
>am still having a problem
>with Alexis and Ozzy leaving
>BEFORE the IC...is there an
>RC at all? If
>there was, were there exilees?
> Them leaving before the
>IC doesn't make much sense
>unless they were to miss
>the IC and the TC
>altogether...perplexing...

I found an explanation on survivor skillz boards:

ccording to the Spoiler by jessiiiek, Immunity is a bonus for the two who are sent to EI, because they don't have to go to TC.

Here's the Spoiler -

jessiiiek:
03/28/08 1:44 PM
Alexis and Ozzy are going to Exile. They miss the IC and they miss TC.

Seems some people are still stuck on the old spec jessie had on SF's Challenge Page, but she has already explained that:

jessiiiek
03/30/08 2:14 PM
Sorry for any confusion, but that's rambling spec that I contributed at SF. It's old spec. Erik should not have immunity, nor is he medivacced as some have specced. He's just not a threat. Alexis and Ozzy are immune.

birdlady asked:
jessiiiek, is your information that Ozzy and Alexis are "immune" because they aren't even at tribal council (at exile), or do they somehow have the more traditional immunity where they are there but can't be voted for?

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Fellow Sue, good find

So Alexis gives Erik immunity because he's another fan or because she's making sure she stays on Ozzy's good side or both. Either way that explains a lot.

Spring outfit thanks to
Sharnina

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Episode 8, Vidcaps"
Excellent find, NedraSue. A very credible explanation of two immunities.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •