The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not much progress; not many steps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

VictoriaB 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-12-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VictoriaB Click to send private message to VictoriaB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not much progress; not many steps"
I think at least part of the reason so many of us feel frustrated with SO this season is that, with the exception of Jill, no one seems to be making any real progress. In the first two seasons, no matter how screwed up the women seemed at first, their work with the LCs seemed to make them better. To those of us who watched SO and tried to gain some insights to help us with our own issues, the women’s progress gave us trust in the system and hope that the LCs knew what they were doing.

Sadly, this season that’s not true anymore. It seems, at least to me, that the LCs don’t have a clue on how to help these particular women reach their stated goals, so the women just flounder around and so do we, the viewers.

Allison still makes Lisa’s bed, cleans up after everybody and is crushed if she isn’t receiving external validation every minute of the day; Jessica still cries at the drop of a hat (which they don’t seem to address at all; TJ remains clueless (by her own admission); Christina doesn’t even have her GED yet, still has contact with her old boyfriend and doesn’t seem to have a plan to gain control of her life; Lisa hasn’t budged an inch – she’s the same self-centered, dependent, spoiled, nasty person who entered the house two months ago.

Very few steps have been given out and very, very little progress has been made. Jill is the ONLY one who seems to have benefited from the Iyanla & Rhonda’s coaching.

I don’t think the real issue is the women. Whether we like TJ or not; whether we think Lisa is sincere or not; whether we think Allison has outstayed her welcome or not ---- if they seemed to be getting better, we would feel better too.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Not much progress; not many ste... mhb0125 12-12-05 1
   RE: Not much progress; not many ste... Soupy 12-12-05 3
       RE: Not much progress; not many ste... VictoriaB 12-13-05 4
 RE: Not much progress; not many ste... Soupy 12-12-05 2
   RE: Not much progress; not many ste... SOWayz 12-14-05 5
       RE: Not much progress; not many ste... VictoriaB 12-15-05 6
 RE: Not much progress; not many ste... Tiny_Star 12-15-05 7
 RE: Not much progress; not many ste... Pixeltalk 01-27-06 9
   RE: Not much progress; not many ste... Baxtera 01-27-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-12-05, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Not much progress; not many steps"
I agree that I would feel better if the HG's were improving. I do think all of them have received two steps, though. I read in another thread that alot of the posters here have voiced their frustrations at the Starting Over website and I have to say I saw a shift happen during the last BOR. It seems Rhonda is really committed to helping TJ now. She talked with her after she was torn apart and I found that refreshing. In today's episode Iyanla announced to Christina that she will be taking her GED soon. Jessica is delving into the relationship with her dad and her stepmom tomorrow. I do think Jill is making progress like you stated. I do think, though, that Jessica is, too. As much as her crying REALLY annoys me I see a change in her. I hope the producers really did get all the message the ladies here sent and they are truly trying to turn the season around. I am just sitting here, hoping, praying, and wishing that SOMETHING would happen with Lisa and she is knocked down. Her foul mouth, threats, defensiveness, eye rolling, and b^tchy attitude is getting way old!!

Soupy 57 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-05, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Soupy Click to send private message to Soupy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not much progress; not many steps"

>I hope the producers really
>did get all the message
>the ladies here sent and
>they are truly trying to
>turn the season around.
>I am just sitting here,
>hoping, praying, and wishing that
>SOMETHING would happen with Lisa
>and she is knocked down.
> Her foul mouth, threats,
>defensiveness, eye rolling, and b^tchy
>attitude is getting way old!!
>
You really do seem to be in tuned. I thnik you are soooo right about Lisa... Not just a 'put down'...As they say on S.O.- this is just constructive feed back. I think it is Lisa that has me the most frustrated. As I have watched faithfully all seasons, as others here have done as well... Lisa would be out on her ers already. I think Rhonda is not as committed and interested in her influence, coaching and rehabilitating Lisa. Rhonda has not even addressed her foul mouth and disrespect to the others in the house. That WAS a very important-cardinal 'rule' in the past. Lisa is not just expressing herself...She often over steps her boundaries in all areas of her stay in the house. Lisa is often offensive and childish, and indeed is an insult to her housemates and WE the viewer's inteligegence. She actually expects us to eccept her behavior as normal and acceptable. I never see any of her negative behavior/issues addressed nor delt with by anyone L.C. ( Dr. Stan has come the closest to seeing her as the childs she choses to be. ) Rhonda's totally OFF base with this girl. That is the major disappointment to me. I beieve... anyway.
THIS IS JUST ANOTHER FREE RIDE FOR HER. I DO WISH TO SEE HER BE THE PERSON SHE 'CLAIMS' SHE WANTS TO BE. Mental disorder or not, she is Lazy and needs a heavy dose of reality. After her folks ar gone- Holy-Moly what a mess she'll be then.
Expectations from the ones we love is crucial, for them to become whole individuals, succed... We don't tell our childen... "Hey, go off and do as you please with your life, we don't care. What ever!" it doesn't matter what ya what you do." " If you do or don't go to school, Oh well".- "Who cares how you treat yourself and other people." So, "There is the world, we don't expect anything from you as citizens of the world."
Even Forest Gump got advice about his box of chocolates...
I had expectations of the professionalism of the L.C.'s on S.O... The process seemed flawess, when the person truly applied it with a whole pure heart, regardless of the struggles doing them. The results were always amazing. The no-nonsense approach in the process was a crucial element to the process. Seems absent now. That is the problem I.M.H.O.
I remember Rachel ( I think was her name- the one who's father took her college fund money - he came to her graduation. I cried...lol) Anyway, IYla. put her in Jail for an entire day! litterally, in the middle of the living room. Steel bars!- for acting snotty and spoiled. Does anyone remember that? YIKES!
That was the process I respected. "Put up - or get out" ( with 'One' chance- Then the C! If not- "you're outta' here!"
Thanks... Soupy

12-13-05, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VictoriaB Click to send private message to VictoriaB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Not much progress; not many steps"
>I think Rhonda is not as committed
>and interested in her influence,
>coaching and rehabilitating Lisa. Rhonda
>has not even addressed her
>foul mouth and disrespect to
>the others in the house.

>After her folks ar
>gone- Holy-Moly what a mess
>she'll be then.

Hi Soupy -
IMHO Rhonda was committed to Lisa's goal and seemed willing to call her on her abominable behavior UNTIL THE ISSUE OF THE ALLEGED ABUSE CAME UP. That is Rhonda's hot-button issue and she has done nothing but condone Lisa's behavior since then. I don't know if it's true or not (I think not), but the point is that Rhonda seems to believe it is true and Lisa is taking full advantage of this. At the risk of sounding too cynical, I really have come to think Lisa came to the SO house as a lark and concocted the abuse story as a way of excusing her bad behavior and lack of motivation.

Regarding your second point, I'm not sure Lisa will be a mess after her folks are gone. She may even be better off (in her view)because she'll have all the benefits(their $$$$$$)without any of the responsibilities (having breakfast with Dad, for example). Rhonda asked her about this once and she fake-tearfully replied that "she didn't know what she'd do". It's no secret she's looking for a free ride and she's not only getting one from her indulgent parents --- she's getting one at the SO-3 house too!
~Victoria

Soupy 57 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-05, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Soupy Click to send private message to Soupy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Not much progress; not many steps"
VICTORIA.... You said it all!!! perfectly.... I.M.O.H.O.
Excellent observation and right on point! Thank You for sharing your insight.
PEACE ~ Soupy

SOWayz 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-14-05, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOWayz Click to send private message to SOWayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Not much progress; not many steps"
I think a big problem is that the women's issues are not in focus and their goals are not defined. What is "living large"? It seems more like a "problem DuJour" situation.

12-15-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Not much progress; not many steps"
>I think a big problem is
>that the women's issues are
>not in focus and their
>goals are not defined.
>What is "living large"?
>It seems more like a
>"problem DuJour" situation.

I think you're right, though this has been somewhat of a problem all along -- since the first season's HG Nyanza's goal of "Being More Authentic". Nyanza, like Lisa, was very self-centered. Though not quite as nasty, she too created problems and drama in the house that were never addressed.

In the past, a few of the HGs have had "fuzzy goal" problems ---the first Christine and PJ come to mind. But these were just one woman at a time out of six, rather than the current bunch who all seem to be rather unfocused most of the time.

Tiny_Star 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-15-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiny_Star Click to send private message to Tiny_Star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Not much progress; not many steps"
Unlike many of you - this is the 1st season I've ever watched & wish I'd been watching from the start. Actually I think I may have watched a couple episodes in past seasons - just don't remember... Anywho... I have to say I'm really disappointed in everyones progress (or lack there of) as well.

I can't for the life of me believe that Lisa is still there. I'm sorry - but I truley feel she should have been kicked out long ago. What incentive to improve do the other HG's have when they see they can stay even if they fail over & over again???

TJ - WOW! Is it me, or are they not really focusing on her enough? It seems - to me - that they just keep showing her how people perceive her - instead of trying to fix it. Bonus for her working hard each assignment, but we all know she's only doing it because of her need to be the best (or so it may seem), but she's not using what she's learned (or at least supposed to have learned).

Christina & Ali seem to just be hovering - like they've completed some tasks, but are now stuck...

Kudos to Jill for working hard - I know she'll get there - eventually.

Congrats Jessica for graduating!

WOnder what the new HG is like....

Pixeltalk 644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-27-06, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Not much progress; not many steps"
It is very true that the reason I dislike some of the women so strongly is because I am frustrated with their lack of progress.

The newbies seem to have a lot more potential to "start over."

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-27-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Not much progress; not many steps"
I think the goals as someone stated above are too out there. What is living large and how do you know when you've achieved it? Lisa's final step is soaring I believe? What does it look like? Will we know it when we see it?

I also think the other issue is they've chosen guests with therapy not LC issues and Rhonda and IV are so far out of their league their bordering on malpractice.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •