The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Vidcaps, "It hit everyone pretty hard"..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-08, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Vidcaps, "It hit everyone pretty hard"..."
Thanks to Survivor Fever:

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 CBS Press Release Images... Flowerpower 03-07-08 1
   RE: CBS Press Release Images... byoffer 03-07-08 3
       RE: CBS Press Release Images... Flowerpower 03-07-08 5
           RE: CBS Press Release Images... byoffer 03-07-08 7
               RE: CBS Press Release Images... Flowerpower 03-07-08 9
                   RE: CBS Press Release Images... dingbat 03-09-08 16
 RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone prett... Q 03-07-08 2
   RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone prett... Flowerpower 03-07-08 4
       RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone prett... Q 03-07-08 6
           RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone prett... byoffer 03-07-08 8
               RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone prett... vince3 03-07-08 10
                   RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone prett... michel 03-09-08 13
               RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone prett... PepeLePew13 03-11-08 19
       RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone prett... KObrien_fan 03-07-08 11
           RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone prett... J Slice 03-09-08 14
           RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone prett... Q 03-10-08 17
 PIP sports promo... Flowerpower 03-09-08 12
   RE: PIP sports promo... Scarlett O Hara 03-09-08 15
 Jeff Probst Preview Vidcaps... Flowerpower 03-11-08 18
   RE: Jeff Probst Preview Vidcaps... Bebo 03-11-08 20
   RE: Jeff Probst Preview Vidcaps... Outfrontgirl 03-12-08 21
       RE: Jeff Probst Preview Vidcaps... Flowerpower 03-12-08 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-07-08, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "CBS Press Release Images..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-08 AT 02:33 PM (EST)

Thanks to Survivor Fever:

Definately see 2 challenges here. The one where they are untying the knots and then also shots of running into the water, I think, are the same challenge, "Build it up,Break it down". This is a redo from the challenges in Palau. The tribes were sent a crate and rope and told to tie it up so to prevent the other tribe from opening it....looks like they have elaborated on the same challenge, as there is alot more than a crate that is all tyed up. Amanda is seen with the knots and if you look closely you can see her buff has fallen down off of her chest...

So, this picture must go with the one where they are seen running into the water as well...

Then there is another shot of the second challenge, with her buff off, and we see the structure in the forground

This structure matches what Cirie is holding, and must have received with the tree mail...

Thus, two challenges, both involving water...

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-08, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Press Release Images..."
Good obbservations, FloPo. I am not yet convinced there will be two challenges, but I am leaning that way.

This picture seems to have only females competing:

I thought the following was the all-guy equivalent, but Cirie and Tracey are running.

Could those two pictures be reverse order pics from the same heat of a race, and all the guys just got far ahead in the first one?

In the picture where Amanda is standing next to the structure holding the rope, it looks like she and Erik are wet. This must come after some of the water running pictures.

Note this picture:

- Jason's and Erik's hair still seem to be dry
- Amanda's buff is still covering her chest
- it looks like the knot structure is seen behind Jason

The only challenge pictures that look different involve the tower in the water.

- Although this could be part of the same challenge as above, I doubt it since the group are all so bunched, and if there were really running from the beach there is no way that the others would have kept up to Erik.
- It looks like Eliza, Jason, and Alexis (?) are going R to L in the picture, whereas Amanda, Chet, Erik and Cirie are coming straight towards the tower. Have Eliza etal already been to their tower? or are they behind the other team??

03-07-08, 03:32 PM (EST)
5. "RE: CBS Press Release Images..."
Hiya ByO! I think that in the first pic the boys have already flown past...the girls are much slower....then in the last pic, I think that they had the same start...don't think that Eliza etal has been to the structure yet, I think this is the two teams on their way to their perspective towers as they intersect...FWIW...Definately 2 challenges though.

03-07-08, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS Press Release Images..."
I would find it very hard to believe that the fastest female (Amanda?) would be that much slower than the slowest corpse male (Chet). And Chet is on the smaller tribe, so he wouldn't have sat out that challenge (unless someone from each tribe is a non-runner for that part of the challenge)

In the intersection picture, where did they start, on a platform? How else would Chet be so close to Erik so far from shore?

03-07-08, 03:55 PM (EST)
9. "RE: CBS Press Release Images..."
Byoffer: You make a valid point...unless Chet is hidden behind someone...he was right next to Cirie when they took off...

dingbat 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-09-08, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dingbat Click to send private message to dingbat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: CBS Press Release Images..."
IMO, they are near each other because they all just got out of their boat which is right behind them. The two tribes are passing each other to get to their towers which they all must stand on top of at the same time to win.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-07-08, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone pretty hard"..."
Well when I had blood poisoning, they gave me a shot of a thick, green antibiotic in the arse and it hurt like hell. The gauge of the needle was Spinal (16 or so) and really sucked.

They stated that if I had had a redline out of the puncture wound towards my heart (which I did not), or if I had a fever, they would have admitted me and put me on IV antibiotics, but as those symptoms were absent, they gave me the IM shot in the arse.

They also said... Whatever you had anywere in your body is gone now. That is how strong the antibiotic was. They also kept me for 1 hour post shot to make sure I did not have an Adverse Event reaction.

So why is Jon not treated on site? If he spikes a temp or has a redline, they will remove him for clinical treatment and observation. They would be extremely negligent if they do not do that. So what do you think? Fever?

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

03-07-08, 03:26 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone pretty hard"..."
Q, one word...YYEEEEOUCH!!! Thank Gawd you weathered it ok...I think the medic said she wasn't allowed to give him any antibiotic...so, I suppose that in their contracts there must be some kind of agreement that to participate and remain in the game the player must not receive any medication whatsoever...KO fan may know more about the details...Definately that cut of Jonathan's looks terrible in the vidcaps...he definately had no choice but to leave the game. If I had been there I would have told him to wash out that open wound immediately with the salt water... and to soak in the salt water regularly, and to also boil some water and put some kind of hot compresses on it regularly....no telling what kind of bacteria was in a dirty, rotten, tropical tree...it still makes me mad at SEG...

03-07-08, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone pretty hard"..."
Thanks FP.

That makes more sense. You cannot have that kind of infection and not be treated. Death can come very very fast once it hits the bloodstream. So if they will not give him the shot of antibiotics, then he has to leave for treatment.

And yes, he should have had the wound cleaned ASAP, but who knows why he did not. But based on the number of injuries so far this season (and thinking about it in all the more recent surviviors), I think they will not be happy until someone actually dies.

It still amazes me that Mike S's injury is still the worst trauma we have seen so far. But there have also been a bunch of long term health issues with others.

Thanks again for the info.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

03-07-08, 03:55 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone pretty hard"..."
there have also been a bunch of long term health issues with others.

Any details on these? I recall Daniel getting malaria in the Amazon, but don't recall any other long term health issues. Now I am curious!!

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-08, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone pretty hard"..."
I think I heard that Ashley Massaro (China) was sick for months after she got back home.....

Chet, from this season, is rumored to return home very lathargic, as well......

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-08, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone pretty hard"..."
A few months ago, Adam from Cook Islands said he had to have a second surgery to his foot that he injured during the game.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-08, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone pretty hard"..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-08 AT 03:01 PM (EST)

In addition to what KOB said below, Christy came home with a severe leg infection that was still giving her problems when she hung out with my group for the day in October 2003. Her season was filmed during the winter of 2003 and was on air in the spring.

She described it like the skin on the lower leg was literally being eaten away by some parasite, leaving it red and raw and didn't respond to various treatments for a few months.

Last I heard, she's currently travelling the world filming a series for "Discover Deaf Worlds" with her boyfriend, and will be out on DVD in time. Her younger brother was on the U.S. snowboarding team in the last Winter Olympics, finishing sixth.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-08, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone pretty hard"..."
A minor list of injuries/health issues through the years (this is in no way complete):

1. Colleen Haskell- bad gouges and scratches all over her legs that got infested by bugs that crawled inside to live and breed. It took almost a year for her legs to get back to mostly normal, but I'm sure she still has scars.

2. Lex and several others from Africa came back with stomach parasites and had to be treated for months after returning.

3. Kathy in Marquesas had to have her teeth fixed, the enamel was worn off by the limes that they ate. Robert had the bad rip on his toe that he had to live with on the island until his boot

4. Jake had major league blisters on his feet that got infected and he played through the pain, but it took a while to recover when back in the states. Robb had the stingray injury, treated when he got booted.

5. Amazon several players came back with stomach bugs that bothered for months

The list does go on but I am far too busy to continue. The rules regarding medical are:

1. Don't call medical if it is something that you wouldn't go to the emergency room at home for

They all do sign waivers/releases that they will not hold SEG accountable for injury, death, the usual.

They don't allow anybody that is on prescription meds to bring them with, they don't allow meds if you get injured. They will sew you up and let you move on if you feel that you can.

If you have contacts they do allow you to bring solutions and lenses. They furnish condoms and tampons, bandaids, sunscreen, minimal first aid kit.

They did not allow Chad to bring anything special for cleaning his prosthetic leg

They do allow folks to get IV's for being dehydrated and allow them to stay in the game, this part I just don't understand with all the other restrictions.

Jonathan by being tough as he is and wanting to stay in the game contributed to almost losing his leg and life, but the survivor doctors that initially treated him messed up too.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-08, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone pretty hard"..."
They don't allow prescription meds?

NO WONDER I HAVEN'T BEEN CALLED EVER!

Well... there goes my fantasy.

Ka-Blog Ka-Blammo!

03-10-08, 09:36 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Vidcaps, "It hit everyone pretty hard"..."
Also,

Kelly from Season 1 had stomach parasites and fought them for years. Her mother had an interview were she stated that she just sends the medical bills to CBS/Survivor Productions. She said they must be paying them as she has not heard any complaints for the 3 years she sent them, and no doctor complained about not getting paid either.

The rest of the list looks complete as well. But Kathy also had PTSD after the show to go along with her teeth problems as well. There have been quite a few G.I. issues as stated above. Most issues kept on the D.L.

Good list though K.O.F.

03-09-08, 08:49 AM (EST)
12. "PIP sports promo..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-08 AT 10:19 AM (EST)

Thanks to Survivor Phoenix! I have found when you post the PIP promo vidcaps in thumbnail size that they are clearer...

Poor Jonathan...this episode is going to be a heartbreaker! He certainly doesn't deserve to go this way....

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-09-08, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: PIP sports promo..."
... it looks like a Heartbreaker, indeed! Also, it appears as if most of the earlier PiPs are from previous episodes ...

03-11-08, 01:32 PM (EST)
18. "Jeff Probst Preview Vidcaps..."
Thanks to Survivor Fever...

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-08, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Jeff Probst Preview Vidcaps..."
Quite telling to see the Kathy scenes in that promo. We know from TV Guide that next week is two going home again, with the assumption being Kathy's removal from the game taking place. That preview looks like the start of the setup for that departure.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-08, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Jeff Probst Preview Vidcaps..."
pardon me if someone already commented on this, but the black line Jon has around his wound, looks to me like the medics or Jon marked the margins of the infected area. If you do that you can see if the red (nfection) zone begins to expand.

Poor Jonathan.
Living in Hawai`i as I do, which is also the tropics, we see more and more serious infections. Mostly it is some variety of staph. The doctors here don't mess around and treat them all as if they're MRSA (resistant) until they get a culture.

What puzzles me is that in the preview they tell Jonathan the antibiotics aren't working, which would seem to indicate he is getting meds, so have they broken the rule that KO explained? But then he needs more, like surgery to debrede it and IV antibiotics. These infections can actually turn the flesh necrotic and it must be removed. I'm thinking that might be why Jonathan had to have surgery.

Unfortunately it's not safe to wash a wound out with ocean water. Saline is great for washing, but warm ocean water has staph in it and vibrio (flesh-eating strep). There was a surfer here last year who cut himself on coral, washed the wound in sea water, and about six hours later went to the ER with advancing flesh-eating vibrio. Almost lost his arm and would have died quickly had he not realized he needed to go to ER.

Jonathan must not have that because his is progressing relatively slowly.

Anyway, given that ocean water is not safe, I don't think Jonathan had anything safe to clean his wound, other than their boiled water. They should have sterile saline for wounds. It's just ridiculous that they take such risks with people for a game.

Wishing Jonathan all the best. He's my favorite player and a lot of the sparkle and bite will be gone when he leaves.

03-12-08, 07:30 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Jeff Probst Preview Vidcaps..."
I agree, OFG, the game will sorely miss the likes of Jonathan, and what a disappointment with SEG. This is just the worst case scenario that you have favorites, like him, leaving the game this way....stinks. It would stink if anyone gets removed, but Jonathan is just a tragic event...imho.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •