The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-29-08, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 02-29-08 AT 04:37 PM (EST)

Based on the Previews, there is going to be a Tribal switch this episode. From what I saw of the glimpses of the challenges, here is the new tribal breakdown:

* Indicates I saw them wearing their new tribe color (all others must logically be on the Purple tribe).

Malakai Tribe (Purple):
Joel*
Chet*
Tracy
Ozzy
Amanda
Erik
Cirie
Parvati
Ami

Airai Tribe (Orange):
Kathy*
Alexis*
James*
Eliza*
Ami*
Parvati*
Jason*
Jonathan*
Natalie*

We also see Jonathan with a big gash on his leg getting some kind of fluid extracted from his knee with a syringe while Eliza in confessional tells us that he could lose his leg. Well, it looks like the next person leaving the island will do so not via Tribal Council, but by Med-evac and it looks like it's going to be Jonathan.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread UNCLERICH1 02-29-08 1
 RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread smokedog 02-29-08 2
 RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread b1whois 02-29-08 3
 RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread CTgirl 02-29-08 4
   RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread Bebo 02-29-08 5
       RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread Brownroach 02-29-08 10
       RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread CTgirl 03-01-08 17
 New Tribes CattyChat 02-29-08 6
   RE: New Tribes Scarlett O Hara 02-29-08 7
   RE: New Tribes Brownroach 02-29-08 11
       RE: New Tribes Flowerpower 03-01-08 13
       RE: New Tribes vince3 03-01-08 14
 RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread vince3 02-29-08 8
 RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread Flowerpower 02-29-08 9
 RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread Scarlett O Hara 02-29-08 12
 RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread Bebo 03-01-08 15
   RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread KLicK 03-01-08 16
   RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread Scarlett O Hara 03-01-08 18
       RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread Bebo 03-01-08 19
           RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread PepeLePew13 03-01-08 20
               RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread KObrien_fan 03-01-08 21
       RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread Erika221 03-02-08 22
 RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread Erika221 03-02-08 23
   RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread redbeard103152 03-02-08 24
 RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread Scarlett O Hara 03-02-08 25
   RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread Bebo 03-03-08 26
   RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread Brownroach 03-03-08 27
   RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread Flowerpower 03-04-08 28
       RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread Bebo 03-05-08 30
 Jeff Probst preview video CTgirl 03-04-08 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

UNCLERICH1 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-29-08, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UNCLERICH1 Click to send private message to UNCLERICH1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
HERE ARE A FEW VIDCAPS OF EP#5
http://tn_vs_s16_ep5_2_28_voiceover
http://vc_s16_ep5_2_28_0027
http://vc_s16_ep5_2_28_0003
http://vc_s16_ep5_2_28_0050

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-29-08, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 02-29-08 AT 05:44 PM (EST)

James/Parvati get split up as does Kathy/Tracy/Chet...interesting.

With Jonathan likely to be taken out, Krazy Kathy's meltdown imminent (no friends?), and Chet looking to be not long for the game, looks like Eliza got a reprieve with this switch for a few episodes.

edit; n/m looks like the list is updated!

b1whois 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-29-08, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail b1whois Click to send private message to b1whois Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
the application for survivor asks "what is the craziest thing you would do for a million dollars?" I, for one would NOT reply "lose a leg"!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-29-08, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
I wonder how the switch goes down - there's four of each on each new tribe so neither tribe has a majority. It will be fun to see how they scramble to get a 5th vote.

Eliza lucks out big time, but I am not looking forward to medevac eliminations. I'd rather see a competition and vote.

Scarlett Oz'Hara ®

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-29-08, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
4-4 tribes, 4-4 gender - pick 'em? Pick a member of the opposite sex from the opposite tribe?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-29-08, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
Faves tribe has 5 women and 3 three men. But they could do it that way and the last two Faves to be picked would both be women.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

03-01-08, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
Here are some pictures from Survivor Fever that show us how the switch goes down.

Jiffy’s holding two bags so the males and females get split up evenly.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

02-29-08, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "New Tribes"
LAST EDITED ON 02-29-08 AT 03:15 PM (EST)

Man, why a tribe shuffle so soon? I want the fans to suffer & get Pagonged following Joel's dumba$$ moves.

Here is how I see the new tribes, following what Scarlett started:

Airai - Orange
Parvati ~ Eliza ~ James ~ Jonathan
Kathy ~ Alexis ~ Jason ~ Natalie

Malakal - Purple
Ozzy ~ Amanda ~ Cirie ~ Ami
Joel ~ Chet ~ Tracy ~ Eric

Either it's karma or EPMB rigging the switch, because both "couples" end up together to further their romancing. Also, to me Airai should have the advantage and be the stronger tribe, except we see that Jonathan may be med-evac'd out.

Here's how I figured the tribes:

Prior to switch: (Note Parvati is ONLY female in large black tank top)

Here is during challenge. It looks like they're all linked together, with Parvati as the line leader and I assume James must be bringing up the rear and unpictured here:

Finally, this includes James with an orange buff.

02-29-08, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New Tribes"
LAST EDITED ON 02-29-08 AT 04:34 PM (EST)

Ohmyheck! I think your'e right, CC! I saw the black top on the previews this morning and it went by so fast, I assumed it was Ami because she wears a black bathing suit with a black top. But you have pointed out here that Parvati is also wearing a large black top. Good work!

Here's a better vidcap where you can clearly see Parvati's dark hair pulled back into a bun.

P.S. I was working off of film footage, not the vidcaps.

02-29-08, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: New Tribes"
Malakal must lose more IC's if the projected pre-merge boots are accurate. So we may see an Ozzy/Amanda/Cirie/Joel/Eric alliance on Malakal, to take out Tracy, Chet and Ami. Then perhaps dumping Joel right before the merge.

And Kathy and Jonathan definitely look like early casualties on Airai.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-08, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: New Tribes"

I agree, BR...looks like Airai will be the stronger tribe. Will Jonathan be medivaced out, sooner rather than later?

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-08, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: New Tribes"
There's also the possiblity of both tribes going to council..... Remember, in Cook Islands before the merge there were two double elimination episodes..... first time was both to tribal, second time was the mystery bottle with the "snuff one, snuff second one free" at the same TC.......

The only difference between now and then was that the jury began before the 2 for 1 snuffing.... if the jury starts at the traditional 9 this year..... then it will wait until after the merge.

As far as Malakal losing IC's, remember that Ozzy's not above throwing Immunity Challenges away...... and he's got the HII...... with a possible 2 Survivor lead by the next Episode, it might be interesting to see who sits out at Malakal and when.... Remember, in China they had Courtney sit out RC, and then when she had to play in the IC's she was useless.... if they do the same thing and have Chet and Tracy sit out the RC's and not the IC's........

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

02-29-08, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
......and the former Fan's tribe could be down 8-6 by the end of the next episode: Jonathon, if he's evac'd because of the leg injury, and Kathy, becacuse her self-mutilation/self-destruction is supposed to be upon us real soon........

02-29-08, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
We also see Jonathan with a big gash on his leg getting some kind of fluid extracted from his knee with a syringe while Eliza in confessional tells us that he could lose his leg.

I don't think they were extracting anything from his leg, they were injecting a local anesthetic in order to stitch him up....poor Jonathan, I would HATE to see him leave the game this way...

02-29-08, 07:44 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
Last night, one of Eliza's confessionals jumped out at me. Here it is ...

"I hate these people -- I do. I almost hope that they get sicker than I am and have to be removed from the game."

Immediately, I thought to myself, this has got to be foreshadowing. And it was. In the Ep. 5 Previews we are shown Jonathan having some sort of medical emergency with Eliza saying "He could lose his leg."

I also thought of the consequences of these words after seeing the expression on Eliza's face when Jiffy said "Drop your buffs". She was delighted about the Tribal switch as she knew she was next to go on the FAVs tribe.

I can't help but wonder if she will make the Jury. And if she does make the Jury and James/Ozzy are F-2 or 3, I wonder if they'll get Eliza's vote or if the bridge has been burned beyond repair.

03-01-08, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
So, do we just have one challenge or two this week because of the switch? Just trying to figure out if anyone goes to EI this week.

SurvivorFever got a tip that a brutal challenge injures at least two players. Since we know Jonathan gets hurt during this one, could this be the challenge that's being referred to? Who's the other player?

SurvivorFever also posts that two players were medivaced out. Kathy's supposed to go for mental/emotional reasons, while Jonathan's leg is possibly serious enough to get him out of the game. So either Kathy's the other person injured during the challenge, or someone else gets injured but not seriously enough to leave the game.

The Kathy speculation is that she freaks out and tries to cut off her fingers with a machete. Could she freak out because she almost accidentally cuts off her fingers during a challenge? Or does the strain of multiple trips to EI plus the demands of the challenge finally take their toll on her mental state, and then she goes for her own fingers? There was a commercial today commenting on how dangerous the IC was, and when the voiceover questioned whether players would be forced to leave the game. Both Kathy and Jonathan were shown during that comment.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-01-08, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
TV Guide refers to the brutal challenge as being for reward, but they aren't always right.

The fans and favorites tribes are mixed up. At the reward challenge, several players are hurt and an injury threatens to take one castaway out of the game. Also, one woman catches a shark that provides a feast for her tribe.

03-01-08, 06:49 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
Since we know Jonathan gets hurt during this one, could this be the challenge that's being referred to? Who's the other player?

If I had to guess, I would say Chet!

03-01-08, 07:59 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
According to spoilers, Chet's foot gets injured on coral. The challenge pictures we're seeing online look like a land challenge. Either there are two challenges and we're not seeing footage from the brutal challenge, or there is a water portion we haven't been shown that requires the whole team to participate. We've already been shown Chet's weakness in the water - if his tribe had a choice, they wouldn't pick him to complete a water task.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-08, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
Has it been mentioned anywhere if Shet hurt his foot during a challenge or could it have simply happened while doing a casual roam/searching for food along the shoreline?

I haven't seen any previews highlighting Shet so while it's possible he's the second person who got hurt besides Jonathan, it's not going to be enough to have him medivaced out of the game. 'Tis a pity as he's completely useless in this game. Look at the vidcap thread - when you see his tribe on the mat just before the swap was announced, Shet is totally on the far back edge, away from the others with only Alexis within arm's length. He's 120% exiled from the rest of his tribe.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-08, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
Chet injured his foot in the water challenge a couple episodes back with the sacks and football. Players were warned to wear their shoes that there was coral in the water and Chet didn't heed the warning. He has been hurting since.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

Erika221 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-02-08, 06:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Erika221 Click to send private message to Erika221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
Actually Survivor Fever has a cap of the promo and it looks like Parvati has a fat lip LOL....not really a Parvati fan, so it is kind of amusing.

I will be really sad if Jonathan has to leave this episode though - he makes such great tv

Credit: Survivor Fever

Erika221 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-02-08, 06:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Erika221 Click to send private message to Erika221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
The PIP Promo seems to indicated that there may be a Joel vs Ozzy rivalry going on...wonder how this will play out?

CREDIT: Survivor Fever

The voice-over says:
Thursday, on Survivor: Two rivals suddenly find themselves on the same tribe. Who will dominate?

Knowing was a supreme idiot Joel is, my guess is Ozzy dominates

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-02-08, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
Especially with Mikeys comment about Joel not being a very good swimmer. His rivary with Dolphin Boy will be a very short lived one. I think we can take that fact to the bank.

03-02-08, 06:26 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
Let me be the first to make a prediction...

The tribes are now 4 and 4 each. One side, Fans or Favs, has got to get the upper hand somehow. If the Malakal's indeed lose the IC, Tracy and Chet will band together and Cirie and Ami won't be hard to convince that Joel is the best choice to boot on nu-Malakal. Ozzy won't like it much as he likes to keep the strongest, but he'll need to get rid of the heavyweight before the merge ... so....

Last week we saw Joel v. Mikey. Joel ended up on top.

This week we'll see Joel v. Ozzy. Now who do you think will end up on top this time?

BAM! Joel's Outta there!

03-03-08, 10:55 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
I love ya hear, but at this point, I'm going to disagree. I think that Joel is not long for the game, but I think he'll be OK this week.

I think the Favs will target Chet. We've seen Joel complain about Chet's uselessness on more than one occasion. We've also seen Tracy predict that going after Chet would bring about Joel's demise. I think she's right. Joel will be an easy sell to get rid of the "useless" weak link, and then the Favs can go after Joel next TC and take him out 4-3. They can easily throw a challenge before merge to head to TC, if they don't lose one legitimately.

The two rivals - Ozzy and Joel - will work together this ep, since both can get what they want. But Joel's success in getting rid of Chet will come back to cost him, as Tracy told him it would.

03-03-08, 11:47 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-08 AT 01:55 PM (EST)

I'm with Bebo. Joel isn't going anywhere just yet. Ozzy has a history of targeting weak players, not strong players he doesn't necessarily get along with. Chet and Tracy are going to be in trouble if New Malakal has to go to TC this week.

ETA -- Although...

On second thought, New Malakal booting a strong person now could help fulfill the spoilers that many of their members leave pre-jury, due to subsequent IC losses.

03-04-08, 08:20 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"

Yep, I am in agreement. I am thinking that Joel will indeed meet his match this week. How ironic. Why would they be playing up the Ozzy vs. Joel so much in the vidcaps, one will dominate...it should be Airai vs. Malakal....Also, we see Joel berating Chet severely this ep in the vidcaps...something has to give and I think it will be Joel.

I do not think that Jonathan's stitches will force him out of the game at this point. He's getting a few stitches, he should be able to suck it up somewhat and I don't see him quitting. I wonder what Erik will do when he's on Ozzy's team, they will be floored by the conditions and set up at Malakal...and then the shark will be icing on the cake.

03-05-08, 10:19 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Ep. 5 - Discussion Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-08 AT 10:22 PM (EST)

I'm wavering. That's the biggest reason I haven't voted in the vote thread yet.

We've seen that Ozzy is going to pay more attention to the social aspect of the game this season. If he eliminates Joel, then he has guaranteed his position in the tribe as the strongest male and guaranteed his alliance will dominate until the merge. He'll also have removed one of his biggest threats to post-merge individual immunity. Chet's no threat to Ozzy whatsoever.

Tracy's prophecy can still be fufilled. If Joel is so focused on eliminating Chet, Joel's a ripe target for a blindside.

ETA: The ep. 6 description also bodes for Joel to go this week. There's nothing to indicate a shocking boot, which means that someone weak or weakened by injury would likely be heading out. So if the Joel-Ozzy rivalry is a non-story next week, it would make sense that one of them is no longer around.

03-04-08, 02:43 PM (EST)
29. "Jeff Probst preview video"
Here is Jeff's preview of episode 5:

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6330809G9EkCD4k

He talks about the switch and then shows Jonathan's leg being sewn up saying it starts a story arc for the rest of the season: the physical toll Survivor Fans vs. Favs takes on the players.

Scarlett Oz'Hara ®

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •