The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Much Ado about Micronesia"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-04-08, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Much Ado about Micronesia"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-08 AT 09:30 AM (EST)

I thought that these great links deserved a thread for their discussion.

This link at Survivor Fever offers up Micronesia's Tribal names and much, much more found at Film Palau/Roll ‘Em Productions. And, if you read Roll 'Em's fine print, there is even more to come!

Note: Survivor Fever credits this find to the folks at Survivor Maps.

Edited to update link to Survivor Maps with its terrific location graphics.

G

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Much Ado about Micronesia Flowerpower 01-06-08 1
   The idol. Estee 01-06-08 2
   RE: Much Ado about Micronesia Georgianna 01-17-08 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-06-08, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Much Ado about Micronesia"
You are absolutely right about that, Georgianna, these links are HUGE! Hats off I think to Wezzie and Dan for EXTREME spoiling! Year after year, season after season these two are consistant! I have blown up a few vidcaps for everyone...(also great job to Survivor Fever for being the "go to" site this season! WELL DONE and as always, thanks for sharing!

We all know who the BIG FISH is...EPMB and friends.

This one is for a challenge....

This is the first clue to the hidden II...

This is the set of rules concerning the Hidden II...

Here are parts of a giant puzzle challenge...note the tribe colors and names...

More challenge pieces...

Here is the piece that probably fits with the picture above...

More props for challenges...

Wonder if the coconuts will go in a sling shot of some kind, or be thrown at a target???

Here is the tribal council site...

Phenomenal find, THANKS!

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-06-08, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "The idol."
First: I'm going to solve the clue.

Go back to where you first entered the game. A personal possession belonging to whoever got voted out first will be somewhere in the area, kept in a high place that will require climbing to reach, and the idol will be inside. (We'll see how wrong I am in about a month.)

Second: if the idol(s) expire at F5, then we're looking at a (censored) Final Three in front of the jury again.

Third: Completely unrelated to the idol -- but for those of you who wondered: that's just about Turare purple.

And I see orange... ever feel like MB was having a multi-season joke at your expense?

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-17-08, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Much Ado about Micronesia"
LAST EDITED ON 01-18-08 AT 10:19 AM (EST)

Hooray!

I just knew that, if I put the links up, you would appear to work your visual magic. So, Thank You!

And now that you’ve once again gotten everything organized for us, I have a few comments and a lot of questions about the HII:

1. Clue #1 is superimposed on a map of the Eleven Islands that was “found” in an over-the-water hut that was erected in that same area as part of a Challenge.

So, does “found” mean that Roll ‘Em’ personnel found the Clue in the hut during filming or cleanup? Or does it mean that it is Roll ‘Em’s information that a contestant found it there? Or both?

And we know that Exile Island (the concept) is back. So, can we safely conclude that it is once again the vehicle for the delivery of HII Clues? Because if it is – and if a contestant (and/or Roll 'Em) found Clue #1 in a hut located at what would logically be Challenge Site #1 – then doesn’t the whole thing begin to sound very much like the – First Meeting, First (Reward) Challenge, First Exile – start of S12 (Panama: Exile Island)? A start that saw one (The Younger Women’s tribe) fall but where, at the end of the day, there still was a part (Misty)?

Note: That last is pushing it … I think that it is much more likely that the Clue (“where one has fallen, there still is a part”) refers to a Challenge prop (or props) or (less likely) to a terrain feature (or features).

2. Xs on the map indicate that three more HII Clues were to be found on three other islands within the Eleven Islands. We’re also told that the show’s Challenges were spread over many islands/beaches.

So, were the Xs placed on the map by SEG? And the first Exile, having found Clue#1, was then aware of the location of each of the other three Clues? Or were the Xs placed on the map after it was found by Roll ‘Em?

Because if the Xs were there when the first Exile found the map, then I think that Exile Island was one island from which the Exiles were able to travel to the other three: it would make little sense to provide a map to Clue locations that couldn’t be reached. And because SEG would hardly direct them to yet-to-be-used Challenge sites, I think that the start to which the Exiles must always return to search for the HII (or HIIs) is that island and the debris of the Game’s beginning: its initial Reward Challenge.

However, if the Xs were placed there by Roll ‘Em, then I think that the possibility exists that S16 boasts four Exile Islands: each one the site of the start of a Reward Challenge that left in its wake a fallen tribe and props, an abandoned Exile and … a Hidden Immunity Idol?

Either scenario puts some pizzazz back into a “twist” that on its last outing gave its Exiles little to do but read a Clue … and wait. And that, of course, is why I’m (once again) probably wrong and Estee is (once again) probably right …

On another note:

I was so glad to see the HII Rules spelled out! But, I’ll admit that I’m still somewhat confused by the brevity and ambiguity of the “stealing” clause.

For instance, when Jaime searched James’ possessions to discover the Idols, had she taken them the act would have, clearly, been … stealing.

But, when Peih-Gee (who, purportedly, until that moment was not even certain of their existence) discovered the Idols hidden in the roof of a common structure (theoretically, placed there to be found) and who could only speculate that they might belong to James (because James had certainly not announced his good fortune to the group-at-large), I don’t think that there was anything clear about the matter at all.

And, given Peih-Gee’s personality and her own and Erik’s circumstances at Hae Da Fung (‘nothing to lose’ sums it up nicely), I think that the scenario that we saw reeked of production’s interference in the Game.

I know that, unless those Idols had been pried from my hot little hands by Probst himself, I would have taken them! And then sat back to relish the carnage …

Whatever: I hope that one of the lessons learned from that awkward episode was that HIIs need to be … small.

G

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •