The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-03-08, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
LAST EDITED ON 01-05-08 AT 09:02 AM (EST)

As usual, Jeff had a little bit to dish out on all of the players, and it might be possible to read just a little bit about how the game played out from his words -- and the mini-quotes they choose to hand out from the actual contestants. Here's what the article had to present, with my commentary added.

As always, remember:

Jeff likes to mislead people while he's simultaneously dropping hints.

And for my part, I'm very probably wrong.

Edit: On 1/05, I added the contestant biographies from the CBS website. No additional commentary on them (yet?) -- just thought it was a good idea to have it all in one place.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The Fans
JOEL ANDERSON

HOMETOWN: Avondale, Ariz.

CBS BIO: Joel Anderson is a firefighter for the city of Phoenix, Arizona. He assists in the treatment and transport of patients with medical emergencies and also helps fight fires. He has previously worked for a private ambulance company and has also taught. Anderson received a BA in human communications from Arizona State University.

Anderson's hobbies include training for his job, swimming and motorcycles. He runs and lifts weights regularly. His favorite sport is Olympic-style wrestling. He describes himself as driven, loyal and caring. He thinks his perseverance, self-confidence, heart, power, strength, endurance, work-ethic, intelligence, resourcefulness, EMS skills and positive attitude are all skills he possesses to do well on SURVIVOR.

Anderson has previously lived in Tempe, Arizona and Waukesha, Wisconsin. He is a member of the International Association of Firefighters, Local 493 and the United Phoenix Firefighters Association.

He and his wife, Jasmyn, currently reside in Avondale, Arizona, with their two sons, Kaden and Gavin. The have two labrador retrievers, Turbo and Thunder. His birth date is June 1, 1975.

JOEL SAYS: ''Bottom line, I'm here for my family. If I just wanted to go on vacation and hang out on the beach, I'd take my family with me.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Joel is the one guy who might be able to give James a run for his money, because he is every bit as big as James. He's a fireman, he's a father and a husband, and when I met with him the thing that really struck me is how he does everything for his wife and his family. And I like that about him. He's a big, big guy, and these challenges start off physical right from the get-go. Sometimes being a physical threat works against you early; I think in Joel's case it's going to be advantageous.''

Estee says: In other words, only those who are feeling particularly tribe-suicidal or who push the Hunter Button would get rid of Joel before the merge. This also tells us that the intellectual and social challenges don't really show up early, and it could be Eat The Weak for the losing tribe -- which puts Yau-Man and Jon at risk for the Favorites if they fall behind early. On the other hand, the big man who's out here for his family and has Tom's hero background to call on is just about an automatic jury threat -- and Joel will have to do some major scrambling to make it very deep into the individual stage. That, or he's going to have to offend some people...

NATALIE BOLTON

HOMETOWN: West Hollywood, Calif. (originally from Houston)

CBS BIO: Natalie Bolton was born and raised in Houston, Texas. She works as a personal trainer and bartender. She's also had several odd jobs including a gym floor sweeper and busboy, and served as a missionary in Costa Rica, Panama, El Salvador, Venezuela, Chile, Hong Kong and China. She previously fronted a rock band in Los Angeles, California.

Bolton enjoys traveling, trying new restaurants and tinkering with her 1972 Cutlass Supreme. She enjoys boxing, sweating and being with her close friends. Bolton describes herself as self-reliant, bitchy and big-hearted. She indicates that, although she seems guarded, she is in fact a lover and nurturer underneath the surface. In her spare time she enjoys singing in her band. She believes her extensive world travel, athleticism, ability to read people and understanding of the human condition will be skills that will help her on SURVIVOR.

Bolton is currently single and lives in West Hollywood, California with her three birds, Libre, Sebastian and Prince. Her birth date is December 31, 1975.

NATALIE SAYS: ''I need to be fearless again. I want to unearth all those things when I was 8 and didn't give a s--- about what people thought, and I did it anyway.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''I'm on the fence with Natalie because I can't figure out if she has any business being in this game or not. On paper she sounds great — she's a personal trainer and she's young and she's attractive — but when I watched the first few moments on the show, I'm not sure her attitude is going to be able to survive. You have to have a sense of humor or you're going to be a miserable person if you can't laugh about being hungry at some point. I'm not sure Natalie's had to go through anything as difficult as what she's about to go through.''

Estee says: Courtney without the built-in sarcasm that made us consider postponing her death until after the end of her next confessional? Physical condition isn't everything: if you're not mentally ready to do this, you are in trouble -- and Natalie could turn into Ashley in a hurry without having the illness excuse to fall back on: 'It's cold! It's wet! I'm hungry! I'm attractive! Why isn't someone buying me dinner!' If she whines slowly and without being too loud about it, the negativity could carry her as a potential F2/3 partner: too early and no exertion, goodbye.

MICHAEL BORTONE

HOMETOWN: Los Angeles (originally from Boston)

CBS BIO: Originally from Boston, Massachusetts, Michael Bortone is an aspiring writer/actor who studies at the Actors Circle Theatre. He once owned a chimney and masonry company and also managed a bar/restaurant. Bortone attended the Maine Central Institute (prep school) and two years of college at Northeastern University in Boston. He has appeared in commercials for Levi's, American Express and Progressive Auto.

Bortone's hobbies include traveling, sports and movies. He regularly plays basketball and softball and enjoys running. He describes himself as resilient, available and easy-going. He is most proud of finishing screenplays and producing a short film. His favorite sport is football. He believes his fishing skills and ability to build things will help him on SURVIVOR.

Bortone is currently single and resides in Los Angeles, California. with his pit bull, Coco. His birth date is December 29, 1973.

MICHAEL SAYS: ''I'm good at reading people. You got to be everybody's best friend.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''I like Mikey B. a lot. He's Boston, and Boston is so damn good to Survivor. He's got a colorful way of saying the most mundane thing, and that makes him somebody I will love to go to at Tribal Council.''

Estee says: This is a really short section... Is something being concealed here, or does Jeff just not get to go to Michael at TC that many times before he gets voted out? Sure, go ahead and be everyone's best friend, just like Brian. But you're among fans -- and this time, people may compare notes well before the endgame starts.

TRACY HUGHES-WOLF

HOMETOWN: Fredericksburg, Va.

CBS BIO: Tracy Hughes-Wolf is a commercial and residential builder. She formerly worked as a fitness studio owner and did some acting and modeling. She attended some college at Chowan College in Murfreesboro, North Carolina and Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia, before dropping out to start her own aerobic workout company.

Hughes-Wolf's hobbies include scuba diving, skiing (snow and water), rollerblading, parachuting and kayaking. She describes herself as charismatic, funny and fit. She believes her resourcefulness, athletic ability, resilience, and competitive, yet forgiving, nature will help her on SURVIVOR. She is a member of the Aerobic and Fitness Association of America and is a Room Mother at Fredericksburg Academy when she can fit it in her schedule.

Hughes-Wolf currently resides in Fredericksburg, Virginia with her husband of 10 years, Phillip, and their children, Madison and Abigail. They have two Boston terriers, Elliot and Eleanor, and one hamster, Wesley. Her birth date is July 9, 1964.

TRACY SAYS: ''I'm a thrill seeker. I want to push myself to that point where I know I can do it.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Tracy should be very valuable because of her background, because she's a woman who works in construction. I don't know how much she wants to share about what she does, because there's a part of her that thinks if she comes on too strong could be seen as a threat. But on paper, this is something you rarely get: somebody who knows how to build. Boston Rob knew how to build things and that made him hugely valuable. I think Tracy could be the same way.''

Estee says: You need a shelter. If you're capable of building one, you don't bother, and people find out later, that's going to turn into one of the most deserved revenge votes in series history. Of course, you could just make it look like you studied up before you came out here -- you are supposed to be a fan, after all... Tracy looks like one of the strongest females in this group -- Ami should love her, but that comes into play later -- and I can't see her as being the first boot. This looks like a mid-jury specimen. (Of course, she could go as soon as everyone says 'Well, that's the roof. We'll do the work on the swingset.')

ALEXIS JONES

HOMETOWN: Beverly Hills (originally from Austin, Tex.)

CBS BIO: Alexis Jones was born and raised in Austin, Texas, with four older brothers. She received her bachelor’s degree in international relations and Spanish and most recently finished her master’s degree in communications management, both from the University of Southern California. While at USC, Jones hosted a college television show (for three years) called “Doing It for Reel,” where she interviewed celebrities on the red carpet of movie premieres and press junkets.

Jones is a motivational speaker who works one-on-one with young girls to build confidence and self-esteem. She just created an empowerment/non-profit organization for young girls called “I Am That Girl.” While still in school, she worked at Fox Sports and interned with ESPN (mostly because she is a self-described “sports junky”). She also founded and reported for a website that covered the 2005 USC football season.

Her hobbies include hanging out with family and friends, writing (she’s currently working on an empowerment book for girls titled “Comatose Barbie”) and watching college football. She describes herself as contagiously energetic, fiercely competitive and resilient. She has traveled to Costa Rica, Spain, China and Morocco and has hiked 150 miles to the base of Mt. Everest. She is a member of the Bel Air Presbyterian Church. Jones enjoys playing volleyball, flag football, soccer and has just completed a triathlon.

Jones is currently single and resides in Beverly Hills, California. Her birth date is July 6, 1983.

ALEXIS SAYS: ''People will see the Southern belle in me. But I'm fiercely competitive — despite my dimples.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''When she came in she was so excited. And I launched into this speech about how you need to drop the excitement and get your head in the game because these other people out here, they're already playing, they're already playing you, and they're already seeing you're this little simple girl from Texas that they're going to run right over. And she looks at me and says, 'I've read every person here.' And she had a pretty good read on everybody. I thought, This is all I need to know. This girl knows how to play. As a fan, I picked this girl to win.''

Estee says: Dead. Meat. This is America's Non-Winning Sweetheart. The odds on Jeff giving us the winner exist -- 'No one will ever believe me if I just say it outright!' -- but they're pretty low. She could be an early sacrificial lamb, or she could reach the merge -- but just being able to read people doesn't mean you can do anything with the results.

ERIK REICHENBACH

HOMETOWN: Ypsilanti, Mich. (works in Hell, Mich.)

CBS BIO: Erik Reichenbach was born and raised in Pinckney, Michigan. He is currently in his senior year of studying art at Eastern Michigan University, and is a member of the college's track team. Reichenbach works at an ice cream parlor called "Screams" in Hell, Michigan, where he also designs t-shirts, hauls canoes and entertains his customers. He previously worked in landscaping, construction and as a freelance graphic designer.

Reichenbach's hobbies include drawing, writing comic books, rock-climbing and studying philosophy/religion. He describes himself as animated, earnest and familiar. He is very proud of his running accomplishments during his senior year of high school, where he set the school's 400 yard record (49.3 seconds), and being able to run in the Nike Outdoor Nationals in Carolina. Reichenbach is a member of the Eastern Michigan Cross Country and Track team, Pinckney Pirate Track and Field Alumni and a rock climbing club.

Reichenbach believes he'll go far on SURVIVOR because he is a good listener, entertaining, optimistic, athletic, a creative thinker and can easily be a leader or a follower.

Reichenbach is currently single and lives in Ypsilanti, Michigan, with his cats, Furrball and Kittyfizzle (K-Fizz for short). His birth date is November 27, 1985.

ERIK SAYS: ''I want to do this for myself, to grow up more. I haven't experienced a lot of life. I haven't experienced a lot of stress.'' (Trust us, Erik — you will.)

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Erik loves the show more than anyone I have ever met. He remembers things that I did that I don't remember. He's a young kid, and that young exciting energy is what's going to keep him in this game and could easily be what gets him knocked out, because he doesn't have the maturity of life to know when he's being played. That's what he's going to have to watch out for. Because you could see people looking at him on Day One and going, 'Who is the kid in the green shoes, for crying out loud?'''

Estee says: He's Sanjaya. Yes, I'm serious. He's going to get some of the tweens worshiping at his green-clad feet, he's going to stay around a little longer than his talent might suggest, and then he's going to go bye-bye. This could be a pre-jury victim -- you don't want the major experts to reach the merge, do you? And besides, the 'I serve ice cream -- in Hell!' jokes are going to wear thin really fast.

MARY SARTAIN

HOMETOWN: Emeryville, Calif.

CBS BIO: Mary Sartain is a co-owner of Statewide Financial, a real estate and financial company that, under her supervision, houses a team of loan officers, salespersons and assistants. She has worked in sales all her life. Sartain attended some college at California State, Hayward, where she took courses in art and business. She also attended real estate school and is currently in Broker School.

Sartain lived in Quito, Ecuador when she was five years old. She moved to Oahu, Hawaii, when she was 18 years old to explore island living. She eventually moved to San Francisco and then Walnut Creek, California.

Sartain's hobbies include painting, basketball and Bikram yoga. She describes herself as energetic, strong-willed and an achiever. She is most proud of realizing her potential at a very young age and having been in business since she was 19 years old. In addition to her ability to adapt mentally and physically, Sartain believes that her skills of being able to put people together (as she does in her everyday work) to create the outcome that she desires will help her go far on SURVIVOR.

Sartain is currently single and resides in Emeryville, California, with her two Abyssinian cats, Kya and Portia. Her birth date is November 11, 1978.

MARY SAYS: ''This is closer to $1 million than I've ever been. I'm definitely in it for the money. I'm largely money-driven.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''I think Mary coming into the game is going to be on the bubble. She's either going to learn where to fit in this group quickly or she's going to be on the outs for the whole time. Mary's best play is to hide in the middle, not become a nuisance, just hang out and see if you can hang out long enough that your vote becomes valuable.''

Estee says: Gee, that sounds like a really familiar strategy. Looks like Amanda's going to be dealing with her spiritual counterpart on the other side of the divide, probably right down to the identical blur... Quiet and under the radar will frequently get you somewhere, but your tribe has to keep winning to do it -- and if your vote needs to become valuable, Mary probably doesn't have a solid alliance early.

JASON SISKA

HOMETOWN: Fox River Grove, Ill.

CBS BIO: Jason Siska is currently a student teacher at Prairie Middle School in Barrington, Illinois, and also coaches gymnastics for middle and elementary school boys. He previously worked as a nude model for the Illinois State University Art Department, a carpenter/construction worker and after-school supervisor for Glenn Elementary School. He studied history and Spanish for four years at Illinois State University.

Born and raised in St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands, Siska moved to the "gold coast" of Chicago for five years before moving to the Barrington area for eight years. He then moved to Normal, Illinois for college.

Siska's hobbies include frisbee, rock-climbing, soccer and sailing. He describes himself as spontaneous, liberal and inquisitive. He is most proud of traveling alone for a summer in Central America and volunteering his services in Costa Rica and then backpacking through Columbia and the Lost City. He believes his abilities to rock-climb, fish, hunt, camp, cook, fire-tend, swim, boat and being a great masseuse will help him go far on SURVIVOR. He is also a certified PADI scuba diver.

Siska is currently single and lives in Fox River Grove, Illinois, with his Himalayan cats, Baby and Little Girl, along with his corn snake, Copper. His birth date is March 4, 1985.

JASON SAYS: ''I'm not evil or devious. But I can be. If it comes down to lying, I have no problem.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Jason loves to compare himself to Ozzy . He thinks Ozzy is the greatest player to ever participate in Survivor — I think he's kind of got a man-crush on him. He's coming on strong in the beginning saying, 'I'm going to go toe-to-toe with Ozzy. I can climb coconut trees just like he can, I can swim just like he can, and I'm just as athletic as he is.' My response to that is, it's one thing to say it and another thing to do it. So he can talk the talk, but the big question is, can he walk the walk?''

Estee says: He probably can for the tribal stage as long as he doesn't openly run his mouth off to the point where pushing the Hunter Button starts to look like a really good idea. But the more of a physical threat you make yourself out to be, the better your alliance has to be at the merge. The other option is to start going for the pure win by taking every necklace, or being so strong that you get Exiled -- see below -- and ride the resulting idol to the end. Early jury, probably.

KATHLEEN SLECKMAN

HOMETOWN: Glen Ellyn, Ill.

CBS BIO: Born in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, Kathleen Sleckman currently works at a golf course in Illinois where she moves about selling thirsty golfers snacks and beer. She previously worked as a bartender, computer graphics artist and a plumber in the Seabees with the United States Navy. She attended St. Paul's Catholic Grade School, Manitowoc Lincoln High School and the U.W. Extension Program in Manitowoc.

Sleckman has lived in Port Hueneme, California, Pacific Beach, Washington, Agana, Guam (for military service) and Oxnard, California. She describes herself as intellectually astute, sarcastically witty and a tad bit shallow. Her hero is Max Factor as, without his invention of make-up, she would be a veritable shut-in. She believes her excellent puzzle-solving skills, athleticism, knowledge of outdoor survivor skills and ability to motivate others will help her go far on SURVIVOR.

Sleckman resides in Glen Ellyn, Illinois, with her husband, Rick, their six-year-old child, Maddison, and their dog, Wilson Von Barkypants Goldendoodle. Her birth date is August 14, 1962.

KATHLEEN SAYS: Sleckman's ideal alliance? ''I'm tending to look for misfits, people who are psychologically or emotionally damaged, like myself.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''We almost put Kathy on Vanuatu and we didn't. It's one thing to have a positive attitude, it's another to survive 39 days eating some rice, clams, and an occasional fish. I think Kathy's going to be tested enormously, and the longer she lasts, the tougher it's going to be unless she can embrace it. It's not an easy season out there. It rained almost every night we were there, and if you get sent to Exile, it can be brutal.''

Estee says: We just got two vital pieces of game information. Tracy's suddenly more vital than ever if the weather's that bad and she shows her skills. Plus Exile Island is back (again) and while there's better ways to distribute idol clues, apparently no one's willing to try one just yet. (We can't take Jeff's diet claim too seriously -- Rewards can play a huge part, but we could assume there isn't much fruit around, and they're clearly getting rice again. The fishing may be bad, though -- and combined with the weather, that could make it a really rough season.)

As for Kathy -- there's definitely a sense of humor here, and consider that compared to what Jeff said about Natalie. I don't know if Kathy can laugh her way all the way to the bank, but if she can cover up for potentially being one of the weaker assets during the tribal stage, she might be able to ride a pretty good distance into the game. Note that Jeff invokes Exile Island on her entry: it doesn't automatically mean she's going there (as she's a weird choice to weaken), but... Then again, if it's brutal enough, there's a chance we're looking at a quitter.

CHET WELCH

HOMETOWN: Ford City, Pa.

CBS BIO: Chet Welch currently works in customer service for a pharmacy that supplies nursing homes and hospitals with resident-specific medications. He has been in the pharmacy business for 20 years. After finishing high school, he attended college classes in business and music.

Welch has lived in Ford City, Pennsylvania, in the same house his entire life, but has traveled throughout the United States. He enjoys swimming, hiking, kayaking, dancing and yoga. Welch describes himself as magical, determined and unknowing. He is most proud of having coached 11 Miss Pennsylvania pageant contenders to win the title (he is a pageant coach for Miss America in his spare time). He believes the fact that he is fit, intelligent, crafty and street/country smart will help him go far on SURVIVOR.

Welch continues to live in Ford City, Pennsylvania, with his significant other. Having rescued animals for 40 years, he currently houses his three dogs (Forrester, Chance and Savanna), along with 15 sheep, 75 ducks and three cats. His birth date is October 22, 1959.

CHET SAYS: ''I play outside the box. I know how to stand out, and I know what I need to do.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Chet works in the pageant world. He produces winners and he will do whatever it takes to get his pageant girl to win. If he plays this game the way he plays in the pageant world, then he is definitely a force to be reckoned with. If he doesn't, he could be going home soon. He has sort of been playing a version of Survivor for the past 20 years in the pageant world, and he gets this game.''

Estee says: Getting a definite Brian vibe off that photo... I find Jeff's wording interesting on this entry: he's making it sound like Chet's primary game-skill may be in promoting someone else. Can he get a strong alliance partner and fade into the shadows behind them, coming out -- or backstabbing them -- when the moment is right? Is he going to be Amber to someone else's Rob? (Yes, that's a weird image. Live with it.) He produces winners -- it doesn't mean he becomes one...
The Favorites
YAU-MAN CHAN

HOMETOWN: Martinez, CA
SEASON: Survivor: Fiji

CBS BIO: Originally from Malaysian Borneo, Yau-Man Chan attended All Saints Secondary School in Kota Kinabalu. He moved to the U.S. where he received a Bachelor of Science degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He went on to receive his Master of Science degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara.

Yau-Man Chan is the Chief Technology Officer for the College of Chemistry at the University of California, Berkeley. In this position, he manages and runs the information systems infrastructure for administrative, research and teaching units of the college. This includes setting up networks, computers and managing business database systems. He previously worked designing electronic circuits for scientific instruments to collect data. He's also been a housepainter, cook and dishwasher.

Chan enjoys playing table tennis, bicycling, woodworking and reading. He is a member of the USA Table Tennis Association. He describes himself as intellectual and contemplative. He considers himself a natural leader, a good organizer, very skilled with his hands, very resourceful and feels he possesses a keen intellect.

Chan currently resides in Martinez, California with his wife of 24 years, Jennifer. They have two children, Penelope and Ione. They also have a dog, Tucker, and two rabbits, Ruby and Cupid. His birth date is August 26, 1952.

YAU-MAN SAYS: ''Last time, I was able to play the weak old man under the radar before the merge. I definitely cannot do that .''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''You can't do a favorites season without Yau-Man. He's sort of the Rudy of this season. He'll be the oldest guy and the most frail and probably be one of the most popular. Yau-Man's problem is going to be those things. He's so popular, everyone there knows that he's popular and well liked, and everybody knows what happened to him in Fiji. But I think Yau-Man's going to have to come out and play aggressive. I don't think he can play that same game of just chopping coconuts and being everyone's friend.''

Estee says: And here we have a triple-threat agreement, which probably means we're all wrong. I'll echo them and what I already said in Bashers: this time, everyone knows Yau is one of the weirdest challenge threats in game history, along with a potential idol problem if he gets his hands on a clue. He knows he has to change his game, and he might be the most capable of change -- but are the others going to give him the chance? And remember where Rudy went in A.S.S. Yau could go a long way again, but he needs time to play new cards -- which pretty much requires the Favorites to go on a winning streak during the tribal stage.

JAMES CLEMENT

HOMETOWN: Lafayette, LA
SEASON: Survivor: China

CBS BIO: James Clement owns a burial service and he is a gravedigger. In addition, he works security at nightclubs and weddings and bartends on the side. His hobbies include watching television and surfing the web. He enjoys sprinting, weight lifting and playing football.

Clement describes himself as athletically gifted, socially adaptive and physically attractive. He is most proud of carrying on the family business. He feels he'll do well because he considers himself to be physically and mentally adept, adventurous and able to adapt to new environments and situations.

Clement currently resides in Lafayette, Louisiana, with his pit bull, Brently. His birth date is March 9, 1977.

JAMES SAYS: How has he altered his strategy from last time? ''I'm going to have to hustle a little bit more, and smile a whole lot earlier.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''I feel like the reason James is likable is there is a sense of authenticity there that you don't see that often — he's just going to tell you what he thinks. I don't think James is that great of a Survivor player, as we saw in China. He made, without question, the single biggest blunder in the history of the show. I don't think he gets how to play, but he's so strong and he works so hard and he is so likable that it's really hard to vote him out. I think James could do really well this season.''

Estee says: He hasn't learned a thing, has he? Unless Jeff's flying one of the world's biggest misdirection flags -- hey, look over there! -- James may be in for a repeat, with or without idols: get through the tribal stage because he's too vital to go, glide for a while because there's more game-intelligent threats to get rid of first, then get blindsided, make a second non-bitter speech, and collect a second relatively decent check. If James does 'really well', he almost needs someone to protect him -- or he needs to grow a game-playing brain cell. The giant question for James is 'Can he change enough to win?' -- and Jeff seems to be very directly saying that he didn't.

AMI CUSACK

HOMETOWN: Denver, CO
SEASON: Survivor: Vanuatu

CBS BIO: Ami Cusack was born and raised in Golden, Colorado, to Richard, a top gun pilot and explosives engineer, and Virginia, a former substitute English teacher and homemaker. After graduating Golden High School, she attended Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design in Denver. In 1992, while attending RMCAD, Cusack became one of the original six employees of a Golden-based nutritional company called Experiment and Applied Sciences. She started out by answering phones and by 1996 she became the company's charitable director. In 1998, (with over 350 employees), the company was sold and Cusack decided to travel for the next four years. Her travels led her to Australia, Thailand, Tahiti, Iceland, Japan and Africa.

Upon returning to the U.S., she took a job at a coffee shop, which she now considers "the greatest job in the world." She looks forward to being a mom and taking care of her family. She also is a nanny for a six-year-old. She is still very active in charities and has been named an Ambassador for the Colorado Chapter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

In 1996, she lost her 18-year-old younger brother, Kyle, to a drunk driver. Her mother now conducts motivational speaking to high school students about the consequences of drinking and driving.

Cusack is currently single. Her birth date is January 25, 1973.

AMI SAYS: ''I'm going to slowly peel away each alliance that I see building. I'm going to start chipping away to keep the numbers in my favor.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Ami will betray you; she'll do whatever it takes to get deeper in the game. But she's sexy, and she's got this 'Everything's beautiful in the world until I stab you in the back' thing. And that's what we want on this show. And if Ami has her way, I guarantee you there will be a women's alliance, because that is what Ami wanted in Vanuatu and that's what's she's going to try to make happen here.''

Estee says: Oh, no, not again... Speaking of people who haven't learned anything, right? If Ami shows up with a battle cry of 'This time, I can make it work!' and everyone's looking for her to do the exact same thing twice, then it's very likely to end with the exact same results -- which may come earlier, because this time, people will try to stop her before she really gets established. Play 'second verse, same as the first, and even worse', and I'm not sure Ami can even reach the jury. Jeff said she tried to make it happen. I'm pretty sure she's not going to actually succeed.

JON DALTON

HOMETOWN: Danville, VA
SEASON: Survivor: Pearl Islands

CBS BIO: Originally from Danville, Virginia, Jon Dalton attended George Washington High School followed by college at Virginia Polytechnic Institute in Blacksburg. After college, he moved to Washington, D.C. and Portland, Oregon before settling in Los Angeles.

Dalton burst onto the reality TV scene with the help of his best friend, Thunder D, and the infamous "Dead Grandma" deception on SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS, on which he was the breakout star (and rated as the #2 television moment in E!'s "101 Most Outrageous TV Moments"). He has continued to excel as one of the more memorable faces of reality TV and professional wrestling and signed a contract with TNA Wrestling, combining for the first time the reality television and wrestling genres. He went on to win an ESPY Award for best non-sports sports moment by being body slammed over the top rope by Chicago Bears All-Pro player Brian Urlacher. From Howard Stern to "Tyra Banks," Jack & Ron & Fez to "Living It Up with Allie," Dalton has made numerous memorable radio and TV appearances.

In the reality genre, Dalton has continued to deliver some of the most memorable moments on television. His MTV "True Life" is the highest-rated episode in the history of the series. On "Celebrity Poker Showdown," he "Fairplayed" his longtime friend Trishelle Canatella by eliminating her from the game. On A&E's "Inked" he was kicked out of the tattoo Parlor. On "Reality Stars Fear Factor" he ousted Jonathan Baker and Victoria Fuller and went on to become the first contestant in the history of the show to return after his eviction to serve as co-host. Dalton again shocked the world when he was on the Summer 2005 "Kill Reality," in which he supplied this show with an endless string of memorable moments. He also delivered an inspired performance as DQ in the 2005 motion picture, "The Scorned," which was spawned from "Kill Reality." All these memorable appearances have resulted in Dalton receiving The Most Memorable Reality Star in the History of Reality Television honor at the Really Awards on Fox Reality.

Dalton's birth date is March 11, 1974.

JONNY SAYS: ''I'm either the first one out or the last one here.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''You can't do the season and not invite your most notorious person. And Fairplay delivered, I will say that. He delivered, and I think we got what we expected we would get, which is that character he created called Jonny Fairplay. What gets me is just how effective it can still be. He can call you stupid and somebody will get mad. And I'm looking at this going, 'Why are you getting mad at this guy? He's created a character, he's trying to get under your skin — and it's working!' This guy is no threat to win this game — zero.''

Estee says: I think we have to listen to Jeff on this one. We've had faint rumors that Jon might have quit, and this seems to give them a little more credence. I suspected Jon was cast into the season primarily to be abused: he may have decided not to put up with it for long. (And knowing he couldn't win, he might quit just to screw with the show.) Yes, he's a great partner to face the jury with -- but he's also a challenge weakness at the tribal stage, he's annoying, and at this stage in his game, he needs people who can think long-term enough to protect him, because he can't try to build trust any more. I don't know if he's the first voted out (or quitting), but he won't win -- and he feels like an early boot.

CIRIE FIELDS

HOMETOWN: Norwalk, CT
SEASON: Survivor: Panama

CBS BIO: Cirie Fields was born and raised in Jersey City, New Jersey with her sisters Karla, Cicely, and brother Kenneth. She attended St. Francis Nursing School in New Castle, Pennsylvania, where she obtained her nursing degree. She currently works as the clinical coordinator for Norwalk Hospitals Operating Room. Her previous occupations include surgical technician, home health aid, working at a candy factory and telemarketing. Fields' proudest accomplishment was becoming a nurse. Her mother is her hero because she has overcome many adversities and managed to raise six kids with nothing and taught them many life skills.

Fields loves to swim. Her favorite sports include running and working with a personal trainer. She loves amusement park rides and watching television. She describes herself as funny, charismatic and compassionate. She believes she will be a useful member of the tribe because she is very strong. Fields' skills include the ability to fish, cook and do some carpentry. She believes she will be the Ultimate Survivor because people love her cute, smiling personality. Her primary motivation for being on the show is to win and to change her family's life. She is proud of the fact that she was disciplined enough to lose 30 pounds once she learned she would be a castaway on SURVIVOR: MICRONESIA.

Fields currently resides in Norwalk, Connecticut. She is married to Clarencio and has three sons (John, Jamie and Jared) from a previous marriage. They have one dog, Sam. Her birth date is July 18, 1970.

CIRIE SAYS: ''If I go before Jonny Fairplay, something is really wrong. Nothing against Jonny, but damn!''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Cirie represents the kind of people I love to see on the show. You look at Cirie and you think, 'How are you going to survive? You don't have the tools, you don't come from this background, you're not physically fit enough.' But there's more to this game than that. My hunch is Cirie played a very good game the first time, and I expect her to play an even better game the second time.''

Estee says: So do I. Honestly, if the Favorites hit the merge with majority, I would be shocked if Cirie didn't make Final 4. Her basic gameplay is sound: she shouldn't need to vary it too much to go deep -- because it's hard for the other players to see her as a threat. Yau-Man is probably going to be perceived as the greater danger: if he and Jon go early, then Cirie has a degree of free ride built in -- and that just lets her solidify her position. Cirie is dangerous. The biggest question with her is: how many players are going to see that? The fans might -- but they may not reach the merge with enough power to do something about it. And unlike Denise, if she has a chance to switch into a power position, she'll decide to flip...

AMANDA KIMMEL

HOMETOWN: Los Angeles, CA
SEASON: Survivor: China

CBS BIO: Amanda Kimmel has lived all over the state of Montana. She most recently worked as a hiking tour guide and continues to hone her skills as an artist while learning about the fashion industry. She began modeling in Chicago at the age of 16 where she lived on her own for one year. She previously worked as a make-up artist, retail sales representative and waitress. Her goal is to develop a business within the fashion industry.

Kimmel has competed in many beauty pageants and was crowned Miss Montana USA in 2005 and placed in the Top 8 for Miss Earth in 2006. She's been on the cover of Montana Living Magazine and Pageantry Magazine. Kimmel has been to China twice before to compete in the Miss Kite of the World Pageant in Weifang. She placed as a semi-finalist and was given a key to the city and was heavily promoted on billboards and in news articles. While promoting tourism via these pageants, she did volunteer work at orphanages and other organizations and was also permitted to fly kites off the Great Wall in five inch heels.

Kimmel's hobbies include hiking, designing, drawing and painting. She enjoys rock climbing, snowshoeing, kickboxing and volleyball. Kimmel describes herself as motivated, competitive and determined. She has camped every weekend in Montana since she was three years old. She tries never to leave home without her cowboy boots.

Kimmel just moved from Kalispell, Montana to Los Angeles and is living with her sister, Katrina. Her family has one dog, Sassy, two cats, Cleo and Lynus, and one horse, Frisco. Her birth date is August 3, 1984.

AMANDA SAYS: ''I know things about James he doesn't want people to know. And he knows stuff about me. We could be worst enemies, or we can become allies.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Amanda knows how to play Survivor. She knows how to build an alliance, how long to keep it, when to get rid of it. She's very good at looking at odds, she's very good at assessing if better off against this person, or with this person. And you need that. Survivor only thrives when you have people who will continue to turn and switch and make moves. Amanda's in great shape, she does well in the challenges, she's beautiful, and she knows how to play.''

Estee says: Amanda knows how to play? Well, obviously she was actually paying attention to Todd during the few episodes she got to see, because she didn't do that much of it in the game... It sounds like Amanda could do fairly well here, but she has the Rupert factor going for her, even more than James does -- the other favorites (and fans) don't know her. They haven't seen her entire game. James you can figure out in two seconds using a Fun With Dick And Jane primer, but Amanda is (very slightly) more complex. If she's learned something -- and aggression would be primary here -- she could wind up at F3 again. But this time, she may have to work for it.

On the other hand, Jeff is invoking switches in this commentary... so maybe she makes an effort after all. (And personally, I think the James focus is a red herring.)

OZZY LUSTH

HOMETOWN: Venice, CA
SEASON: Survivor: Cook Islands

CBS BIO: Born in the historic city of Guanajuato, Mexico, Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth, began his life in the house his father built for his grandmother (which still remains in the family today). A few years after he was born, his parents divorced and Lusth moved with his mother to Durham, North Carolina, where his mother eventually remarried and had two additional children. His father remained in Mexico and had two additional children as well.

Lusth moved many times in his teen years to seven U.S. States and Central America while his mother divorced and remarried for a third time (at which point, they were living in Mountain View, California) where he learned to surf. In high school, Lusth was able to attend an alternative learning program called Learning Community where he was introduced to acting and photography. After high school, he moved to Santa Barbara. He then attended two years of college at Santa Barbara City College before moving to the Los Angeles area.

Lusth is currently working as a freelance photographer and writer. He enjoys big wave surfing, skateboarding, sailing, snowboarding, wakeboarding, gymnastics and motorcycle riding. He owns land in Panama and enjoys going there to spearfish. He can dive to 30 feet and can hold his breath under water for three minutes. He is skilled at building traps, forts, shelter and surviving in the wilderness on his own. In the summer of 2005, he camped all the way from Panama to San Diego over the course of five months. Over the past year, Lusth has begun to develop a non-profit organization to build skate parks in Mexico.

Lusth currently resides in Venice, California with his German Shepherd mix, Buddha (who also accompanies him on his board while surfing). His birth date is August 23, 1981.

OZZY SAYS: ''My mistakes last time were basically being too much of a loner. I'm never going to go anywhere by myself except to use the bathroom.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Ozzy's big problem's going to be the fact that he's Ozzy. Ozzy played a brilliant physical game — the only thing Ozzy lacked was the social skill of how to play Survivor. And that's probably going to be the deciding difference. If he can figure out a way to survive socially due to the kind of targets he's going to have on his back due to his physical strength, then he can do really well. Otherwise it wouldn't surprise me if Ozzy went out really early because you just don't want him around.''

Estee says: First off, credit to Ozzy for a great quote. Second, I think Jeff's right here. Ozzy is almost a disposable part: if you need strength, you have James, and if you need to get rid of someone who seems to have acquired a clue or two -- and may be broadcasting it a little too openly -- you can dump Ozzy, keep James, still have a strong physical competitor, and lose someone who would now be a mental danger after the merge. If Ozzy can learn and James can't, then Ozzy is a danger -- and Ozzy may turn into Hunter. He may wind up as the last boot pre-jury for the Favorites. I'm not sure he'll go as early as Jeff's suggesting -- third out from his tribe, maybe, but second or first would be a giant push. But I don't think he can win. I'm not even sure he'll get to cast a vote for whoever does.

ELIZA ORLINS

HOMETOWN: Manhattan, NY
SEASON: Survivor: Vanuatu

CBS BIO: Eliza Orlins was born in New York City to parents Susan and Steve. She grew up splitting her time between NYC and China. When she was four years old, she and her parents went to Beijing where they adopted her sister, Sabrina. Sixteen months later, her youngest sister, Emily, was born. Her father's career moved them to Hong Kong where she spent two years attending Hong Kong International School. Her family then moved back to New York until 1995 when they moved to Washington, D.C. In 2001, Orlins graduated from the Sidwell Friends School where she ran varsity track and cross country. She also completed the Marine Corps Marathon with the AIDS Marathon Training Program her junior year. At Sidwell, she also wrote and edited for the school newspaper and was the assistant director of the spring musical "Damn Yankees."

In 2005, Orlins graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Syracuse University in international relations and political science and a minor in Chinese. At Syracuse, she was a Dean's Scholar and made Dean's List every semester. Orlins also received Phi Beta Kappa honors upon her graduation. As a member of Alpha Phi Sorority, she was the vice president of New Member Recruitment, for which her chapter won the award for best overall recruitment at their national convention.

Orlins is currently a third-year student at Fordham University School of Law and will graduate with her J.D. in December of 2008. At Fordham, Orlins participates in many school activities. She describes herself as insanely over-committed, but happy. She is the Co-Intraschool Editor of the Brendan Moore Trial Advocates (Fordham's Mock Trial Team), the Co-Symposium Editor for the Urban Law Journal and the President of the Fordham Law Democrats. For the Moores, Orlins has competed in multiple trial advocacy competitions, bringing home an individual award for Best Opening Statement at the National Trial Advocacy Competition held at Michigan State University in Fall 2006. For the Urban Law Journal, Orlins and her co-editor are currently planning a symposium on the constitutionality of lethal injection.

Orlins has worked for the Legal Aid Society, criminal defense division, Onondaga County District Attorney's Office, a large New York law firm, and interned for a New York Supreme Court Judge.

Orlins describes herself as an intense, vivacious, driven and politically-active woman who loves reality television, sports, especially New York and Syracuse teams, and her puppy Oscar. She says she brings her competitive nature, athleticism and enthusiasm to SURVIVOR.

Orlins currently lives in Manhattan with her boyfriend Justin and her Yorkshire Terrier, Oscar. Her birth date is December 25, 1982.

ELIZA SAYS: ''I need to watch myself a little bit in terms of talking so much. I think I should do a little bit more listening.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Eliza is one of the most enjoyable people to have on the show because she gets it. Everybody knows Eliza will betray you at the drop of a hat, and Eliza knows you know that. Eliza is a Favorite because she can be so charmingly annoying. It's fun to watch Eliza get mad, and it's fun to watch people get mad at her, and she doesn't take it personally. That's the most beautiful part about her; she knows it's only a game: 'I have a life, I have a boyfriend, I'm going to be an attorney, I have a dog, that's my life — this is only a game. Of course, I'm going to try to cut your throat. I've got knives coming out of every part of my body.'''

Estee says: No, that was Courtney: she was exactly that thin... Eliza's almost in Jon's position: they know she's a liar, they know they can't trust her -- she's just in a slightly higher place on the tribe's totem pole. My first instinct says we're looking at an A.S.S. rerun here of sorts here: Jerri got her revenge by outlasting Colby, and Ami will be the one who plants the last knife in Eliza's back. Which should work out for us, because Eliza's annoying to more than just her fellow players -- and it's not always very charming.

JONATHAN PENNER

CBS BIO: A native of New York, Jonathan Penner is a writer/producer for film and television. He and his wife, Stacy, have developed numerous projects including "The Last Supper," "The Lone Ranger," "Let the Devil Wear Black" and the 1994 Oscar-nominated for Best Short Film, Live Action, "Down On The Waterfront" (which he co-produced, co-wrote and starred in with Jason Alexander, Ed Asner and Mike Starr). He also worked as an actor and had a series regular role on "Grapevine," on CBS, "The Naked Truth" and "Rude Awakening." He also made guest-starring appearances in various series including CSI: and "The Nanny," both on CBS, as well as "Seinfeld" and "Arrested Development." Additionally, he is a producer/writer/director.

Penner attended the prestigious Phillips Andover prep school in Andover, Massachusetts, and went on to receive his Bachelor of Arts degree from Sarah Lawrence College in Bronxville, New York.

Penner enjoys reading, traveling, cooking, theater, moves and track/field.

Penner currently resides in Los Angeles with his wife of 16 years, director Stacy Title, and their two children, Cooper and Ava. They have one bunny, Angel Cake, and two lizards, Mozilla and Luna. His birth date is March 5, 1962.

JONATHAN SAYS: ''These are serious players now,'' says Penner of the increased competition. ''There are no players with names like Chicken who are just there to get blown up.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Penner only plays to win. He's not interested in third. He's not interested in second. And you saw that at Cook Islands. And Penner is gold. At Tribal Council I can just look at him and know that he's ready to light somebody up. And Penner is the biggest complainer that we've had on the show. He complains about every challenge, and I get a kick out of it. I'm so happy he's on the show. And Penner could win — absolutely. He's a smart dude, and I think he probably learned a couple things in watching his season's playback.''

Estee says: And the first thing Jonathan does? Is complain about the casting on the previous season. Jonathan's here because we need a narrator, but I think he's also here because he's a serious threat to go deep into the game this time. F6 on up wouldn't surprise me in the least if he doesn't get tripped up by an idol again -- and if he winds up holding it, watch out. Jeff seems to be pointing out the existence of a learner here, and Jonathan may be a little more careful about his game this time -- alliances that are more solid, or making sure his back is covered before he moves. If his learning curve continues to ascend, he could wind up winning this thing -- but I once said the same thing about Kathy.

PARVATI SHALLOW

CBS BIO: Parvati Shallow grew up the eldest of three siblings on a commune in Vero Beach, Florida. She and her family moved to Atlanta when she was 11 years old. Shallow put herself through college, attending the University of Georgia where she received her Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism with minors in French and Italian. While in college, she was an active member of the Alpha Omicron Pi sorority and is a huge Bulldog fan!

A nature lover at heart, Shallow has spent extensive amounts of time camping and hiking through North America's state parks including the Tetons and Yellowstone. While in college, she organized a two-month backpacking trip through Europe where she and two friends visited 13 countries, sleeping in youth hostels, train stations, on beaches and park benches. Shallow's favorites include good sushi, wearing oversized jerseys, karaoke and cheering on "The Dawgs." She is also training for triathlons with her mom, Gale.

Shallow has found her niche with the Los Angeles boxing community and began competing in 2004. She and some fellow boxers have parlayed her passion for the sport into the creation of a non-profit organization titled "Knockouts for Girls," a charity that provides scholarships and boxing lessons for underprivileged girls. The organization recently held their first fundraising event that included boxing matches and a fashion show. Having been a huge success, she will be boxing at a second fundraiser in February, 2008.

Shallow currently resides in Los Angeles, California. Her birth date is September 21, 1982.

PARVATI SAYS: ''I have tricks up my sleeve like you would never know. Not just the flirting game this time, at all.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''To me Parvati is this season's Amber. Last time, Parvati used her flirting, and it got her a long way. But we didn't really see her do a whole lot more than that, and the question was, what if underneath that she's got a strategy? What if she's figured out how to play this game — could she last long enough to become a threat? Parvati's a question mark. She could be the same thing, come out and giggle a couple times, eat some chocolate cake, and go home. On the flip side, if Parvati's figured out how to play this game, and maybe she teams up with somebody...

Estee says: Yeah, as Zoidberg pointed out in a season far, far away, she'll expand her game by flirting with Ami. To me, Jeff seems to be saying that Parvati needs a superior partner: she can't run things as the mastermind and she can't function on her own. Parvati may be saying she's come up with something else, but I think she's just going to play a subset: try to link up with one person. (Either that, or the entire island is going to be become a gigglefest with the shelter turning into a harem.) I don't think Parvati has a real game -- but I do think Amanda could spend a lot of time staring at her and shaking her head to get rid of the echoes. Sure, you could get a long way again -- but when the jury faces you and asks 'What did you do to deserve this?', Parvati's only answer is going to be 'I tried to look good.' Jury? Sure. Head for the endgame? Possible. But to win, she needs a Rob -- or two -- and there doesn't seem to be one in this cast.
What do you think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Question smokedog 01-04-08 1
   RE: Question byoffer 01-04-08 4
 RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... Max Headroom 01-04-08 2
 RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... michel 01-04-08 3
 RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... byoffer 01-04-08 5
 RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... Round Robin 01-05-08 6
   RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... Estee 01-05-08 7
 OMH... so torn! cqvenus 01-06-08 8
   RE: OMH... so torn! Dakota 01-06-08 10
 RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... Dakota 01-06-08 9
 RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... cahaya 01-07-08 11
   RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... xwraith27 01-07-08 16
       RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... cahaya 01-08-08 17
 RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... Brownroach 01-07-08 12
   RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... michel 01-07-08 14
       RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... Brownroach 01-07-08 15
           RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... Flowerpower 01-08-08 18
               RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... Brownroach 01-08-08 19
                   RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... Flowerpower 01-08-08 20
                       RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... flystorms 01-10-08 22
               RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... byoffer 01-09-08 21
 RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... Dragonfire 01-07-08 13
 RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... redbeard103152 01-10-08 23
 RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... Corvis 01-17-08 24
   RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... Flowerpower 01-17-08 25
 RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... Buggy 01-19-08 26
 RE: Jeff wants us to know... the <... PsychoKitty 01-27-08 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-04-08, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Question"
I am having very, very, very, very, very inpure thoughts while gazing at Amanda's picture. Is there something wrong with me?

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-08, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Question"
Yes.

Because you are blocking my view.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-08, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
I think this is a physically attractive cast. Thankfully we have no Scout, Lil, or equivalent, and Fairplay will be gone as soon as his tribe loses their first IC so we won't have to look at him for long.

Is it just me, or does Parvati's picture make it look like she "bulked up" for the season? Like she went on the Cirie diet for a few weeks just before filming started?

Can any of the fans play the game? We'll see.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-08, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
LAST EDITED ON 01-04-08 AT 01:11 PM (EST)

Thank you for bringing this over Estee. I liked your comments. Here are a few of my thoughts:

- I could easily see an alliance of the 3 members of Cook Island joining with the two members of China. The Favorites will need James and Ozzy for the first part of the game and they both come with possible allies. That's automatically a 5 person voting block.

- The other 5 come from 4 different seasons and I don't think that they would have done a lot of socializing at Survivor functions except maybe Cirie and Yau Man. I don't see pre-season alliances between the other 5 favorites.

- If the 3 "CI" stick with the 2 "China", who do they take to make a majority? Yau Man played the most loyal follower game. Cirie was also loyal but Cirie is dangerous!

- Jeff compared Amanda to Amber before the China season and now he compares Parvati to Amber. Will Parvati make the jury?

For the fans:
- I'm just happy to see that, physically, there seems to be a balance. The Favorites really only had two strong guys but so do the Fans. The women-fans seem weaker than the returning ones. Natalie looks like the most athletic but also looks like a first boot!

- If James and Ozzy have counterparts in Joel and Jason, then Micheal looks like Jonathan's counterpart. Both are mature men who write for a living. I remember that Jeff was just as brief in his description of Aras as he was with Micheal.

- If the fans were chosen to balance out the favorites that would leave Erik as the one to balance out Fairplay!! I'm sorry, but I don't see it. The guy describes himself as an "Ice cream scooper"!!!! Talk about a tool!

I'll add my thanks to those of Smokedog for including THAT picture of Amanda!

01-04-08, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
Thanks for posting this, and very good analysis Estee.

you can dump Ozzy, keep James, still have a strong physical competitor

But can James swim? China had very little swimming challenges. Presumably the beach nature this season will entail more of that. Ozzie was at his best when he was swimming ala Rob Schneider from The Animal. If the challenges are strength related (wrestling, lifting, throwing) then I favour James.

I think sneaky returnees (JFP, Eliza, Jonathon) are always at a disadvantage. Then again, maybe all of the Favourites have some sort of disadvantage. This will be a fun season to watch!

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-05-08, 02:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
This Chet dude comes from <30 miles up the road from me. If I hear or read anything interesting on him I'll post here.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-08, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
Somehow, I suspect there might be a few local tales about a man who lives with seventy-five ducks.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-08, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "OMH... so torn!"
argh! i don't know who to root for!

i love so many of those ppl... even JF... i know, i'm probably the only one, but i don't care. i still think dead grandma was brilliant.

and james. and jonathan... how will i decide?

~ cq

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-08, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: OMH... so torn!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-08 AT 05:47 PM (EST)

i love so many of those ppl... even JF... i know, i'm probably the only one, but i don't care. i still think dead grandma was brilliant.

Are you Grandma Fairplay? Honestly, when Bonaducci threw him down, the world partied like it was 1999. I'd love to see a James/Ami final, the 3rd person from the fans group. Maybe that one guy sitting on the ground with the windswept hair and nice smile.

ETA: That guy I mention above is Jason and I've already volunteered to stalk him if Emydi or Estee or someone will tell me how to get info about him from the locals.

Thanks, Tribe!

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-08, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
I could hang out by that school in Barrigton and stalk Survivor Jason, but I wouldn't know how to get any real scoop. I'm not diabolical and sneaky enough.

Kathleen is a quick 20 minute ride, but again, what could I learn and how could I learn it? Which golf course? I'm likely to know someone who golfs there.

Thanks, Tribe!

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-08, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
First off, credit to Ozzy for a great quote.

I figure anybody who can come with a quote like that (particularly in context of his past game play) will make it at least to the jury. I think he might actually have a decent shot at winning it, too.

It's the first I've read about the contestants. Nice review - I can imagine some of it playing out already.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-07-08, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
I think he might actually have a decent shot at winning it, too.

Really? I think he'll be one of the first few Anti-Darwin Syndrome bootees. He played too strong a physical game in S13 for anyone to let him get to the individual stage, especially if the producers decide on a tribal swap. I'm betting Jason will try to get rid of Ozzy quickly if only because he compares himself against dolphin-boy so much.

As for the other people, I think Eliza will benefit a lot from a UTR game this time around. I think it's unlikely that she'll be able to pull it off considering how annoying she was in Vanuatu, but she strikes me as someone who can learn from her mistakes. I also think Parvati will try to play a hardcore game that will blow up in her face. She was pegged as having absolutely no strategy before, so I'm guessing she'll try to prove she has one this time.

Ami's only chance to win this thing is if she accepts that she has male tribemates. A female alliance will not work with the tribe that she has, even if there are more women than men (JFP will NOT last one Tribal, I'm sure). She can might be able to lure Amanda and Parvati into a women's alliance, but Cirie and Eliza? I highly doubt it.

I'm also predicting that JFP and Yau-Man both go early, possibly within the first two tribal councils for the favorites. All of the women in their tribe can be considered challenge assets (depending on the challenge), making these two very dispensable pre-merge. Parvati and Ozzy might go soon afterwards.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-08, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
So from what you posted, Ozzy might be the fourth one out? I see your logic. If that's the case, that would likely still put him on the jury (depends on which tribe takes the most attrition early on, perhaps). I know he's not a favorite to win, but he's one of several non-favorites that seems like they have a chance to make it into the final four. You've already listed several that probably won't.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-08, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
"To me Parvati is this season's Amber"

Parvati may not win (as Amber did the first All Stars), but I could see her being the returning contestant that lasts the longest, like Amber. She was relatively UTR the first time around, like Amber was. She wouldn't be seen initially as too clever/sneaky (like Cirie, Yau-Man or Jonathan), or too annoying (Jonny Fairplay or Eliza), or too strong in challenges (James or Ozzy), and isn't someone with a potential axe to grind (James/Amanda, Eliza/Ami).

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-08, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
LAST EDITED ON 01-07-08 AT 03:33 PM (EST)

>Parvati...isn't someone
>with a potential axe to
>grind (James/Amanda, Eliza/Ami).

Well, there could be resentment towards Jonathan! We both picked up on the same quote by Jeff comparing Parvati to Amber. I think it could be the key for the favorites. If Parvati can work with Jonathan, the Cook Island trio could have an advantage.

01-07-08, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
LAST EDITED ON 01-07-08 AT 04:57 PM (EST)

I thought of that, michel, but everyone else would be watching Jonathan more than her, imo. And although Jonathan betrayed Parvati's alliance, he didn't actually get very far for his efforts -- Parvati outlasted him. So I don't really see her holding a grudge.

ETA: As the sole representatives of their installments, a Cirie/Yau-Man alliance would be a *killer* idea, imo. If they can both manage not to get voted out early.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-08, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
LAST EDITED ON 01-08-08 AT 03:37 PM (EST)

Hi Mr. Roach, HAPPY NEW YEAR, and nice to see you! I agree, I zoned right in on this quote as well. I wonder if the daws are studying the last A$$? Amber hooked up with a player who was outed toward mid season, so not particularly one that most felt was the most threatening, yet definately a sneaky player. I do like Parvati to be one of the most UTR players, and least threatening on the FAV's tribe. She could hook up with Jonathan, but the sneaky/clever players all know that they have to at least make the merge with the majority of their tribe in tact....I don't see them getting rid of Ozzy or James straight away because of this. OR, she could become friends with one of the other girls, Eliza, Ami, or Cirie. There are some really smart girls out there this season...?

I also agree that there will most likely be far more water challenges, and we all know how EPMB likes to tailor make some of his challenges to suit his players. Looks like the first shots of a challenge shown is in water and seems to have a kind of wrestling aspect to it...favoring the newbie firefighter, wrestler(Joel) perhaps, or even JFP...if there is wrestling and strength involved in the first challenge it will really show us who the strongest player will be....James or the firefighter, Joel. I don't think anyone out there could possibly be as agile and competitive in the water as Ozzy is.

Frankly, I think the fans tribe could be demolished by the favs...clearly the favorites have strength, speed, swimmers, and brains....should be fun to see how EPMB mixes it up....

ETA: I agree a Cirie/Yao Man alliance could be awesome, but they have no real physical strength. They could be at risk to be booted early if the FAVs take some IC losses....

Wanted to tell Estee that I loved her analysis', and my money just may be on her assessments! Thanks

01-08-08, 05:59 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
I think the fans tribe could be demolished by the favs...clearly the favorites have strength, speed, swimmers, and brains

Hi, FP, happy new year to you!

I also think the faves could easily dominate. And yes Yau-Man and especially Cirie will be dispensible if the challenges are intensely physical, so they'd better watch it (or start pitting other tribemates against each other -- Cirie is good at that ).

01-08-08, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
GREAT to see you, BR...sure hope you have more time to play here this season, Blows is not the same without you!

I can't help but notice that Amanda beefed up nicely after her 39 days in China, wow! I wonder if Chet will find his way to our resident beauty pagaent contestant, Amanda come merge time...He could be an interesting character, and his confessionals should be priceless!

It's amusing that the 22 year old fan player thinks he can go toe to toe with Ozzy...this I've got to see! Sounds almost as they sought out folks to match with our alumni...we shall see...

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-10-08, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."

>I can't help but notice that
>Amanda beefed up nicely after
>her 39 days in China,
>wow! I wonder if
>Chet will find his way
>to our resident beauty pagaent
>contestant, Amanda come merge time...He
>could be an interesting character,
>and his confessionals should be
>priceless

At the China finale, Amanda didn't look nearly as thin as she did at the end of her time in China. COnsidering by finale time she'd just come back from Half-A$$ taping, I wonder if she just didn't make it far there. She beefed back up to a more "normal" size in time for the finale.

On the other hand, Jeff didn't spend much time with Amanda on the Q/A part of the finale. Is it because she'll have more time at the Half-A$$ finale? Hmmm...I'd lean more towards her not making it far, dangit.

I too, am really torn as to who to root for this season. It seems as if most of the faves have a mirror image over on the fan side. It could be interesting. I'd like to think that a fan might actually win this one and outsmart the favs. Not likely, but wouldn't it be an exciting finale?

Kudos to EPMB and the casting directors for finally putting a bunch of fans on the show. This last season was so much better, to me, by having people on the show who understand the game (though they may not have played it like they understood it!). Woo hoo, this'll be a good season!

kk

01-09-08, 09:07 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
I think the fans tribe could be demolished by the favs...clearly the favorites have strength, speed, swimmers, and brains....

I think the fans have some pretty good athletes also. Sure, now we know that Ozzy is an athletic, but we would have guessed that coming into his last season from looking at him. James was probably obvious from first sight. Yau-man a challenge whore? Shocking.

I think 3 of the guys on the fans tribe could be very athletic, especially Erik, depending on the type of challenge. He is an elite level runner, and I think he will have speed and endurance. Joel seems to have size to match James, and firefighters tend to be well-suited to challenges. Jason says he is athletic, but I guess time will tell. The Favs are handicapped athletically with Dalton and Yau-man. There are no older nor petite males on Fans team.

Sometimes the early challenges come down to the women members of the tribes, and how physical they can get. My gut on that is that the Fav women are more athletic, but none are overly athletic. Cerie is the only one with size, which could be important in a combat type challenge.

Overall I think the two tribes are fairly even athletically, maybe a small advantage to the Fans. As for strategy (game and challenge strategy) again only time will tell.

Dragonfire 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-07-08, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dragonfire Click to send private message to Dragonfire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
I'm glad we just have to wait a month for the new season (Feb 7)...looks like it could be very interesting in how the different teams play and vote. I do think though that if the fans have the majority by merge none of the all-stars will be around long.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-10-08, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
I am loving this group of contestants and it is five weeks from today that the show will premier. With twenty contestants this time there are many different ways that this game may play out.IMHO this season may be a good one for EPMB to really throw a curve to the contestants by dividing the two tribes into three after a few early boots. This would really mess with the strategies of the players. I have no idea that this will happen but I for one would love to see it as it would really make the game interesting.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-17-08, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
I am actually kind of interested in this season. I like the idea of fans vs. favorites. I am even dusting off the blog again.

So my first impression thoughts that are probably completely wrong...

As far as the Favorites go, I think Johnny Fairplay and Yau-Man will go early for completely different reasons. Everyone will want Fairplay gone because they can't stand him. And everyone will want Yau-Man gone because they know if he makes to the jury, he'll have a good shot of winning it all. And they can use the "we need a strong tribe" excuse to boot him pre-merge. As far as who could do well, I like James and Amanda, because no one will know them very well, and Cirie, because she'll be able to fly under the radar. I think Jonathan and Eliza, if they align, could be a formidable duo. They pull in James, Amanda and Cirie and they run it 'til the merge, at least.

A few other thoughts...

Most Likely to Flip and Support the Favorites: Eliza
Most Likely to Get Booted Because She Refuses to Ally with Men: Ami
Most Likely to Be The Victim of We Don't Need Another Challenge Hog: Ozzy
Most Likely to Have Absolutely No Game Whatsoever: Parvati
Most Likely to Annoy Everyone: Fairplay

And now onto the Fans...

Kathleen looks nuts in her picture - honestly that smile made me think she's trying to hold things together. She's gone pre-merge. The other ones I am predicting will be booted early are Tracy, Erik and Mary. I think Erik will end up like Ryan Shoulders from... whatever season that was - Pearl Islands, maybe? Anyway he'll be the nerdy guy who gets booted as a liability. Jeff Probst says this about Mary: "She's either going to learn where to fit in this group quickly or she's going to be on the outs for the whole time." My guess is she'll be on the outs. And Tracy is a builder and they never fare well once the structure has been created. I think the controlling alliance will be firefighter Joel, actor Michael, beauty pagaent coach Chet and enigma Natalie. Four is not a majority, so they'll have to pull in one more after a consensus first boot.

My pre-season pick for the winner is Jonathan. He's got the game and will create a good alliance that will get him far. If he's smart, he'll hook up with Eliza, the other person no one will trust.

01-17-08, 01:23 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
Hiya Corvis, thrilled to hear that the ole blog may be up and running soon! Nice thoughts there! I have a few myself. I think that they have tried to match up these daws pretty well. While at first glance I didn't give Jason much credit in comparison to Ozzy, but he seems a bit formidable, the more I read about him. I am thinking that Joel seems even a bit more formidable in size than James...I don't think the teams will want to boot their strength until close to merge, or at merge, and it's likely there could be a formidable group at this time, and I include James, Ozzy, Jason, and Joel. I am thinking that one or several of the physical guys could see end game.

I think Jonathan stands a great chance of making it beyond early and mid game, just by the fact that he is able to contribute to challenges, not the weakest, yet not the challenge hog either.

I am thinking that they could indeed divide this group into three tribes early on, to prevent or thwart strong alliances. I think that Amanda should outlast James this time, by pulling her weight and again not as threatening as James.

Just a few thoughts...Cirie and Ami could be dangerous allies...

Not too many thoughts on the Fans side...looks like Chet could be a character and I would love to see him ally with Amanda, our resident beauty queen...would be entertaining. Regarding the girls on the fan side, they all look disposable, and really no physical threats...Alexis looks intriguing...

Looking forward to it all!

fp

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-08, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
Thanks Estee!
Appreciate all the work, and love your thoughts on the players. I've always found you to be good at reading people.

Rarely do I come to Spoilers anymore, I have more fun watching when I don't know. I am really glad I found this thread though. I enjoyed everyone's thoughts and am really excited about this season now.

PsychoKitty 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-27-08, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Jeff wants us to know... the Entertainment Weekly commentary."
Wow! What a lot of work Estee! Thank you - I really enjoyed reading the bios and your comments. I've never dared go into Spoilers before - too scared what I'd see! - but this is where all the action is

Now I'm ready for the new season ! And yes boys - Amanda's lookin' pretty hot!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sigs by Cig

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •