The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

IdolThoughts08 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-21-07, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IdolThoughts08 Click to send private message to IdolThoughts08 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-07 AT 02:42 PM (EST) by SurvivorBlows (admin)

Here are the all-stars returning for Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites:

James (Survivor: China)
Amanda (Survivor: China)
Yau-Man (Survivor: Fiji)
Jonathan (Survivor: Cook Islands)
Ozzy (Survivor: Cook Islands)
Parvati (Survivor: Cook Islands)
Cerie (Survivor: Panama)
Ami (Survivor: Vanuatu)
Eliza (Survivor: Vanuatu)

and...believe it or not...

Jonny Fairplay (Survivor: Pearl Islands)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... mrc 12-21-07 1
 RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... smokedog 12-21-07 2
   RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... Charmqn 12-22-07 3
       RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... PepeLePew13 12-24-07 4
       RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... Scarlett O Hara 12-24-07 5
 RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... toad8098 12-24-07 6
   RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... xwraith27 12-27-07 8
 RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... xwraith27 12-27-07 7
   RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... catsnotkids 12-31-07 11
       RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... xwraith27 01-01-08 12
 RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... byoffer 12-27-07 9
   RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... smokedog 12-27-07 10
 RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... Georgianna 01-02-08 13
   RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... Chez 01-02-08 14
       RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... Olympia Binewski 01-03-08 15
       RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... Georgianna 02-12-08 22
           RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... vince3 02-12-08 23
               RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... Georgianna 02-13-08 24
 RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... Corvis 01-03-08 16
 Jeff's commentary on all twenty -- Estee 01-03-08 17
 It's Official! Georgianna 01-04-08 18
   RE: It's Official! whoami 01-04-08 19
 RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... corcam 01-06-08 20
 RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites Al... Brownroach 01-07-08 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-21-07, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
Wow.

A Seana original

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-21-07, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
I'm thinking with that tribe set-up that Fairplay is the automatic first boot, with Cirie and Yau-Man viewed as possible challenge liabilities.

Charmqn 5 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-07, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Charmqn Click to send private message to Charmqn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"

I read a ton of spoilers and rumors that:

JFP quits
Ozzy is eliminated early
James makes the jury again
at least Cirie/eliza/jonathan make it past jury( go very far)

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-24-07, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
LAST EDITED ON 12-24-07 AT 07:41 AM (EST)

Thanks for posting this!

On this site, links are gospel... hearsay doesn't translate well and many spoilers here discount things like "I read..." Do you have links that people could go to view these spoilers/rumours you've seen?

ETA: None of what you've put forth would be considered a surprise. James probably threatened to drop JFP on his face again, so JFP probably quit knowing everyone's gunning for him. Ozzy - got to get the uber-challenge threat out early before the merge as they know he'll dominate in a water-based environment such as Palau. Eliza and Jonathan are pretty sharp game players so they'll do well, while Cirie is the overlooked non-threatening player that always go far while bigger targets go earlier.

A stocking stuffer from Agman!
It will be a great day when every one of our schools get all the money they need while
the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to raise enough funds to buy a bomber.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-24-07, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
Welcome to the boards, Charmqn! We value everyone's opinion here, but in Spoilers, we need you to back up or provide proof of your statements. Otherwise, it is considered as pure speculation or heresay. Please provide us with links to where you are getting this information or at least give credit to the websites where you read it.

Thanks Sugar!

toad8098 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-24-07, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toad8098 Click to send private message to toad8098 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
It's a shame they couldn't of have at least one person from Palau & Guatemala.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-27-07, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
I'm actually not surprised, given that they already had 2 Palauans back for Guatemala, but I'm guessing they had to do Fans vs. Favorites because they weren't able to gather enough previous castaways to do another full All-Stars season. Weren't there rumors about Twila and Terry being pulled out of the cast at the very last minute? I'd have chosen them over Parvati and JFP.

12-27-07, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
SF has the full cast list up, with images:

http://survivorfever.net/s16_cast.html

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-31-07, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
Not sure how they get the term "favorites". A lot of those people are just meh.

I was hoping for Colby. Another season of watching him would be A-OK with me. ;)

01-01-08, 06:19 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
Hmm.. I think there was an interview before that said that while the first all-star season had the "biggest" personalities, this will have the "more deserving" people.

But yeah, take out Parvati and JFP, and I'm good with the Favorites tribe.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-07, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
So do you suppose the producers make some wardrobe suggestions to Amanda for season 16? I can't believe they didn't do so for the whole of season 15 (unless that was finally rectified in the last episode when she magically had 2 buffs to wear).

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-27-07, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
>So do you suppose the producers make some wardrobe suggestions to Amanda for season 16?

I'd rather someone made some non-blurring suggestions, and that Amanda stay similarly attired

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-02-08, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
First novels and plays, they say, are often their author’s best work because they tend to be written about the people and environments (physical and social) that the storyteller knows best. And it is the authenticity of personality, place and plot that captures the imagination of readers who have never before met its characters, visited its locales or experienced its predicaments.

And the producers of fledgling reality series share that “authenticity” advantage. By typecasting (the art of the familiar and the science of the predicable) “real” people and, with one very notable exception, placing them in “real” environments (travel, career, domestic, etc), broad audiences are engaged.

But, because some personality types are simply better at travel, or apprenticeship/audition, or domesticity, and are more or less innately competitive, than are others, how to keep the broader audience of personalities engaged when “authenticity” inevitably produces a far narrower crop of heroes and heroines becomes a much more vexing problem than that faced by fiction writers: short of scripting their shows (Burnett and Company flirted with that in Pirate Master and the result was disastrous) they can’t alter the traits and behaviors of the individual members of their cast.

Note: Given how much we grumble about “mactors” and “recruiting”, isn’t it amazing how soon in each Survivor season we forget about the players’ real-life positions as we’re again caught up by the interplay of their real personalities. For instance (in my opinion), the most unsavory character to darken our screens in the last six of them is, in real-life, a schoolteacher.

And Survivor’s producers are particularly challenged. Having fashioned a surreal physical environment (the only demographic that I can think of whose members could possibly identify with it are military veterans accustomed to being jerked from Combat Zone to R&R and back again) that has nevertheless become iconic to millions of viewers, they don’t dare dramatically rearrange the landscape of the Game from season to season. A strategic double-boot here, an unscheduled reshuffling there, is about all that they can safely manage.

Which leaves: the social environment. And at its manipulation, Survivor’s producers are truly expert. Despite the fact that the structure of the Game itself (principally its length and isolation) puts Earth and Water natives at a disadvantage, through twelve seasons they produced ever-fresh plots and someone-for-almost-everyone finishes with remarkable precision (the one anomaly: Outback). But Yul’s upset victory in S13 (wrong Elements/wrong Gender) and Todd’s in China (right Elements/wrong Gender) left them looking at four straight male (Fire and Air) Sole Survivors. And, assuming that the plan is to continue the series, that is an imbalance worthy of immediate redress.

Perhaps if the plan was to end Survivor with a bang, we would have gotten All-Stars II. And Yul (Air), Terry (Air) and Twila (Air) …

And, unless Burnett and Company is operating on the theory that lightening does not strike twice, I’ll be darned if I know why we seem to be going back to a slightly altered/reinforced Cook Islands to produce a female (Earth and Water) winner. Particularly with a male Capricorn (and perhaps a male Aquarius) in tow.

Anyway, this is how, on the eve of the cast announcement, Micronesia looks:

There is an 82% chance that one of (at least) Alexis, Cirie, Eliza, Michael, Natalie or Tracy will be its Sole Survivor .

There is an 82% chance that no one of (at least) Amanda, Ami and Kathy will be its Sole Survivor

And there is an 87% chance that no one of (at least) James, Jon, Jonathan, Ozzy, Parvati and Yau-Man will be its Sole Survivor.

In another nutshell: the only two returning players with a realistic shot at winning the Game are Cirie and Eliza.

SOLE SURVIVORS: S1 thru S12 -

Men - 6 and Women - 6
Fire and Air Signs - 6
Earth and Water Signs - 6
Superiors - 6
Subordinates - 2
Soloists - 4

Evenly - Split Casts:
Fire and Air Signs - 3
Earth and Water Signs - 1

Unevenly - Split Casts:
Majority Combination - 7
Minority Combination - 1

(S13) COOK ISLANDS CAST

Fire and Air Signs

Superiors
Leo (Fire) … Adam
Leo (Fire) … Nathan

Subordinates
Gemini (Air) … None

Soloists
Aries (Fire) … Cristina
Aries (Fire) … Cao Boi
Sagittarius (Fire) … Chad
Aquarius (Air) … Jessica
Aquarius (Air) … Yul
Libra (Air) … None

Earth and Water Signs

Superiors
Capricorn (Earth) … Cecilia
Capricorn (Earth) … Sundra
Cancer (Water) … Stephannie
Scorpio (Water) … Candice

Subordinates
Taurus (Earth) … Jenny
Taurus (Earth) … Billy
Virgo (Earth) … Becky
Virgo (Earth) … JP
Virgo (Earth) … Ozzy
Virgo (Earth) … Parvati
Virgo (Earth) … Rebecca
Virgo (Earth) … Sekou
Pisces (Water) … Jonathan

Soloists
None

- SOLE SURVIVORS: S1 thru S15

Men - 9 and Women - 6
Fire and Air Signs - 9
Earth and Water Signs - 6
Superiors - 6
Subordinates - 2
Soloists - 7

Evenly - Split Casts:
Fire and Air Signs - 3
Earth and Water Signs - 1

Unevenly - Split Casts:
Majority Combination - 9
Minority Combination - 2

(S16) MICRONESIA CAST

Fire and Air Signs

Superiors
Leo (Fire) … Amanda
Leo (Fire) … Kathy

Subordinates
Gemini (Air) … None

Soloists
Aries (Fire) … Eric (?)
Aries (Fire) … Mary (?)
Sagittarius (Fire)…Chet (?)
Aquarius (Air) … Joel (?)
Aquarius (Air) … Ami
Libra (Air) … None

Earth and Water Signs

Superiors
Capricorn (Earth) … Natalie
Capricorn (Earth) … Michael
Capricorn (Earth) … Eliza
Cancer (Water) … Cirie
Cancer (Water) … Alexis
Scorpio (Water) …Tracy (?)

Subordinates
Taurus (Earth) … Jason (?)
Virgo (Earth) … Ozzy
Virgo (Earth) … Parvati
Virgo (Earth) … Yau-Man
Pisces (Water) … Jon
Pisces (Water) … James
Pisces (Water) … Jonathan

Soloists
None

G

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-02-08, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"

"For instance (in my opinion), the most unsavory character to darken our screens in the last six of them is, in real-life, a schoolteacher. "

I guess I'm in a fog. Who is this a reference to?

Olympia Binewski 4 desperate attention whore postings

01-03-08, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Olympia%20Binewski Click to send private message to Olympia%20Binewski Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
Sherea?

02-12-08, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-08 AT 03:48 AM (EST)

Art by Paul Brent
Chez ...

Olympia (Hello!) is right. I was thinking of Sherea. And I apologize. I seem to have a talent for creating fogbanks. And for being terribly tardy.

I intended to reply to your post long ago, and then one thing and another happened and the thread slipped my mind until I began thinking about this new Season’s cast and the fact that it would appear that the Game is going to be terribly unkind to a least one and perhaps both of its Leos (Kathleen and Amanda) …

Survivor: China gave us vivid, and vividly contrasting, portraits of the paternalistic Leo personality.

And it is a personality that I usually really enjoy watching in action. Because for all of their sense of entitlement, their love of the limelight and their inclination to condescension, these expansive, broad-picture people are usually so heroically magnanimous when things are going well for them and so endearingly vulnerable when things are not (there is more than just a bit of Cowardly Lion in all of them) that I find myself forgiving them almost anything and rooting for them to win almost everything.

For example:

President Clinton and Senator Obama are Leos. And I’m a Republican …

But Sherea is an exception.

She is lazy. She is sloppy. She is a selfish, posturing, bombastic narcissist. She is ill-equipped as a snob and overly-educated as a buffoon. In the words of the Leo profile, Sherea is ‘an excessively negative Leo’ and ‘a very unpleasant human being’.

So, I had decided to simply ignore her until she and the workhorses she rode in on disappeared from my view.

But I detest bullying. Either employed as a tactic or embraced as a lifestyle, the calculated humiliation of the disadvantaged or defenseless is a vile thing. And Sherea is a bully. I think, a very practiced one:

Now, however hypocritical, there was ample testimony that Dave wasn’t easy to live with. And if, in a fit of anger, a fed-up Sherea had thrown his precious seashells in his face, or smashed them on his fancy hearth or flung them to the winds, I would have gone right on ignoring her.

But there was also abundant evidence that Dave was a physical and emotional basket case when Sherea (banking, as all bullies do, on the improbability of being – righteously – slugged for her efforts) calmly and expertly reduced him to human rubble.

Of particular note:

When an emotionally and physically intact Erik strode into the ugly scene (stage left), Sherea and her burlesqued outrage at being ‘Walked-up On’ (and her vicious little game of ‘Keep Away’) instantly exited (stage right).

And I found myself no longer ignoring, and instead viscerally disliking, an image on my television screen. Which is scary.

So, although it probably won’t do either Kathleen or Amanda any good, I’m really glad to be forgiving and cheering Leos again.

I feel better.

PS: The beautiful, feathery fish that is so prominent in the opening credits this Season is a Lionfish. So maybe ...

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-08, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
Unless Episode 1 was an aberration, Kathleen has a major case of "open mouth, insert foot"..........and will only be safe through at least Episode 2 because she picked up the Fan's Idol from the initial dash for the boats........

02-13-08, 05:25 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"

Art by Paul Brent
vince3 …

No aberration, I fear. As you've suggested, our teetender will go sooner rather than later. But a round of golf at Kathleen’s club would be character-building, wouldn’t it?

And this Season’s casting scheme virtually insures that Amanda will finish no better than F2. Again.

So, I suppose that the inclusion of its image in Micronesia’s opening credits is simply a shameful waste of a perfectly magnificent Lionfish.

Sigh ...

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-03-08, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
Check out the article here for the cast of the next season.

I like Joel the firefighter and Natalie.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-03-08, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Jeff's commentary on all twenty --"
LAST EDITED ON 01-03-08 AT 04:55 PM (EST)

-- was moved out to its own thread.

01-04-08, 08:02 PM (EST)
18. "It's Official!"
The CBS site for Survivor: Micronesia is up!

G

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-04-08, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: It's Official!"
Thanks. I have been looking for that for several days now, hopping they would put it up soon.

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-06-08, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
I just saw this on CBS online.... gosh what a boring cast. More like a scrape the bottom of the barrel to find pasts that want to play tribe. I in no way find Cerie a fan favorite over the past contestants that have been on this show.... ugh.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-08, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites All-Stars Revealed"
No one from Palau or Guatemala -- what, Stephenie wasn't up for a third go-round? I thought maybe they'd get Ian or Rafe or Brian Corridan.

And didn't Jonny Fairplay's shelf-life to be on an All Stars show technically expire with the first one?

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •