The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-04, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
Ill beg for one if necessary. I am missing me some TAR.

The louder he talked of his honour, the faster we counted our spoons.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is it too early to start a summ... Estee 04-13-04 1
 RE: Is it too early to start a summ... BuckyBacker 04-13-04 2
   RE: Is it too early to start a summ... BuckyBacker 04-13-04 3
       RE: Is it too early to start a summ... BuckyBacker 04-13-04 4
 RE: Is it too early to start a summ... choochoo 04-13-04 5
   RE: Is it too early to start a summ... BuckyBacker 04-13-04 6
       RE: Is it too early to start a summ... Esbea 04-13-04 7
   RE: Is it too early to start a summ... Estee 04-13-04 9
       RE: Is it too early to start a summ... Esbea 04-14-04 11
           RE: Is it too early to start a summ... Estee 04-14-04 12
               RE: Is it too early to start a summ... Esbea 04-14-04 13
                   RE: Is it too early to start a summ... choochoo 04-14-04 14
                       RE: Is it too early to start a summ... Esbea 04-14-04 15
   RE: Is it too early to start a summ... TeamJoisey 04-21-04 20
       RE: Is it too early to start a summ... MTW1961 05-10-04 34
   Choose Me!! AMAI 05-12-04 35
 RE: Is it too early to start a summ... dajaki 04-13-04 8
   ditto trigirl 04-13-04 10
 I've already got my bells on, baby! Canada Girl 04-15-04 16
   RE: I've already got my bells on, b... Molaholic 04-18-04 17
       RE: I've already got my bells on, b... Estee 04-19-04 18
 TAR summaries! TeamJoisey 04-21-04 19
   RE: TAR summaries! ssshaw 04-22-04 21
       RE: TAR summaries! TeamJoisey 04-22-04 22
           RE: TAR summaries! realitybites 04-24-04 24
               RE: TAR summaries! TeamJoisey 04-25-04 25
                   RE: TAR summaries! thetick 04-27-04 26
                       RE: TAR summaries! realitybites 04-27-04 27
 RE: Is it too early to start a summ... anotherkim 04-24-04 23
   RE: Is it too early to start a summ... Esbea 04-27-04 28
       RE: Is it too early to start a summ... ginger 04-28-04 29
           RE: Is it too early to start a summ... FarmBoy 04-28-04 30
               not quite! I_AM_HE 04-30-04 31
 I would like to do a summary for TA... AMAI 05-02-04 32
 Me! Jims02 05-08-04 33
 RE: Is it too early to start a summ... strid333 05-16-04 36
 Pick me! clemsonbeav 05-25-04 37
 RE: Is it too early to start a summ... landruajm 06-04-04 38
   RE: Is it too early to start a summ... anotherkim 06-07-04 40
 RE: Is it too early to start a summ... J Slice 06-04-04 39
 me too, me too!!!! Sunny_Bunny 06-07-04 41
   RE: oooh Roving Reports mmm AMAI 06-09-04 44
 Don't know how I missed this! volsfan 06-07-04 42
 RE: Is it too early to start a summ... thetick 06-08-04 43
 RE: Is it too early to start a summ... kpod 06-11-04 45
 RE: Is it too early to start a summ... cyclehausen 06-13-04 46
 Uh... AyaK 06-16-04 47
   RE: Uh... Esbea 06-16-04 48
   RE: Uh... TeamJoisey 06-18-04 52
 Is everyone in? AyaK 06-17-04 49
   RE: Is everyone in? samiam 06-17-04 50
       RE: Is everyone in? Devious Weasel 06-18-04 51
           RE: Is everyone in? strid333 06-21-04 53
   RE: Is everyone in? J Slice 06-21-04 54
       Well... AyaK 06-21-04 55
   List for the random draw AyaK 06-22-04 56
       Results AyaK 06-22-04 57
           s'good I_AM_HE 06-22-04 58
           RE: Results choochoo 06-22-04 59
               Yes AyaK 06-22-04 61
           RE: Results MTW1961 06-22-04 60
           RE: Results thetick 06-23-04 64
           Wooohoooo! anotherkim 06-23-04 65
           Whoooo Hooooo! Esbea 06-23-04 66
           IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - I'M OUT realitybites 06-23-04 67
               Yikes! AyaK 06-23-04 71
                   RE: Yikes! realitybites 06-23-04 72
                   RE: Yikes! MTW1961 06-23-04 73
                       On to AMAI... AyaK 06-23-04 76
                           AMAI??? AyaK 06-24-04 78
                               Uh... AyaK 06-25-04 79
                                   RE: Uh... AMAI 06-29-04 86
           RE: Results Devious Weasel 06-23-04 69
               RE: Results ginger 06-23-04 75
                   What? anotherkim 06-23-04 77
           RE: Results Estee 06-25-04 80
           RE: Results strid333 06-26-04 81
           RE: Results samiam 06-26-04 82
   RE: Is everyone in? clemsonbeav 06-22-04 62
       RE: Is everyone in? I_AM_HE 06-22-04 63
           RE: Is everyone in? clemsonbeav 06-23-04 68
           Yep AyaK 06-23-04 70
               RE: Yep ginger 06-23-04 74
 Episode 3 AyaK 06-29-04 83
   RE: Episode 3 landruajm 06-29-04 84
       RE: Episode 3 Esbea 06-29-04 85
   RE: Episode 3 AMAI 06-29-04 87
   RE: Episode 3 J Slice 06-29-04 88
   RE: Episode 3 clemsonbeav 06-30-04 89
 Final schedule AyaK 06-30-04 90
   RE: Final schedule AMAI 06-30-04 91
   I feel like the Swap Queen! Esbea 07-01-04 93
   RE: Final schedule TeamJoisey 07-02-04 94
   RE: Final schedule strid333 07-04-04 95
 Great roster! moonbaby 06-30-04 92
 My goodness trigirl 07-14-04 96

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-04, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
If it's not too early to start one, then it's not too early for me to formally ask for inclusion in the random draw. I've won my first few battle scars: time to ask for a better class of wound.

BuckyBacker 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-13-04, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BuckyBacker Click to send private message to BuckyBacker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-04 AT 11:43 AM (EST)

The following is intended to be a bit sarcastic. If offense is taken, it was not intended.

Episode -3 of the Amazing Race PreRace: Application Action

Hundreds of couples from around the United States spent their weekends video taping themselves. While it sounds kinky, these couples were putting together the chance of a lifetime - the chance to be in a race around the world.

The Emmy-award winning the Amazing Race's fifth season is still over two months from airing - it begins July 6th. But producers aren't waiting to shoot season six. They are putting together the cast of racers for that take off in August. Twelve teams of two will be selected from the hundreds that apply. Married couples, coworkers, fathers and sons are all trying for the chance to take part in the ultimate scavanger hunt. Given clues and limited money, the teams will travel all over the globe looking for the next step. Every so often, the teams will have 12 hour pit-stops - a chance to rest. The only problem is that the last team into a pit stop will usually go home.

Who wants to try out for such an adventure? Song and Ivan, a gay couple from San Fransisco came out for an open casting call held by the local CBS affiliate. Song, a taxicab driver originally from Seattle, said that traveling to obscure destinations was the primary reason for applying. The million dollar prize didn't hurt either.

"Song and I also want to correct the perception that gay couples are victims. Chip and Reichen kept playing the 'gays can do everything straight people can do' card. Nothing annoys me more," Ivan elaborated.

Don and Samantha, a father-daughter team, came over from Oakland to try out. "There's never been a father and daughter team on TAR," Samantha, an 22-year old model said. Don elaborated, "I think it will be a great opportunity to get to know my daughter. I left my family 10 years ago for my secretary, so I haven't known Sam since she became a teenager. I just found out Sam loved the Amazing Race as much as I do, so we figured why not get reaquainted and work our our differences in a high stress situation?"

----more coming----

04-13-04, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BuckyBacker Click to send private message to BuckyBacker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
Episode -3 continued:

Why not indeed? Many of TAR's (as the Amazing Race devotees call it) most memorable moments have come during major breakdowns between members of a couple. Shouting on the subway, berating each other running up a mountain. It's the stuff that people love to talk about. Likewise, teams with unique jobs, personalities, and relationships tend to become the favorites. Two friends who were also clowns in the last version became favorites of millions around the world.

In addition to the hundred teams that came out to casting calls in San Francisco and Boca Raton, others applied by mail. The Los Angeles office where TAR producers work, has seen a steady increase in the amount of mail. Production assistant Jose Johansen is one of the people responsible for screening the videos.

"The application has been out for a month or so, though we really didn't advertise it much. So in March, the packets trickled in. But since the deadline is tomorrow, we've seen almost an exponential increase in videos coming in.

"To be honest, most of them are same - two people just talking at the camera. The ones that get our attention by being different. We also try to get a number of teams from around the United States. The next step will be in-person interviews at nine sites around the country. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do any of those - I've only been here for a year."

The next step - what everyone hopes to get to. For Adrianna and Tom, a newly engaged couple from Fresno, that's all they want. "We're funny and love to travel. I know if we get to meet the producers, they'll have to pick us. We're too good looking to turn down," Adrianna brags.

Indeed, they may be good-looking, but many couples will be turned down before the final twelve teams are settled on.

Stay tuned for scenes from our next, exciting update!

04-13-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
On our next episode of the Amazing Race PreRace:

Teams from all over the country descend upon major cities around the United States, looking to move to the Finalist interviews in LA.

Bob and Larry, cousins from Georgia talk to producers in Charlotte about how they've been good friends for the past 50 years and how they'd love the oppotunity to travel. "This is the first time we've been out of the county. We'd love to get out of the country!"

Ivan and Song make it to the interviews in Los Angeles. The chip on their shoulder (pun intended) grows heavy when the producers bring Chip from TAR4 to the interviews.

And a couple from Dallas breaks down when they get to their interview late and are turned away.

All of this, on the next episode of the Amazing Race PreRace!

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-13-04, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-04 AT 12:03 PM (EST)

Esbea,
Never too early to grovel for a coveted TAR Summary spot. Go for it girl!

BuckyBacker,
Not sure if this is the right thread for your pre-show applicant summary. Traditionally the DAWs (like Esbea & Estee) shamelessly sell their souls to the Message Board monitors to secure their particular week to summarize the "actual" show in threads like this.

No harm done, but as other "would-be" authors check in, your pre-show applicant summaries may only confuse the group. Looks like your extensive research deserves it's own thread. Just a suggestion. Great job.

04-13-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
ChooChoo
Thanks for the advice - I didn't realize that I needed to signup/beg/plead/etc. I just figured since Esbea asked for a summary and I was in a creative mood, I'd try my hand at it.

To the monitors and others, my deepest apologies. I trust that my faux pax will be forgiven with probation at worse and my own article section at best. Please move the posts in question if necessary.

04-13-04, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
bwahahahahaahha! I was asking to be put in the running to WRITE an episode summary when the show airs. But I thought yours was funny! Thanks for trying to accomodate me.

04-13-04, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
shamelessly sell their souls to the Message Board monitors to secure their particular week to summarize the "actual" show in threads like this.

Ummm... no. I'm not quite that enthused, thank you. I can offer one of them a partially-eaten advent calendar, though. Is that any good?

04-14-04, 11:12 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
I dont know.....the TAR summaries are usually pretty hard to get.

04-14-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
A partially-eaten advent calendar plus an Anthony Bourdain book and an ecletic selection of rabbit fur? (I'll need some advance warning on the rabbit fur.)

04-14-04, 03:31 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
If I hadnt already read all the Bourdain books, I might be willing to trade my place in line. As it is, I dont know that the powers that be around here are big fans of his. You might consider offering up some lard-filled-fats though. Theyre always a safe bet.

04-14-04, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-04 AT 04:28 PM (EST)

Had to "google" Anthony Bourdain just to make sure y'all were talking about "cooking" non-fiction?

04-14-04, 04:27 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
actually, hes written some fiction as well.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-21-04, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"

>Traditionally the DAWs (like Esbea
>& Estee) shamelessly sell their
>souls to the Message Board
>monitors to secure their particular
>week to summarize the "actual"
>show in threads like this.
>
Can I just say that I'm insulted by this reference?

Esbea and Estee are fine people and have written some fine summaries on this site. I have never seen them grovel for a spot on a summary list. Furthermore, I am insulted that I was not included in this group. Please add me to your list.

Groveling DAW.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-10-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
{grovel) I've been doing my time in the minor leagues, hoping to one day get a TAR episode summary assignment. If it isn't too early to start groveling for an episode, then please, PLEASE, PLEASE give me one . If it is too early, then disregard this post. {/grovel}

Mark

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Have you given your TiVo a nice, firm handshake today?

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-12-04, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Choose Me!!"
I'm following the lead of others and putting my (extra) request up near the top of the thread...

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
I'm sure it's too early for the BluePeople to start taking volunteers, but I'll be there with bells on when they do.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-13-04, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "ditto"

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-15-04, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "I've already got my bells on, baby!"
I'm so in, of course. Throw my name in the hat.

Everyone, fill your glasses for the TAR drinking game, we're back in business!

woooooo!

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-04, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I've already got my bells on, baby!"
Hey there TAR Fans! Put my name in the potential-yet-to-be-almost-time-for-it-list too.

As for selling my soul, being a life-long Dodger fan, my soul went many many years ago (and yet, no post season wins since 1988 ). But I would be willing to offer a couple of well-worn (we'll call them 'cozy') pairs of white socks, as well as $1.98 American in loose change. (I think there might be a looney or two in there as well ...)

BTW -- good to see you again CG! I sure miss the good old days of those live chats over at that other site.

sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

04-19-04, 12:49 PM (EST)
18. "RE: I've already got my bells on, baby!"
I am at the point where I'm convinced that selling one's soul is in fact functionally impossible.

No, really. Think about it. The Red Sox would have won by now.

04-21-04, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "TAR summaries!"
I know it's a little early to jump in, but I'm going to be on vacation June 21-July 1, and might not be here when the official signup thread opens.

Please, AyaK and the blue peeps, put me on the list.
No preference on date or episode.

Heck, I'd do them all. I loves me some TAR.

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: TAR summaries!"
I would love to do a summary for TAR as well preferably a
non-elimination episode. That's just in case I suck at it
and hope nobody reads it.

04-22-04, 06:00 PM (EST)
22. "RE: TAR summaries!"

ssshaw, welcome to the boards.

We never know which TAR episodes are the non-elimination legs, and neither do the racers. So there's no way to chose one to summarize. From my perspective, the non-elimination episodes are always much tougher to write.

If you are worried about whether you "suck at it," perhaps you should try writing a summary or two for one of the less popular shows. It's easier to get a slot, and you don't have to worry about how many people read it.

I know the Survivor summaries are only assigned to folks who have written for other shows. I don't know if that rule is being applied for this show, but it's another reason to go take a crack at another show.

Also, if you want to read some of the past summaries of TAR and other shows, they can be found in the Bashers boards. Our summaries tend to get a little acidic.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-24-04, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: TAR summaries!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-04 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

>We never know which TAR episodes are the non-elimination legs,
>and neither do the racers. So there's no way to chose one to
>summarize.

That's not quite true. Based on the pattern of the four previous races:

* Leg 1-5 are ALWAYS elimination legs.
* Leg 12 is ALWAYS a non-elimination leg.
* Leg 13 is a non-elimination leg, but also the finale, and I expect competition to be keen for that one.
* Leg 11 is ALWAYS an elimination leg.

So, if I had to guess, I would say that legs 6, 8, and 10 would also be non-elim. But CBS can throw things off by combining multiple legs into one episode.

For more details on which episodes will end up (almost) for sure as non-elims once the show starts, check your local listings, or join us in the spoilers forum.

>I know the Survivor summaries are only assigned to folks who
>have written for other shows. I don't know if that
>rule is being applied for this show, but it's another reason to
>go take a crack at another show.

I think the summary slots here - once they're offically allocated - will fill up quickly. The only doubt that they would comes because TAR will start in the middle of summer and some of our best writers might have better things to do then.

04-25-04, 00:58 AM (EST)
25. "RE: TAR summaries!"

Well, bites, you are right about the legs. I hadn't given it that much thought.

So I retract that part of my post, but not the advice about trying a summary elsewhere first.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

thetick 279 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-27-04, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thetick Click to send private message to thetick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: TAR summaries!"
thing is, didn't they start with one less team this time out?

so might that not affect the schedule somewhat?

04-27-04, 06:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: TAR summaries!"
>thing is, didn't they start with one less team this time out?
>
>so might that not affect the schedule somewhat?

I took that into account. The first two seasons had 11 teams, the same as this one will. The last two had 12.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-04, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
You are such an eager beaver, Esbea, honey .

I, of course, will NEVER pass up an opportunity to write a summary, so coutn me in on the list of wannados when it comes out, please.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--I hate Ally. Hate her.

04-27-04, 11:05 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
That I am, m'dear. You know how hard the TAR summaries are to get, no harm in beggin early, right? Plus, I figured if we got the summary list going, it might seem like its going to be on sooner! Im in serious withdrawl!

"Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for the night. Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.''

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"

Me too! Me too! And I'm really hoping I get the Ali-mination episode!

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-28-04, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"

I'm sorry Ginger, but you're the last to arrive.

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece
Your WSC3 SR Winner

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "not quite!"
looks like i'm bringing up the rear so far. i'd love to be in the lotto, but if this is an elimination post, i'm ok with that too. i'd love for everyone else that wants to write one to get the chance, and i've had more than my share of fun writing for MMH with Swami!

so either way, i'm good, and will be cheering on our summary writers whether i'm in that number or not

05-02-04, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "I would like to do a summary for TAR"
I think there may be room, still.

I'd love to be in the middle of the order and I don't mind if I get a non-elim week.

Please consider my application, Blue Peeps!

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-04, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Me!"
I got all the other shows by now...

I'd lvoe to summarize the finale!

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-04, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
If you need anybody, I'll write a summary too.

Three is the perfect number.

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-04, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Pick me!"
I´ve never done one before. I´d be glad to double up with somebody. I mean, after all, I have been on my own little Amazing Race. Granted, it took me over 4 months to complete it.

President of the GAWKUR Alliance

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-04, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
Erm...me too.

06-07-04, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
where on earth have you been?

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--eagerly anticipates all summaries by the Red One.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-04, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"

Ohhhh MEMEMEME!

Duchess/Lifeguard of OT and Surrounding Territories

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-04, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "me too, me too!!!!"
Is it too late for me Es? Could Ra and I do a roving report if its too late for a "legit" summery? Could we do one together?

Huh, huh, huh?!

06-09-04, 05:06 PM (EST)
44. "RE: oooh Roving Reports mmm"
Oh yeah, you MUST do a roving report, you two. So funny!!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-04, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "Don't know how I missed this!"
I would like to do an episode as well. I put it in the thresd about this summer's summaries but didn't see it here until now!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

06-08-04, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thetick Click to send private message to thetick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
errrm

i just realized that in my earlier post 1 1/2 months ago i left off the important little detail of how i'd like a summary slot

on the plus side, i did post it in the general summer signup thread

kpod 125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-11-04, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kpod Click to send private message to kpod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
Guess I might as well stake out my place in line -- maybe I can cut ahead if Reichen and Chip aren't looking...

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-04, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Is it too early to start a summary thread?"
I'm not playin around yo.

I want an OFFICIAL summary this time. I'll give up my Mole DVD for it.

(If it's not gone already)

"I am an unlimited person, sadly living in a limited world."-Harlan Ellison

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-04, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "Uh..."
...y'all know that summary sign-up threads are supposed to go in the Amazing Race Spoilers/Speculation Forum, right?

So tonight, I'm going to move this thread from Fanatics to Spoilers/Speculation, and at the end of the week, we'll post the summary schedule.

06-16-04, 10:04 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Uh..."
The Spoilers forum, seriously? I was torn between this one and Bashers (where the summaries get posted), Spoilers never entered my mind. Sorry! Ill know better next time.

"Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for the night. Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.''

06-18-04, 11:17 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Uh..."
AyaK,

I'm leaving the country Monday 6 a.m. EDT, and won't see this board between Sunday night and Thursday, July 1.

If you post the schedule while I'm gone, be assured that I'm OK with any episode. I just won't respond until the premiere is almost upon us.

I also notice that there are more writers than episodes. I won't whine if my name does not come out of the hat.

I shall pout.

06-17-04, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "Is everyone in?"
So, who is looking to write?

Esbea
Estee
BuckyBacker (no prior RTW summaries, right?)
TeamJoisey
MTW1961
AMAI
dajaki
trigirl
Canada Girl
Molaholic (no prior RTW summaries, right?)
ssshaw (no prior RTW summaries, right?)
realitybites (any prior RTW summaries?)
anotherkim
ginger
I_AM_HE
Jims02
strid333
clemsonbeav (no prior RTW summaries, right?)
landruajm
J Slice
Sunny_Bunny
volsfan
thetick
kpod (any prior RTW summaries?)
cyclehausen

Any others? Since it's a random draw open to all those who have written a previous RTW summary (and I'll check before I post the list, so own up if you haven't), there is no penalty for not having posted yet.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

06-17-04, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Is everyone in?"
Add me in, if you would, Mr. K. I'll take a chance at a slot.

A morning without coffee is like something without something else.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

06-18-04, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Is everyone in?"
Me too!

A fish without a bicycle?

06-21-04, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Is everyone in?"
Why not, eh?

06-21-04, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Is everyone in?"

I haven't written a summary. Sigh. And from the looks of these guidelines, I guess I never get to

The Order of Banana Delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

06-21-04, 10:51 PM (EST)
55. "Well..."
If you sign up to write a summary for another summer reality show, you too could be in the draw, Ms. Slice. But I need to know QUICKLY!!!!!

06-22-04, 05:13 PM (EST)
56. "List for the random draw"
Unless I hear otherwise VERY shortly, here's the list going into the random draw for summaries.

1. Esbea
2. Estee
3. TeamJoisey
4. MTW1961
5. AMAI
6. dajaki
7. trigirl
8. Canada Girl
9. realitybites
10. anotherkim
11. ginger
12. I_AM_HE
13. Jims02
14. strid333
15. landruajm
16. Sunny_Bunny
17. volsfan
18. thetick
19. cyclehausen
20. samiam
21. Devious Weasel

Only 13 open slots -- let's see how it comes out!

06-22-04, 05:44 PM (EST)
57. "Results"
I hate having to turn people away, but I guess it goes with the territory.

OK, here's the sequence from the random draw, done at:
http://www.random.org/sform.html

Awarded episodes:
1. 20 - samiam
2. 11 - ginger
3. 9 - realitybites
4. 1 - Esbea
5. 18 - thetick
6. 19 - cyclehausen
7. 12 - I_AM_HE
8. 2 - Estee
9. 14 - strid333
10. 6 - dajaki
11. 3 - TeamJoisey
12. 21 - Devious Weasel
13. 10 - anotherkim

NOT awarded episodes (first one is first alternate):
4 - MTW1961
5 - AMAI
15 - landruajm
7 - trigirl
13 - Jims02
8 - Canada Girl
16 - Sunny_Bunny
17 - volsfan

First, my apologies to all of you who lost out in the random draw -- especially landruajm, who also lost in the random draw on S7 (though I think we made it up to you in S8). (dajaki also lost in the S7 draw, but not this one, thank heavens.) I promise you 8 that, if you want to write an episode of TAR6 this fall, you'll have "superpriority" (in other words, you're in).

As for the rest of you, I'd like to assign the episodes in the same order that your names were drawn, with samiam doing the premiere and anotherkim doing the finale. Let me know if the date assigned will be a problem for anyone.

06-22-04, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "s'good"
thanks AyaK

E7 looks like end of Aug / beginning of Sept? doesn't really matter when it is though, i'm flexible.

and i'm already looking forward to TAR6 now, with a great 2/3 of the slate already set

06-22-04, 06:48 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Results"
Just for informational purposes, but how did you arrive at 13 episodes. Are you assuming 4 non-elimination legs? Just wondering, given we only have 11 teams this time. Sorry, but curious minds want to know

06-22-04, 07:16 PM (EST)
61. "Yes"
I'm assuming 13 episodes because TAR1 through TAR4 have had 13 episodes, and I haven't seen any indication from the pre-race info that TAR5 will change from that practice.

We've always had 3 non-elim episodes, so it doesn't seem like a stratch to expect 4. (I wonder if the producers will adopt the reasonable strategy of making the non-elims into legs 3, 6, 9 and 12, instead of back-loading the non-elims.)

06-22-04, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Results"
I will cheerfully accept my role as first alternate, especially knowing a TAR6 episode is awaiting.

Mark

06-23-04, 01:59 AM (EST)
64. "RE: Results"
ep 5 is sensational

long enough to get to know the teams with three or four of the duds already washed out

i like it

06-23-04, 08:23 AM (EST)
65. "Wooohoooo!"
this season better not suck.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--that should be fine

06-23-04, 09:00 AM (EST)
66. "Whoooo Hooooo!"
I am doin the dance of joy!!! Episode 4 is JUST FINE....Duds are gone, but there are still plenty of losers to bash. Many thanks to the random draw Gods.

Ayak, did you get my PM? Is it still ok if I do that for my summary?

06-23-04, 09:33 AM (EST)
67. "IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - I'M OUT"
While I am pleased to win a prestigious slot summarizing The Amazing Race (and everyone's favorite too - "Alison & Donny, you're the last team to arrive..."), I must decline this honor. I was never interested in doing a summary for TAR, and my responses to this thread were to issues not related to expressing my interest. I apologize for the confusion, and I apologize for not noticing my name on the list sooner.

P.S. For future reference, AyaK, I did the episode summaries for Beg, Borrow & Deal 2. Not that anyone watched or noticed the show when it was on...

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

06-23-04, 11:40 AM (EST)
71. "Yikes!"
realitybites, I know you did the summaries of BB&D2, which is why you were in the draw. I just didn't remember when I put together the first listing.

If you're sure you want out (you can still change your mind, if you do so today), that opens up the Episode 3 slot for our first alternate, MTW1961.

BUT, MTW1961, since you're doing both Outback Jack and Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2, my question is: will you have time to do it -- or would you rather wait to TAR6 and let AMAI, the second alternate, have this slot? Please respond.

06-23-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
72. "RE: Yikes!"
Yeah I'm out. There are a lot of really talented writers here who want to do summaries for the show, and I don't want to stand in their way.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

06-23-04, 04:38 PM (EST)
73. "RE: Yikes!"
I will gladly defer to AMAI for this one, since realitybites was scheduled for episode 3. However, can I still be first alternate in case a later episode becomes available?

06-23-04, 10:10 PM (EST)
76. "On to AMAI..."
Ok, AMAI, how do you feel about Ep. 3? Would you like it?

06-24-04, 05:26 PM (EST)
78. "AMAI???"
Just checking in! Please respond.

06-25-04, 01:52 PM (EST)
79. "Uh..."
Hopefully AMAI is around and will have a chance to respond over the weekend. But if we haven't heard from her by Monday, I'm going to move to the next name on the alternate list: landruajm.

06-29-04, 02:43 PM (EST)
86. "RE: Uh..."
I've been waiting to hear about this!

When is Ep 3? I could do it if you haven't given away the spot already.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-04, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Results"
That date is fine - it means I get to set up AKim!

06-23-04, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
75. "RE: Results"
Now, don't you try to pull a Farenheit 911 and sneak a bunch of presidential campaign propaganda in the DW/Kim double summary punch...

Well, okay - if it's very funny propaganda.

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

06-23-04, 10:31 PM (EST)
77. "What?"
you think we would use this forum for personal gain?

I've already got performance anxiety.

06-25-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
80. "RE: Results"
I'm in?

I'm in?

I've got Episode #8?

Thank you, random draw! See, suffering really does influence the odds! And to make that suffering really stick, having #8 almost guarantees I join the Bebo Club of those who consistently get non-elimination shows! (If the Race starts on time and Outback Jack ends on schedule, I should be able to vault from the later to the former with no trouble beyond the headache induced by major paradigm shifts. And even if they don't, I Will Find A Way.)

I am stoked.

(Please, please, please let me get Alison and Donny's exit... no, wait, that means they'd last a while... Please let Samiam get that one...)

06-26-04, 01:40 PM (EST)
81. "RE: Results"
Hey cool, I got picked, and I would love to do the summary. So it means Aug 14, right?

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
82. "RE: Results"
The opener, huh? Yeah, okay, got it, no problem.

Eep!

06-22-04, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Is everyone in?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-22-04 AT 08:16 PM (EST)

Well darn. Hopefully I'll get in there for TAR6.

And no, I haven't done a summary before. You are correct.

ETA: How would I be eligible to write a summary? Is there a link somewhere?

06-22-04, 08:38 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Is everyone in?"
hey beav - to be considered for a TAR or Survivor summary, you have to have written a summary for another show on this site (or be about to, I believe). AyaK's still waiting for signups on BB, I think, which does not have that prerequisite, so if you want to get in on that (or another show currently airing or about to air), you'd be eligible to write for TAR6 or S9 in the fall.

Did I get that right?

06-23-04, 10:03 AM (EST)
68. "RE: Is everyone in?"
Cool. Just signed up!

06-23-04, 11:33 AM (EST)
70. "Yep"
>Did I get that right?

Yes. Exactly right.

06-23-04, 05:29 PM (EST)
74. "RE: Yep"
YAY! Thank you, Ayak!

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

06-29-04, 11:03 AM (EST)
83. "Episode 3"
Our writer for episode 3, realitybites, withdrew. The first alternate, MTW1961, also withdrew. The second alternate, AMAI, hasn't responded to my posts to see if she was interested in writing the episode. So here is the rest of the alternate schedule:

1) 15 - landruajm
2) 7 - trigirl
3) 13 - Jims02
4) 8 - Canada Girl
5) 16 - Sunny_Bunny
6) 17 - volsfan
7) xx - J Slice (who should have been in the draw, since she signed up for BB5, but wasn't -- my fault!)

And here's the offer -- each of you has a 24-hour period to respond if you're interested in writing the summary of Ep. 3. (You may reply early, but your reply won't count until it's your day.) In other words, if landruajm hasn't replied within 24 hours of now, then trigirl gets a 24-hour period to reply. If landruajm and trigirl both haven't replied within 48 hours, then Jims02 gets a chance.

This will be like the NFL draft -- if you've missed your period, you can still reply, and you'll get the episode if you are the first one "on the clock" to reply. Right now -- and for the next 24 hours -- the only two "on the clock" are AMAI and landruajm. In a day, AMAI, landuajm and trigirl will be on the clock. Et cetera.

(Complicated? Sure. But I want to be fair, yet I also want to get the episode assigned before next week!)

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
84. "RE: Episode 3"
I will be out of the country for ep 3. However, Esbea has offered to trade me for it, so she'd do ep 3, and I'd do ep 4. If that's acceptable, I'm in.

Thanks!

06-29-04, 11:46 AM (EST)
85. "RE: Episode 3"
yep, I sure did. Hopefully thats ok with the Random Draw Gods, 'cause that means Ill get a shout out (or possible cameo appearance) in your summary!

06-29-04, 02:44 PM (EST)
87. "RE: Episode 3"
Sorry - I've been checking for this every day and then I got tied up with some other stuff.

Am I still eligible for Ep 3?

06-29-04, 08:20 PM (EST)
88. "RE: Episode 3"

YES!

The Order of Banana Delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

06-30-04, 01:14 AM (EST)
89. "RE: Episode 3"
I signed up for BB5, does that mean I could've been in there, too? I mean, I won't get an epi. I guess I'll just hang in there 'til next season!

06-30-04, 05:11 PM (EST)
90. "Final schedule"
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-04 AT 02:30 PM (EST)

AMAI, I'm sorry, but landruajm replied first. You can be first alternate, and you're still on the schedule for TAR6.

So here's the final summary schedule for TAR5, as well as the tentative Tuesday-night dates -- but I think the finale might actually be moved to Saturday, because I think CBS is scheduled to premiere its fall schedule during the week of Sept. 26:

Ep 1. July 6 -- samiam
Ep 2. July 13 -- ginger
Ep 3. July 20 -- dajaki
Ep 4. July 27 -- landruajm
Ep 5. Aug. 3 -- thetick
Ep 6. Aug. 10 -- cyclehausen
Ep 7. Aug. 17 -- I_AM_HE
Ep 8. Aug. 24 -- Estee
Ep 9. Aug. 31 -- strid333
Ep 10. Sept. 7 -- Esbea
Ep 11. Sept. 14 -- TeamJoisey
Ep 12. Sept. 21 -- Devious Weasel
Ep 13. Sept. 28 -- anotherkim

...which should take us right into TAR6, for which we already have a whole bunch of summary writers signed up!

Edited to reflect swap of episodes between dajaki and Esbea.

06-30-04, 05:32 PM (EST)
91. "RE: Final schedule"
I am willing to take dajaki's episode if no-one will swap with her.

07-01-04, 09:36 AM (EST)
93. "I feel like the Swap Queen!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-04 AT 09:39 AM (EST)

Id be willing to swap! Ive just gotten a Joe Schmo summary, so wouldnt mind waiting until Sept. to do my TAR one. That is, if dajaki wouldnt mind ep #3 on such short notice.

PM was sent to dajaki as well.

07-02-04, 01:03 AM (EST)
94. "RE: Final schedule"
I'm back in the US and just catching up.

I'm OK with this lineup, and charged about writing the traditional "Tears of a Clown" episode where we say goodbye to the only likeable team.

07-04-04, 12:47 PM (EST)
95. "RE: Final schedule"
Should be alright here.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

06-30-04, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
92. "Great roster!"
Can't wait for my favorite show to start and to read what you all have to say!
Wooo!

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-04, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
96. "My goodness"
...this is one confusing thread.

Just got back from my big triathlon in Sweden and will be happy to be in the NFL draft or whatever it is I have really signed up for!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •