The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Vidcaps, Ep 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-06-07, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Vidcaps, Ep 4"
Thanks to Survivor Fever:

Next week on Survivor:

These vidcaps clearly show 2 challenges. One with armor, a sort of jousting sans the horses. This vidcap shows one of the Jhan Hu men, note yellow sword and banners in the background...possibly the RC as the IC occurs at night, possibly right before TC?

This could be his opponent...James from FeiLong, note the colors...Note that he is holding the saber/stick/sword like weapon in his left hand while swinging a rope like thing that biurficates into 2, with 2 weighted rock like things at the end of it, obviously, it will be thrown as we see...

Could the object be to break as many of the china urns that we see scattered everywhere? Note that they are not opposing each other, but are at a line and throwing the balls toward a common side...

This challenge has something to do with the "Art of War".

The night time challenge is the one with the chop sticks at the far end....perhaps they have to work together in pairs to transfer fire from one end of the lane to the other, and light one of the pots that starts of the fireworks....first to light all three pots and fireworks wins IC....go right to TC, winners of IC sit in to watch the losers TC?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Vidcaps, Ep 4 michel 10-06-07 1
   RE: Vidcaps, Ep 4 vince3 10-06-07 2
       RE: Vidcaps, Ep 4 michel 10-06-07 3
 RE: Vidcaps, Ep 4 CTgirl 10-06-07 4
 RE: Vidcaps, Ep 4 sylvester 10-06-07 5
   RE: Vidcaps, Ep 4 michel 10-06-07 6
 Challenges tribephyl 10-07-07 7
   RE: Challenges michel 10-07-07 8
       RE: Challenges tribephyl 10-07-07 9
           RE: Challenges Scarlett O Hara 10-07-07 10
               RE: Challenges CTgirl 10-07-07 12
               RE: Challenges Flowerpower 10-07-07 13
               RE: Challenges tribephyl 10-08-07 15
           RE: Challenges Flowerpower 10-07-07 11
               RE: Challenges tribephyl 10-08-07 16
                   RE: Challenges Flowerpower 10-08-07 17
 Promo Vidcaps... Flowerpower 10-07-07 14
 We are getting bad.... Flowerpower 10-09-07 18
   RE: We are getting bad.... mommy0f4 10-11-07 19
       RE: We are getting bad.... dabo 10-11-07 20
           RE: We are getting bad.... mommy0f4 10-11-07 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-07, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep 4"
Nice analysis, FP. I don't see any chopsticks but there are two challenges. So, with 2 challenges, we shouldn't get a double boot even if both teams go to TC. That had me worried because a double boot with 16 players would've probably meant outcasts and who wants that.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-07, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep 4"
Whoami had these in the other Ep. 4 picture thread......

If they're not giant chopsticks, then they're wooden rails for the fireballs........

10-06-07, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep 4"
Thanks Vince.

Big sticks, fireballs, I'll let you make the entry in Estee's sexual innuendo thread!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-07, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep 4"
SEG pyrotechnician Simon Ross described this challenge on the TV Guide channel preview: "One of the challenges... involves picking up fireballs with chopsticks, putting them into a trough. It rolls down, falls into a wok filled with flash powder, which sets off a fuse, and then sets off fireworks." (from TDT). Also this challenge was filmed on the 4th of July -a nice mix of Chinese fireworks with the U.S. Independence Day.

surfkitty sig shop 2007

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-06-07, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep 4"
It looks like Zhan Hu wins the RC.

The shots of the firework pots clearly show a yellow and a red, and the yellow one is smoking and looking ready to explode. Plus you can tell it's Jaime in her orange dress back behind the yellow one.

Wonder who'll they'll kidnap this week?

10-06-07, 03:29 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep 4"
Aren't the fireworks part of the IC?

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-07, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Challenges"
Wow.
I don't step over here much during the season, but I noticed that a lot of folks had made bad entries in the AVG and came to investigate how and why things went so wrong.
After reading the week 3 SOTS, it's clear that most were too reliant upon the sourced spoilers rather than the actual editing.
So I decided to investigate further...
Having noticed, first, that we have two seperate vidcaps threads. (Didn't that end a couple of seasons ago?)
Also noting that some were giving insights that I just didn't follow. So...Here's my thoughts on the challenges, from what we see.

RC:
Bola War

Each survivor is given; torso armor, a helmet, a 3-weight bola and a cane of bamboo.
With the tribes throwing the sandbagged bolas at each others precariously perched set of vases.

Across from each other, at the same time.

Here you can see Erik and Jaime, both ZH, on the same side.

With the Armor for protection, the cane of bamboo for defense.
First tribe to smash all of the opposing tribes vases wins.
I can't make a prediction based on the vidcaps given...however, here it seems ZhaunHu has been hit more than a couple times as there are a few empty perches.

Also it looks like FeiLong sits out Todd and Aaron while ZhaunHu sits out Sherea.
With JP moderating from the sidelines.

IC:
Fireball Chopsticks

The tribe's get treemail expressing to them that it's time to go to tribal council, because the challenge will be held out side the TC temple. Whether the winning tribe gets to sit in on the losing tribe's council meeting, I'm not sure. But from the IC shots you can see TC in the background.

Obviously the pairs are to somehow finagle a ball of fire within a set of giant chopsticks.
Because of the "safety hilt", once a pair gets their ball down to that point it'll be pretty easy to carry it to the opposite end and into the fuse for the fireworks.

Each tribe has 3 bowls. Each bowl, if you look closely has a different amount of fireworks attached to it.

The first bowl has 1...
Second has 2...
third has 3 (possibly 6. It looks a lot bigger than the other two and when compared with the shots of fireworks in the air, You can see 6 projectiles in the next shot.)

As to how it plays out?
Follow me ...
In this shot, it's clear that ZhaunHu has just lit their first fireworks.

When I see FeiLongs firebowl, it looks like there first firework have already gone off and the fire is left burning. There's even residual smoke from the initial takeoff still in the air.
I imagine once the fuse is lit, it lights the bowl and the bowl sets off the fireworks, therefore in order for the bowl to be in flames, the fuse would already have to have been lit.)
Now, in that picture (and as sylvester noticed) you can see Jaime and Frosti near the start line for ZH.

This would make them the second pair to attempt getting the fireball down to the other end.

It looks like Erik and Dave are waiting for their turn after Jaime/Frosti. With their chopsticks at the ready.
I also notice that Sherea seems to be sharing some comments (perhaps strategy) to Erik and Dave.

Here Jaime/Frosti have made it back (after the second set of fireworks) and it is now up to Erik and Dave to make the winning try for ZH.

Now...While looking at the FL's you'll notice that Aaron and Denise are peeking out from the side of the previous picture.

And in this shot, they are again not participating but rather "cheering" from the sidelines.

Also notice that neither Aaron/Denise nor Amanda/Todd have their chopsticks in hand. This probably means that James/JR is the last pair for FL.

Now... if we match the last pairs and their progress, I can say barring any unforseen last second mess ups, FeiLong will win IC.
Because in the following shot you can see the reactions of the ZH's make it look like a FL are about to win.

Sherea and Jaime watching FL's progress and Frosti plugging his ears from the noise of FL's soon to be lit fireworks. While Dave and Erik still struggle with their fireball.

RC: Edge to FeiLong.
IC: FeiLong

10-07-07, 03:16 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Challenges"
Wow! Outstanding analysis, Tribephyl. Come back more often!

10-07-07, 05:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Challenges"
Ya' know, the more I mull it over I'm tending to change my perceptions a bit.
Starting with the objective of the IC.
Originally I mentioned that they'd have to run it down to the other end, in between their chopsticks. NOW I'm thinking each pair actually has to "toss" the fireballs to light the fuse, firebowl, fireworks.

In each of the challenge shots, each pair is poised at the "starting line". No running. No movement.
Which leads me to believe tossing is modus operandi.

Now, with this in mind (and a couple of minor glitches in possible timing, for instance:
In the blow-up of Jaime and Frosti here...

...you can see Dave and Erik to the right rear of the pair and Sherea standing directly behind Jaime. -and I can't locate PG.-
But here in this image:

...Sherea has traded sides.)
With Jaime and Frosti in nearly the same exact position, I'm having a little trouble placing the pairs as 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Whereas now I'm thinking each pair gets a single shot in rotation.
If at first you don't succeed, then to the back of the line with you. And after your other tribmates have their chance, you'll get another shot.

This would also invalidate the importance of the responses of the ZH in this closeup as well.

As those responses could be from any one of the FL's fireworks.

Of course, if the original "blow-up" is of the dreamteamers (or a reshoot) then disregard almost everything in this particular post other than the tossing part. I still think they toss their balls of fire.

Tossing a pea with regular chopsticks is hard, tossing a flaming ball with two spears and a partner? Wow.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-07-07, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Challenges"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-07 AT 01:37 PM (EST)

Wow! Outstanding work there, Tribe!! Where have you been?! I guess everyone followed my Ep 3 SOTS thread and gave the wrong answers in your AVG game. Sorry about that. * runs and hides *

eta: Please remember, for those of us who take on the SOTS each week, we try to decipher through all of the vidcaps that are provided each week, plus read all of the threads and then try to put the "puzzle" together in a logical progression of events. Based on this, we make predictions as to who we think might be the RC/IC winners. Last week, as it happened, there were TONS of vidcaps -- even some from Ep. 4 -- and two very physical challenges! I tried my best without looking at any other sites' boot lists and, unfortunately, I struck out ... crashed & burned ... I really thought the Fei Longs would prevail in the physical challenges.

Lastly, Tribe, you are mistaken about the tossing in the IC, Tribe. Rather, as CTgirl mentions in post #4 above ... they must pick up the fireballs and put them in some type of trough that rolls them down to the firepots where a fuse is lit to launch the fireworks.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-07, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Challenges"
There is no need to apologize Scar. You still did a great job on the SOTS - and we all agreed with you! James's king of the hill pose ended up being misdirection, but there was no way to know that Courtney would be such a weakling! I think everyone appreciates all the work the SOTS person does even when they "crash and burn!"

10-07-07, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Challenges"
Absolutely, no need to apologize, Scar! Not only do the volunteers for the SOTS comb through what we have here at Blows, but also what the heavy hitters lead us to believe. We all know who the heavy hitters are, and they are the tried and true Spoilers from many, many years past.

Also, in the Blows assessment of the challenges last week, it was clearly debatable as to who would win the RC...I think that was a 50/50. I actually went with JW for the win and was right...as for the IC, clearly with the heavy spoilers from other boards in agreement, and nothing to refute it in the vidcaps, we made an educated guess and were wrong! AND I LOVE IT WHEN WE ARE WRONG! Thankfully it is NOT all laid out for us each week!

It just goes to show you that it's not always good to go with the group! And TRIBE, we need you here in spoilers, you have a gift, my friend! Actually, you have many gifts !!!

Don't be a stranger, stick around!

PS. We need to start reading everyone's posts....CT GIRL already has noted what you did, Scar, in post # 4, way up above!!!

10-08-07, 04:28 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Challenges"
OMH no apologies scarlett. I never once thought to blame you, ever. I ceratinly wasn't pointing fingers or trying to make you feel like you need to apologize for the SOTS.
If there was any decenting votes they should have been voiced in the replies. And there weren't any. Plus, missing Leslie's boot was very non-SOTS specific. Everyone at the other boards seemed to be getting it wrong last week as well.
Which is kind of suprising, as I was under the impression that those days were long gone.
In fact, I'm happy we got it wrong. It gives me the spark to start spoiling again.

Now, as to CTgirl's post.
Good to know. I glided over that information somehow and was trying to figure out why no one was seen running during the IC.
After looking at the images of the firebowls, you can definitely see some troughs hanging out in front of them.

However, it looks like the troughs are still about 20 feet (or more) away from the start line.
And unless the pairs are dropping their balls down a chute near the start line, which leads to the trough near the bowls, then they're gonna have to move to get their balls into the visible trough down at the other end.
The idea of having the pairs pick up a ball and just drop it into a trough, seems a little less dramatic then the use of giant chopsticks and a flaming ball would seem to ask for.
That's why I'm feeling like there has to be some sort of movement involved, either running or tossing.
The fact that the troughs visibly "start" near the bowls would seem to require some sort of activity other than just trying to pick up the ball...and then drop it.

I guess we'll see.

And just sos you know. I love ya'. I didn't mean to sound like I was baggin' your SOTS work. I wasn't. I wouldn't. I love this community and am soo proud of it's members. Every SOTS is an enormous undertaking, one of which I nary have that extra moment to do. And it's greatly appreciated that we have something for the community to go to as the "boardwide" source.
I was just making some notes and trying to add in my thoughts about the course of spoiling for this season. (And more specifically for this episode.)
I've always been a huge fan of the oldskool spoiling, through vidcaps and editing, and have been wrong way many more times than I have been right.
My biggest claims to fame were being one of very few who knew Zoe was going home (way back in season 4) and digging up confirmation on Janu being part of the Palau cast. Not a big deal. I've much more to be embarassed by, in my own life, than anything you've done.

And no biggie with the games. It's hilarious to see such carnage happen at this time when spoiling the boot list is being done by the host of survivor. It's difficult to make the games enjoyable for both those who do follow spoiling and for those that don't. Weeks like this re-affirm for me why I like hosting.

10-07-07, 09:45 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Challenges"
As per CTGirls post #4 up above...SEG pyrotechnician Simon Ross described this challenge on the TV Guide channel preview: "One of the challenges... involves picking up fireballs with chopsticks, putting them into a trough. It rolls down, falls into a wok filled with flash powder, which sets off a fuse, and then sets off fireworks." (from TDT). Also this challenge was filmed on the 4th of July -a nice mix of Chinese fireworks with the U.S. Independence Day.

So, Tribe....you definately need to come here more often...don't be questioning yourself, I think you had it right the first go round. As CTGirl notes up above, there will be no running or tossing with the fireball, simply(ha!) picking and putting!

Clearly the FeiLongs are ahead when we see the ZH pot starting to boil, so to speak. I am going with the FeiLong win at the IC as well, thanks to your great analysis.

Agree with the analysis on the "Art of War" RC as well. Could be anyone's win though, don't have to be big and a hulk to win that challenge, just adept at swinging balls....

10-08-07, 05:03 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Challenges"
So, Tribe....you definately need to come here more often...don't be questioning yourself, I think you had it right the first go round. As CTGirl notes up above, there will be no running or tossing with the fireball, simply(ha!) picking and putting!

GAH! and I couldn't even wait to make my assesments until after the 2nd set of promos started running.
Okay, I'll compromise. Pick up, shuffle down a little bit and then drop the fireballs into troughs.

I'm back to thinking it'll be one long challenge. With Denise/Aaron start for FL and PeihAnn/Sherea start for ZH. After they blow their fireworks. The next pair will start. It will come down to James/JR and Dave/Erik against each other for the climactic display and I'm believing again that the reaction shots of ZH are in response to FeiLong's immunity win. There. Done. *wipes hands*

TC for both tribes. Hmmm...Not a double boot. But a possible chance to sit in on the losers council meeting.
The idea of swapping information is a big plot point this season. So if they had this moment to glean some info, specially since the following episode is a swapping episode, I wouldn't be suprised.
But the mere mention of treemail stating that both tribes go to tribal council also sounds like a joke. Like it's meant to put the fear of a double boot in them, but they are relieved to find out it's just for the immunity challenge.

Nah, "listening in" sounds better. The winners get to listen in on the losers council meeting. (and perhaps enjoy a pu pu platter?)

RC? Still up in the air.
I'm off to check more images for camplife and see if we can't nail down the kinapee to figure it all out.

And just to let you know. I love you. I love your sister. I apologized to her for making her feel like she needed to aologize to me. She didn't need to. She did nothing wrong. I want you to know that I appreciate your sister and yourself for all you do here. I don't get in her all that often, but I want you to know that the work done here is top notch and usually right on. Mistakes only make us stronger. (They also spark something in me.)

10-08-07, 08:34 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Challenges"
Oh my dear Tribe...I just love having you around these parts! You bring such a joi de vive here! You always share the love, and we know it!!!

The idea of having the pairs pick up a ball and just drop it into a trough, seems a little less dramatic then the use of giant chopsticks and a flaming ball would seem to ask for.
That's why I'm feeling like there has to be some sort of movement involved, either running or tossing.

All of this talk about flaming balls, giant chopsticks, tossing and movement...sounds like something more appropriate for the losers to chew on over in the lodge...but you and your photoshop talents can work wonders in the challenge vidcap dissection section of this thread. I hope you will come regularly...makes me want to get in the game more this season. Oh, and your call on PG...PeiAnn...BBBRUUUHHHHAAAHHAAAAHHHAAAA

XXOXOXOX FloPo

10-07-07, 08:17 PM (EST)
14. "Promo Vidcaps..."
Thanks to Survivor Fever...

I think this is the first round...Denise and Todd vs. PG and Sherea...

HMMMM...Both Tribes....Tribal Council. It is sounding like the winners will get to sit in on the TC of the losers perhaps.

10-09-07, 07:16 AM (EST)
18. "We are getting bad...."
...so, THANK YOU to Survivor Phoenix...

The.Immunity. Idol. is. Sitting. Right. THERE!!!

D'oh! Guess that makes the RC the fireworks, which I think Fei Long clearly wins, and the IC the armored swing the rocks challenge and break the china urns the IC...could possibly be a Fei Long sweep...

mommy0f4 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-11-07, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mommy0f4 Click to send private message to mommy0f4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: We are getting bad...."
I still don't buy it. It just makes more sense to have the two tribes "go to tribal council" because that is where the immunity challenge is (at night.) The editors surely watch the spoilers and have to be gloating everytime they trick us like last week with the obvious shots of triumphant James. So I'm thinking that they lead both tribes to believe that there isn't going to be an immunity challenge because both tribes will be going to tribal council so please bring the idol back to the reward challenge. Tribes would then go "to tribal council" prepared to vote someone out and not prepared for a challenge. I haven't read the art of war, but I would think you would want to challenge someone when they least expect it. Plus it would be touching to have fireworks on the 4th of July. Did anyone do a calendar of approximately what day would be reward challenge, immunity challenge, merge, etc like I've seen in season's past? I'm going with the dragons winning IC. Maybe just cuz I'm stubborn and was born the year of the dragon. But whatever, that's my 2 cents worth for what it's worth (probably not much nowdays.)

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: We are getting bad...."
TDT has a calendar.

http://www.truedorktimes.com/survivor_china/calendar.htm

It changes as they add new spoiler/spec for upcoming eps.

Day 10 was July 4 according to the TDT calendar.

mommy0f4 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-11-07, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mommy0f4 Click to send private message to mommy0f4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: We are getting bad...."
Thanks for the link. I need to get some sleep. I'm not used to the tribe names yet and the initials, so I was thinking the above posts were saying that the yellow team won again, and I just didn't buy that. I get it now. And yup, looks like the great balls of fire is the reward challenge and we now know the reward is Chinese people teaching them how to fish, so cool. I'll go with a dragon win and look forward to seeing Dave or Sherea voted off. I take that back. I look forward to seeing crazy Dave voted off, I like Sherea but my feelings aren't gonna keep her around.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •