The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pompous and Circumstance"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-24-04, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pompous and Circumstance"
I know he's the star of the show, but The Donald is neither (a) the Pope; or (b) Queen Elizabeth II. I think the trumpet fanfare when he first appears to give the assignment is just a weeeeeeeee bit over the top.

Bet he tried to get permission to use "Hail to the Chief".

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pompous and Circumstance Estee 09-24-04 1
   RE: Pompous and Circumstance PyroStock 09-24-04 8
 RE: Pompous and Circumstance CantStandToLook 09-24-04 2
 RE: Pompous and Circumstance tachuan 09-24-04 3
 RE: Pompous and Circumstance LionChow 09-24-04 4
   RE: Pompous and Circumstance ginger 09-24-04 5
   RE: Pompous and Circumstance subman 09-24-04 14
 RE: Pompous and Circumstance ValenciaJoe 09-24-04 6
 RE: Pompous and Circumstance okaychatt 09-24-04 7
 RE: Pompous and Circumstance Bucky Katt 09-24-04 9
 RE: Pompous and Circumstance banzai 09-24-04 10
 RE: Pompous and Circumstance landruajm 09-24-04 11
 RE: Pompous and Circumstance Pepito 09-24-04 12
 RE: Pompous and Circumstance subman 09-24-04 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-04, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pompous and Circumstance"
Or 'Holy Holy Holy, Lord God Almighty.' I turned it into a Hawkeye 10 question 'cause I don't get it, either. What's next, a henchmen whose only purpose is to keep the red carpet roll in front of his feet?

PyroStock 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-24-04, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PyroStock Click to send private message to PyroStock Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pompous and Circumstance"
>Or 'Holy Holy Holy, Lord God
>Almighty.' I turned it
>into a Hawkeye 10 question
>'cause I don't get it,
>either. What's next, a
>henchmen whose only purpose is
>to keep the red carpet
>roll in front of his
>feet?

Yes, and the henchman must have a hunchback, wobble-walk, an odd name and respond to his requests with "Yez mazter." Add in an evil lair with a torture chamber (Ivana first) and the show is perfect.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-04, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pompous and Circumstance"
I'd been wondering about that fanfare myself. At first I thought maybe they added it in after the fact for the viewing audience..but I seem to remember last week some of the candidates jumping in shock when it sounded off as the Dumbell came down the escalator.

tachuan 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-24-04, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tachuan Click to send private message to tachuan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pompous and Circumstance"
Totally. I mostly like the music used in the show, but this was noticible too much. The background music should be just that, in the background.

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-24-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pompous and Circumstance"
I absolutely love, love, LOVE the trumpeting nonsense. Half the reason I watch this show is to see how often Trump pumps up his ego.

The horns are hysterical, please don't take them away!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-04, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pompous and Circumstance"
You have the Trump home game, don't you Lionchow?

BE The Donald.

subman 1546 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-24-04, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail subman Click to send private message to subman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Pompous and Circumstance"
It reminds me of a bad Three Stoodges short (oxymoron) where the stoodges enter the great hall dressed in 14th century English attire accompanied by the blare of trumpets.

ValenciaJoe 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-24-04, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValenciaJoe Click to send private message to ValenciaJoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Pompous and Circumstance"
When I first heard the trumpets, I turned to my wife and said that this totally reminds me of the fanfare for the "falcon twist" in Joe Schmo 2.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-24-04, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Pompous and Circumstance"
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-04 AT 04:37 PM (EST)

"trumpet fanfare "

It sounds like music for a gladiator making his entrance. Perhpas it's done tongue in cheek (at least on MB's part).

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-24-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Pompous and Circumstance"
I love the trumpets - I think the intent is for it to be over the top. It is almost as if the show is mocking Trump's own massive ego.

PS - Booooo. Hissssss.

"I have just discovered that this object I found is capable of scratching my back...I call it BACK SCRATCHER!"

banzai 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-24-04, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail banzai Click to send private message to banzai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Pompous and Circumstance"
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-04 AT 05:13 PM (EST)

that trumpet tune is the Ceasar entrance announcement.
I heard that tune in the movie "History of the World pt. 1" starring Mel Brooks. It's a parody movie.

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-04, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Pompous and Circumstance"
I almost peed my pants over that scene.

Best. Entrance. Ever.

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-24-04, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Pompous and Circumstance"
I understand that the trumpets were Melania's suggestion...

subman 1546 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-24-04, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail subman Click to send private message to subman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Pompous and Circumstance"
Ya thiiiink?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •