The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What happened to Homeless person's seizure footage?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-24-04, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What happened to Homeless person's seizure footage?"
According to this early SB spoiling article, a homeless woman was hired by one of the teams to cart toothpaste back and forth for $20, and ended up having a seizure. Carolyn was very upset about it, and was ready for some heads to roll. http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2579

Apparently it was all filmed, but surprise surprise none of it showed up in last night's episode. Which team had their event in Washington Square Park? If it was Apex, I wonder if Stacie J. had a part in hiring the homeless person, and this contributed to her firing (although it was all edited out). The only reason why I was thinking this is that when Trump is talking about Stacie J. in the Board room leading up to her firing, it sounded dubbed, and the camera was focused on Stacie J. Usually the camera is focused on Trump when he's talking. Also, the women's comments about Stacie's behavior seemed extremely exxagerated: "I've never been so scared in my life, it was frightening, etc.". This would make sense if they were talking about the homeless person's seizure, but not about Stacie J. just playing around with the 8 ball. Any thoughts?

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What happened to Homeless perso... tannl 09-24-04 1
   RE: What happened to Homeless perso... djandy 09-24-04 3
 RE: What happened to Homeless perso... TheMick 09-24-04 2
   Sig pic violation Bebo 09-24-04 5
 RE: Very interesting Sheila 09-24-04 4
 RE: What happened to Homeless perso... freakusmaximus 09-24-04 6
 Yep AyaK 09-25-04 7
   RE: Yep Sweater_Puffs 09-25-04 8
 boardroom ettiquette and editing Reba123 09-25-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tannl 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-24-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tannl Click to send private message to tannl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What happened to Homeless person's seizure footage?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-04 AT 01:23 PM (EST)

>>> Which team had their event in Washington Square Park?

The men's team had their even in Washington Square Park.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-24-04, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What happened to Homeless person's seizure footage?"
Oh well, there goes that theory. I still found it odd about the dubbing and camera on Stacie J. when Trump was listing his reasons for firing her, and the over-exaggeration of the women about how scared they were. I guess they saw an opportunity to get rid of Stacie J., but they shot their own credibility in the process. It seemed that Trump went to Jennifer M. to get the real scoop, and she's the only one who answered honestly by saying she was simply nervous.

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

TheMick 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-24-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheMick Click to send private message to TheMick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What happened to Homeless person's seizure footage?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-04 AT 01:31 PM (EST)

Believe the men's team was at Washington Square Park. They would have lost big time. The $1M give away was just too outrageous. The screw up was going over budget which the women of course blew.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-24-04, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Sig pic violation"
Reminder - per the community guidelines, sig pics are a maximum 60 pixels tall. Please resize the image or refrain from using it in future posts. Thanks.

Sheila 2069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-24-04, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheila Click to send private message to Sheila Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Very interesting"
Seeing Carolyn go off on them would have been worth the price of admission.

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-24-04, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What happened to Homeless person's seizure footage?"
Appex had their event in Union Square Park and Mosiac had theirs in Washington Square Park

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-25-04, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Yep"
Yeah, the men were the violators here. But I really think the footage got axed by sponsor pressure. Could you imagine how P&G would feel if Mike Piazza's endorsement for Crest was offset by a homeless woman saying "Crest, Crest, Crest" while rolling on the ground, then passing out and vomiting?

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-25-04, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Yep"
Well, if this really happened, then why doesn't ABC news do a story on it?

Reba123 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-25-04, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reba123 Click to send private message to Reba123 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "boardroom ettiquette and editing"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-04 AT 11:20 PM (EST)

Hi -- this is my first time posting here, though I've been lurking a bit this season.

Anyway, as for the Trump voiceover, the boardroom scene always seems to include a section where DT's voice is (clearly, audibly) dubbed in while the camera pans the faces of the contestants.

Not sure about this season, but as part of last season's formula they'd always have a DT dubbed voiceover about his feelings about their performances, while the camera pans across the faces of the contestants, then it picks back up with the regular diegetic sound for "you're fired." I seem to remember an interview with one player last season that explained the boardroom meetings actually took an hour or more, so it makes sense to me that a director would want to reduce a lengthy explaination to a shorter synopsis.

Incidentally, this was also the case when they got their assignments last season -- you would see Trump speak, with dubbed parts interspersed, explaining their assignment. This season it seems like they are trying to make the boardroom more of a sacred space -- e.g. no one goes in there to receive assignments anymore, just to put their neck on the block.

Also, w/r/t the seizure situation, I can understand why they didn't publicize their contestants' stupidity in endangering an ad hoc employee's life (probably not covered under their insurance -- also doesn't bode well for this new product placement deal) but I would have been really interested to see that footage too.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •