The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Glad I watched it twice"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-18-01, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Glad I watched it twice"
After I saw the re-broadcast of Episode 1, I have to say that my opinions of some of the contestants have changed.
First of all Clarence-OK, again I will say, that was a pretty stupid move. Just dumb. I really do think he was interested in helping Diane, but let's face it, he had himself in mind too. Was he sneaky? A little, I guess because he stammered when Ethan asked him if he hid the can. My only question is, would tossing the can away be considered littering?

Diane-just don't believe her entirely. Did she try to stop Clarence from eating? Why did she even eat if she thought what Clarence was doing is wrong? Also, what took her so long to say that she never wanted beans to the rest of the tribe. She didn't deny it until Clarence had said it for like the fourth time.

Tom-OK, now that I have seen it again, I think that perhaps alot of us really overreacted on Tom. I watched him very carefully, and the only thing that he said that really bothered me was "If I had a gun, I'd shoot ya." That may not have been racist, but that's an awfully violent thing to say. In fact, I withdraw any accusations I made about Tom being a bigot or a racist. Maybe in time we'll get to see more of what Tom really thinks, but I'm satisfied now with the exception of the "I'd shoot ya" comment that Clarence really did deserve the reaming he got. Also during the voting, I saw no eveidence that Tom put emphasis on Clarence's last name when he said it, although I do think it was dumb to vote for Clarence, unless it was purely strategic. Even Susan voted for Sonja.
I would like to make a public apology to Tom, and suggest that maybe we should review the episodes again before we make a rash opinion. The only reason I felt justified in saying so was because so many other people felt the same way I did, but I believe I didn't really get a good focus on it because it went by kinda fast, and my household can be distracting.

OK, just wanted to get that off my chest.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Glad I watched it twice ItzLisa 10-18-01 1
   RE: Glad I watched it twice Thrill Seeker 10-18-01 2
       RE: Glad I watched it twice Dalton 10-18-01 3
       RE: Glad I watched it twice Aplomb 10-19-01 4
 Beans, Guns and Rednecks AddieRacer 10-19-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-18-01, 06:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Glad I watched it twice"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-01 AT 09:25 AM (EST)

*Waves to Mitrelleum!*

I wish I could re-evaluate my first viewing like you did, but I totally missed it! It wasn't in our TV Guide (and like a dope, I didn't check the news listings here!) - when it wasn't on at 8 PM, then another no-show at 9 PM, I finally gave up. Never thought it would air as late as 10 PM!

I think it's very big of you to post a public apology about Tom like that! I still have only my first impression (not a good one, either) to go on since I missed it, but I totally admire you for what you posted here!

Edit 'cos I realized I misspelled Mitrelleum's name wrong! Sorry, buddy!

HI, SILAS!!!

Thrill Seeker 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-18-01, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thrill%20Seeker Click to send private message to Thrill%20Seeker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Glad I watched it twice"
Hey Tim Mueller,
Oops! I mean MITRELLEUM!
After seeing it a second time, I noticed some new things too.
When Tom said "I'll shake my way today", I can't see how anyone could perceive that as racist. It was obviously meant to dismiss the only contribution that Clarence had made to the tribe as being useless. It was just meant as a personal insult to Clarence. Tom was pretty hard on Clarence but he deserved it.
If somebody messes up in challenge, you need to forgive them and not hold a grudge. somebody who knowingly steals your food and lies about it deserves a grudge against them.
Also, was it Tom that said "If you were in the military, they would shoot you"? I thought it was a different voice like Lex.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-18-01, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Glad I watched it twice"
The reason I didn't get into the long debate about Tom/Clarence was because when *I* saw Ep. 1 --- my impression was that ALL or MOST of the Moron tribe while at the Watering Hole (leaving Diane/Clarence in camp) were discussing IN ADVANCE about Clarence "eating" some tribal supplies in their absence!!!

It was to me like they didn't "trust" either Clarence OR Diane in advance of anything happening. I mean Diane acted like she was at death's door...heck, I would have given her some food if she really needed it.

And, btw, I don't buy Diane's "story" that it was ALL Clarence eating the beans. Because when he got in deep trouble...THEN she announced she only took 2 little bites but she didn't really want or need them!! Bull!! And the smug SMILE on Diane's face had "Jerri/Kel and the Beef Jerky Trick" written all over it.

And let's all remember Diane's first S-3 bootee interviews are totally scripted by Mark Burnett.

Dalton

Aplomb 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-19-01, 04:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aplomb Click to send private message to Aplomb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Glad I watched it twice"

>Also, was it Tom that said
>"If you were in the
>military, they would shoot you"?
> I thought it was
>a different voice like Lex.

Ethan made the military comment. (Do men in the service really shoot each other over MREs? Any military folk out there?) The thing about Tom was that he then said, "I'd shoot ya and then I'd keep on shootin' ya." He also commented to Clarence about their first handshake and, if I'm not mistaken, referred to Clarence as "boy" - which is about as bad as it gets. (Let me just state that I'd have to review the first episode again to be POSITIVE about the 'boy' comment.)

A friend and I were discussing Clarence and agreed that it would almost be better (and more comical) if Clarence were completely unrepentant, like, "Yeah! I ate the beans! So what??!" Be bulky and strong and scare the hell outta everyone so that they wouldn't sleep at night. Plus he has that boogyman make-up on, so that's additionally scary. (I know it's twisted. Sue us.)

-Aplomb

AddieRacer 160 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-19-01, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AddieRacer Click to send private message to AddieRacer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Beans, Guns and Rednecks"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-01 AT 11:15 AM (EST)

>Tom-OK, now that I have seen
>it again, I think that
>perhaps alot of us really
>overreacted on Tom. I watched
>him very carefully, and the
>only thing that he said
>that really bothered me was
>"If I had a gun,
>I'd shoot ya."
>

I, too, have changed my opinion on Tom - but the other way. I was amazed at the "over-reaction" after the first EP. PC radar extends to all groups - including goat-farmers-with-Southern-accents. I thought all of the guys were pretty much in the bean attack. And Ethan did start the military stuff...

Ethan: If you did that in the army, you made a bad call in the army, you'd be kicked out of there so fast..

Tom: Hell, they'd shoot ya.

Ethan: They'd shoot you; you'd be code red.

Tom: I'd shoot ya, if I had a gun.

Then Sir Lex-I-Like-A-Lot came in with the voice of reason. His comments (before and after the above exchange) were not personal attacks but addressed the group dynamic.

Anyway, after watching EP1 a second time, what really got to me was Tom's bringing it up again at TC. THEN, in EP2, when Tom AGAIN voted for C.B....Enough! So to Tom I say: (1) Get over it. (2) Learn to spell Clarence's name. If Clarence gets voted off before Tom, Tom is going to have the write "That One" on his ballot.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •