The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-10-07, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-07 AT 10:04 PM (EST)

State of the Spoiling Episode 9

"Are we going to live on Exile Island!?!"

Previously on Survivor Fiji we had a most excellent SOTS written by the lovely Kircon. If you forgot who got booted or any of the details of the show, you would do well to go to bashers and read the episode summary "Dancing with the 'tards" as written by the ever snarky the magnificent Draco Malfoy.

Or, since I am not a pyschic, don't work for one, nor do I expect you to be, I could just remind you that it was Lisi that got booted. Why? Because she couldn't find a happy medium. (OK, I'll quit with the pyschic jokes, but if you want to see a few good barbs at Lisi and how stoopid she was, head on over to Bashers and see if she still has a job.)

Editing maestro extraordinaire Michel has brought us some insight into the mind of Lisi (a scary thought and an even scarier place to dwell) with last episodes insider. In this it is revealed that Lisi did know that the guys found the idol and that she was done like a Thanksgiving turkey at Easter. Who recruited her again?

The Clues:

This season has been particularly well spoiled by saavy Volcanic Glass of Survivor Phoenix who has treated us with some fun teasers, many of which relate to this episode. There is one very long thread that was started by the effervescent FlowerPower and it is pack full of information. Begin at post 103 written by the memorable Emydi and you will learn that:

Following her fire-making fame, Michelle makes her mark with something else that has only happened once before in Survivor History

Charismatic OFG points out in post 122 that there is no verb in the statement and so therefore this does not have to pertain directly to something that Michelle herself does, rather a matter of happenstance. We received a few more clues in the forms of pictures that the dynamic Forehead and memorable Emydi posted: A chinese symbol for "woman", a picture of a torch getting snuffed, and a picture of two galaxies on the path to merge with each other.

After much speculation and debate, I believe that the clues mean that Michelle will be the merge boot and this is only the second time in history that a woman has been booted at the merge, Gretchen was the first in Season One.

The Merge

VG also gave us a clue in graphic form indicating the merge tribe name (Bula), color (Purple), and who had made it:

Later on in that same thread down at post 195, venerable Vince3 brings us the latest VG hints which have to do with Shii Ann from Thailand. What does that have to do with anything? ASSUMPTIONS. In this case it will be a real merge, but the assumption is that the challenges will be individual when instead they are teams. This assumption can and will have a big impact on the eventual vote as tribe members from each side of various alliances try to get the majority in numbers based on a traditional individual immunity and 10 people voting scenario.

SeeBS Misdirection:

Brought to us by sensational Smokedog in this thread-

A shocking surprise crushes some tribemates and energizes others.

Merge camp is at the stripped of all luxury Moto camp. They merge on exile island and wonder if this is where they will live, but then get back to the old camp Moto and all luxury is gone. Mookie is disgusted that he doesn't get to live at the luxury camp.

A twist after the Immunity Challenge leaves tribemates with zero time to deliberate before Tribal Council. How will this affect the vote?

The tribe is split into two teams and the IC is run. The two "teams" were competing as a team and will go to tribal council as that unit, therefore affecting the voting strategy and screwing Michelle when she finds herself sans Earl, Yau-Man, and Cassandra.

One survivor questions their alliance when a coveted secret is impulsively revealed to them.

Mookie reveals to Dreamz that he found the hidden idol in order to keep him "loyal" since they don't want him re-joining with Cassandra. Mookie might spill this info when the tribes merge and before the IC since he "assumes" that the challenge will be individual and that all ten are going to be attending TC. Alex and Edgardo will not be happy about the idol being revealed.

And a couple of more teasers at the end of that thread added by benevolent Brownroach via venerable Vince3:

The remaining castaways merge into one tribe and find a major surprise waiting for them back at camp.

Confirmation of the merge, and the Moto camp will be stripped of luxury.

Mookie confesses to Dreamz that he's found the second Hidden Immunity Idol which angers Alex and Edguardo who worry that Dreamz may tell the others.

Confirmation of the previous teaser.

The Immunity Challenge:

We know that no individual will be exiled this week, because of the merge. There also will be no traditional reward challenge. We have vidcap evidence of the team selection process by means of grabbing either a green or orange rock, thanks to efferevescent FlowerPower:

The challenge teams: Earl, Yau-man, Boo, Cassandra, Edgardo vs. Alex, Dreamz, Michelle, Stacy, and Mookie.

The challenge requires trusting each other, gathering bags of puzzle pieces, and rowing the canoe. As hinted by VG, Yau-Man will once again be a challenge hero. His team will go back to camp and feast while the other five go directly to tribal council with no chance to deliberate.

Alex, Dreamz, Stacy, and Mookie all gang up on poor Michelle who is out on a limb without an allie or a hidden immunity idol to save her. You don't have to take my word for it, CBS has already spoiled it with this vidcap:

Recap:

RC: None
Exile: Everyone
IC: Earl, Yau-man, Boo, Cassandra, Edgardo
Boot: Michelle

The Future:

To get a feel for the long term players, you must take the time to read the excellent editing thread put together by sage VerucaSalt and contributed to by many people to make it one of the best reads of the season. Now that the jury is taking shape, who will each juror vote for in the final 3? Post your speculation here.

The season finale is scheduled for May 13th, thanks to capable KoalaChick for this information.

Please check out delightful Dabo's vote thread, make sure to cast your vote for this weeks boot. Also, be sure to check out spectacular Scarlett Ohara's thread for the Across the Board picks.

A shout out to WallFlower- be seeing you in a few months, and also to Krautboy who got me started writing these here SOTS

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... emydi 04-10-07 1
   RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... KObrien_fan 04-10-07 3
       RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... emydi 04-11-07 13
           RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... KObrien_fan 04-11-07 14
 RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... Brownroach 04-10-07 2
 RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... PepeLePew13 04-10-07 4
   RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... KObrien_fan 04-10-07 5
       Lisi lies lena_a_mermaid 04-11-07 10
 RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... Flowerpower 04-10-07 6
 RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... kircon 04-11-07 7
 RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... CTgirl 04-11-07 8
 RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... Wallflower66 04-11-07 9
 RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... michel 04-11-07 11
 RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... kingfish 04-11-07 12
 RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... KoalaChick 04-11-07 15
 RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... whoami 04-11-07 16
   RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... maryellennaco 04-11-07 17
       RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... KObrien_fan 04-11-07 18
           RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... kingfish 04-12-07 19
               RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... KObrien_fan 04-12-07 20
 RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episo... strid333 04-12-07 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-07, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
great sots my dear....

But you are too modest...you put all the merge stuff together..you were the straight man to my many theories...

04-10-07, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
I am a man? *boggle*

Survivor ASS trivia champion, Survivor 1-13 trivia champion

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-07, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-07 AT 03:36 PM (EST)

yeah you know...like you're Abbott to my Costello...

Who's on First?

that's what I asked you

No What's on Second?

I don't know....

04-11-07, 04:44 PM (EST)
14. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
I don't know....

He's on third...

I knew what you meant

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-07, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
Good work, KO!

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-07, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
Effusive KOB! Ebullient KOB! Efficient KOB! Great SOTS...

Maybe I`m a wise old cat along the lines of Lisi, but maybe I`m really missing something -- I searched the linked thread in the below paragraph and could not see where it was revealed that Lisi *did* know the guys found the idol.

>Editing maestro extraordinaire Michel has brought
>us some insight into the mind of Lisi (a scary
>thought and an even scarier place to dwell) with last
>episodes insider. In this it is revealed that Lisi
>did know that the guys found the idol and that
>she was done like a Thanksgiving turkey at Easter.

04-10-07, 09:05 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
Sorry to confuse you prodigious Pepe, I have done so much reading in the last week that that quote actually came from an early show interview not linked by Michel:

"Yeah, I heard them digging, how sound asleep can you be on a palm frond? I literally waited for them to finish until I could wake up."

lena_a_mermaid 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-11-07, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lena_a_mermaid Click to send private message to lena_a_mermaid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Lisi lies"
Although Lisi said that she knew they found the Idol on the Early Show, I don't beleive she was telling the truth. Or perhaps she was telling the truth according to the fantasy world of Lisi.

Of course she knew they found the Idol after she watched the episode as it aired on Thursday night on CBS, but did she know before? I don't think so.

She doesn't mention it in any of her after the boot interview that was filmed while she was still in Fiji. She talked about still looking for the Idol and her alliance with A & E in her interviews before she was voted off at Tribal Council.

Why would she not get up if she knew they were digging or if they found it? How did that benefit her?

I think she just wanted the Early Show audience to think she was smarter than she is and so she now says she knew about the idol after the fact, but at the time on the Island....I don't think so. Wishful thinking...maybe. A false memory implanted in her brain after she watched the episode air on CBS....Likely.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-07, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
Dear KO, nice to see an ole veteran show us all how it's done! Perfect SOTS! You are still on top of your game. Well done in the VG thread, BTW! You, OFG and emy really figured it all out! Thanks, as always,

Fp

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-11-07, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
*stands and applauds* Bravo! Way to Go! I need to learn to be fast like you. Thanks for making everything clear in the VG thread.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-07, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
Great job KO (and nice use of adjectives on the peeps!)

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-11-07, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
Kudos, KO! You sure have a knack for SOTS writing!

See you in July!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-07, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
Fantastic SOTS, KO. Even if last week's episode pointed to it, I couldn't figure out why Michelle? I see you guys had fun in that big SP thread! Thank you for putting it all together.

Thank you also for the compliment even if I'm not The maestro, just a helping hand having fun

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-07, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
Krafty and Kreative Katie O'Brien Fan!

I have to admit that all of those descriptions, the effervescent (thks for spellcheck) Flowerpower, spectacular Scarlett, the benevolent Brownroach, all of those descriptions tickled me.

Easy to tell when a veteran SOTser is doing this. The spoilers are well thought out and dead on IMO.

(Viccaps).

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-11-07, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
Great SOTS Kob, and thanks for the shout out!

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-11-07, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
Great SOTS KO, thanks.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-11-07, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
Fabulous, KO, just fabulous!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! YOU DA MAN!
You are, aren't you??

04-11-07, 11:26 PM (EST)
18. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
YOU DA MAN!
You are, aren't you??

Called a man twice in one day, but I swear I am an all american WOMAN

I have proof of this of course, but do I have to show off my oobies?

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-07, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
Yes.

04-12-07, 11:28 AM (EST)
20. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
Well then Guppy, you need to go to the Survivor party in Cocoa Beach in July to see them. Alcohol and oobies galore!

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-12-07, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S14 State of the Spoiling Episode 9"
Good SOTS

Three is the perfect number.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •