The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mormon Crickets"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-13-03, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mormon Crickets"
I think you have to consider it a good week when you get headlines about both Monkeypox and Mormon Crickets.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030613/ap_on_re_us/mormon_crickets_5

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Mormon Crickets snoocharoo 06-13-03 1
   RE: Mormon Crickets nailbone 06-13-03 2
       RE: Mormon Crickets snoocharoo 06-13-03 4
 RE: Mormon Crickets SurvivaBear 06-13-03 3
 RE: Mormon Crickets Schnookie Palookie 06-13-03 5
   RE: Mormon Crickets snoocharoo 06-13-03 6
       RE: Mormon Crickets nailbone 06-13-03 7
       RE: Mormon Crickets Schnookie Palookie 06-13-03 9
   RE: Mormon Crickets SurvivaBear 06-13-03 8
       RE: Mormon Crickets mistofleas 06-13-03 10
           RE: Mormon Crickets SurvivaBear 06-13-03 12
 RE: Mormon Crickets cqvenus 06-13-03 11
   RE: Mormon Crickets SurvivaBear 06-13-03 13
   Suck-adas FesterFan1 06-13-03 14
       hate them cqvenus 06-13-03 15
           RE: hate them snoocharoo 06-13-03 20
   RE: Mormon Crickets mistofleas 06-13-03 16
       RE: Mormon Crickets cqvenus 06-13-03 17
           RE: Mormon Crickets mistofleas 06-13-03 18
               RE: Mormon Crickets cqvenus 06-13-03 21
           RE: Mormon Crickets Silvergirl1 06-13-03 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-13-03, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
Dweez I saw the same headline on Yahoo and thought to myself..."damn those CLS people will recruit ANYTHING".

"A man walks up to a strange beast in the dessert, and sees that the beast is eating its own heart. He says, "Friend, why are you eating your heart?" The beast replies, "I eat it because it is my heart and it is bitter"

- Stephen Crane

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-03, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
Picturing crickets in white short sleeve shirts and dark pants, riding bikes...

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS)

06-13-03, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
little cricket lapel pins that say WWJCD and little tracts of the book of JC of Latter Day Saints. They can have little polygymous marriages and live in Utah. No drinking!!!

"A man walks up to a strange beast in the dessert, and sees that the beast is eating its own heart. He says, "Friend, why are you eating your heart?" The beast replies, "I eat it because it is my heart and it is bitter"

- Stephen Crane

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-13-03, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
We all need to pray for gulls!

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, © 2002

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-03, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
I wondered why they were called Mormon crickets. Interesting. I'd be totally freaked out if I saw them. I have a major fear of crickets.

*practicing the pooh-teen polka for the prom*

06-13-03, 03:16 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
"I have a major fear of crickets."

LOL...and I'm the one with emotional issues.

- Stephen Crane

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-03, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Mormon Crickets"

See, Snooch, it can always be worse.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS)

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-03, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
Heh, that's just the tip of the iceberg LOL

*practicing the pooh-teen polka for the prom*

06-13-03, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
And I have a major fear of Mormons.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-03, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
Can you believe I was christaned in the Mormon church?

Is it any wonder I became a witch?

--cackles in true witchy pooh form

06-13-03, 03:25 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
Are Mormons slick when you smoosh 'em!

I am just kiddin' folks! An IceCat Original, © 2002

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-03, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
FTR, polygamy has not been practiced for hundreds of years.

that cleared up, this story reminds me of the summer a few years ago in my region of the world when the 17-yr cicadas came out again. it was awful. they buzzed/hummed in the trees 24/7. it was like a bad horror movie. they would randomly fall out of trees and land and try to fertilize people. and they were dead all over the ground, smashed everywhere. and they smelled.

this is what they look like:

~ cq

definitely glad they're gone...

- na-ah-sty!

06-13-03, 03:28 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
FTR, polygamy has not been practiced for hundreds of years.

Except on the OT Board.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-03, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Suck-adas"
Thanks for reminding me. The 17-year cicadas are due to return next year. And I thought this Spring sucked.

Fester <-- has somehow angered the Gods

06-13-03, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "hate them"
*shudder*

just thinking about how horribly terribly nasty they were gives me the heebie jeebies!

i'll move or go on a long vacation next time around. it was all too traumatic.

~ cq

06-13-03, 03:45 PM (EST)
20. "RE: hate them"
I like em...one year me and hip hop spotted one off the side of the maple tree in our yard. It died at some point and left a perfectly intact carcass on the tree, we kept it and hip hop took it to shool for show and tell.

The chirping and whiring sound that crickets make are like a lullabye to me. I love in the summer going to bed with all the windows open and listening to the crickets, ciccadia's and bullfrogs making their courtship calls.

- Stephen Crane

06-13-03, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
Sure it is. There are hundreds of couple practicing it as we type.

Just because it's not legal doesn't mean it's not happening.

06-13-03, 03:35 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
*sigh*

okay, to be more clear, it hasn't been legal or encouraged by the mormon religion for hundreds of years.

~ cq

06-13-03, 03:43 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
Yes, you are correct. It was outlawed by the church in 1890.

But listen, why the *sigh* like you were misunderstood or something?

You said: "FTR, polygamy has not been practiced for hundreds of years."

With my reply: "Sure it is. There are hundreds of couple practicing it as we type.
Just because it's not legal doesn't mean it's not happening."

...I was merely pointing out the it is still being practiced.

There is a difference and I think it's important to have correct information. No biggie.

06-13-03, 04:16 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Mormon Crickets"
you're totally right. an hour ago, i read it, and thought you were being petty, but now i've re-read it, and you were only being anal-retentive. kidding! seriously, i have decided that it was more better to be more clearerer. i can edit out my sigh if you want...

~ cq

- not here to annoy

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-03, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Mormon Crickets"

The official Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints stopped the practice of polygamy in 1890, which is 113 years ago.

There are break off groups and others who still practice it. People still tease the church about it, though.

Silvergirl

Transportation made possible by Ice Cat creations.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •