The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tribe Swap Mechanics Speculation"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-07, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tribe Swap Mechanics Speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-07 AT 09:46 AM (EST)

We know that the tribe swap occurs in the next episode. Here is my version of how the tribes end up the way they do. We know that Earl and Edgardo ar ethe erstwhile pickers. I think Jeff will start them off by choosing someone from the opposite tribe first. Whatever mechanism for who chooses first, I think Edgardo wins that right.

Choices to pick from:

Moto: Cassandra, Dre, Boo, Alex, Lisi, Stacy,
Ravu- Yau-Man, James, Michelle, Mookie, Anthony

Edgardo chooses Mookie (strongest male from opposing tribe)

Earl chooses Boo (for same reason)

Edgardo chooses Alex (alliance mate)

Earl chooses Yau Man (alliance mate due to HII- they haven't found it yet)

Edgardo chooses Rocky (next strong male from opposite tribe)

Earl chooses Cassandra (he'd rather have someone he can trust)

Edgardo chooses Dre (shocked he is still available)

Earl chooses Michelle (alliance mate)

Edgardo chooses Anthony (again can't believe a man still available)

Earl chooses Stacy (bonded with her better than Lisi pre-split)

Final new tribes:

NuMoto: Earl, Michelle, Yau-Man , Cassandra, Stacy, Boo

NuRavu: Edgardo, Dre, Alex, James, Mookie, Anthony

Lisi goes to exile island and will join NuRavu after the next TC.

On paper, NuRavu should kick butt, we know of course that they don't.

Thoughts?

Survivor ASS trivia champion, Survivor 1-13 trivia champion

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tribe Swap Mechanics Speculatio... emydi 03-08-07 1
   RE: Tribe Swap Mechanics Speculatio... KObrien_fan 03-08-07 2
       RE: Tribe Swap Mechanics Speculatio... Brownroach 03-08-07 3
       RE: Tribe Swap Mechanics Speculatio... emydi 03-08-07 4
           RE: Tribe Swap Mechanics Speculatio... KObrien_fan 03-08-07 5
               RE: Tribe Swap Mechanics Speculatio... Flowerpower 03-08-07 6
 After further review KObrien_fan 03-09-07 7
   RE: After further review Scarlett O Hara 03-09-07 8
       RE: After further review KObrien_fan 03-09-07 9
           RE: After further review Brownroach 03-09-07 10
           RE: After further review vince3 03-09-07 11
               RE: After further review Brownroach 03-09-07 12
               RE: After further review KObrien_fan 03-09-07 13
 Confirmed! KObrien_fan 03-09-07 14
   RE: Confirmed! coolbluepig 03-10-07 15
       RE: Confirmed! KObrien_fan 03-10-07 16
   RE: Confirmed! emydi 03-16-07 17
       RE: Confirmed! Brownroach 03-16-07 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tribe Swap Mechanics Speculation"
I think you are right on...I can't believe these tribes...NuRavu is all male and then NuMoto continues to win!!

I think just the first person they pick has to be from opp. tribe.

03-08-07, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tribe Swap Mechanics Speculation"
I think just the first person they pick has to be from opp. tribe.

If that is the case then, why does it come out perfect 3 from each tribe on the new tribes? Also, since Lisi is part of the Moto alliance, why wouldn't Edgardo pick her instead of say Anthony?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tribe Swap Mechanics Speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-07 AT 10:33 AM (EST)

I think you're right, KO, they will have to alternate. Your sequence looks good.

Since the boys and girls are going to be at odds on Moto this week, that would explain why Edgardo would pick Dre over either Stacy or Lisi, and Lisi then getting left out in the cold.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

03-08-07, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tribe Swap Mechanics Speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-07 AT 12:00 PM (EST)

oops you are right....and I think you are right on on your order too

Query...how are the Erstwhile captains chosen?

03-08-07, 12:36 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Tribe Swap Mechanics Speculation"
I'm not sure, maybe Jeff asks for one volunteer from each tribe and then they choose colored stones to see who picks first, or maybe they step onto a disk and whoever has the buff underneath is the chooser. But thanks to VG we do know that it is Earl and Edgardo as the pickers.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tribe Swap Mechanics Speculation"
I think you've cracked the case, KO! Well done, sounds great to me!

one nation, under Romber...

03-09-07, 07:17 AM (EST)
7. "After further review"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-07 AT 07:25 AM (EST)

After watching the previews, it looks like Edgardo and Earl are the starting pickers but then it goes to the next player picked in a chain pickem. It does appear that they have to alternate between picking someone from the opposite tribe and someone from the same tribe.

The vidcaps show that Mookie indeed is Ed's first pick, and we know that later when Rocky picks Dre, Yau Man and Anthony are still standing in line to be picked.

My best guess as to the selection order:

Moto: Cassandra, Dre, Boo, Alex, Lisi, Stacy,
Ravu- Yau-Man, James, Michelle, Mookie, Anthony

Edgardo chooses Mookie (strongest male from opposing tribe)

Earl chooses Boo (for same reason)

Mookie chooses Alex

Boo chooses Michelle

Alex chooses Rocky

Michelle chooses Cassandra

Rocky chooses Dre

Cassandra chooses Yau Man

Dre chooses Anthony

Yau Man chooses Stacy

Final new tribes:

The only pick that seems wierd to me is the pick of Michelle by Boo, except that we know why he doesn't choose Rocky, he might not like Anthony and Michelle makes more sense than Yau Man. All the others make sense in the order selected.

What do you think?

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-09-07, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: After further review"

What do you think?

It makes no sense to me why one tribe would pick three women and the old guy, IF they want to stay in the game and win challenges? It seems way too lopsided!

Now ... which tribe gets the Club Moto Camp? Earl's tribe?

One nation, under Romber...

03-09-07, 09:45 AM (EST)
9. "RE: After further review"
Earl's tribe gets the green buff and the Moto camp, Edgardo pulls the orange buff much to Rocky's chagrin.

I think the people picking (as we have seen before) will have a reason for selecting, one tribe goes for raw strength (perceived) and not so much for peace and ability to bond. The other tribe goes for the ability to bond and the inner strengths of the people.

On paper Ulong looked younger and stronger yet got beat by the older wiser Koror tribe. After getting rid of their own drama queens, the older Chuay Ghan bested the younger more drama prone Sook Jai. Chapera on paper was weaker than Moto Moto or Saboga, yet they bonded so well and came together at challenges. A tribe with less drama (and in this case less drama and better food/water/sleep/shelter) has a better chance to work as a unit.

When in the heat of the picking you pick who looks to be the best option. For Edgardo his first choice is easy, Mookie is the strongest guy on the opposite tribe. Earl, same thing has an easy choice in Boo. Mookie chooses Alex, another strong guy. Boo could choose Rocky or Anthony but doesn't like what he has seen at the challenges, Michelle may be small but she is a tiger and he remembers how helpful she was with the shelter and pleasant to get along with, his only other option is Yau Man and he doesn't think he is strong enough. Alex chooses Rocky, again thinking of the strength and not the drama.

Michelle chooses Cassandra because as everyone who has been booted from the game has said, she is very well liked among the players, and at this point Michelle can only choose a woman as all the Moto men have been taken. Plus, Cassandra has been decent in challenges.

Now Rocky chooses Dre, because even though they don't get along, Rocky wants the brute strength. Cassandra chooses Yau Man because she bonded with him at the beginning and knows he is a native to the area and very useful. Dre makes his final selection which is made for him, he must choose Anthony.

Yau Man has the final pick and must choose between Lisi and Stacy. It will come down to who he bonded with prior to the tribe selection, and also I think he is sharp enough to see that Stacy is better than Lisi at challenges.

Lisi is left out and sent to exile.

03-09-07, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: After further review"
Michelle may be small but she is a tiger and he remembers how helpful she was with the shelter and pleasant to get along with

It was also brought up in front of everyone at the subsequent challenge that Michelle had been able to start a fire at Ravu without a flint. That may have left an impression of Michelle as a resourceful person.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-07, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: After further review"
Michelle chooses Cassandra because as everyone who has been booted from the game has said, she is very well liked among the players, and at this point Michelle can only choose a woman as all the Moto men have been taken

and Dre is......?

Adricharlie's still not bitter, is she? Nah.....

03-09-07, 12:42 PM (EST)
12. "RE: After further review"
....not a woman.

Michelle would probably pick any woman, just because all the women have been voted out of her current tribe (she didn't vote for Rita). I think her first priority would be to make sure another woman gets on her tribe.

03-09-07, 01:17 PM (EST)
13. "RE: After further review"
My bad Vince, Dre is certainly a guy, when I was making my comments I accidently had Dre picked by Rocky first then put it in the correct order, but had already made the comment on Michelle.

I still think it makes sense (in her mind) for her to pass on drama Dre and pick Cassandra.

03-09-07, 07:37 PM (EST)
14. "Confirmed!"
VG posted this today on Phoenix:

NEW TRIBE SELECTIONS:
new MOTO: Earl -> Boo -> Michelle-> Cassandra -> Yau-Man -> Stacy
new RAVU: Edgardo -> Mookie -> Alex -> James -> Dre -> Anthony
Exiled: Lisi

Looks familiar...Woot!

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-10-07, 05:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbluepig Click to send private message to coolbluepig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Confirmed!"
will LISI be exempt from TC?

Co0L 3luE P1g: OINK OINK...

03-10-07, 06:52 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Confirmed!"
Yes, she will join the losing tribe after TC same as Sylvia did after the first episode.

03-16-07, 01:56 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Confirmed!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-07 AT 01:57 PM (EST)

whoops...I forgot it goes Moto/Ravu/Moto

So even if Earl got first pick he would have been stuck with choice btw Stacy and Lisi bc he last picked YauMan. Then Lisi is forced? to go to Exile bc Edgardo has to pick a Ravu? Or does he just pick Anthony over Lisi?

03-16-07, 02:21 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Confirmed!"
Actually it looks like Earl and Edgardo just start things off and then each person picks the next one. I assume Dre has to take Anthony as the last remaining Ravu. It's preordained that someone from old Moto would go to EI since they have one extra person.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •