The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Weird Obsessions"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-12-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Weird Obsessions"
I mean, everybody has their regular obsessions (chocolate, OT, cats, books, Datashark, etc.)
What I want to know is what your weirdobsessions are. And I know you have them. Oh, yes you do.

Mine, in no particular order, are:

1. Diana Gabaldon`s Outlander series.
I don`t even want to talk about them with anyone else.. they`re like my own private little world. Shh!

2. Kilts.
This actually predates my Outlander obsession, but the books didn`t make it any less. DH didn`t even really want me to go to Scotland for a conference three years ago.

3. Monsters
I always think there is a monster behind me when I`m walking up stairs in the dark or jumping into bed. Don`t ask me why.

Many of you may not have wanted to know these things.

Slutbag!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Weird Obsessions moonbaby 06-12-03 1
   RE: Weird Obsessions thndrkttn 06-12-03 2
       RE: Weird Obsessions moonbaby 06-12-03 4
       RE: Weird Obsessions jeremythegreat 06-13-03 13
 RE: Weird Obsessions cqvenus 06-12-03 3
 RE: Weird Obsessions Schnookie Palookie 06-12-03 5
   RE: Weird Obsessions SaphireLady 06-13-03 14
   RE: Weird Obsessions Penelope Le Pew 06-13-03 18
 RE: Weird Obsessions mistofleas 06-12-03 6
 I'm an Obsession?! DataShark 06-12-03 7
 RE: Weird Obsessions L82LIFE 06-12-03 8
   RE: Weird Obsessions minitroll 06-12-03 9
   RE: Weird Obsessions moonbaby 06-13-03 25
 RE: Weird Obsessions tjstein 06-12-03 10
 RE: Weird Obsessions PhoenixMons 06-12-03 11
 RE: Weird Obsessions Swami 06-12-03 12
   RE: Weird Obsessions SaphireLady 06-13-03 15
   RE: Weird Obsessions Coconut 06-13-03 16
       RE: Weird Obsessions Schnookie Palookie 06-13-03 17
           RE: Weird Obsessions Coconut 06-13-03 19
       HAPPY 500 COCONUT!!!!! Swami 06-13-03 20
           RE: HAPPY 500 COCONUT!!!!! DataShark 06-13-03 21
               mmmmm....datashark Coconut 06-13-03 22
                   You Sweet! DataShark 06-13-03 23
                       like maple syrup, dahling. Coconut 06-13-03 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-03, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
#3....I am so with you there...still waiting for a cold clammy hand to grab my ankles when I get into bed But the stairsmonster only chases me when I'm running up the basement steps!

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-12-03, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
"But the stairsmonster only chases me when I'm running up the basement steps!"

OMH! I have been there many a time, literally shreiking by the time I reached the top of the stairs and then slamming the door in it's face.

Amazing that the childhood fears never fully go away.

-still has to close the closet doors when sleeping so the closet monster doesn't get her in the middle of the night.

06-12-03, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
Aaaah! The closet monster! I make sure the closet is closed too! Let's hope if it really IS in there it would be this guy:

jeremythegreat 1065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-13-03, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jeremythegreat Click to send private message to jeremythegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
Of course these childhood fears never leave...think about it, when you are like 8 you get to watch movies like Nightmare on Elm St. and such. When I take a bath I try not to keep my eyes shut too long because there might be someone in there. (Psycho and that scene from Nightmare on.. when the chick is taking a bath and falls through the tub).

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-03, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
LAST EDITED ON 06-12-03 AT 04:26 PM (EST)

oh thank goodness i'm not the only grown woman who still runs through her bedroom after she turns the lights out and dive rolls onto the bed lest the monsters grab her in the dark.

i also have to sleep with my closet door open because the clothes inside walk around and talk to me if the door's open.

whenever i'm home alone at night, i spend 99% of the time snapping my head to see if my peripheral vision just saw an intruder, burglar, rapist, monster, ghost, alien, or whatever else, and the other 1% of the time telling myself i'm an adult and i'm being ridiculous.

~ cq

*edited for poor spelling*

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-03, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
Ditto to #3. Also, if I'm in a lake, I think there's a creature at the bottom so I swim like heck to get out.

*also obsessed with slutbags disquised as kittyloaf*

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-13-03, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
OOOhhhh I can't stand the feel of seaweed on my body, anywhere, always think it is a snake or eel or something. Shuddering just thinking about it.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

Penelope Le Pew 2031 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-13-03, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to send private message to Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
Oh i know that feeling! even dead body on the bottom of the lake! ack!
I hate to touch the bottom of the lake and should buy a pair of water shoes.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-03, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
Ya'll are freaks.

I am obsession free.

--superior since 1964

DataShark 1395 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-12-03, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DataShark Click to send private message to DataShark Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I'm an Obsession?!"
That is a step up from my usual "irritant".. Right?

--Missing way too much OT cuz of work

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-03, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
Mine is really close to #3.

When I'm home at night, and I get up for a drink or something, I can't look out a window. Because I just know that I'm going to see somebody staring back at me. So, I race back through the house to my bedroom where I'm safe because I always keeps those blinds closed (don't want to scare the neighbors.LOL).

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-12-03, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
"I can't look out a window. Because I just know that I'm going to see somebody staring back at me."

OMH, just like in Stephen King's Salem's Lot, where the vampires hung outside the windows staring in at people to get them to invite them in. I couldn't look out a window at night for months thanks to that book. *shudder*

06-13-03, 02:16 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
L8! I didn't see this before! First let me assure you that I am a fully functional lunatic The face in the dark peering through the blinds is actually new to me. I used to live on the second floor so it was never something I thought about. But you better believe that since I moved to the first floor it IS a very very creepy thought indeed! I thank my cousin for these little "eeks." He used to hide and jump out at me all the time. His bedroom was across the driveway from mine and he also used to make ghost sounds out his window to scare me. Who needed an older brother? We had him!

tjstein 1960 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-12-03, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tjstein Click to send private message to tjstein Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
My obsessions include...

Harry Potter Fanfic
erasure
Knitting
OT

going back to my corner now

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-12-03, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
LAST EDITED ON 06-12-03 AT 06:15 PM (EST)

1. noise - or should I say lack of silence - I MUST have some form of sound going at all times or I start to think about scary "what if" stuff...night times are fun because dh hates noise at night and I can't sleep without it (literally, I will lie in bed for 1-2 hours just thinking about stuff if there's no noise...even just TV volume on 1 (or on my OLD TV mute...my mute is like about 2 on a regular TV, LOL)

2. mixing nailpolish - I can't seem to ever wear the color I buy...it first must be mised with another color (or maybe 20). Don't know why. I do have about 5 colors that I've kept as mix-virgins because they look great as is...but most of my polishes in the end, turn out looking very similar just slightly different variations

3. pictures - I have probably taken 1500+ pictures over the past 22 months (since my daughter was born) - now I've always loved pictures, but I take a LOT of my little cutie...I can't help it!

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-03, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
First, a comment on your obsessions:

Stay away from Jamie. I love him more.

2. Kilts.
Yeah, I like 'em too, especially knowing that there's nothing on underneath the plaid. Doesn't Sean Connery look fine in a kilt? He may be too old for you, but he is on "the List" for lots & lots of peeps at SB.

3. Monsters.
Nope. I am over monsters.

Now my obsessions:

1. StarGate SG-1 I am obsessed with the TV show StarGate SG-1. on the SciFi channel. I watch it whenever it is on (Monday night reruns no matter how many times I have seen them.) The new season starts tomorrow night (yay!!!!!) I am totally infatuated with Christopher Judge, who plays Teal'c and have my own little fantasy world with him.

2. Flower Gardens. I just can't stop expanding them & creating more. They probably total about a half acre now. Nobody can pick any flowers (not even me) because, well, I don't know why but they just can't!

I think my other obsessions are more mainstream, so I'll quit with just these two.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-13-03, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
I love Stargate, yep every monday night I am watching those 4 shows. Friday night, don't forget that there will be two new episodes.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

06-13-03, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
Stay away from Jamie. I love him more.

No, you don't.

And Sean Connery is old enough to be my grandfather, but he is still on the list.

Nobody noticed that the real reason for my thread is that I just turned 500.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-03, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
500 already? You might beat out Dweezil & SOL as fastest DAW's.

Congrats Coco! We love having you here with us.
*hugs*

*practicing the pooh-teen polka for the prom*

06-13-03, 10:52 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Weird Obsessions"
pooh-teen polka *lol*

Nice accordion, Schnookie!

thank you!

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "HAPPY 500 COCONUT!!!!!"
Nobody noticed that the real reason for my thread is that I just turned 500.

Ooooops! Sorry CocoNut. I confess I am a totally self-involved DAW, but still--I shouldn't have missed that.

In your honor, I will bring out the dancing congarats...

06-13-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DataShark Click to send private message to DataShark Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: HAPPY 500 COCONUT!!!!!"
Wow 500 already!

Ya blew my doors off when ya passed me.

06-13-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
22. "mmmmm....datashark"
but I .heart. you so much that it doesn't matter, does it?

love the rats, Swami!

06-13-03, 11:52 AM (EST)
23. "You Sweet!"

--So happy to finally be around for his stalking

06-13-03, 11:58 AM (EST)
24. "like maple syrup, dahling."
I'm having a serious dilemma here, mah dear. I want so much to stalk you, but I also don't want to bump my own thread. Would you like to carry on this conversation/stalking by hijacking somebody else's thread?

kiss kiss

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •