The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"E6 summary in zap2it"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-20-01, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"E6 summary in zap2it"
What does this mean (if anything)? Has anyone seen the TVGuide summary?

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/networkupdate.html?15749

"Trial By Fire"

A stunning turn of events leaves the tribes in emotional turmoil, on "Survivor: The Australian Outback," Thursday, March 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

With three days to go before the merge, one tribe is feeling very cocky while the other tribe feels somewhat vulnerable. With the dynamics of the game about to change, a jaw-dropping incident shakes the confidence of the remaining members. And, a sixth member is voted out of the tribe.

*****I don't want to read too much into this, but... would you be "feeling very cocky" if you'd just lost an IC and the other tribe could achieve parity with you with another win? Would you be "feeling somewhat vulnerable" if you were the tribe seeking parity, coming off an IC win? This language seems more in keeping with a 7-4 Kucha edge instead of a 6-5 edge.

Thoughts, please!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: E6 summary in zap2it SurvivorBlows 02-20-01 1
 RE: E6 summary in zap2it Sphonk 02-20-01 2
   RE: E6 summary in zap2it vviCKed 02-20-01 3
       RE: E6 summary in zap2it nopants 02-20-01 5
       Mike's hands/challenges Siebured 02-21-01 10
           Detroit News article AyatollahKhomeini 02-21-01 13
   From CBS AyatollahKhomeini 02-20-01 4
 Colby and the death adder? AyatollahKhomeini 02-20-01 6
   RE: Colby and the death adder? Lisapooh 02-21-01 8
 RE: E6 summary in zap2it Siebured 02-21-01 7
   RE: E6 summary in zap2it MountainSurvivor 02-21-01 11
       Controlled burns Siebured 02-21-01 15
 RE: E6 summary in zap2it Minstrel 02-21-01 9
 thoughts? (if anything) colbysincharge 02-21-01 12
 Giant stinging tree? AyatollahKhomeini 02-21-01 14
   Mike's hands/ fire vviCKed 02-21-01 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-20-01, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: E6 summary in zap2it"
I agree AK, if Ogakor has 5 and Kucha has 6 going into this, I'm not sure Kucha would be "very cocky"

...but Ogakor would fit the "somewhat vunerable" description.

Maybe Kucha is cocky because of the food situation???

The jaw-dropping incident could be Jerri going in the Ep 6 vote... that definitely might shake Amber, Tina, Colby and Keith's confidence going into the merger.

...only problem is that they imply that the TC vote and the "jaw-dropping incident" are not one and the same.

Sphonk 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-20-01, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sphonk Click to send private message to Sphonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: E6 summary in zap2it"
I agree. If Okagor wins immunity this week and makes it 6-5, I don't think either tribe would be cocky. If Kucha wins reward and immunity this week, then obviously they would be cocky.

Perhaps it is right that they merge 6-4, but we're wrong that Kucha loses and then Okagor loses. Perhaps Okagor goes ahead and loses the 4th in a row. Then perhaps the shocking event is that one of Kucha gets sick (trichinosis anyone?) and asks to be voted out.

or

Kucha loses this week and they vote out the person who they think has been holding them back (Rodger?) and thus are very confident heading into the last challenge before the merge? Seems highly unlikely though. I wouldn't be cocky after losing.

or

They haven't seen the episode and are writing that based on false info or speculation? Where did they get that writeup? Surely they haven't seen the episode yet. Did CBS write it for them?

I must say, I can't wait to see Ep5 and the preview for 6.

vviCKed 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-20-01, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vviCKed Click to send private message to vviCKed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: E6 summary in zap2it"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-01 AT 09:43 PM (EST)

Trial by fire = Mike burns hands?

Okagor might lose IC. Think about it, Kimmi and Alicia is the main highlight of the preview. Most people are going to put stock in either of them being tosseed.. it could be Keith, Jerri or Ambore that's going.

nopants 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-20-01, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nopants Click to send private message to nopants Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: E6 summary in zap2it"
>LAST EDITED ON 02-20-01
>AT 09:43 PM (EST)

>
>Trial by fire = Mike burns
>hands?

I totally agree

Siebured 83 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-01, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Siebured Click to send private message to Siebured Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Mike's hands/challenges"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-01 AT 09:12 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-21-01 AT 08:48 AM (EST)

It's a possibility he burns his hands in E6. But, here are the listed challenges.
(data gathered from SurvivorFever spoiler page)

E5 Reward - Triage
E5 Immunity - Maze

E6 Reward - Blind leading blind
E6 Immunity - Obstacle course

There are photos of the obstacle course on the page, and there are no fires visible. We don't have a clue as to what the blind leading the blind challenge is.

If Mike burns his hands on IC day (Nov 9), and his hands are still bandaged when he returns, (approx. Dec 9), Then that is 4 weeks of bandages. I know absolutely nothing about healthcare, so I'll ask you all, what could happen in the course of normal events to injure him so severely?

Edited to add the following info from The Detroit Free Press:

"Hmmm, last week's episode aired clips of a brush fire approaching the castaway camps. But friends who were at Skupin's Super Bowl kickoff party for "Survivor II" in Birmingham say they didn't notice any burns."

http://www.freep.com/entertainment/tvandradio/surv21_20010221.htm

There is also another article that Skupin went on medical leave from work to go on survivor. Maybe he bandaged his hands to perpetuate the myth?

Exerpt from Detroit News:

Michael Skupin was on medical leave last week when his boss saw that Michael Skupin had been cavorting through the Australian Outback for Survivor II.
"Harrumph," said the boss. "He fakes going in for an operation so he can go on Survivor."

http://detnews.com/2001/metro/0101/05/a02-171983.htm

BTW AK, this is a great clue. Thanks for posting it.

02-21-01, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Detroit News article"
The Detroit News article at the last link refers to a different Michael Skupin. It says that there are 5 Michael Skupins in the Detroit metro area of Czech ancestry (Skupin means "large family" in Czech). So the medical leave is no help.

But the Free Press article is. It means that whatever happened to Michael's hands was completely healed by the time of the the Super Bowl, six weeks after returning home. Thanks, Siebured.

02-20-01, 10:14 PM (EST)
4. "From CBS"
>Where did they get that writeup? Surely they haven't
>seen the episode yet. Did CBS write it for them?

Yes. The networks provide the episode summaries that go into TV Guide and zap2it.

02-20-01, 11:54 PM (EST)
6. "Colby and the death adder?"
The jaw-dropping incident in Ogakor -- could this be something we already know about? In particular, could this be when Colby almost steps on the death adder? That would certainly shake my confidence!

Consider what we know: Mike has talked about the fact that Kucha is getting food while Ogakor is getting hungry as a major factor pre-merger. So Kucha could still be cocky, even if they lost the last IC -- especially if they used the IC loss as an opportunity to vote off someone creating conflicts within the tribe. We all believe that they are going to win the E5 RC, right? (under the rule that previews are always misleading, so the footage of Jeff's fall must mean that Kucha still wins) Of course, if they win the E5 IC, no rationalization is needed as to why Kucha feels cocky.

Meanwhile, even if Ogakor wins IC, they have to realize that (1) they are hungry AND (2) if they lose the next IC, they are likely to be Pa-gonged off the outback. Then Colby nearly steps on a death adder while hunting for food, and Ogakor suddenly remembers that there are worse things in life than losing a game.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-01, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Colby and the death adder?"
DANGIT! For the first time I was totally confident in picking Alicia. Thought I had this thing wired (at least this week)

Now this. You're right AK - I worked for a competitor of TV Guide right out of college (Yes - I know - a very lame job) anyway - the networks provided us with information so we could compose accurate previews. I stress accurate. I can't think of any instance of us being given misinformation deliberately. Of course we never had a survivor either. Still, it could potentially damage our relationships with our papers and in turn the networks if they purposefully made us look foolish.

Now I know everyone on here claims to know someone who knows something because one time they sat next to this guy whose third cousin has a satellite dish with a scrambled feed. But my knowledge of TV Listing schedules only makes me look like a goofy dufus - not a savvy insider.

I think there has to be some shred of truth to the blurb although, to meet deadlines, it is provided to the companies doing the listings way in advance (especially at TV Guide - their deadlines are very far out or at least they were 6, 7 years ago.)

On its surface, this info points to an Ogakor ouster this week. The dynamics just seem to better fit if Kucha is way up and Ogakor is way down. Trial by Fire concerning Michael's hands seems like an astute educated guess to me. Let's fly with that.

ANOTHER SIGN IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION: I looked over Mitch's comments in his interview with Richard Hatch (at least I think that was the source). We all look for hidden, subtle clues when I think a pretty obvious one kind of floated overhead. Mitch said something to the effect that if Ogakor went into the merger down 6-4 it was pretty much over for them.

He's not the most cunning dude alive - I think he wouldn't say oh yeah - they're done for if they go down 6/4 if they in fact did. I think he wouldn't give credence to that possibility at all if it had in fact gone down that way.

Now I have to totally rethink this thing. I've been focusing so much on why Alicia goes that I haven't even considered anybody else.

02-21-01, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Siebured Click to send private message to Siebured Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: E6 summary in zap2it"
Maybe if Ogakor wins E5 RC & IC then wins E6 RC, they might be feeling pretty cocky. I think that qualifies as a "stunning turn of events" However, this doesn't quite match the statement "with three days to go before merge".

The Jaw dropping incident might be one of the main Ogies being booted, possibly Jerri or Colby. Well, maybe Colby being booted would be jaw dropping.

Why is it called "Trial by fire" ? I thought it was an obstacle course challenge. I'll have to recheck that. The only other fire challenge I remeber in SI was the one Rich won building his fire.

MountainSurvivor 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-21-01, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MountainSurvivor Click to send private message to MountainSurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: E6 summary in zap2it"
We still haven't seen too much fallout from the "controlled burns" in the area. My understanding from watching an interview with MB (on "E" Entertainment TV if memory serves correct) was that one of the tribes was forced to pack up and move very quickly. Could this be the "trial by fire"?

02-21-01, 01:16 PM (EST)
15. "Controlled burns"
I think you're on the right track here MS! I located the original
National Enquirer, (yeah, yeah, I know), article and it states:
--------------------------
RAGING INFERNO TERRORIZES 'SURVIVOR' CONTESTANTS
TV'S hottest show -- "Survivor" -- was almost too hot for its
contestants when a raging wildfire nearly reduced the set to smoldering rubble!
The remote Down Under site where the phenomenally popular CBS show is
shooting its second season -- "Survivor: The Australian Outback" --stood right
in the path of oncoming wind-driven flames.
The blaze came so close to the desolate North Queensland
location that the entire cast and crew were blanketed in smoke and ash,
say sources on the set. "It was frightening," a show insider told The ENQUIRER.
"Producers, including Mark Burnett, were very concerned."
Ironically, the inferno, which broke out in the first week of November,
was set by forest rangers as part of a "controlled burn-off" in the surrounding national forest.
"Controlled burn-offs are not unusual at that time of the year in many parts of Australia,"
said the insider The Forest Service sets them to get rid of thick underbrush that can
become mosquito breeding grounds during the rainy months.
But rangers lost control of this one when a vicious wind kicked up.
In no time, flames had spread close to the bank of the Herbert River, less than a mile from
the production camp!
"The 'Survivors' watched in horror as flames leaped into the air,
forming a solid wall of fire along the riverbank," said the insider.
"Heat blasted their bodies as panic set in and the thick smoke made it hard to breathe."
Fire marshals met with senior producers to plan evacuation. "But during a lull in the wind,
the fire was brought back under control.
"There were some tense moments. Everyone held their breath -- literally -- before they let loose
with a big sigh of relief!"
-------------------
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/allthebuzz/allthebuzz.cfm?instanceid=8562
-------------------
Notice they said it came within a mile of the production camp.
I'm going to assume it never crossed the river.

Now if we check the map on the SurvivorNews sight, (courtesy of Dan Bollinger),
you can tell that the fire must have traveled east to get that close to the production camp.
I think it's not a far stretch to imply that it traveled further east and almost burned the TC area.
Hence the title "Trial by Fire".

(map)

Of course the fire would have had to burn for at least 7 days, but I think that's possible.
Or maybe I'm way off track, it's just a theory.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-21-01, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: E6 summary in zap2it"
Aya, absolutely! I read this and think spoilers of this nature may be more accurate than pics cropped and shaded to explain the future. I also agree with many posters here that 6-5 is nothing to be cocky about. That is why I believe it is either Kucha winning both challenges again, or they are cocky because Jeff falls and they still win the RC. After all, Kucha has been looking to win challenges when tragedy (Rodger) hits them. The rope race was difficult for both sides, but offsetting double falls by Maralyn and Rodger means Kucha was more organized to handle the obstacles. Did you see them use military methods? Wait for everyone, wait, wait, one, two, three, go!

colbysincharge 71 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-01, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail colbysincharge Click to send private message to colbysincharge Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "thoughts? (if anything)"
kucha could have lost immunity #5 by this time and could be talking "confidently", and just portrayed as cocky. and okagor being "somewhat" vulnerable, or just plain near extinction vulnerable.

and their promos can be somewhat lame:

such as last week, zap2it ep4:"both tribes take to the land in search of food", yea, i guess they did
"two members hatch a plan to destroy a newly formed alliance"
was it 2 members? and was it a newly formed alliance? no, no

this week, zap2it ep 5:"two of the women argue over food", are they really arguing over food? or just about her mouth?

now, my take on the jaw-dropping incident:
Jeff p had made an earlier statement(i dont remember where),
regarding okagor's lousy shelter. after that i noticed that it is on a soft bed of sand,near the river, but,only seasonal. As they enter the rainy season, this area will be the river!
My thoughts are that their camp will be washed away, in ep 6, and there will be no ambassadors to each camp, and okagor will have to move to kucha.
not dramatic, but realistic.

thanks for the thread, but I am still leaning to kucha to lose immunity #5, and probably kimmi to go.

02-21-01, 01:11 PM (EST)
14. "Giant stinging tree?"
On Feb 18, the Chicago Tribune ran an article about some of the hazzards of the outback, written by a writer who had been camping at the Herbert River Falls with his wife. One that caught my attention was the gympie gympie, described below, which the article also discusses as giving a "month-long sting."

"GIANT STINGING TREE

"The Giant Stinging Tree, or gympie gympie, is a rain forest species that can give a very painful sting, which can last for months. There's no known cure, so you really need to stay well away from it. Information on this plant and other dangerous flora and fauna can be obtained from the National Parks Department on arrival in Australia."

I bring this up only to point out that there are a number of ways Michael could have injured his hands other than burning.

vviCKed 56 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-01, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vviCKed Click to send private message to vviCKed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Mike's hands/ fire"

Mike couldn't of burned his hands in the forrest fire. The fire is on the other side of the Okagor camp. I read somewhere that Kucha didn't know of the fire, because they didn't see it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •