The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bitter Roommates"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

miami7368 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-08-05, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miami7368 Click to send private message to miami7368 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bitter Roommates"
I honestly can't stand watching these women continue to not stick up from their "opinions." Lisa is such a child, saying one thing to only Allison and then turning it around to the rest of the house. She's creating the true drama by dividing the house in her direction. She's been working the pity thing all along and its starting to backfire because the other women are figuring it out; with exception of Allison. But I don't blame her, she needs some sort of innocence or youthful figure to help keep her innocent outter shell alive. Lisa really needs to take a good look at those cameras, first off, and really see for herself how the world is seeing her attitude and persona. But I also think having the rest of the roommates view the same tape would help them to see that they too have had their own quarrels with each other and there's a hidden root to it all.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bitter Roommates crystalclear 12-08-05 1
   RE: Bitter Roommates Baxtera 12-08-05 2
       RE: Bitter Roommates crystalclear 12-08-05 3
   RE: Bitter Roommates SpecialK25 12-08-05 4
       RE: Bitter Roommates crystalclear 12-08-05 5
           RE: Bitter Roommates Soupy 12-08-05 6
               RE: Bitter Roommates mhb0125 12-08-05 7
                   RE: Bitter Roommates crystalclear 12-09-05 8
                       RE: Bitter Roommates Soupy 12-09-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

crystalclear 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-08-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crystalclear Click to send private message to crystalclear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bitter Roommates"
The lack of good communication in the house is driving me crazy too. Why don't the LCs do something more with this problem? None of the housemates, with the exception of Jill, can communicate lovingly,honestly and directly. I suspect that the LCs watch the footage every day and then try to figure out which houseguest needs which lesson. So, why don't they do something to help the women learn how to communicate better? Ratings!!! They (the producers) saw how Tess and Deborah caused the ratings to go up in season 2, so they probably want conflict between the women. The show is going downhill and hasn't reached the bottom yet.

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-08-05, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bitter Roommates"
Sadly I think you hit the nail on the head I think it's about the ratings. In the past the women wouldn't have been allowed to threaten violence against one another and since the second season more gossip and cliques have been encouraged and allowed to flourish. I realize it's reality TV but what I liked about this show was the what was stated in the opening credits about a supportive environment for women wanting to start over. I'm not sure I'm going to survive a reality day time show much longer that's an adult real world.

12-08-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crystalclear Click to send private message to crystalclear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bitter Roommates"
Maybe the producers will take the hint from this board and all the people who've emailed their complaints to them, that they need to focus more on the healing and less on the cat fights.

SpecialK25 13 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-05, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpecialK25 Click to send private message to SpecialK25 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bitter Roommates"
I think I just about had enough of these women constantly fighting all the time. And if you notice Lisa is always involved whether is with Jill, Allison, and T.J. I don't think Lisa is really there for the right reason, but her 5 min. of fame. Just when she starts to fully understand and start taking responsibility, at a drop of hat she goes back to being the child. Enough is Enough Lisa. I hope you make it to graduate.

12-08-05, 05:44 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Bitter Roommates"
>I think I just about had
>enough of these women constantly
>fighting all the time. And
>if you notice Lisa is
>always involved whether is with
>Jill, Allison, and T.J. I
>don't think Lisa is really
>there for the right reason,
>but her 5 min. of
>fame. Just when she starts
>to fully understand and start
>taking responsibility, at a drop
>of hat she goes back
>to being the child. Enough
>is Enough Lisa. I hope
>you make it to graduate.

I just wrote this on another thread. A lot of time when a person has a major breakthrough or realization, they spiral backward a bit. I think Lisa having realized that her molestation shut down her feelings and kept her a child, has been great for her. She's now fumbling around for how to deal with her 'feelings.' She's confused and needs some more guidance on this. She can't grow up all at once. It will take time to grow up from the age of 10 to 40.
>

Soupy 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-08-05, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Soupy Click to send private message to Soupy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bitter Roommates"
So far you make sense...YES it takes time... I was molested myself and Lisa's problem with acting like an adult is NOT the molestation... She knows right from wrong! Lisa is inteligent enough to know about her own behavior. She has been given the tools to use... She's been there quite awhile now. THE BASICS... ( during her threat to be kicked out, she understands the basic mutual respect rules and behavior in the house.)
She is making a conscious "choice'in how she conducts herself, when raising her voice with disrespect, using the F word every chance she gets, and using her cocky attitude to communicate. She knows better, that she is behaving negative and non- productive...

"Positive Change" does take time, however- do you see her making any effort at all? ( I can't )
I recall many other house mates in the past, who worked very hard too. Often receiving feedback that wasn't always what they wanted to hear.They had their moments....then moved on. It took time. But at least, they were busten' their butts "TRYING"!
Ya have to want it bad enough. I don't see Lisa wanting it that much. ( she's a bright girl) She is just use to getting her own way, and what she wants. Brats need more time too...
Just my personal observations...
Peace.. ~ Soupy

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-08-05, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bitter Roommates"
See, I think Lisa is just a selfish person. She loves the drama and arguing, I can tell just by watching her. Remember that old saying, "You can dish it out but you can't take it." That fits Lisa to a tee. She can talk about people and say she's finding her "emotions" or "feelings" or whatever but when it comes down to it she's just plain mean and ugly. She has no regard for anyone but herself.

12-09-05, 06:59 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Bitter Roommates"
>See, I think Lisa is just
>a selfish person. She
>loves the drama and arguing,
>I can tell just by
>watching her. Remember that
>old saying, "You can dish
>it out but you can't
>take it." That fits
>Lisa to a tee.
>She can talk about people
>and say she's finding her
>"emotions" or "feelings" or whatever
>but when it comes down
>to it she's just plain
>mean and ugly. She
>has no regard for anyone
>but herself.

I see those things too, but I see her behavior as immature. If it's true that she has no regard for others, then she lacks compassion. If that's so, then she might have a personality disorder. She could have a Histrionic Personality Disorder. The following is from Wikipedia. It DOES sound like Lisa.

In psychiatry, histrionic personality disorder (HPD), or hysterical personality disorder, is a personality disorder which involves a pattern of excessive emotional expression and attention-seeking, including an excessive need for approval and inappropriate seductiveness, that usually begins in early adulthood.

The essential feature of the histrionic personality disorder is a pervasive and excessive pattern of emotionality and attention-seeking behavior. These individuals are lively, dramatic, enthusiastic, and flirtatious. They may be inappropriately sexually provocative, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and be easily influenced by others.

The cause of this disorder is unknown, but childhood events and genetics may both be involved. It occurs more frequently in women than in men, although some feel it is simply more often diagnosed in women because attention-seeking and sexual forwardness is less socially acceptable for women.

People with this disorder are usually able to function at a high level and can be successful socially and at work. However, histrionic personality disorder may affect a person's social or romantic relationships or their ability to cope with losses or failures. People with this disorder may seek treatment for depression when romantic relationships end. They often fail to see their own situation realistically, instead tending to dramatize and exaggerate. Responsibility for failure or disappointment is usually blamed on others. They may go through frequent job changes, as they become easily bored and have trouble dealing with frustration. Because they tend to crave novelty and excitement, they may place themselves in risky situations.

Soupy 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-09-05, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Soupy Click to send private message to Soupy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Bitter Roommates"
Crystalclear, I appreciated your post on the disorder. It seems to fit Lisa's behavior to a tee, as well as some people I have met thru the years- in my own life...

However, this only goes to prove that, if Lisa has a personality disorder...The only one who is truly qualified to address her issues and can help her, is Dr. Stan. A professional...
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, HE HAS THE MEDICAL QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY TO DEAL WITH SUCH AN EXTREME PROBLEM. The Starting Over House is not the answer for her.
Her father was abandoned as an infant. Her parents are dysfunctional, and they admit it.(especially when it comes to raising their daughter) I think Lisa is smart and has some common sense. Does she want help, that seems to be the real question now- I suppose. I.M.H.O.

GREAT POST CRYSTALCLEAR! Thanks for sharing the info...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •