The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Blake's mistakes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-02, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KMan Click to send private message to KMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Blake's mistakes"
Have you ever seen a team make so many mistakes and still succeed? It was a blunder of errors for these two last night yet somehow they manage to overcome them. I don't know if they're lucky or whether everything will eventually catch up with them.

1. It took them forever to realize that their Hong Kong taxi driver was going the wrong way.

2. The huge roadblock screw-up.

3. Somehow they got to the art museum last, even though Wil and Tara went to the wrong museum first.

4. They played two incorrect holes of golf while Gary and Dave breezed through it.

They are just not smart enough to go any further in this game. I see them getting eliminated next.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Blake's mistakes managerr 04-25-02 1
   RE: Blake's mistakes Meemo 04-25-02 2
       RE: Blake's mistakes katem 04-25-02 3
           RE: Blake's mistakes gudgeon 04-25-02 5
               RE: Blake's mistakes collinsd56 04-25-02 6
                   RE: Blake's mistakes first wife 04-25-02 7
                   RE: Blake's mistakes magic_star 04-28-02 13
               RE: Blake's mistakes katem 04-25-02 8
                   RE: Blake's mistakes gudgeon 04-25-02 9
 RE: Blake's mistakes trigirl 04-25-02 4
   RE: Blake's mistakes esquire 04-25-02 10
   RE: Blake's mistakes jase 04-25-02 11
 RE: Blake's mistakes TeamJoisey 04-26-02 12
 RE: Blake's mistakes magic_star 04-28-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-25-02, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Blake's mistakes"
I like this team a lot, but I am also amazed that they are still in this thing. Blake's "outside the box" thinking has not really worked once in giving them any significant advantage.

Kudos to Paige for taking control in the 2nd leg. For the first time, she seemed to stand up to Blake and not let him drag her around.

Meemo 3519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-25-02, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Blake's mistakes"
One word: editing

I would guess that they didn't show Gary and Dave messing up on the golf holes because they wanted to show that they were still in it.

I suspect that what we see does not include every little hiccup or speedbump that the teams might face.

Then again, maybe I'm just partial because I'm rooting for Paige and Blake (I believe it's time for her to start getting top billing!).

"I'm no theologian, but I do know that God is a more powerful force than both mom & dad combined....and you owe Him big." - Lisa Simpson

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-25-02, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Blake's mistakes"
Meemo, while I agree with you that editing made it seem as if the Dorks were closer to D/O, than they actually were. I do believe that they made few errors, if any, at the golf course.

The Dorks big mistake was leaving the mine and going to golf. I think most of the time, if you do that, you get yourself into trouble.

As for Blake, he is proving more and more by the episode, that maybe there is not that much upstairs. I think Paige is the brains there, but lets him lead so as not to hurt him. But, last night, when she felt she needed to put him in his place, she did and took charge.

To Blake's enormous credit, he actually saluted Paige for doing it, while a person like Wilma usually just keeps on insulting Tara.

gudgeon 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-25-02, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gudgeon Click to send private message to gudgeon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Blake's mistakes"
I do agree, katem, that it was nice of B to give P credit where it was due (unlike the nasty Will, who even when HE messed up on the road block tried to blame Tara for his doing it wrong! unbelievable) - BUT, what ON EARTH was that comment Blake made that he wished he was married to his sister?!? GROSS! I missed the first part of it, and I know he said something about IF they were NOT related, but still, I found that to be really freaky and kind of gross...

collinsd56 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-25-02, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail collinsd56 Click to send private message to collinsd56 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Blake's mistakes"
> BUT, what
>ON EARTH was that comment
>Blake made that he wished
>he was married to his
>sister?!? GROSS! I missed the
>first part of it, and
>I know he said something
>about IF they were NOT
>related, but still, I found
>that to be really freaky
>and kind of gross...

Blake simply said that his sister was everything he would want in a wife and that if he could find a woman with the same characteristics as his sister, he would not be a single man anymore. It was very nice of him.

Secondly, there is no way that the Dorksican Brothers could have not screwed up on the golf course and played the wrong holes. First, Gary had never played golf before and Dave is left-handed and had to hit with a right-handed set of clubs. Blake and Paige have been raised playing golf and by the way Paige played they were no strangers to a golf course.

It's all in the editing.

As an aside...am I the only one that thinks The Amazing Race is the best reality show on television? Much more entertaining than Survivor in my opinion because the viewer gets to see all these exotic locales along with the excitement of a contest.

first wife 20 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-02, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail first%20wife Click to send private message to first%20wife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Blake's mistakes"
i agree that blake's comment at the end of the first leg was absolutely sweet and not at all "icky." if all of us grew up with a supportive big brother like this (or if more husbands were like this), we'd have a lot less screwed-up, low self-esteemed females in this country (i speak from experience on both counts). kudos to blake for being a stand-up guy, letting go of the proverbial alpha-male ego and crediting paige. he's cool---and she's lucky as hell.

three cheers that the dorkimers are outta there.

i agree-----TAR2 rules. i love seeing the different locales, especially---if this doesn't help the travel industry, i'd be amazed. makes me want to pick up the phone and book a flight to sydney right this second.

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-28-02, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Blake's mistakes"

>the Dorksican Brothers could have
>not screwed up on the
>golf course and played the
>wrong holes. First, Gary
>had never played golf before
>and Dave is left-handed and
>had to hit with a
>right-handed set of clubs.
>Blake and Paige have been
>raised playing golf and by
>the way Paige played they
>were no strangers to a
>golf course.

I think their playing ability has nothing to do with the gulf coarse holes.So what if they never had played before,that's why they got a 14 on that one hole.I think they could find the right holes,just couldn't play.Blake/Paige looked like they were rushing a little bit and didn't take their time to make sure they were playing the right holes.If you rush on a coarse designed like that you're going to play the wrong holes.

>As an aside...am I the only
>one that thinks The Amazing
>Race is the best reality
>show on television? Much
>more entertaining than Survivor in
>my opinion because the viewer
>gets to see all these
>exotic locales along with the
>excitement of a contest.

You are not the only one...hmm...TAR or Survivor...Inny-minny-miny,moe
----------------------------------------
Gary-"This is the end? (Phil)-Yes this is the end. (Gary)-This is the end right here? (Phil)-As soon as you walk off this mat.
(Gary)-Alright Dave go first. (Dave)-Gary I can't do it. (Gary)-Just go,just go...(Phil)-As soon as you leave the mat. ...(Gary)-just go (Gary/Dave)-uhka uhka(as Dave pushes Gary off mat).
(Dave)-It's over,great time,good work."

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-25-02, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Blake's mistakes"
Gudgeon, Blake actually gave his sister a very nice compliment on how he wanted to find a woman like her so he could marry. He basically said he wanted a woman with Paige's qualities and attributes, nothing wrong with that.

People on this board have been making to much of how close they are.

gudgeon 12 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-02, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gudgeon Click to send private message to gudgeon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Blake's mistakes"
Sorry all, my bad! I totally missed the beginning of what he said, so based on what I did hear (the end of his comments), I interpolated what the start of his sentence must have been. But, I see I was way off.

I thought he had said that if they were not sister and brother, he would marry HER. (Which, to me, is a freakish thing to say.)

I completely agree that he gave her a lot of kudos, praise, and positive support last night, and I completely agree that it was very admirable of him to do so (hint hint, Will!!!). I just misheard the marriage part and was grossed out by what I *thought* he had said. Guess I'd better turn up the volume ;)

Thanks for all the clarification!

G.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-25-02, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Blake's mistakes"
While Blake does make mistakes, the big difference between Blaige and a lot of the other dearly departed teams is that they do not give up. They never act like they are out of it, they never let themselves truly believe they are out of it and they always remember they are in a race. Have you ever seen them once, not run to the mat?

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-25-02, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Blake's mistakes"
I don't know about that. Last night, when they were on standby, they sure looked like they were about to throw in the towel

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-02, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Blake's mistakes"
I thought it was over for Blake and Paige in the first episode based on all the mistakes that were made, but I realized it was a non-elimination period and they would be able to make up some ground (which, to no surprise to me, they did) in the second episode. Let's face facts here, they are a little naive and not big city folks, so they are going to make more mistakes than the other teams. But, they are the only team that has been able to constantly overcome whatever obstacles they face and they will, more likely than not, win in the end.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-26-02, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Blake's mistakes"

>1. It took them forever
>to realize that their Hong
>Kong taxi driver was going
>the wrong way.
>
>
>They are just not smart enough
>to go any further in
>this game. I see
>them getting eliminated next.

Before you write them off, consider this:
Rob and Brennan went through 12 episodes with the worst possible cab drivers. Some got lost, some broke down, one stopped for coffee and breakfast in the middle of the trip.
In the final episode they arrived at Newark Aiport, jumped into a cab and met the most efficient driver on the East Coast. That guy won the million bucks for them.

Do I think they were the only ones who got bad cabbies during the whole run of TAR1? Of course not. The producers knew the final cab ride was the difference before they began editing. They edited the first 12 episodes to draw attention to Rob and Brennan's cabs from hell.

Blake's "mistakes" are getting the screen time the producers want them to get. This could mean that one more blunder gets them ousted, or it could mean they do something so off the wall that it wins them a million bucks. Time will tell.

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-28-02, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Blake's mistakes"
Their mistakes havn't really mattered.Even with the mistakes they do better than teams that don't make mistakes.If they can manage to make no mistakes next episode I think they will definitely make it to the Final Three.
--------------------------------------
Final Three: Oswald/Danny,Blake/Paige,Some team that gets left behind with the guidos.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •