The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season Comparison"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

wallysgal2002 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-08-05, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wallysgal2002 Click to send private message to wallysgal2002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season Comparison"
I have been a faithful watcher of Starting Over from day one. I have certain issues in my life that I want to face with a positive attitude and not approach it in a wrongful manner. So far I feel this has been the worst season thus far and does not even compare to the others in any rating. The constant bickering between the housemates from the start is so unreal and if I want to watch a show that has beeps in it for the language mentioned on the show I would watch Maury or Jerry Springer for those beeps

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season Comparison Soupy 12-09-05 1
   RE: Season Comparison olemiss4192 12-09-05 2
       RE: Season Comparison Soupy 12-09-05 3
           RE: Season Comparison Dear Debby 12-10-05 4
   RE: Season Comparison 26mitogo 12-10-05 5
       RE: Season Comparison Soupy 12-12-05 6
 RE: Season Comparison jean48 12-12-05 7
 RE: Season Comparison Stormy Sky 12-14-05 8
   RE: Season Comparison celisabeth 12-14-05 9
 RE: Season Comparison IMoverHERE 12-14-05 10
 RE: Season Comparison TeacupMom 02-13-06 11
   RE: Season Comparison Baxtera 02-13-06 12
 RE: Season Comparison TeacupMom 02-13-06 13
   RE: Season Comparison Baxtera 02-13-06 14
       RE: Season Comparison lovemydogdude 02-13-06 15
   RE: Season Comparison OklaBlue 02-13-06 16
 RE: Season Comparison VictoriaB 02-19-06 17
   RE: Season Comparison DarkMoon 02-20-06 18
 RE: Season Comparison sillybear 02-21-06 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Soupy 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-09-05, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Soupy Click to send private message to Soupy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season Comparison"
Ditto Buddy! I waited ALL this time to get on board... thinking I was the only one who thought this way too... You are so right on! WHAT HAPPENED? The difference is like night and day... I.M.H.O.
I use to tape the show...I even took a portable T.V. on vacation last year, as not to miss the shows...
I recently went to Texas for a week and felt great because I didn't watch the show... If I wanted to watch all the petty and wasted time and energy,I could watch soap operas... ( I came back, hoping it improved... They're no better off now then a month ago!) YIKES! The world of boxing...Not my bag though...

I think perhaps Rhonda may have bit off more then she could chew.(?) She has her Institute here in Colorado. She travels and lectures all over the nation- for $80.00 a person. The concept is brilliant- but ONLY IF the person is willing to surrender to the process completely... Rhonda's book is good!
NOW IT'S ALL ABOUT REALITY T.V.- regarding the Show. Doesn't seem so much the purity of the 'healing process' as it once was presented. You could feel it! I don't feel it anymore this season... No fault to anyone in particular....Just disappointed tremendously. Sorry to say.

I am currently reading the book "Your Best Life Now" ; by Joel Osteen.
This book is full of tools for real life change. as well. POSITVE!
PEACE ~ Soupy

olemiss4192 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-09-05, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail olemiss4192 Click to send private message to olemiss4192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season Comparison"
I too think this season is not like any other. I feel a different presence with the life coaches. Something has definately happened. I think Iyanla is leaving after this season, and could care less about the integrity of the show. I don't think her heart is in it and it shows by her actions. I think Iyanla and Rhonda really don't get along and see eye to eye like in the past. I think Rhonda is going thru the motions until Iyanla leaves. I don't know, but there has to be a reaon for the drastic change of the house and the lack of credibility as in the past. Just a thought.
I have read Joel's book and it is awesome!

12-09-05, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Soupy Click to send private message to Soupy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season Comparison"
>I too think this season is
>not like any other. I
>feel a different presence with
>the life coaches. Something has
>definately happened. I think Iyanla
>is leaving after this season,
>and could care less about
>the integrity of the show.
>I don't think her heart
>is in it and it
>shows by her actions. I
>think Iyanla and Rhonda really
>don't get along and see
>eye to eye like in
>the past. I think Rhonda
>is going thru the motions
>until Iyanla leaves. I don't
>know, but there has to
>be a reaon for the
>drastic change of the house
>and the lack of credibility
>as in the past. Just
>a thought.
>I have read Joel's book and
>it is awesome!

Thanks for the reply poster Buddy... So glad you read the book, as well.
You my friend are on the right path ( I.M.H.O.) regardless of what 'life' may throw at you... I wish you well- with all my heart!
Soupy

Dear Debby 64 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-05, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dear%20Debby Click to send private message to Dear%20Debby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season Comparison"
I started watching at the beginning of season 2. Last season and during the couples, I feel the show helped me and helped me to understand others better.
When the real season started this year, I was looking for the same.........wow did that change.
I now honestly watch it as a comedy show and to come to these message boards to laugh at the show.
If it wasn't for the boards here, I probably wouldn't watch at all! I feel we get better feed back here and see what IS or ISN'T socially acceptable here this year.
Thanks for all the fun ladies!

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-10-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season Comparison"
Thanks for the book suggestion ... I keep waiting for the show to go back to the quality of last year. I felt the beginning of 1st yr was weak and allowed for too much fighting until the women got busy with assignments but last year, for the most part, was EXCELLENT. I'd be scared to death if I were the next in line to go to the house this year. You'd be expecting to be there for REAL help with REAL and fixable problems in your own life and step into the middle of just any reality show!!!

Regardless of whether the coaches get along or not, whether one is or isn't leaving, do they believe in their approach or not? If they are there to help women change their lives then they need to DO it and split later. Where are the assignments, where is the work, where are the boundries, the consequenses, the lessons, etc.?

There may be a lot of fighting going on but the producers are also CHOOSING to show most of the fighting and trash talk. Some of us are going back to recorded shows to count the minutes of dishing vs. the minutes shown of group or individual lessons with women and their coach or Dr.Stan. Some great discussions or issues have been shown for such a short minute ... you can't get enough info to apply or think about for your own life and relationships ........... and THAT is the only reason I watch the show.

12-12-05, 02:56 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Season Comparison"
EXCELLENT OBSERVATION 26!

I agree 100%- the problems in the house the experts sharing are clear... We see them...I wonder, do they. (?) Hmmmmm?

~ Soupy

jean48 3 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-05, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jean48 Click to send private message to jean48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season Comparison"
change is good maybe the first season help you and second helping someone else. life brings about change.and maybe you have grown more of a person by watching the first

Stormy Sky 129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-14-05, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stormy%20Sky Click to send private message to Stormy%20Sky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season Comparison"
Welcome to the site, wallysgal!!! I think it's just the mixture of the different personalities of the HG's. Maybe this season was meant to bring out how to "get along" with people you don't have anything in common with. I am enjoying seeing the interaction between the women. I think they will learn lessons about getting along with people who they wouldn't ordinarily "be friends" with in life, which is a WONDERFUL lesson for us all to learn.

celisabeth 245 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-14-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail celisabeth Click to send private message to celisabeth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season Comparison"
I think there's a divide between the goals of, let's call it "the house" and the goals of "the show."

The goals of the house, as I see it, are pretty much the stated goals of women supporting one another, getting their lives together, finding or learning the tools they need to make changes in their lives, altering the self-defeating patterns and mindsets into which they may have settled without having realized that they'd done it, etc.

Then there are the goals of the show. I'd be interested in seeing a show that was more related to the goals of the house, where the women are supporting one another (not that they wouldn't sometimes struggle with how to support one another, or get frustrated with one another on occasion). However, it sometimes seems like the show is all about the drama, the fireworks, and the soap operaesque elements of throwing a diverse group of women together and watching them fight. None of these women are flawless, and yes, there's going to be conflict, but the show -- the producers, the story editors, etc. -- choose to devote a lotta airtime to the drama, the backstabbing, the pettiness, without showing much of the resolution (if and when there is any resolution).

IMoverHERE 8 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-05, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IMoverHERE Click to send private message to IMoverHERE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season Comparison"
I've read various messages over the past few weeks on here from posters that mention how this season has had so much conflict or tension and fighting between house guests and they compare it to previous seasons. But I'm really scratching my head wondering if these people's memories have faded far more than they realize!

Have they completely forgotten the nasty fights from season one? There were top of the lungs screaming matches between certain house guests. And in my opinion even season two had some major fights which caused a tremendous amount of tension in the house. To me, season three has been relatively mild in comparison to the level of ugliness that occurred in the two previous seasons.

TeacupMom 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-13-06, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeacupMom Click to send private message to TeacupMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season Comparison"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-06 AT 02:22 AM (EST)

nm

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-13-06, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season Comparison"
I do remember bad behavior in season one, I even watched it in reruns to refresh the brain that I wasn't remember it all with wine and roses. However, I do rememember the woman being called more on actually behaving with respect towards one another. They didn't always achieve it but for instance in group they got called out if they were not speaking respectfully to each other.

Now it seems like a gang bang session on Jerry Springer each time a new guest comes on. In the first season it seemed like when a house guest came on they were allowed to present their story without being humiliated by their life coaches or the other house guests. At least for that time they were the center of attention as they spoke about who they were and why they were there.

While some had nebulous goals most had specific defined goals that had very specific steps. As an audience you could say OK so and so just finished a step because it was a physical step they had to achieve not some neboulous conversation IV had to have with the Universe to determine if the person was worthy. It seemed the guests were more involved with their projects and it didn't seem like they were always waiting for the LC to show up to do something. Many seemed to have on-going stuff they were doing that kept them busy and out of trouble. They didn't seem to have as much time to sit around and gossip and back stab. They still had their sessions but you also saw women at interviews, looking at apartments, doing real work. Maybe it didn't do well for ratings but I thought it was interesting to see what they were doing.

I also thought they did more team building exercises. That seemed to be more of Rana's specialty but she made them go out and do exercises where as a group they had to learn to trust one another in various group activities.

I think the past few seasons the woman have had too much free time. They have been encouraged to gossip and back stab to make the ratings go up as it gets juicy. They make no attempt to monitor and deesculate the house situation or try to get the roomates to work as a team. They don't have real achievable goals for the woman to work at so you end up with people who already are emotionaly frail all under the same roof.

TeacupMom 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-13-06, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeacupMom Click to send private message to TeacupMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Season Comparison"
IMHO when women are in close quarters for so long I think it's gonna happen every now and then...squabbles and pettiness that is... Hopefully they will be able to at some pt. put on their big girl panties and get on with learning how to better their lives!

As one who has struggled with depression for 20+ yrs. I have found a lot of insight which has enhanced the therapy I am now receiving. Insight in spite of the squabbles and fumbles by the LC's. But for those it isn't "doing anything for" growth wise it's one heck of a soap opera, eh?! lol

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-13-06, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Season Comparison"
I just don't think LC are qualified to be doing therapy. If starting over is going to become a therapy house which is what the current issues all seem to require, first they need someone to monintor the house to make sure it's safe for the HG issues and two they need to dump LC and hire professionals who have the MD's to deal with them.

Or they need to return to the format of bringing in guests who aren't there for therapy but to get help with changing some specific issue or challenge in their lives that is definable and achievable without hiring Dr. Phil on a full time basis.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-13-06, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Season Comparison"
I agree wholeheartedly with you Bax. This season it's been difficult to watch all the BS between HG's with NO LC intervention. Sure they put the entire house on probation but they didn't even follow up on that. All that seemed different after that point is now they had an "accountability partner" to deal with. The editing made the drama look worse, in fact they messed with our heads often times..making it look even worse than it was (and it was bad enough). Even in the end before XXXtina left no one intervened and told her she had a warped hypocritical view of gossip! The new HM Kim was thrown to the wolves..they let her mull in the chaos and suffer through her relationship struggles with the HM's..never coaching her through for what seemed like forever.

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-13-06, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Season Comparison"
Tea hee...one lump or two, your sig is cute.

VictoriaB 70 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-06, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VictoriaB Click to send private message to VictoriaB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Season Comparison"
I've watched since the first season and although I haven't liked all the women or identified with all their issues, I've learned a lot about healing the past and moving forward.

Until this past week, I thought this season was the worst ever - mainly because of the Lisa1 debacle. Thinking back, season one had Nyanza and season two Christine2 who were IMHO, pretty much as irritating as Lisa1 --- but neither lasted as long in the house so it was fairly bearable. Nyanza 'graduated' (why, I'll never know!), and Christine was asked to leave, so their stays were relatively short.

I've watched the entire past week over the last two days (on tape) and think they're finally getting back to what's made the other seasons so great. For the most part, the current HGs seem to be supportive of each other; all seem sincerely committed to changing their lives; they're all working on their assignments; and none seem to be trying to 'get over' on the LCs or hog the spotlight.

Once again, I feel as though I'm picking up nuggets of useful information instead of just feeling frustrated and annoyed, like I have through most of this season.

I agree that it would be helpful if the women had more realistic goals. I'm not jammin' on "Soaring" or "Filling the Cup" or whatever. I also agree that the LCs sometimes seem disconnected. I feel the integrity of the house has been compromised because of the Lisa1 situation, and I think the LCs haven't created as safe an environment for healing as they have in the past. But, I do think it's improving.

DarkMoon 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-20-06, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DarkMoon Click to send private message to DarkMoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Season Comparison"
I have been inspired by Iyanla. I have read 3 of her books. In The Meantime, The Value In The Valley and Yesterday I Cried. She has opened my heart, mind and soul. I am working through my own process and self healing. If you can't get what u want from the show, trust me start reading and you will be more enlightned and inspired like I have. Pick your favorite LC and just take the time to read and want you are looking for will come to you!

sillybear 84 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-06, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sillybear Click to send private message to sillybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Season Comparison"
I think the problem with this season could be what they are not showing.I have noticed comments from past houseguests that things are not always as they seem due to editing.I have found it strange Rhonda has not mentioned Lisa 1 and what is going on with her.Seems odd to me.It is only one hour a day.Just a thought.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •