The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cast Announcement"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-10-07, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cast Announcement"
THIS JUST IN...
...from CBS News

NEW YORK, Jan. 10 -- CBS News' THE EARLY SHOW will announce the cast for SURVIVOR: FIJI on Friday, Jan. 12 (7:00-9:00 AM, ET/PT). The 14th edition of the Emmy Award-winning series debuts on Thursday, Feb. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Michael Bass is the senior executive producer of THE EARLY SHOW.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cast Announcement Brownroach 01-10-07 1
   RE: Cast Announcement KoalaChick 01-10-07 2
       RE: Cast Announcement Brownroach 01-10-07 3
           RE: Cast Announcement KoalaChick 01-10-07 4
 New contestants identified on CBS w... Chez 01-12-07 5
   RE: New contestants identified on C... Brownroach 01-12-07 6
       RE: New contestants identified on C... Flowerpower 01-12-07 7
           RE: New contestants identified on C... Brownroach 01-12-07 8
               RE: New contestants identified on C... PepeLePew13 01-12-07 9
                   RE: New contestants identified on C... ginger 01-12-07 10
                       RE: New contestants identified on C... Wallflower66 01-12-07 11
                       RE: New contestants identified on C... PepeLePew13 01-13-07 12
 Breakdown of Cast... PepeLePew13 01-13-07 13
   RE: Breakdown of Cast... Brownroach 01-16-07 14
       RE: Breakdown of Cast... byoffer 01-17-07 15
           RE: Breakdown of Cast... Brownroach 01-17-07 16
               RE: Breakdown of Cast... PepeLePew13 01-17-07 17
                   RE: Breakdown of Cast... Max Headroom 01-17-07 18
                   RE: Breakdown of Cast... Brownroach 01-17-07 19
                   RE: Breakdown of Cast... byoffer 01-17-07 20
                       RE: Breakdown of Cast... PepeLePew13 01-17-07 21
                           RE: Breakdown of Cast... byoffer 01-17-07 22
                               She panicked michel 01-17-07 23
                                   Snakes byoffer 01-17-07 24
 Boo Sonicbluebird 01-22-07 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-10-07, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Cast Announcement"
Kewl! Thanks, KC.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

01-10-07, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Cast Announcement"
No problem! I'm sure the whole cast will have been figured out by the time they announce it, but it's nice to finally know when this season is going to start!

01-10-07, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Cast Announcement"
There are still quite a few un-i.d.ed contestants, even assuming that all the ones The4Kingdoms has named at Sucks are correct. So I doubt they'll all be spoiled before Friday, unless someone works very very fast.

01-10-07, 05:22 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Cast Announcement"
Oh, holy cow! I didn't even notice that the cast announcement was THIS Friday! I was just so excited to find out when the premiere was, I glossed right over that!

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-12-07, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "New contestants identified on CBS web site"
Here is the link to the CBS Survivor 14 website showing all of the new contestants.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor14/

01-12-07, 11:06 AM (EST)
6. "RE: New contestants identified on CBS web site"
On TES this morning only Cassandra, Lisi, and James got mini-confessionals, FWIW. Cassandra came across as Cirie redux. Lisi and James were both painted as potentially obnoxious.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-07, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New contestants identified on CBS web site"
On TES this morning only Cassandra, Lisi, and James got mini-confessionals, FWIW.

Thanks BR! In the past, haven't one of the first boots traditionally had one of the first "mini-confessionals" in the CBS introduction segment? Just on the segment, I would agree that Cassandra was painted as a Cirie redux, while James could possibly be a Boston Rob redux.

01-12-07, 01:11 PM (EST)
8. "RE: New contestants identified on CBS web site"
haven't one of the first boots traditionally had one of the first "mini-confessionals" in the CBS introduction segment?

I don't really think so, FP. The very first boot usually has NOT been spotlighted on TES, if memory serves, though I can't recall every season. I don't think there's any set rhyme or reason as to who they choose.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-07, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: New contestants identified on CBS web site"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-07 AT 01:18 PM (EST)

Yup, I can't recall hearing anything about Sekou at all before last season started... He may have had a confessional (a number of people did) but it certainly wasn't memorable enough for me to recall.

ETA: This season should be a fun one with names as we've got a Mookie, a Boo and a Yau-Man.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-07, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: New contestants identified on CBS web site"
Looks like the "racial tribe split" of last season has resulted in a greater diversity, even if they are not, in fact, splitting the tribes down racial lines again. Happy to see so many people of colour. Even if they have really putrid little nicknames (*grins and hopes none of you out there are named "Mookie"*).

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-12-07, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: New contestants identified on CBS web site"
I used to have a BF named "Boo".

01-13-07, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: New contestants identified on CBS web site"
Well, I'd hate to be known as "Mookie" but when we had Mookie Wilson in town playing for the Blue Jays, it was fun to say his name - it's a perfect name for the crowd ... Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookieeeeeeeee!

A Tribe siggie

01-13-07, 12:19 PM (EST)
13. "Breakdown of Cast..."
With the news of one contestant apparently quitting the day before starting the game, it seems that this was a Caucasian woman who dropped out. Check out these numbers:

9 women, 10 men

4 Caucasians
5 Hispanics
5 African-Americans
5 Asians

Seems like they were intending on having another racial split of some sort and decided to drop that plan and go with a free-for-all with 19 people for a couple days before having one person splitting them up into two tribes and sending one person to Exile Island.

Other numbers:

10 = 20-29 age group
05 = 30-39
01 = 40-49
03 = 50+

Five of them have April birthdays. Probably just a fluke but seems like a lot from one month.

Los Angeles area = 8 contestants
San Francisco area = 2
New Orleans area or connections = 3 (including a Katrina survivor)
Only one who lives on the East Coast (Wilmington, NC).
Others with an East Coast connection: one who's from Boston but now in L.A.; one who was born in Miami, lived in New York and now lives in L.A.; one who was born in Seoul and moved to CT as a child and then grew up in Illinois; and one who was adopted from Korea at 6 months, raised in VT then moved to Colorado.

Seems like they used some of the "losers" during their casting call for Survivor Cook Islands rather than sweat it out to find more people...

A Tribe siggie

01-16-07, 04:09 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Breakdown of Cast..."
With the news of one contestant apparently quitting the day before starting the game, it seems that this was a Caucasian woman who dropped out.

Yep. One Melissa McNulty. TDT has her picture at the bottom of the Survivometer, as the first casualty:

http://www.truedorktimes.com/survivor_fiji/survivometer14.htm

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-07, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Breakdown of Cast..."
Wow. Mark Burnett must be steamed to have someone quit right before they start filming, especially when that someone is the designated hottie for the season.

Clicking on her picture on your link leads to her galery...
http://www.mellisamcnulty.com/index.html

Quite a family history...her grandpa invented cue cards!
http://www.mcnultynielsen.com/history.html

01-17-07, 12:07 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Breakdown of Cast..."
I wonder if she had to stay there with the Loser Lodgers for the duration, or if she was allowed to go home right away.

01-17-07, 12:16 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Breakdown of Cast..."
Hopefully they made her swim home back to L.A.

Or put her on an Fijian island by herself. You know how some of these Fijian islands have cannibals living on there... Tens of thousands of Survivor hopefuls have been trying to get onto the show and someone quits the day before the show starts?

A Tribe siggie

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-07, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Breakdown of Cast..."
Is this a new record, Ostening before the show even started filming?

We have an all-new interpretation of THE BIGGEST LOSER.

01-17-07, 12:45 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Breakdown of Cast..."
Tens of thousands of Survivor hopefuls have been trying to get onto the show

They don't cast people who actually want to be on the show anymore. Haven't you been paying attention?

01-17-07, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Breakdown of Cast..."
Certainly disappointing for the hopefuls who want to be there. Is it too late to send KO_Fan in her place???

I hope we find out why she quit. I am guess it was for business reasons. She seems to be fairly successful. Could there be some contract terms that she wasn't aware of until the last minute and couldn't abide by? I am surprised that there are actual pictures of her up on the net. I thought that usually this wasn't the case for contestants until after the show has aired (or maybe the difference is that most contestants just don't have notoriety before the show airs).

Could she have become ill right before shooting began? What if someone was injured in transit? When would it be too late to bring in an extra?

Could she have become pregnant?

01-17-07, 04:01 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Breakdown of Cast..."
Actually, the modeling pictures are from 2004 (that's the copyright date at the bottom of the website) and the family site, well, that's the family altogether not just Mellisa...

But I *am* surprised to see that TDT got the info. I really can't see why she quit other than she either chickened out at the last minute or got violently ill.

It can't be business-related or something to do with contracts because they'd have done all that in L.A. before departure to make sure all the i's were dotted and t's were crossed.

I always thought they had an alternate or two along with them in case of any last-minute dropouts but I guess CBS's budget cuts cut that out... Tina was a last-minute alternate in Survivor Australia when a contestant found out they were going to parachute out of a helicopter onto land at the start of the show and chickened out (ironically, they ended up just landing the helicopter - or was it a military plane? - instead of parachuting out) and she ended up winning the whole thing.

A Tribe siggie

01-17-07, 04:07 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Breakdown of Cast..."
The pictures may be old, but if it is her site (which it seems to be) then I wonder if part of the Survivor contract is to bring these down until after airing. She can't be the first to have have some public image and a website before the show, but I don't recall seeing many pictures of past survivors before the show airs.

It was a military plane. They did fly along for a while with the back open, which would have been scary to an acrophobe.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-07, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "She panicked"
I had the interview link posted in sexyshelley's fiji twist thread but this is what Jeff said about the player who quit:

Jeff Probst: "We brought alternates in the past. We had an alternate in "Cook Islands." Sundra was an alternate, and Sundra made it to the final four. But we only bring an alternate if we're worried about somebody. We weren't worried about anybody. We thought we had a solid group of people.

One woman, bless her heart, she just got overwhelmed and started panicking. We told her about how the show works and how you'll be a little isolated. It was just too much for her. Our psychologist talked to her. Our medical doctor talked to her. We went out and talked to her. There was just no way you could try to encourage her to stay on the show. She was not comfortable."

01-17-07, 04:46 PM (EST)
24. "Snakes"
Snakes might do that to me. From the previews they are in a real snaky area. I could see someone freaking out about being isolated with deadly snakes.

Thanks for the quote. I hadn't seen that.

Sonicbluebird 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-22-07, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonicbluebird Click to send private message to Sonicbluebird Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Boo"
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-07 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

I don't know if this helps anything or not, but I found this on Boo. http://www.iscfmma.com/ISCFAMRankings.htm He is listed as number 15 in the middle weight division.

Boo Bernis, Lafayette, Lousiana, USA, 2-0, 185, 6', 6-21-72, - (12-26-06)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •