The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State Of The Spoiling: Survivor Cook Islands, Episode 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-22-06, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State Of The Spoiling: Survivor Cook Islands, Episode 9"
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-06 AT 01:09 PM (EST)

Survivor: Cook Islands – Episode 10

Welcome to this week’s special Thanksgiving edition of the State of the Spoiling!

First, let’s get the brak brak basics out of the way.

We’ve had a couple of newcomers to the site in recent days, so it never hurts to review the RTW Community Guidelines to make sure we’re not stepping on anyone’s toes.

After you’ve had a chance to read the SOTS and consider the boot options, head on over to dabo’s vote thread to tell us who you think will be booted.

Edited to add: Oh, and if you're a Legion of Darnell follower (hi Emy! ), you can go here to see who he says will be booted.

With this being the thirteenth season of Survivor and the shark having jumped about five seasons ago, the show’s still going strong – no, not because the shark is worn out from jumping for so long, but mainly because it’s such a cheap show to produce in comparison to the sitcoms/dramas out there. I think it’s time for Ebenezer Burnett to get a reminder of the good things he’s got going for him.

Let’s meet the ghosts of Thanksgiving past, present and future!

Thanksgiving Past

We’re approached by a giant, well-stuffed turkey. Ah, it’s Richard Hatch.

We get a flashback to last week’s episode via the East Coast Update Thread and the excellent episode summary written by OFG.

Forehead brings us James Barber’s Episode 9 Insider. Not a lot revealed in there other than that it seems pretty obvious Yul’s trying to cop a feel with Becky and that we’re being described an image of “the final shot is of two white birds in a tree.” Hmmm.

PhillyBrat questions whether Brad slipped up during his TV Guide interview. What do you think? He seems to strongly imply that Yul and Becky goes a *lot* further in the game.

Thank you, Dicque, for your time to guide us through the flashbacks – and no, you’re not getting paid for doing this. Don’t want to put you back into jail, y’know, since you won’t pay any taxes… Yeah yeah, happy Thanksgiving to you too, pal!

Thanksgiving Present

For once, this season doesn’t seem like such a big turkey of a show – there might be a typical Pagonging currently in the works, but the twists brought about this season is making this year’s turkey taste considerably more palatable. So, Jonathan, since you’re the closest thing to a stuffed turkey this season with all your strutting around camp pecking on the other contestants, why don’t you take us through the present?

Jonathan: “Well okay. But I’m sure you’ve noticed that I’ve lost some weight since arriving on the Cook Islands.

“The title of this week’s episode is ‘Why Would You Trust Me?’ as brought to us by forehead. {Yes, Jonathan, why don’t you tell us in more detail?}

“Let’s take a look at the vidcap promos being offered up on a turkey serving platter: Flowerpower’s Episode 10 Preview Vidcaps and emydi’s Ep 10 Web Promo.

“After the web promos and vidcaps, what do we always have? Right-o… the misdirections! Chez brings us this week’s CBS misdirection thread

• One Survivor’s leadership style quickly begins to annoy their fellow tribemates, who would rather work at their own pace. This Survivor knows their team must work if they want to win the Immunity Challenge. Will they be able to motivate their tribe or will their pushy ways put them in jeopardy?

• When another shocking surprise is revealed to the Survivors, the lines are quickly drawn between tribemates. Will the Survivors stay true to their alliances or will this news stir up the game?

• Yul reveals the possession of the hidden Immunity Idol to a few select tribemates. How will this information affect his position around camp?

• One Survivor considers betraying their alliance at Tribal Council and voting out an ally, a decision that will cause drama back at camp. Which way do they vote?

“And before I go any further… YES… the tribes are merging.

“Estee brings us a discussion on Yul, Ozzy and the Idol, where there’s some good ideas going on whether Yul should share that he’s got the HII with certain others. NedraSue also started an earlier discussion on whether the others should Vote off Yul?

“And as always… you can never go wrong with reading and re-reading VerucaSalt’s After The Recap-The Players, The Game, The Editing-Cook Islands thread for as many times as it takes to fully absorb the many excellent theories currently going on. Grab a big turkey leg while you’re at it!"

Alright Jonathan, thanks and go sit down before we baste you with butter and pop you over a fire...

Thanksgiving Future

Well, what could be the future? If this show becomes a real turkey down the stretch to the F2 with the expected Pagonging over the next few episodes, why, we can have this turkey for Christmas!

Brownroach’s TDT’s Survivometer updates is always worth keeping an eye on, not only for current boot prospects but for future late-jury or final four possibilities.

Late breaking news! Forehead has posted a SurvivorPhoenix boot list! Interesting… a different F4 projection. Thanks for bringing it over here, forehead.

Another thread that is definitely worth keeping an eye on and has proven to make for an interesting discussion is Cathy the Canadian’s The Jury, Thoughts? thread. Which way is the jury likely going to lean with certain people in the final two (or three)?

Next week’s episode title? You’re a rat. Seems pretty cut-and-dried that this is going to be Candice’s turn to get tossed out onto the street.

In summary… It’s Nate’s ass that is at the top of the totem pole for this week’s boot as Jonathan appears to be pulled over or jumping back to the Aitus after the merge, tying in with the title of this episode, “Why Would You Trust Me?” Why Nate? He’s probably the biggest threat on the Raros alongside Adumb, but Adumb has original alliance partners in Jonathan, Parvati and Candice so he’s sticking around a while.

Sorry, Nate. I liked you.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone south of the border! And to Canadians as well… no reason why we can’t get even more turkey.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor... Scarlett O Hara 11-22-06 1
 RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor... emydi 11-22-06 2
 RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor... Brownroach 11-22-06 3
 RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor... forehead 11-22-06 4
 RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor... michel 11-22-06 5
 RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor... Flowerpower 11-22-06 6
 RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor... Outfrontgirl 11-22-06 7
 RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor... Georgianna 11-22-06 8
 RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor... Wallflower66 11-23-06 9
 RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor... strid333 11-23-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-22-06, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor Cook Islands, Episode 9"
It's Pepelicious!

A fabulous job Pepe. You have to sign up for these things more often! It's like the Master is showing his little apprentices how to do a SOTS! Thanks so much. I particularly liked the Past/Present/Future context!

Thanks so much, Sugar!

Happy Thanksgiving all!!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-06, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor Cook Islands, Episode 9"
Very nice SOTS Pepe!

Thanks for stepping up during the Holiday week Pepe. Now you need to show up in our little world more often!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor Cook Islands, Episode 9"
Great job, Pepe!

And Happy Thanksgiving to all the spoilers here!

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-22-06, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor Cook Islands, Episode 9"
Superb SOTS, Pepe!

Outstanding past, present, and future coverage!

Thanks, forehead

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-06, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor Cook Islands, Episode 9"
That was a great presentation Pepe. You're a real Pro!

As a fellow Canadian, I also want to wish:

Happy Thanskgiving

to all my American friends.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-06, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor Cook Islands, Episode 9"
AHHHHH Pepe! Thanks so much for the simply delightful SOTS, past, present, and future! I lvoed it! Where oh where has our Dicque gone? Those were the days! But, I must admit, I am really enjoying the twists that are being employed this season, and I can't wait to see Nate go! Thanks so much for the well wishes for all of us South of the Border!

fp

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-06, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor Cook Islands, Episode 9"
Pepe! Very filling!

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-22-06, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor Cook Islands, Episode 9"
Pepe,

Thank you for a masterful distillation of this week's noteworthy analyses. And Happy Birthday!

G

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-23-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor Cook Islands, Episode 9"
Thanks for a terrific SOTS, Pepe!

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-23-06, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State Of The Spoiling: Survivor Cook Islands, Episode 9"
Excellent summary of what happened.

Three is the perfect number.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •