The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 9 Insider"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-17-06, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 9 Insider"
Usual thanks to James Barber

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=19254.topic

Votes after Rebecca's final words, followed by Yul offering his HII to Becky...

REBECCA'S FINAL WORDS

Though she expected to be eliminated soon, it's still tough for Rebecca to swallow the fact that she was voted out.

"I am so bummed to be going home. It was such a great ride while I was out there. I just felt I had so much more to give going forward. It hurts to be voted off. I had a feeling when Jonathan and Candice came over from the other tribe, my time was going to be limited on my own tribe, cause they already had such strong bonds and alliances. I was right, that's exactly what happened. They decided to go with who they already bonded with and vote me off, and it hurts. I still was a player, and I had some down times out here while I was getting to know myself a little bit better. At the same time, I dug myself out and I got stronger and I was ready to compete and I still was competing in my heart, and my soul, and my gut. To have that stripped from you just makes you feel really bad. But it's all part of the game - you know there's going to be a lot of backstabbing and blindsiding going on and you have to take it with a grain of salt. I can only be proud of all that I've done while I was out here for these 25 days and use this towards with all my future goals and career goals and take all that I got from this game and just embody it, and grow, and better myself down the road. I wish everybody on my tribe good luck going forward. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hurt, but I recognize it's part of the game, and I'm sure they'll do well. If they're stronger without having me on their team, then it works out to their benefit."

(cut)

"I feel a little bit betrayed because if there was one thing I always said to my tribemates it was if you're gonna vote me off, tell me. They all said they would. There were a few people I trusted more than others, like Jenny and Nate, especially Nate, when we came together from day 1 and struggled together for five days and fought and fought. I would have thought they would have said, 'We're going to vote you off instead of Jonathan because we think Jonathan's a stronger player than you.' I would be lying if I said Jonathan wasn't a stronger player. He's a man, so he's a stronger swimmer than I am, and he's a better fisherman. I wanted someone to just come and tell me. But I understand that they couldn't. I know it's hard to say to someone face-to-face that we're going to vote you off. I said to everyone in my tribe that I would tell them. There were times when we voted people off and I went up to them face-to-face and told them, 'You're going to go home, and this is why you're going home.' I would have liked the same courtesy and I didn't get that tonight, but I knew in my gut I was going to be the one voted off. I wasn't too surprised. I could see the alliances getting stronger when Jonathan and Candice came over to our camp, with me feeling like more of an outcast. I knew my days were numbered. I just felt like I was so close; we were going to go into a merge sometime soon, and I was going to be able to compete some more. That was the only reason I came out of this because competing was so much fun. So yeah, on that part of it, I'm disappointed in them. We had stressed so much alliance, alliance, final five, and I thought I was part of that final five. I see now that I wasn't. It's all part of the game, and they want to move forward; they thought they couldn't do that with me. It hurts, but you get over it. Any type of pain you experience in life only makes you stronger in the future. It's OK."

(cut)

"I took away from this experience a lot of highs and lows. There were times I realized I'm a lot more mentally strong than I am physically strong. Out here was the first time I experienced my body really shutting down on me. My mind and my brain so powerful and so involved in the game and loving Survivor and the experience of it, yet my body at some point in time could not keep up with where my mind was going with it. That was really difficult for me. For the first time, I actually felt my age out here, and I realized, 'You know what? I'm not 21 or 22 anymore.' I was competing with a lot people that were a lot younger than me, and I could keep up, but I definitely felt that exhaustion take over my body. But my mind and my heart and my gut was so into it, and so loving it, and loving the experience of it. The fact that I got to do things I've never done before, like gut a chicken or gut a fish or go fishing for my own food was something I will hold dear and near to my heart. I know when I go back to the big city, and my career, I will be so much stronger, and if I thought my skin was thick back then, boy is it a lot thicker now. This whole experience has made me a stronger individual. I'm proud of how far I came, and that I get to be on the jury. I know I will always be remembered for some of the good things that I've done. It was a joy. It was a joy. And I'm glad that I did it."

TRIBAL COUNCIL

Get a look at Raro's votes during the double Tribal Council.

VOTE #1

CANDICE (Rebecca - everyone but Rebecca voted for Rebecca): This is not a personal vote. This is only to keep the tribe strong for challenges. I wish you all the best.

JENNY: You did great today, but I'm so sorry, this is based on overall opinion of productivity and performance in the challenges. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you.

PARVATI: You just haven't been pulling your weight around camp, and I think you've come as far as you want to go in this game. Sorry. Miss you.

JONATHAN: This is just about productivity. I've been with the tribe 4 days and only this afternoon did I see anything from you. You didn't seem ready to step up, you didn't seem like you wanted to be here. So, good luck.

REBECCA (Jonathan): Jonathan, I think you're a great guy, you just came into the game too late.

ADAM: You're a great woman, and it's been a pleasure to have you around camp, but you don't do much around camp, and you don't produce during the challenges.

NATE: Nothing but love, but you are the weakest link right now. I have to do what's best for the tribe.

VOTE #2

CANDICE (Jenny): Wow. I don't know what to say. I hope this is the right vote, but this is crazy.

JENNY (Jonathan): You're a great guy and I respect your work ethic, but I'm sorry, it just had to be done.

NATE (Jonathan): I'm sorry, brother. It's nothing personal, but you're the last person I don't trust.

PARVATI (Jenny): This really sucks. I totally don't want to vote you tonight. I don't know what else to do. We gotta keep Jonathan around because he's feeding us and he's making us strong. I'm really gonna miss you. I'm sorry.

JONATHAN (Jenny): Nothing personal. It's probably gonna be you and me; I'd rather it be you. Sorry.

ADAM (Jenny): Ugh. I hate to do this. You're such a great competitor and I want to keep you around. It was a shock to me that we had to vote someone else off. I'm sorry.

YUL OFFERS UP THE IDOL

As Aitu studies for the immunity challenge, Yul offers the idol to a stunned Becky.

(Aitu, Day 23)

YUL (reading the end of treemail): ...and for the losers, Tribal Council woes. Islands of the Pacific. (everyone looks at the map) We have to memorize the map.

OZZY (to Sundra): Alright, lady, let's see what you got.

(Sundra, Ozzy, and Yul rattle off various islands)

YUL (solo): At this point, we're tight as a team, but my biggest #1 fear is we're going to lose our immunity challenge. It's going to be tough because we need to stay strong. For me it's personally going to throw me into a personal dilemma because we'll have to decide who to vote off.

(Yul goes to talk to Becky)

YUL (to Becky): I feel like my friendship with you is of a quality different from anything in this game...

YUL (solo): I've been giving a lot of thought to how I'll use the idol. I'd rather not use it to save my skin just one time. If I'm just going to get booted out again, it was a waste to use it that way.

YUL (to Becky): The only thing I'm thinking is, anyone's chances of making it farther are so slim, it'd be a waste to lose the idol and not use it. I want one of us to go forward with the best chance possible. I'd be willing to give you the idol, and forfeit. If it's not me, I want you to win.

BECKY: No. No. No.

YUL: I don't want to sacrifice a friendship. I want to give you the best chance.

BECKY: No. For real, Yul, I would definitely not want you do that at all.

YUL: I'm serious. I don't want it to ever get to a situation where we're competing against each other. In that situation I'd rather you go forward.

BECKY: I want you to know that I would not let you do that. I would not let you do that. I would not let you default and do that. I'd rather keep of us that we're going to keep on winning, winning, winning, and the merge happens, and we'll keep on going that route. I know that's always a possibility, the default thing.

YUL: I'm really sincere in saying that I want us to be friends.

BECKY: No, even if I...

YUL: That it means more to me...

BECKY: I know, and that's why I'm saying that being a true friend, I wouldn't let a person do that.

(the final shot is of two white birds in a tree)

JENNY'S FINAL WORDS

A blindsided Jenny is angry as she delivers her final words after Raro's double elimination.

"To be honest, I am completely pissed off about tonight's vote. First off, it was very hard for me to vote Rebecca off. I adored her, respected her, and again I felt bad I did not have the opportunity to tell her we were voting her off. And then in some twist in a bottle, I got voted off because the note said after voting one off you have to vote another. I thought I was secure in the alliance that I had, had already discussed anything further with the people in the alliance, Nate, Parvati and Adam, outside of Rebecca, thinking I would be along for the ride a little bit longer. I did see myself going far in this game, but I should have expected it when Jonathan and Candice stepped over to our Raro tribe. They obviously had a much better bond, Candice especially with Adam. Jonathan, he just did a great job pulling his own weight just to prove himself in our new Raro tribe. I respect that but in the end I feel completely burned, because I was blindsided and too trusting. Had I known there would be two voted out tonight I would have done everything possible to ensure I would still be in this game."

(cut)

"I don't think there was a single ringleader. I bet they've already discussed it, Nate, Parvati, and Adam. They probably discussed if it came down to it would it be me or Jonathan, and they chose to vote me off. I'm quite disappointed because I've been there with them a little bit longer, they got to know me, my game, and they know I came out 110% for each challenge. But they felt that with their numbers, and still having to face Aitu, they needed another guy. It's disappointing, but I guess I have to respect that decision. There's nothing I can do about it now."

(cut)

"After 24 days out here, I realized I'm a lot stronger than I thought I was. I'm a lot more reselient, I'm a lot more mentally and completely physically strong. I was very proud of each time I faced a challenge, how I put out every single effort that I had competitively, moreso than I've ever done back home. I've proved to myself that I'm capable of things a lot greater. It was very hard to go through these past 24 days. It was a strain on mentally, strain on you physically, but I've learned I'm pretty reselient, and I've learned anything that comes my way I'll be able to tackle it headstrong."

(cut)

"For right now, at this point, having just been kicked off, I'm pretty bitter about things. The few moments I had just before this moment I was thinking, 'Oh God, I don't even know if I can give them my vote.' I know it's part of the game, and it was a situation where they were kind of stuck. Again, down the line I think they figured I wouldn't be a part of that picture. When it comes to jury, I don't know, they're going to have to prove it to me now after losing my trust, see if they can gain it back for me. Whatever they're doing on a daily basis, how they're reacting with other people."

(cut)

"Just wanted to say to Don and Casey (?), my family and friends, I'm sorry I didn't make it very far in this game, I tried my best, and I hope I made you proud."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 9 Insider frisky 11-17-06 1
   RE: Ep 9 Insider forehead 11-17-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-17-06, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 9 Insider"
Thanks, forehead. I always look forward to reading the insider.

Thoughts:

Yul: WTF is he thinking? Using it to keep himself safe is wasting it when he's just going to get voted off the next time, but that's not the case with Becky? Is he just trying to get some or what?

Jenny: I kind of feel sorry for her. She pretty much got "Rhino'ed" by a twist.

Nate: Again, we see that he is definitely NOT on the same page as Parvati. Her allegiance is clearly with Adam and Candice.

Rolly made this.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-17-06, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 9 Insider"
"Yul: WTF is he thinking? Using it to keep himself safe is wasting it when he's just going to get voted off the next time, but that's not the case with Becky? Is he just trying to get some or what?"

I know, frisky

Becky declined the offer though. Which adds fuel to the 'Aitu 4 in it together till the end, whoever needs the HII will have at TC'.

And note, that James offered:
"(the final shot is of two white birds in a tree)"

Ohh emy, "two white birds"...

forehead

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •