The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Signs of Survival: Cook Islands"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-19-06, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Signs of Survival: Cook Islands"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-06 AT 08:04 AM (EST)

Given the unbridled enthusiasm – not – generated by Signs of Survival: Exile Island and the annoying habit that the rest of my life has of truncating the public appearances of its little pleasures, I had not intended that Signs of Survival: Cook Islands see the light of a hard-drive’s day other than that of my own.

And that is not to mention the embarrassing and frustrating fact that the Final Nine model based upon my own non-traditional grouping of the Sun Signs – Superiors, Subordinates and Soloists – that appeared in Signs of Survival: Exile Island (unlike that of Signs of Survival: Guatemala) was really, really wrong. And that thread’s model based upon the traditional grouping –Cardinal, Fixed and Mutable – was also (albeit it only slightly so) still wrong. So, part of my reluctance to begin this thread was that I haven’t yet even attempted a post mortem of the last.

And, being the procrastinating, itchy-footed Sagittarian that I am, I may never get around to dissecting Exile Island. So, at least for now, I’ve just added that season’s stats to an evolving data base (if statistics were static, life would truly be unbearably predictable wouldn’t it ?) and decided to type merrily along to The Cooks where Survivor’s producers obligingly (and to me, irresistibly) assembled yet another collection of deprived and bribed tribes-in-turmoil peopled by stereotypical personalities rather then by more nuanced/complex characters. And this season, for all of its ‘social experiment’/‘ethnic diversity’ pretensions, they have outdone themselves in their heroic efforts to leave no cardboard uncut.

In fact …

I think that it is safe to say that a Burnett & Company ensemble of twenty contestants initially assigned to one of four tribes comprised of five Singaporean-Sioux, five Puerto Rican-Paiute, five Kenyan-Kiowa and five Andorran-Apache would present a no more or less challenging puzzle than does Cook Islands’ contingent of hyphenated humans. But we would, then, have had some ‘real’ Americans chewing up the tropical scenery …

And that is safe to say, of course, because a Sun Sign type (and there are, regardless of the individual’s patina or passport, – I’m a sort of Taupe-American, myself – only twelve of them in the whole wide world) is a Sun Sign type and a Survivor admixed tribe of ‘em is a Survivor admixed tribe of ‘em. More or less.

But, in that “more or less”, dwells each season’s editorial scheme and thus the degree of difficulty of its spoiling (assuming that the object of the exercise is to identify, in advance of its conclusion, the game’s winners and losers). Was its cast initially assembled to make a ‘point’ (more challenging/confusing because the game itself and the fate of its individual players are incidental to the ‘point’) or were its performers handpicked to play themselves in a montage of melodramas (less challenging/confusing because the game and the fate of its players are the ‘point’)? And did its subsequent edit of actual behaviors and events fall neatly into predicted place (less challenging/confusing) or did errant events and inexplicable behaviors compel many and/or major revisions before the final product aired (more challenging/confusing).

Note: In the latter case – when whatever personality-profiling methods that CBS employs to cast its reality offerings jump up and bite the corporate arse – its soothsayers aren’t precluded from surreptitiously avoiding public humiliation by a tattletale “Last edited on …” emblazoned at the top of the screen …

And on that note:

Statistical comparisons of Cook Islands’ cast mix vis a vis those of the past twelve seasons indicate that the two it most closely mirrors are those of Africa and Palau: both seasons that featured early and durable alliances. Moreover, they indicate that a Superior (Cancer, Capricorn, Leo and Scorpio) will be its Sole Survivor. However, they also indicate that the Cook Islands’ winner will be either a Capricorn or a Scorpio. So, from a field of twenty, the beginning list of viable candidates for that title was pared to three. And torch-snuffing rites have narrowed it to two.

In addition, it is virtually a certainty that the Final Two will be composed of the (winning) Capricorn or Scorpio and a Subordinate (a Pisces, Taurus or Virgo – there are no Gemini in the cast). And attrition has pared that original nine to six.

All of which is not good news for the Leos, the Cancer, the Sagittarius, the Aquarians and the Aries who answered a call to the colors.

Anyway …

If you believe Jeff Probst’s contention that making a sociological ‘point’ was a spontaneous reaction to, and not the impetus for, the composition of its cast, then Cook Islands’ is going to be a tough nut to crack. However, I don’t have the slightest doubt that, if that were the case, the Forum’s talented contributors would be up to the task: you are well on your way as it is.

But I don’t believe Jeff Probst. The initial tribes were, with one exception (and I think that that exception was very deliberate), much too meticulously internally-balanced by personality type to be the afterthought to a commitment to ethnic diversity that the host pretends them to be.

So, I think that while the spoiling task is made more difficult because the more familiar editorial format – the seductive concealment, conspiratorial revelation and mystery-shrouded culmination of the conflicts, alliances and fates of players who are at its outset almost always strangers to Survivor’s worldwide audience and in whom the vast majority of its members do not have a vested interest – has been replaced by a sunshine edit (lest it be, as one of our posters has wisely noted, deemed prejudicial) of tribes in which the vast majority of the members of the audience do have a casual-to-compelling interest (The Melting Pot’s racial discords versus its racial harmonies are nothing if not a globally bandied ‘point’), it is made easier by the fact that, thus far, the edit does not appear to have been improvisational: everything and everyone seems to be on cue.

In short …

Because the show’s producers have, this season, bet the proverbial farm that the transparent direction of a presumably already-rapt audience’s attention to ethnic conflict and cooperation is a sure path to improved market share (Witness: the virtual advertisement of the Hispanics’ amputation of Billy), as many of you have noted, some of the standard analytical tools employed in the past to crack Survivor’s editing façade may be less useful this season than they have been in the past. And I don’t think that, with the interim mergers of the four original tribes, we have seen the last of its ‘ethnic’ smokescreen.

But, if everyone continues to deftly sift ‘point’ from ‘person’ until the two are, in one instance, inseparable (as, I think, they are in Sundra’s quote noted by Corvis in the Editing thread at the conclusion of the first episode), I am certain that the Board will have named the winner before intermission.

And (if tonight's boot discussions are any indication), since we seem to be at the waning of what I fear is a rather small window of smoke-free opportunity (I don’t think we’re going to get a whole lot more ‘character development’ this season), I thought it would be a good time to introduce the twenty members of the cast as one genre of personality tests 'sees' them. I think you’ll recognize every one. And I hope that getting to know them will be useful.

All of the Signs are here. Because I think that who is missing from, or in, action tells its own spoiling tale.

Just fill in the blanks. The answers are not at the bottom of the post …

Cancer
Capricorn
Leo
Scorpio

CANCER (Superior/Cardinal)
Survivor Alumni
Jenna L., Kelly W., Rodger B., Frank, Hunter, Gabriel, Tammy, Leann, James, Cindy, Danni, Cirie, Nick (and Mark Burnett)

SURVIVORS FINAL 9FINAL 4/FINAL 2SOLE SURVIVORS
10(71%)
4(28%)/2(14%)
1(7%)
WOMEN
MEN

Cancers are never truly happy unless they have someone or something to care for and their innate understanding of human emotion allows them to see through the pretenses of other signs and lend encouragement, support or sympathy when needed. It is amazing to discover how many July-born have acquired the appendage – ‘good ol'– to their names.

But there is a private, reclusive part to every Cancer. Because of their extreme emotional sensitivity, they fear ridicule and would rather retreat than defend themselves. And there is always lurking in the background of their personalities a foreboding of disaster.

However, if Cancers can reconcile the personal conflict of their urge to be outgoing with the reserve that causes them to withdraw into themselves, then at best they can inspire a generation, especially the youthful part of it, by their idealism. They also have a penchant for trade or business and are often successful as a captain of industry. This is because they are excellent organizers with a good sense of value and economy that they may combine with a flair for invention and originality.

Positive Traits
Emotional and loving. Intuitive and imaginative. Shrewd and cautious. Protective and sympathetic.

Negative Traits
Changeable and moody. Overemotional and touchy. Clinging and unable to let go.

In Survivor: Cook Islands
Stephannie

CAPRICORN (Superior/Cardinal)
Survivor Alumni
Greg B., BB, Ramona, Rudy, Kel, Tina, Linda, Kathy, Peter, Rob M., Clay, Ted, Ghandia, Erin, Jeanne, Dave, Michelle, Eliza, Tom W., Gregg C., Rafe, Jim, Lydia and Dan

15(54%)
9(32%)/4(14%)
2(7%)
WOMEN
MEN

Capricorn is one of the most stable and serious of the zodiac types. These independent, rocklike characters have many sterling qualities. They are normally confident, strong willed and calm. They are the major finishers of most projects begun by the 'pioneering' signs.

But, while they have a great respect for authority, they may not be willing to listen to the opinions and suggestions of others. And as the ranking authority figure in a given situation they expect their underlings to be as self- disciplined as they themselves are and to perform every task undertaken to the highest standard. They are often humorless. There is also a tendency to pessimism and melancholy that many Capricorns are unable to keep to themselves: especially if they fail personally.

And mood swings are not the only reason Capricorns deserve the adjective based on their name - capricious. They can be surprisingly and suddenly witty and subtle for the quiet, reserved individuals they seem to be. But they also have a tendency to ruin things by unexpected and utterly irresponsible bouts of flippancy.

Additionally, Capricorns are very status-minded. Even if their immediate finances don't permit an extravagant lifestyle, January-born can unconsciously adopt the mores, attitudes and mannerisms of the elite. The trappings of success are important to these natives not only for personal pleasure but also for the impression they can make on others.

Positive Traits
Practical and prudent. Ambitious and disciplined. Patient and careful. Humorous and reserved.

Negative Traits
Pessimistic and fatalistic. Miserly and grudging. Overly conventional and rigid.

Cecilia and Sundra

LEO (Superior/Fixed)
Survivor Alumni
Susan, Stacey, Amber, Sarah, Sean R., Jake, Shawna, Matthew, Sandra, Andrew, Ryan O., Tijuana, Mia, Chad, Caryn, Brooke S., Gary and Bobby

11(55%)
4(20%)/3(15%)
2(10%)
WOMEN
MEN

It is a Leo’s birthright to lead, and they'll naturally assume center stage without being asked. However, if that authority is questioned, they may abandon a project entirely. Outgoing, spontaneously warm-hearted and plain-spoken (but poor judges of character), Leos are more disillusioned than the average if let down by those they trust.

And, since Leos simply can't function if they're not in a position to lead, they'll brood until that status has been reinstated. However, even after they discover that they've been duped or abandoned, most Leos are too big about it to retaliate. Because they are incapable of actions that are in any way mean, base or underhanded, they have difficulty in recognizing those traits in others. In activities where these lower qualities are essential for success, the majority of Leos tend not to succeed.
And because they see a project in it's grandest perspective, Leo natives have a disdain for details: their chief attribute in any group situation is the unique capacity for the overall manipulation of resources to produce a desired result. So it is not surprising that more wealth is found under Leo than under any other sun sign.

On the whole they are powers for good, for they are strongly idealistic, humane, and beneficent. They have powerful intelligence and are of a broad philosophical, sometimes religious, turn of mind. Those who are devout may be very obstinate in upholding traditional beliefs and will cling tenaciously, but with complete sincerity, to practices and doctrines that liberal thinkers regard as absurdly out-of-date.

However, a Leo’s faults can be as large in scale as are his virtues, and an excessively negative Leo can be a very unpleasant human being. These Leos will not hesitate to use cunning, lies and trickery to discredit their adversaries. Narcissism, greed for flattery, bombast, pomposity and snobbish superiority can also be characteristic of Leo.

Positive Traits
Generous and warmhearted. Creative and enthusiastic. Broadminded and expansive. Faithful and loving.

Negative Traits
Pompous and patronizing. Bossy and interfering. Dogmatic and intolerant.

Adam and Nathan

SCORPIO (Superior/Fixed)
Survivor Alumni
Gervase, Kimmi, Tom B., Ethan, Stephanie D., Jan, Heidi, Janet, Christa, Trish, Scout, Rory, Dolly, Brook G., Jolanda, Amy, Brianna, Tina and Jeff Probst

8(40%)
4(20%)/1(5%)
1(5%)
WOMEN
MEN

Scorpios are the most intense, profound and powerful characters in the zodiac. There is a harnessed aggression, an immense forcefulness, magnetic intensity and often strangely hypnotic personality in their tranquil, but watchful, composure.
Yet they are deeply sensitive and easily moved by their emotions. And that sensitivity, together with a propensity for extreme likes and dislikes, make them easily hurt: quick to detect or imagine insult or injury to themselves and easily aroused to ferocious anger. And because they relate to their fellows only as leaders, they can be blunt to those they dislike to the point of cruelty.

Fortunate that their strong reasoning powers are tempered with imagination and intuition and that these gifts are usually accompanied by critical perception and analytical capacity, Scorpios often find fulfillment in the ice-cold self-control and detachment of the surgeon or soldier and the concentration of the research scientist. And any profession in which investigation and analysis are relevant may attract these charismatic "twice-born" characters. They may also become masters of the written and spoken word. This sun sign includes among its natives more geniuses than does any other.

At the other extreme is the procrastinator: the man or woman who is capable of so much that they do nothing and become indolent and self-indulgent: requiring extravagant praise and flattery from those whom they make their cronies.

Positive Traits
Determined and forceful. Emotional and intuitive. Powerful and passionate. Exciting and magnetic.

Negative Traits
Jealous and resentful. Compulsive and obsessive. Secretive and obstinate.

Candice

Gemini
Pisces
Taurus
Virgo

GEMINI (Subordinate/Mutable)
Survivor Alumni
Dirk, Elisabeth, Debb, Lex, Carl, John C., Robert D., Ken, Katie, Margaret, Courtney, Danielle and Melinda

9(64%)
4(28%)/2(14%)
WOMEN
MEN

Gemini, the sign of the Twins, is dual-natured, elusive, complex and contradictory. To them, life is a game that must always be full of fresh moves and continuous entertainment and free of labor and routine.

Their good qualities are attractive and come easily to them. They are affectionate, courteous, kind, generous, and thoughtful - provided none of the activities resulting from expressing these traits interferes too greatly with their own lives and comforts. And in social situations, even at their worst they are never dull - there is usually playfulness below the surface and they can be exhilarating conversationalists.

But, like chameleons, they reflect every change in their environment and can become pessimistic, sullen, peevish and self-centered prattlers, boasters, liars and cheats if circumstances force them to struggle in any way.

Gemini have a keen and intuitive intelligence. They love cerebral challenges and their mental agility and energy give them a voracious appetite for knowledge (though they dislike the labor of learning). So that, although their intellect is strongly analytical and sometimes gives them so great an ability to see both sides of a question that they vacillate and find it hard to make decisions, their cleverness and ingenuity may also very well be used to control and unify the duality of their natures into a most efficient unit. If faced with difficulties, they have little determination to worry at a problem until they find a solution - they will pick the brains of others.

Any work that combines quick-wittedness with a change of surroundings suits Gemini. They are often skilled manipulators of language and are usually very successful diplomats, academics, authors, poets, journalists and lawyers (albeit they are more brilliant than profound and more interested in theory than in practice). And any and every sales venue is, of course, sweet home to them.

Positive Traits
Adaptable and versatile. Communicative and witty. Intellectual and eloquent. Youthful and lively.

Negative Traits
Nervous and tense. Superficial and inconsistent. Cunning and inquisitive.

Regrettably (because their peek-a-boo personalities intrigue me), there are no Gemini in this season’s cast.

PISCES (Subordinate/Mutable)
Survivor Alumni
Mitchell, Paschal, Zoe, Brian H., John R., Jon, Kimberly, Jennifer, Ibrehem and Misty

5(50%)
4(40%)/1(10% )
1(10%)
WOMEN
MEN

Pisceans are deservedly popular with all kinds of people in part because their easygoing, affectionate, malleable and submissive natures offer no threat or challenge to stronger and more exuberant characters. But they will not be able to maintain for very long friendships or associations with those who are too materialistic.

And because their natures are often too otherworldly for practical purposes (they tend to exist emotionally rather than rationally and instinctively rather than intellectually), the nine-to-five life is not easy for them.

The challenge to Pisces natives, then, is to somehow integrate their affinity with the more subtle planes into constructive working relationships. Fortunately, Pisceans are usually versatile and intuitive; quickly master new skills; observe and listen well; and are receptive to new ideas and atmospheres. And all these factors can combine to produce remarkable creativity in literature, music and art. Similarly, in medicine and social work, Pisceans find an outlet for their compassion and mercy while their professional statures curb the likelihood of their being taken advantage of. And, if they're typical March-born, they are not elitists: saint, sinner, murderer, thief, liar, rich or poor - deserving or undeserving - the Piscean instinctively recognizes the worth of the individual and can overlook the apparent causes of their circumstances.

However, they are better working either by themselves or in subordinate positions. Most would be afraid to manage more than a small department, worrying always that they would fail in a crisis.

Positive Traits
Imaginative and sensitive. Compassionate and kind. Selfless and unworldly. Intuitive and sympathetic.

Negative Traits
Escapist and idealistic. Secretive and vague. Weak-willed and easily led.

Jonathan

TAURUS (Subordinate/Fixed)
Survivor Alumni
Alicia, Kelly G., Teresa, Diane, Helen, Penny, JoAnna, Alex, Darrah, Lisa, John P., Bobby Jon, Janu, Blake, Ashlee and Austin

11(61%)
2(11%)/0
WOMEN
MEN

The Taurus characteristics are solidity, practicality, extreme determination and strength of will - no one will ever drive them, but they will willingly and loyally follow a leader they trust. They are stable, balanced, conservative and law-abiding citizens and lovers of peace (possessing all the best qualities of the bourgeoisie). They will do everything in their power to maintain the security of the status quo.

So, on rare occasions a Taurus may be an obstinately and exasperatingly self-righteous, unoriginal, rigid, ultraconservative, argumentative and querulous bore: stuck in a self-centered rut. And, whether their characters are positive or negative, they need someone to stroke their egos with a frequent, "Well Done!" Luckily, Taurus have a knack for attracting praise. It is amazing how people will bend over backwards to please them.

They are faithful and generous friends with a great capacity for affection. But they rarely establish intimacies outside their social rank (to which they are ordinarily excessively loyal). And in the main, they are gentle, even-tempered, good-natured, modest and slow to anger. If they are provoked, however, they can explode into violent, uncontrolled outbursts. Equally unexpected are their occasional sallies into humor and exhibitions of fun.

The Taurus has a strong aesthetic taste. And allied to his appreciation of all things beautiful is a love for the good things of life: pleasure, comfort, luxury and good food and wine.

In their work, Taurus are industrious and ambitious: unafraid of getting their hands dirty and at their best in routine positions of trust and responsibility where there is little need of urgency, little risk of change and a pension at the end. Yet they are creative and are also often founders of enterprises where the fruits are of their own labors.

Positive Traits
Patient and reliable. Warmhearted and loving. Persistent and determined. Placid and security loving.

Negative Traits
Jealous and possessive. Resentful and inflexible. Self-indulgent and greedy.

Billy and Jenny

VIRGO (Subordinate/Mutable)
Survivor Alumni
Jerri, Kim J., Lindsey, Robb Z., Butch, Christy, Nicole, Shawn, Chris, Coby, Ian, and Judd

8(62%)
4(31%)/2(15%)
1(8%)
WOMEN
MEN

Virgo is the only sun sign represented by a female and it is sometimes thought of as a delicate young girl and sometimes as an intelligent, but rather pedantic and spinsterish, older woman. The latter impression is sometimes confirmed by the Virgo’s precision, refinement, fastidiousness, conventionality and aristocratic attitude of reserve. They are usually observant, shrewd, critically-inclined, judicious, patient and practical.

Both sexes have considerable charm and dignity and in their unassuming, cheerful and agreeable fashion, they can be sensible, discreet, well-spoken, wise and witty. But while in many respects Virgos are the epitome of social grace and propriety, their sterling etiquette is more apt to be scripted than spontaneous: the result of careful thought and hours of mental practice.

Intellectually, Virgo is enquiring, methodical and logical, studious and teachable. They combine mental ingenuity with the ability to produce a clear analysis of the most complicated problems. Thoroughness, hard work and conscientiousness are their hallmarks. They have an excellent eye for detail but they may be so meticulous that they neglect larger issues. And, because of their ability to see every angle of a multi-faceted problem, they are as unhappy with abstract theories as they are with intractable philosophies: placing no confidence in either.

Moreover, for as much as his intellect aids analysis, it also abets the Virgo’s compulsion to criticize. Nothing escapes these perfectionists’ eyes. And in their scrutiny of incongruities, these natives leave no stone … nor anyone … unexamined: as critical, and unforgiving, of themselves as they are of others. So that they may bring the art of self-concealment to a high pitch (hiding their apprehensions about themselves and their often considerable sympathy with other people under the mantle of an undemonstrative clinician) with the result that they shrink from committing themselves to friendship, make few relationships, and are careful to keep those they do make superficial.

Given their qualities, Virgos are much more effective in subordinate rather than leadership positions. Responsibility irks them and they often lack the breadth of strategic vision that leadership requires. They are essentially tacticians and excel at the attainment of limited objectives: needing the stimuli of immediacy and prestige attendant to specialization.

Positive Traits
Modest and shy. Meticulous and reliable. Practical and diligent. Intelligent and analytical.

Negative Traits
Fussy and a worrier. Overcritical and harsh. Perfectionist and conservative.

Becky , JP , Ozzy , Parvati , Rebecca
and Sekou

Aquarius
Aries
Libra
Sagittarius

AQUARIUS (Soloists/Fixed)
Survivor Alumni
Gretchen, Sonja, Keith, Michael, Maralyn, Brandon Q., Silas, Gina, Neleh, Shii Ann, Deena, Jenna M., Ryan A., Rupert, Ami, Travis, Jeff W., Brian C., Jamie, Brandon B.

10(43%)
4(17%)/2(9%)
1(4%)
WOMEN
MEN

Noted for their altruistic and progressive natures, Aquarians possess strong-willed, forceful and attractive personalities that present themselves as one or the other of two core types: the first shy, sensitive, gentle and patient; the second exuberant, lively and exhibitionist. Both types are humane, frank, serious-minded, genial, refined and often ethereal and idealistic (though this last quality is tempered with a sensible practicality). And both – because Aquarians also possess an innate appreciation of diversity and a sustaining confidence in their own convictions – are extremely tolerant of the behaviors and opinions of others.

There is, however, a bit of rebellion in every visionary Aquarian. Quick, active and persevering (usually interacting with others with reason, moderation and good humor), the Aquarian’s distain for the status quo – unlike the social activism of Sagittarius or the overt revolt of Aries – is most usually held in check by a quiet optimism: that things, given time and patient crusade, will improve. Rather, his more subtle rebellion most usually manifests itself in unconventional dress or grooming, erratic behaviors and wry (but devastating) sarcasm.

Moreover, despite the magnetic, forthcoming and open personality of the extrovert Aquarian and the humanistic traits of both types, neither makes friends readily. They do not give themselves easily - perhaps their judgment of human nature is too good for that - and are sometimes accounted condescending and cold. Even in the intimate companionship that they instinctively seek, they are fiercely independent. They dislike interference by others, however helpfully intended, and will accept it only on their own terms.

But once they decide that another is worthy of their friendship, Aquarians are tenacious and extraordinarily loyal compatriots. However, if they are deceived their anger is terrible. And if disillusioned (usually because their own idealism causes them to demand more of others than is reasonable) Aquarians do not forgive.

Aquarians work most effectively within a group environment: provided that they are recognized as having a leading role in the project. They have a feeling of unity with nature and a desire for knowledge and truth that makes them admirable scientists: most especially astronomers and natural historians.

They also excel in photography, radiography, electronics - anything connected with the electrical and radio industries - aviation and all other things technical. They are often gifted in the performing arts: their talent for mimicry and parody serves them well as character actors or comedians. Their avant-garde tendencies are often expressed in writing (most usually poetry), public service broadcasting and musical innovation. And their altruism may find its voice in welfare fields or education.

Positive Traits
Friendly and humanitarian. Honest and loyal. Original and inventive. Independent and intellectual.

Negative Traits
Intractable and contrary. Perverse and unpredictable. Unemotional and detached.

Jessica (Flica) and Yul

ARIES (Soloist/Cardinal)
Survivor Alumni
Joel, Richard, Jeff V., Nick, Colby, Patricia, Burton, Lillian, Ryan S., Lea, Angie and Ruth Marie

7(50%)
3(21%)/3(21%)
1(7%)
WOMEN
MEN

Adventurous, ambitious, impulsive, enthusiastic and full of energy, the Arien is a trailblazer: open to new ideas and a lover of freedom. They welcome opposition and will not be diverted from their purposes except by their own impatience or boredom. The childlike enthusiasm of these entrepreneurs and revolutionaries is infectious, and their ability to rouse others interest in a project or cause is unparalleled. But the Mars-ruled are initiators -- not perpetuators.

Because their approach to life is somewhat simplistic, what Aries can accomplish without a lot of distracting nuances and complexities to slow him down is staggering. Don't, however, put them in a position where they'll have to deal with complex emotions or with a problem requiring delicate handling or subtlety. They're simply not equipped for it.

And, much concerned with personal advancement and physical satisfaction (self-reliant but also self-centered), Aries do not work well under authority unless they, too, have subordinates. In fact, they may be too self-sufficient and proud to acknowledge they have a boss and often take matters into their own hands (disregarding authority absolutely). Ask an Aries how many times he's been fired, and he'll probably tell you more than once.

In personal relationships Ariens are frank, direct and candid: gregarious and generous friends. However, their immense energy can also make them aggressive and restless, argumentative, headstrong, quick-tempered and easily offended: of all the zodiac’s natives, an Aries will most readily haul off and punch a nose.

And while the Arien is not the least bit calculating (in most instances, he'll simply tell it like it is before he's had a chance to think about the consequences), he does crave admiration and praise. So that while he won’t usually lie (in contradiction of his straightforward nature), he'll often exaggerate the truth in his own favor or simply in order to stamp it with his individuality.

Intellectually, Ariens are quick-witted, usually objective, and inspirationally optimistic: irreplaceable champions of lost causes and last-ditch stands. But they can also become extremists: foolhardy and dogmatic zealots whose enormous talents and vibrant personalities become a hindrance (if not a threat) to the welfare of the society in which they move.

Positive Traits
Adventurous and energetic. Pioneering and courageous. Enthusiastic and confident. Dynamic and quick-witted.

Negative Traits
Selfish and quick-tempered. Impulsive and impatient. Foolhardy and daredevil.

Cao Boi and Cristina

LIBRA (Soloist/Cardinal)
Survivor Alumni
Jessie, Rob C., Roger S., Twila, John K., Aras and Terry

SURVIVORSFINAL 9FINAL 4/FINAL 2SOLE SURVIVORS
4(50%)
4(50%)/2(25%)
1(8%)
WOMEN
MEN

Libra is ruled by the planet Venus and symbolized by Scales of Balance. Similarly, the natives of Libra are the very personification of refinement and affection, endearing you with their genteel manner and melting your heart with their ingratiating smiles. But don't let all that sugar and spice fool you: the October-born can be as quarrelsome, as irritable and as intractable as any sign in the zodiac, and then some. Libra is the sign of balance, and just as a set of scales will teeter back and forth before achieving a new balance, Libra will vacillate to and fro between extremes: mental, emotional or physical. When the Libra does make a decision, however, you can probably bank on its integrity. The polar opposite of the subjective Aries, the Libran is quite capable of objective judgment: irrespective of his own tastes, mores, philosophies or preferences. Perhaps this is why there are more judges born under Libra than under any sun sign and why the Scales have come to represent our system of justice.

These are very social human beings. They loathe cruelty, viciousness and vulgarity. And they detest overt conflict. So they do their best to cooperate and compromise with everyone around them. Their ideal for their own circle (and for society as a whole) is unity. And their cast of mind is artistic rather than intellectual.

However, once they have reached a conclusion they will not tolerate a divergent opinion: among their faults is an impatience of criticism and a greed for approval. Moreover, the negative Libran character may show frivolity, flirtatiousness and shallowness. It can be changeable and indecisive, impatient of routine, colorlessly conventional and timid, easygoing to the point of inertia and inappropriately docile: yet Librans can shock everyone around them with sudden, and inexplicable, storms of rage.

The Libran flair for tact and diplomacy is unparalleled in the zodiac. And in business and diplomatic relations, the Libra is able (far more often than not) to accomplish what he desires without destroying relationships that could be valuable to him in the future. But the ease with which they pursue any argument can sometimes make you wonder where the Libra really stands. Nothing irritates the Libran's harmonizing intellect more than one-dimensional thinking. So, if they think your line of reasoning is too pat or simplistic, they'll purposely take the opposing view.

And while 'Lazy Libra' is a common phrase, those who would casually ascribe laziness to October-born have never seen them in their more productive moods. Once they have committed themselves to a goal, Librans can become powerhouses: using their well-ordered intellects to accomplish in leaps and bounds tasks that might encumber other signs. The trouble is that in planning any endeavor, October-born can get so lost in the endless labyrinth of strategies, factors and options which have to be weighed and evaluated by their logical minds that their procrastination can give you the best portrayal of laziness you've ever seen. He'll yawn, stretch, and then lie down (as if exhausted): all with such convincing lassitude that it will make you tired just watching him.

Positive Traits
Diplomatic and urbane. Romantic and charming. Easy-going and sociable. Idealistic and peaceable.

Negative Traits
Indecisive and changeable. Gullible and easily influenced. Flirtatious and self-indulgent.

Shockingly, there are no Libras in this season’s cast …

SAGITTARIUS (Soloist/Mutable)
Survivor Alumni
Colleen, Sean K., Kim P., Clarence, Vecepia, Jed, Tanya, Daniel, Osten, Julie, Brady, Stephenie L., Willard, Morgan, Bruce, Sally and Shane

10(55%)
2(11%)/2(11%)
1(5%)
WOMEN
MEN

Sagittarians have a positive outlook on life and are full of enterprise, energy, versatility and adventure: eager to extend experience beyond the physically familiar. They delight in travel and exploration: the Sagittarian is genuinely intrigued by foreign cultures. And when their finances preclude traipsing the globe, undeterred Sagittarians travel in their minds.

Ambitious and optimistic (even when their hopes are dashed), their strongly idealistic natures are able to withstand disappointments without being affected. They are honorable, honest, trustworthy, truthful, generous and sincere (with a passion for justice). They are usually on the side of the underdog and are prepared to be rebellious.

Non-conformists, Sagittarians hate being bound to rigid social confines or pigeonholed into strict routines that don't give them plenty of breathing room. Even more than physical restrictions, they'll loathe mental confinement. Sagittarians have both profound and broad minds: equipped with foresight, good judgment and keen intuition. As a result, they are often fascinating conversationalists and correspondents. Think Mark Twain. Think Sagittarius.

And in a curious twist of fate, Sagittarians, who are often accused of clumsiness, are also credited with extraordinary grace and coordination when engaged in purposeful physical activity: most particularly sports and dance. In everyday activities, however, the Sagittarian can be surprisingly less dignified. Though the December-born athlete may break the record for high jump, he'll stumble over his shoelaces walking onto the field. And the Sagittarian ballerina may execute pirouettes with perfect form on stage but stub her toe on the kitchen table at home. Yet these contradictory characteristics somehow find a happy coexistence in the Sagittarian personality.

Their gifts fit Sagittarians for a number of widely differing professions. But they are much more adept at adapting than inventing and are at their best when working with colleagues whose talents compliment, rather than compete with, their own.

And Sagittarians can sometimes be exacting, domineering and inconsiderate in the work place: scorning the inadequacies of others while expecting fulsome recognition of their own skills and effort. Moreover, they can be (and frequently are) impulsively angry. And, when angry, both male and female Sagittarians can be vicious: employing with precision those words or actions that will most severely wound their adversary .

On the other hand, they are magnanimous in forgiving offenses and quick to make amends for their own intemperance.

And, more apt then the average to make an uncongenial alliance, their innate restlessness (which, if excessive, often jeopardizes more than their own stability) will often compel them to use even the most satisfying ménage as a base from which to … depart.

Positive Traits
Optimistic and freedom-loving. Jovial and good-humored. Honest and straightforward. Intellectual and philosophical.

Negative Traits
Blindly optimistic and careless. Irresponsible and superficial. Tactless and restless.

Brad

Art by Carol Grigg

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Signs of Survival: Cook Island... emydi 10-20-06 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-20-06, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Signs of Survival: Cook Islands"
Interesting A LOT OF VIRGOS!! and another Leo that is very clost to being a VIRGO

And a lot of other cusps too at beg or end of a sign

The one Scorpio and one Capricorn left are both women...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •