The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Innertube aka Insider episode 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-30-06, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Innertube aka Insider episode 3"
Once again, great job by James Barber:

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=19176.topic

YUL INTERVIEW ON EXILE ISLAND

Yul debates whether or not to tell his team about the immunity idol.

(While on Exile Island, Yul looks at the idol, then packs up his stuff and leaves)

YUL (solo): I'm still debating about whether or not to tell people I found the hidden Idol. I'm inclined to tell Brad and Becky, but strategically it might be a huge mistake on my part if they're playing me, or if they're not, they're true to their word. If I lie to them at this point it's not how ideally I want to play this game. I want to try to play this game with integrity.

PARVATI INTERVIEW

Parvati is trying to form relationships with Nate and Brad, and describes why her tribe decided to send Candice to Exile Island.

"I love this tribe."

(cut)

"Last night when we all gathered around the fire, and we were telling stories about people's families and people's lives, what everyone's about. Everyone's really cool in this group, everyone has something unique to add to our group. They're entertaining. I like our tribe. Plus, our guys are really strong."

(cut)

"I deided I'd try to get closest to Nate of all the guys on the tribe. "

(cut)

"I'm a flirty girl and guys respond to that. So I've been flirting with Nate and he's been..responding."

(cut)

"I think Brad's really funny, so I've just been like having conversations with him since he came here. He has a lot in common with me. We like to shop, we like to talk about clothes and going out and stuff."

(cut)

"I have a lot of gay guy friends and I know how to work gay guys as well. I have a lot of tricks up my sleeve. I'm not just limiting myself to heterosexual men."

(cut)

"I don't want to look like a manipulator. I don't want to look like I'm trying to manipulate anyone...yet, anyways. It's way too early for that."

(cut)

"We all decided to send Candice to Exile because the person who got sent to Exile was safe, and we assumed she might be considered the weakest link on their tribe, because she's so frail and thin. She's not meaty and muscular. There's a lot of muscular girls on that tribe. We decided to save her, and I'm glad we did, because I really want her to stick around. But I'm also very worried about her, too, because she's stuck on Exile all by herself."

(cut)

"I think Candice can make it on Exile Island. She knows how to start a fire, for sure. She knows how to build a shelter. She's nature girl. She was nature girl when we were on Raro."

CANDICE ON EXILE ISLAND

Candice isn't happy about spending time on Exile Island, but she's relieved to be safe from Tribal Council.

"I'm feeling a little bit tired, a little bit thirsty. I don't think anyone ever wants to spend time on Exile Island, it's really tough, but honestly I'd rather be here than going to Tribal tonight. I know it's going to be a tough however many days I'm stuck out here, but I'll make it work. At least I'm not going home."

(cut)

"I'm really glad the Rarotonga tribe sent me. I still have some friends over there, and they're looking out for me."

(cut)

"I think the Rarotonga tribe is a lot younger right now, and I'm the youngest person by a good ways on the Aitutaki tribe. I think I was feeling a little bit vulnerable, a little bit out of the loop, and everybody else had a lot of things in common, and they said I was a baby. I'm glad they saved me. I don't know if I was going home tonight or not, I feel like I had alliances, people who said they were going to vote a certain way, but I'm not sure I trust those alliances. There were some people in the alliance I just wasn't sure if they'd say, 'Well, we'd have enough people if we just vote Candice off.' I'd rather be here than risk going home, I can at least guarantee myself a couple days here."

(cut)

"It feels really good to know I have friends over there rooting for me, want to get back together if I make it to the merge. I miss them, they were my best friends in the game. Parvati and Adam, I miss them so much. When I got to Aitutaki, it was a completely different feeling. I just felt like instead of being myself and talking all the time, I was just sitting in the corner, left out of certain things. I really miss that tribe. I miss those people. I can't wait to have a chance to get back with them."

(a little while later, Candice is shown sitting on a sandbar, sans cap)

"My strategy is to lay low, don't be an obvious threat of someone who needs to be voted out. Pull my weight around camp, which is a little bit tougher when there are 9 people and there are people who are loud. They tend to jump on the jobs that need to be done. So I'm just trying to do what needs to be done, not stand out, not be a threat to anyone, and hopefully lay low until I can figure out if there's someone I can trust and find my footing."

(cut)

"Hopefully I'll come back and we'll still have the 5 on our side, and either Cecilia or Ozzy will be voted out."

(cut)

"For me, the worst possible thing that could happen at Tribal would be if Becky were voted out. I don't think that's gonna happen, but...(trails off) If Jonathan were voted out, Jonathan and I supposedly have a strong alliance, but to me Jonathan is just a big question mark in my head. I like him a lot, he's a great guy, I enjoy his company, but there's just something about my gut that doesn't trust him." So the worst possible thing would be if Becky were voted out because I think Becky is kind of in control and running things and does most of the talking for the group. I think she kind of finesses things with Yul. Becky and me were immediately drawn together; I like her and I think she likes me. We haven't had any chance to have any personal conversations, but I think she is probably most solid for me, because she knows that I'm definitely with her, I'm not gonna flop, I've given her some good information and been a good team player in her eyes, for the alliance. That would be the worst possible thing . I don't think it will happen."

BECKY INTERVIEW

Becky discusses her thoughts on how new alliances will influence Aitu's upcoming Tribal Council.

"When we first came back to the beach with our 2 new tribes, my first thought was who can I trust in this tribe right now, who can I think I can possibly be in an alliance with and be able to talk openly with. I knew coming here this was the red tribe's home turf, so obviously Ozzy and Cecilia would be pretty tight, pretty close already. Knowing that, I think we were thinking of who else could I trust, and obviously my first thoughts were Yul and Cao Boi, cause I had a previous bond with them, and Candice, we were talking and I think her and Jonathan were pretty strong too. That was the perfect four, and we were looking for a fifth. Jonathan mentioned Flica."

(cut)

"Right away from the beginning we started talking and she knew she was close to Jonathan, and I knew I could talk to Yul and he could join with us. That would be our 4."

(cut)

"The other tribe does have a lot of brawn, and I think when we were first divided yesterday we were trying to go down a list of the other tribe and what their strengths were and weaknesses were by going through our new members in our tribe. We were worried about that, but at the same time, a lot of the challenges are agility, have endurance, are mental, a lot of the factors that have mental capacity. Being that we have a lot of people in our tribe, we thought we'd be able to pull together and win other challenges."

(cut)

"My alliance wants to break down Ozzy and Cecilia. They're a tight bond. As a numbers thing, eliminate them, because I think JP from the other tribe is a huge threat for when they do merge, since JP would be a big threat we wanted to cut down the red tribe's numbers before they do merge."

(cut)

"I'm right now leaning more towards Cecilia, our alliance is leaning more towards Cecilia, because she's seen more as the leader of that alliance. Oh, another reason is Ozzy's great at catching fish, which doesn't help, obviously. Definitely the fact that he likes to hunt and brings in food for the tribe is a plus to keep him."

(cut)

"I think Ozzy is pretty athletic, he's also, when he has an idea, he goes with it. He's pretty opinionated, but in a good way. He's not wishy-washy, I like that about him, he's pretty opinionated, he sticks with what he thinks and what he decides."

(cut)

"I am hoping for tonight's Tribal Council that obviously I don't go home, that's for sure, but also it will be interesting to see even if it's a numbers game, how many times other people vote for Cecilia, or if they're just talking, and also if my head's on the chopping block, if my name is written down. I want to see if Yul will step up and try to save me or not."

(cut)

"Yul's a very loyal person. As I've talked to him more and more often I've gained a lot more respect for him. A very smart person, obviously he's very intelligent, he found the Immunity Idol. That part, the intelligence part of him, will think about the strategy of using it so early, and like letting people know he had it. On the other side of that, we're pretty close, and I don't know how much he was holding it back for the game versus loyalty to a friend."

(cut)

"My plan right now is to go back and just - I know Jonathan and Cao Boi had been talking. I know Yul probably wants to talk right now, and see what's going on, wants to hear my thoughts."

(cut)

"I don't give up. I'm not a quitter at all, so I'm going to fight until I can. I'm not just going to sit back, even though right now the numbers are against me, I'm not just going to sit back and go out like this. I'm going to give it a little more try, a little more fight, definitely."

TRIBAL COUNCIL VOTES

Now's your chance to see what all the members of Aitu said as they cast their votes at Tribal Council.

YUL (Cecilia): Cecilia, I'm really sorry to be sending you home. You seem like a wonderful person, I just haven't had a chance to get to know you very well over the past 24 hours. The vote was either going to go against Becky or yourself, and between the two, my loyalty is to Becky, because I've known her for longer and obviously have a strong friendship and alliance with her. Best of luck to you.

CECILIA (Becky): It's nothing personal. I think you're amazing, but I think it'd be better for the tribe.

SUNDRA (Becky): Hey girl, I'm only writing your name down because I know you're not going to be sent home tonight. That's it.

BECKY (Cecilia): It's nothing personal, girl, I'm just doing this for strategy for moving our tribe forward in this game.

OZZY (Becky): You haven't made any effort to connect with me, get to know me, at all.

CAO BOI (Cecilia): Ceci, I'm sorry, but there's a bigger picture. There are people scheming, and we're all in danger. You're the sacrifice. You're the cog. Hopefully from here on we'll defeat the scheming, and the good people will have a chance to keep playing this game longer. Lo siento.

JONATHAN (Cecilia): You're a classy lady, and this is nothing personal. I'm sure I'd like you if I got to know you. It's just strategy.

JESSICA (Cecilia): I'm sorry girl, I think you're the best, but I have to vote for you. Sorry.

CECILIA'S FINAL WORDS

After being voted off the island, Cecilia talks about the shock of being so unexpectedly off (they said "her", I think they meant off).

"It was an amazing eight days. I got to do crazy things I thought I would never do, and I probably won't do again. I have no regrets, I had a great time, and I really hope that either JP or Cristina or Ozzy win because they deserve it, they're amazing people. (flustered) This vote tonight is a testament to how quickly the game can change. Five, four hours ago we had a consensus almost that Becky was going home, but some people couldn't make up their minds, and I'm going home, but I'm happy. It was a great experience."

(cut)

"I think they made a mistake voting me out. I'm curious to see what's going to happen to the camp, what's going to happen to the dynamic of the group. Ozzy and I had a strong bond and he's probably going to be disappointed with the people who switched their votes at the last minute. I don't think it's going to strengthen them. I think it's going to weaken the tribe, unfortunately."

CECILIA, THE DAY AFTER

Cecilia is disappointed that some of her tribe members gave up their integrity and went back on their word about who to vote out at Tribal Council.

"I definitely think there was a lot more I could have helped my tribe with. I think they made a mistake in voting me off."

(cut)

"Not just in terms of physical strength, endurance, which I have of a lot, but in terms of smarts and strategy, and given that I tried to play the game with integrity, my word meant a lot. When I told people, 'I won't vote for you,' I really meant that, so those people missed out on a sure shot of going further, at least in terms of having my vote. I would have kept my word until the next merge."

(cut)

"Looking back, thinking about what I could have done different, I'm not frustrated. It's just a game, and I know that. I had an amazing experience the first few days, with my original tribe. Great people."

(cut)

"After the tribes merged, the dynamics changed. Obviously the phsyical strength wasn't equally divided between the tribes. The physically stronger men were all the blue tribe. The strength of character I got to know in the few hours I got to interact with my new tribe, there was a lot of wishy-washiness, even from before, the impression I got from a lot of the people I ended up being on my tribe with was, "That slimy liar," or, "That guy's sneaky." That sort of thing."

(cut)

"Integrity and truthfulness is definitely important to me. That's one of the reasons I admired Cristina so much is because of the four of us, the five of us from the initial tribe, she is the one that held onto her morals and her values the strongest and something to look up to and admire."

(cut)

"My best time in the game was the first five or six days. When we first got there, we had to make a home, we had to make a place to live out of nowhere. We had to adapt, we had to get a fire, build a shelter, get to know the people we were with, before the strategy of the game before too important."

(cut)

"I was surprised at my ability to build bonds quickly and to care about people. I've always been - I have a very diverse group of acquaintances. Very few close friends that I would sacrifice everything for. Through the pressure of experience, the circumstances of the game, there are a few people who will become close friends like that. That surprised me, because back home, yeah I may come off as nice and sweet sometimes, but I'm really bitchy. I'm really bitchy and I have an attitude and I'm a little brat. My friends who knew I was coming on the show thought I was going to be the ##### of the show, because I don't really like people. (laughs) I'm really bitchy. But that didn't surface. I was surprised."

(cut)

"The fact that I was able to admit when somebody inspired me or somebody intimidated me, I was able to be human, show emotion. For the most part, I live my life in a shell; I'm too cool to show emotion. And I let that happen."

(cut)

"I'm gonna take the experiences. The memories of being on the boat and being seasick, going from laying down and half-dead to jump up and starting the game like that with no warning. Being thrown out into the middle of the ocean with four people I don't know about, and at this point my life sort of depends on these people, four other people I don't know. I'm going to remember going into the bush to whack palm fronds with all kinds of creepy-crawly things, and being OK. I'm going to remember things like that. Eating whatever I ate, crabs and fish and chicken stomachs and all that. So I'm gonna remember that, and I'm gonna remember the people I played with, and what I learned about myself."

(cut)

"I got proof. Something I already knew about myself, but I got proof of the fact that I can adapt and adjust to anything. I learned that I can open myself, open up to like feel and to express feelings, and it's OK, and I'll be OK. I learned that I don't have to live in a shell and be nonchalant about things. I learned that it's OK to be weak at some point and to need somebody."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3 Thaibeach 10-01-06 1
   RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3 Loree 10-01-06 2
       RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3 Outfrontgirl 10-02-06 3
       RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3 Brownroach 10-02-06 4
           RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3 architecturegirl 10-02-06 5
               RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3 forehead 10-02-06 7
                   RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3 Brownroach 10-02-06 8
 RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3 Brownroach 10-02-06 6
   RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3 forehead 10-02-06 9
       RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3 Brownroach 10-02-06 10
           RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3 forehead 10-02-06 11
               RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3 Brownroach 10-03-06 12
                   RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3 forehead 10-03-06 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-06, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3"

I liked Cecilia and was sorry to see her go.

The Insider has a lot of interersting stuff. I had no idea Cao Boi was in on the "scheming".

What I can't understand at all is why Jonathan, Candice, Yul and Becky didn't approach Sundra to be their fifth member?

Flicka (Cao Boi too, for that matter) seems like such a flake that I wouldn't trust her to not change her mind every 5 minutes. She did vote Cecelia out anyway but Sundra was the only member of the Hiki tribe and would probably have been approachable, since she doesn't seem to have any strong ties to Cecelia, Ozzy, or Cao Boi, either.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-01-06, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3"
Sundra said she knew Becky wasn't going home. So she obviously knew the vote had been changed. I wonder if Cecelia and Ozzy were the only ones that didn't know the vote had changed.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-06, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3"
Cecilia knew, I read that from Rose at MESS who does bootee interviews. Here's the relevant part of Rose's post:

"And about the fall of Cecelia's alliance, she said Yul and Jonathan wanted it more than the other guys, so they worked Flicka and CaoBoi harder. Cecelia said she was sick with a fever and as she rested in the shelter, she watched Jonathan working everyone, and said Flicka kept looking at her with an aguished look, so she knew she was toast. She even left her socks behind when she packed for TC so somebody could stay warm after she left."

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-06, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3"
I think Ozzy might have known too. His voting comment isn't about strategy or the tribe or the game:

OZZY (Becky): You haven't made any effort to connect with me, get to know me, at all.

That doesn't really seem characteristic of him. He might have just said that because he already knew the plan had failed.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-02-06, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3"
I also found it VERY interesting that he took a really long time to vote - like he was unsure or something. That part was definitely edited out for the show.

10-02-06, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3"
BR, ag,

No doubt about it. Cecilia knew she was going (left her socks for somebody else to use at camp), Sundra knew it, clearly Ozzy must have known too. So, why did it take him so long to start writing down Becky's name? Who knows, staying loyal to Cecilia vs. starting to re-align where it counts - the voting booth...

forehead

10-02-06, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3"
Who knows, staying loyal to Cecilia vs. starting to re-align where it counts

But of course. If he wasn't going to vote for Becky there was only one other choice.

10-02-06, 04:21 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3"
Remember when Yul said:

“Becky, she is a lawyer but she does a lot of non profit work; I respect that and I don’t think someone like that really would be in this game to make a lot of money”

He'd better rethink that.

10-02-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3"
How much thicker can the "Yul trusts Becky - when is it going to bite him in the ..."-plot get? Oh, the suspense...

10-02-06, 05:31 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3"
Also, Becky obviously knew she might be going home:

I'm not just going to sit back, even though right now the numbers are against me, I'm not just going to sit back and go out like this.

So Yul and Jonathan must have told her that Cao Boi and Flicka were possibly voting for her. I don't think Becky will appreciate that, especially of Cao Boi.

10-02-06, 05:43 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3"
Yep, and she was also curious as to whether Yul would give her the HII:

"I am hoping for tonight's Tribal Council that obviously I don't go home, that's for sure, but also it will be interesting to see even if it's a numbers game, how many times other people vote for Cecilia, or if they're just talking, and also if my head's on the chopping block, if my name is written down. I want to see if Yul will step up and try to save me or not."

10-03-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3"
I think it's pretty funny that right after Yul told Becky he had the idol and would use it to save her, he found out that people were voting for her at the upcoming TC. He should have just let the others vote her out.

10-03-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Innertube aka Insider episode 3"
Agree. Castaways are castaways - they just can't help themselves. Except for a rare case (like Brian), most castaways invariably fail at playing this human chess game.

Maybe this season somebody can actually play the real game. I have some hope for Becky, Sundra, Parvati - but it's a long road. We'll see...

forehead

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •